Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Ahviya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern, Connecticut
Posts: 58
Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Callanetics August 2013 Challenge.

Good morning everyone!

This is a new month full of wonderful surprises for our bodies with Callanetics. Let's challenge ourselves physically, keep our minds healthy and encourage each other along our journey.


I am going to do 10 hours this month.
Ahviya is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Callanetics Challenge, August 2013

CALLANETICS Challenge AUGUST 2013

Let's make August a great month to get in shape.

Some of the benefits seen by Callanetics students:

Tight, lifted firm buttocks
Flatter toned abs
Long lean legs with awesome muscle definition
Lean, sculpted arms
Youthful neckline
Stronger pelvic floor
Increased flexibility
Increased strength
Restore youthful alignment and posture

Feel full of energy, vitality and empowered. There's nothing like Callanetics to safely tone and shape the body.

Callanetics is safe for everyone regardless of age and fitness level. It's particularly beneficial and safe for people with back, neck and knee issues.

Reclaim your youthful body shape by joining us for the Callanetics Challenge.

Happy Pulsing!
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
I'm excited about another month of change. I've decided not to keep track of numbers, but to simply commit to at least twice a week, starting next week. I need another couple of days to relax those pesky rhomboids. That should still give me 8 sessions for the month. This taking time off sucks!!!
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,808
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I'm shooting for eleven sessions this month... hopefully I can get one in later today..
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
I'm aiming for 15 x 10/10 and 5 x super this month, so 20 sessions and 22.5 hours. I've done 1 x 10/10 this morning so off to a good start. I'm at a wedding tomorrow so I'm having tomorrow off!
Zula is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member
 
kb910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 22
Gallery: kb910
Stats: current 166 Goal 120
WOE: Keto Zero Carb/ AdvoCare
Start Date: 11/2012
Ok, excited about this month. Just got my DVDs like 2 weeks or so ago, so I think I am doing good so far. did 1 hr of 10/10 this morning making it a total of 7hrs. I am looking forward to my 10th hour for my progress pics and measurements!
kb910 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 524
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I woke up yesterday and glanced in the mirror, and didn't recognise my body for a minute. I got scared I had lost too much weight. I always worry about this because when I was younger I had trouble keeping any weight on (I weighed 112 at 5'7.5"), no matter what I ate, that's why I got into weight lifting. The muscle helped me gain weight. So I'm very aware of what is healthy and what is not for my body, and I know if I have muscle on my body, I won't be losing too much more than I already have.

What's really worrying me though is my niece was put in the hospital this past week for anorexia and bulimia. She is the one who is severely under weight. At 5'6", she was down to 88 pounds (she's 15) and it was straining her heart. We're hoping she can join the hospitals program without going on the 5 month waiting list, but are still waiting on this. For the time being she's on a high calorie diet and is being monitored 24hours a day. I hope all of you can recognise when too much is too much.

When I finally got to a healthy weight, it was with muscle, and I remember noting, when I'm healthy, my stomach lays just in front of my hip bone, not further in like when laying down. I have never forgotten that.

I'll be doing my hour later on today. I'm having a lazy day off.

As for the month, I find with my other activities and my health, somewhere between 13 and 16 is doable for me.

Remember that outer teardrop on my leg I was watching move up? Well, I decided to measure how far it's moved, and from being at least a cm below the top of my kneecap, it is now 2.5" higher. Craziness I tell ya!

Happy pulsing everyone!
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39.25"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
Starting all over with 198 hours (1/? this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
odo
Senior LCF Member
 
odo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumbria, England,UK
Posts: 153
Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Here we go
I am aiming for 10 x 10/10 full sessions & 90 miles walking for August

Did my first full hour this morning (9 to go hehehehe).
I might need to revisit my target level later on

Amanda
1x 10/10
odo is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
odo
Senior LCF Member
 
odo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumbria, England,UK
Posts: 153
Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I woke up yesterday and glanced in the mirror, and didn't recognise my body for a minute. I got scared I had lost too much weight. I always worry about this because when I was younger I had trouble keeping any weight on (I weighed 112 at 5'7.5"), no matter what I ate, that's why I got into weight lifting. The muscle helped me gain weight. So I'm very aware of what is healthy and what is not for my body, and I know if I have muscle on my body, I won't be losing too much more than I already have.

What's really worrying me though is my niece was put in the hospital this past week for anorexia and bulimia. She is the one who is severely under weight. At 5'6", she was down to 88 pounds (she's 15) and it was straining her heart. We're hoping she can join the hospitals program without going on the 5 month waiting list, but are still waiting on this. For the time being she's on a high calorie diet and is being monitored 24hours a day. I hope all of you can recognise when too much is too much.

When I finally got to a healthy weight, it was with muscle, and I remember noting, when I'm healthy, my stomach lays just in front of my hip bone, not further in like when laying down. I have never forgotten that.

I'll be doing my hour later on today. I'm having a lazy day off.

As for the month, I find with my other activities and my health, somewhere between 13 and 16 is doable for me.

Remember that outer teardrop on my leg I was watching move up? Well, I decided to measure how far it's moved, and from being at least a cm below the top of my kneecap, it is now 2.5" higher. Craziness I tell ya!

Happy pulsing everyone!
OMG, I really hope your niece is able to get help. My husband's niece is going through the same, she has been hospitalise several times. It is so sad to see.

Great reminder about where your stomach should lay as I am sure others are like me and look down at that little bulge and stare at it and say willingly 'go flat' and...nothing happens

Amanda
odo is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 21
Gallery: Pease Pudding
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sept 2009
Thank you for your welcome message susanw53 (and Zula too) in the July challenge thread.

I received the DVD yesterday! I recognise a couple of the exercises that I have tried in the dim and distant past! I take on board the advice about starting slowly - it's all too easy to rush in... I was also rethinking about starting weights before you advised to leave it for a while - I think the one will camouflage the other and I won't see how things are improving.

I will check out secondhand bookshops for the book - but in the meantime, I am glad I bought the DVD first, as I have always had problems looking at & turning pages of a book whilst trying to do the exercise! (T-Tapp comes to mind - several pages for each exercise - I didn't continue with it...).

I have taken a before pic of my waist - this is one area that I am not going slow on initially as it is my main 'problem' area. My legs are reasonably well toned (until a year or so ago I was horse-riding every week and I had thighs like rocks!) but apart from jumping around in various aerobic activities, I don't do specific exercises at present, so I am sure they will benefit.

Anyway, once I get going, ambitiously I plan to try do 10/10 3 x week = max 12 this month. I know about rest days, so will play it according to how I feel.

Pease
Pease Pudding is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post

I'm aiming for 15 x 10/10 and 5 x super this month, so 20 sessions and 22.5 hours. I've done 1 x 10/10 this morning so off to a good start. I'm at a wedding tomorrow so I'm having tomorrow off!
Did you get into your dress?
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
I did until I've swollen up again! Been to see consultant today and ECG abnormal (query fluid around my heart) so scan on Saturday and referral to Endocrinologist as query Sheehan's syndrome which would explain a lot including the water.

I'm going to spend all night and all tomorrow morning in epsom salt baths to try and get as much of the fluid off as possible!

Thank goodness I have Callanetics to help channel my energy and keep me relaxed and calm!
Zula is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pease Pudding View Post
Thank you for your welcome message susanw53 (and Zula too) in the July challenge thread.

I will check out secondhand bookshops for the book - but in the meantime, I am glad I bought the DVD first, as I have always had problems looking at & turning pages of a book whilst trying to do the exercise! (T-Tapp comes to mind - several pages for each exercise - I didn't continue with it...).

I have taken a before pic of my waist - this is one area that I am not going slow on initially as it is my main 'problem' area.


Pease
Keep in mind that the waist will probably get bigger in the beginning because as things tighten up everything shifts around. We all want that tiny waist and it's usually the last area to pull in completely. We'll be here to bolster you if you feel panicky.

I bought my last used copy from Amazon. It's worth a look. The book is really an invaluable resource.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Jigglebuster, my thoughts and prayers are with your niece. It's crazy, but I also have a beloved niece burdened by both anorexia and bulimia. She's been healthy now for a couple years, happily married with two wonderful sons and a rewarding career and always at risk. Our place is unconditional love and constant support. We will probably always hold our breath, or at least for a few more years

So, you're starting to see the real you in the mirror? That's the you with the muscular system beautifully molded to your skeletal system, strong, toned and lean. Callanetics in action. Good times.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
I did until I've swollen up again! Been to see consultant today and ECG abnormal (query fluid around my heart) so scan on Saturday and referral to Endocrinologist as query Sheehan's syndrome which would explain a lot including the water.

I'm going to spend all night and all tomorrow morning in epsom salt baths to try and get as much of the fluid off as possible!

Thank goodness I have Callanetics to help channel my energy and keep me relaxed and calm!
I'll be sending some nice healing thoughts. Try to just let it go and enjoy the wedding. Maybe you could just wear something else and just relax today in preparation for fun times tomorrow? I'd be surprised if someone doesn't comment on how good you look. Have a good time.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Thanks Susan! I don't have anything else to wear because I've not returned to my pre-pregnancy shape and this is the biggest dress I own! I can easily fit into it with a small amount of water retention, but this bad I've got no chance, so it's a case of bring on the salts!!!
Zula is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Gallery: cristal7629
Count me in for August! Just today for the first time I was able to do 100 hips and behind exercises, each side, each position WITH proper form and man was I feeling it. Also I just wanted to thank everyone else who answered me in the July challenge Forum post, when my mother would start Callanetics she always had this thing happened that she calls "the box" because all her fat around her hips gets redistributed and it looks very boxy! I suppose that's whats happening with me so ill keep on pulsing!!
cristal7629 is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England
Posts: 61
Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 9th September 2014
Wow, 18 posts already!
Count me in for August but I will not set a target number this month because I'm away for a holiday and have relatives staying as well. I will do what I can exercise-wise when I can. Will hopefully catch up in September!

Welcome all newbies!

Great work to those of you who have an hour of callanetics under your belt already from the first day of the month!

Last edited by keepfitbrit; 08-01-2013 at 12:14 PM..
keepfitbrit is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
odo
Senior LCF Member
 
odo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumbria, England,UK
Posts: 153
Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristal7629 View Post
Count me in for August! Just today for the first time I was able to do 100 hips and behind exercises, each side, each position WITH proper form and man was I feeling it. Also I just wanted to thank everyone else who answered me in the July challenge Forum post, when my mother would start Callanetics she always had this thing happened that she calls "the box" because all her fat around her hips gets redistributed and it looks very boxy! I suppose that's whats happening with me so ill keep on pulsing!!
Brilliant, I am a box too!!!!

Amanda
odo is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
planetbenjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Soho, London
Posts: 917
Gallery: planetbenjamin
Gosh is it August already. Wishing everyone the best of luck this month. Happy Pulsing!
planetbenjamin is offline  
Old 08-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 42
Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
Go August! I didn't join the July thread but I started Callanetics up again last month and did 6 sessions...not full hours because boy did it kick my butt and I had to rest alot!

Goal for this month is 10 full hours!
crazynanc is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 105
Gallery: marlenelet
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just did my 1st hour of 10/10 yesterday and the stomach exercises are sooooo hard! I couldn't get past 25 reps because my neck was straining at the front and I couldn't seem to round my shoulders much. I was doing this laying on my exercise mat. I tried the stomach exercises later laying on my bed ( it's a coconut fibre mattress and very firm ) and it seems much easier to round. Hmm....any tips why this happens?

I had a bad neck sprain about 6 weeks ago and I've been waking up daily with a mild ache and tension on my upper back. I did Callanetics yesterday evening and this morning, I woke up just fine, the tension on my back almost imperceptible. One hour and already it's helped my back...unbelievable!

That gives me a lot of motivation to continue. I don't have a hard set goal for this month, but I plan to start with 2x/week and see how it goes.
marlenelet is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #23
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,808
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just did my 1st hour of 10/10 yesterday and the stomach exercises are sooooo hard! I couldn't get past 25 reps because my neck was straining at the front and I couldn't seem to round my shoulders much. I was doing this laying on my exercise mat. I tried the stomach exercises later laying on my bed ( it's a coconut fibre mattress and very firm ) and it seems much easier to round. Hmm....any tips why this happens?

I had a bad neck sprain about 6 weeks ago and I've been waking up daily with a mild ache and tension on my upper back. I did Callanetics yesterday evening and this morning, I woke up just fine, the tension on my back almost imperceptible. One hour and already it's helped my back...unbelievable!

That gives me a lot of motivation to continue. I don't have a hard set goal for this month, but I plan to start with 2x/week and see how it goes.
when I first started I folded a pillow in half and propped it under the middle of my back... I did this for about the first ten hours, now I can do them with out....

ok I just did a turbo jam workout, and half of the 10 in 10 so that's 19 total workouts, and .5 for August!
let me tell you guys!! when you do another workout before callanetics it feels so much better and the stretches are double what they usually are! it's amazing!
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #24
odo
Senior LCF Member
 
odo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumbria, England,UK
Posts: 153
Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Another session done this morning

Hubby took photo's after the session, OMG I saw the pics and went into depression!! Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, I can/I will change those pics .

Amanda
2 x 10/10 for August
odo is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 04:59 AM   #25
odo
Senior LCF Member
 
odo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumbria, England,UK
Posts: 153
Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just did my 1st hour of 10/10 yesterday and the stomach exercises are sooooo hard! I couldn't get past 25 reps because my neck was straining at the front and I couldn't seem to round my shoulders much. I was doing this laying on my exercise mat. I tried the stomach exercises later laying on my bed ( it's a coconut fibre mattress and very firm ) and it seems much easier to round. Hmm....any tips why this happens?

I had a bad neck sprain about 6 weeks ago and I've been waking up daily with a mild ache and tension on my upper back. I did Callanetics yesterday evening and this morning, I woke up just fine, the tension on my back almost imperceptible. One hour and already it's helped my back...unbelievable!

That gives me a lot of motivation to continue. I don't have a hard set goal for this month, but I plan to start with 2x/week and see how it goes.
Marlenelet

I went through the same with the stomach exercises. I took regular breaks (sometimes after every 5-10 reps!! Just to stop the pain in my neck) but you will find gradually you will be doing more and more with fewer breaks and then one day hey presto you will be doing it without the breaks. It is just patience.

Amanda
odo is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member
 
Virago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 6
Gallery: Virago
Stats: 196/168/126
WOE: No diet plan, just eating sensibly
Good morning! I'm slow on the uptake (duh, it's not July?) but I'm in for August.
I'm leaving for a week-long vacation tomorrow - mostly camping, so unlikely to do much Callanetics - but will pick everything up when I return.

My WOE right now:
-Classical Stretch (my morning staple), followed by either...
-Callanetics (I have most DVDs so some combination thereof), or...
-Chicometrics (I have 3 of their workouts; very Callanetics-like and I just love that goofy Chico! ), and/or...
-LOTS of walking

I'm not committing to any number but will try to do a toning video approx every other day, so about 3x a week.

Here's to a great month everyone!

Last edited by Virago; 08-02-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Virago is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
Another session done this morning

Hubby took photo's after the session, OMG I saw the pics and went into depression!! Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, I can/I will change those pics .

Amanda
2 x 10/10 for August
Just keep breathing Amanda. You WILL change. See yourself already there. Keep pulsing.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just did my 1st hour of 10/10 yesterday and the stomach exercises are sooooo hard! I couldn't get past 25 reps because my neck was straining at the front and I couldn't seem to round my shoulders much. I was doing this laying on my exercise mat. I tried the stomach exercises later laying on my bed ( it's a coconut fibre mattress and very firm ) and it seems much easier to round. Hmm....any tips why this happens?

I had a bad neck sprain about 6 weeks ago and I've been waking up daily with a mild ache and tension on my upper back. I did Callanetics yesterday evening and this morning, I woke up just fine, the tension on my back almost imperceptible. One hour and already it's helped my back...unbelievable!

That gives me a lot of motivation to continue. I don't have a hard set goal for this month, but I plan to start with 2x/week and see how it goes.
to the thread marlenalet. There's no easy way to say it - those abdominal exercises will never get easy to do. You will quickly become stronger and your endurance will improve to the point where you actually find them meditative, but there's always a way to make them even more challenging and you will find yourself trying some just for fun. Remember it's about control, not strain and the movements are gentle. As you grow stronger you will be able to roll up higher. You will get the benefits of these movements regardless of how high you can roll up. Relax your neck, let your shoulder blades relax down, find your best position where you can work with control and take a break when you start to strain. Everyone has their own pace. I do all of my abs in blocks of 25, allowing me to work relaxed and effortless all the way through. It takes longer but I get great results and I'm always working at my optimal level. You'll find your own rhythm.

Happy pulsing
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,061
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynanc View Post
Go August! I didn't join the July thread but I started Callanetics up again last month and did 6 sessions...not full hours because boy did it kick my butt and I had to rest alot!

Goal for this month is 10 full hours!
crazynanc. We can identify with you on that. It usually takes me 2 hours to get through my sessions. I take frequent breaks to keep working at my best but I get through all of 10/10 with some of Evo and Super added in. I'm partially retired so I have so much more free time now that it feels indulgent to be able to devote all this time to Callanetics. So take all the breaks you need. Callanetics isn't about speed. It's about gentle, controlled pulsing. Enjoy.

Happy pulsing.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #30
odo
Senior LCF Member
 
odo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumbria, England,UK
Posts: 153
Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Another session this morning .
I am going to do 5 days/5 sessions and then a rest day.
I will struggle with the rest day as I have got into the habit of getting up in the morning and doing exercise before anyone else gets up.

Amanda
3 x 10/10 callenetics
10.3miles walk for August (goal 90miles)
odo is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.