Old 08-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #181
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Just had 3 days rest Ready to start next run of sessions

Session done this morning with some advanced added in. OMG I did the standing behind and hips exercise for the first time - it was like starting all over again (hanging onto the counter top for dear life and only doing 1/2 the count !). Plus the three days off allowed tension between my shoulder blades to form which took a bit to ease off.

I am seeing results, as long as I don't look at the belly! I know the hips and then the belly are the last to give in. I am thankful I did measurements as they are showing the difference even though the scales don't. It helps with the motivation to keep going. (no real difference at day 5 but differences at hour 10). Scales say no weight lose but measurements at 10 hours shows thinning !! LOL . I can definitely see the changes and not just thinking it is in my mind, the changes are too much to just image now

Amanda
13 x 10/10

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
7th hour of 10/10 completed.

Susan, since this is getting pretty addictive, I think I am going to go for 3 - 4x/week, if time allows. I did not get what you meant by Callanetics being meditative, but the more I do it, I begin to realize that it is indeed meditation in motion.

I tried to slow down the pulsing on the stomach exercises and ouch, it felt like the 1st hour all over again. I'm pretty lean on the top half and I'm starting to see the shadow of a 4-pack and obliques on my abs.....but the thing is, the muscles don't look evenly developed. Err....I wonder if this is a temporary thing or am I exercising one side harder than the other? If yes, how do I correct it?

This is really weird, but I have not lost any inches in measurements so far, yet I know I am looking leaner already because I can see the thigh gap where there wasn't any. The math doesn't add up.
Marlenelet, I'm not a big fan of measuring since it can be imprecise and ultimately confusing. I prefer to measure progress by the way my clothes fit. I personally don't measure again until I've completed another 20-30 sessions from the last checkpoint. The muscle development balance is mysterious - I'm seeing the same mystery in my neck and can't think of any possible explanation so I'm pressing on and anticipating that sooner or later it will balance itself out because that's what Callanetics does. . My guess is that you are doing everything right and the best approach is to refuse to worry about it.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
Just had 3 days rest Ready to start next run of sessions

Session done this morning with some advanced added in. OMG I did the standing behind and hips exercise for the first time - it was like starting all over again (hanging onto the counter top for dear life and only doing 1/2 the count !). Plus the three days off allowed tension between my shoulder blades to form which took a bit to ease off.

I am seeing results, as long as I don't look at the belly! I know the hips and then the belly are the last to give in. I am thankful I did measurements as they are showing the difference even though the scales don't. It helps with the motivation to keep going. (no real difference at day 5 but differences at hour 10). Scales say no weight lose but measurements at 10 hours shows thinning !! LOL . I can definitely see the changes and not just thinking it is in my mind, the changes are too much to just image now

Amanda
13 x 10/10
Great work Amanda. My schedule is every other day with an extra day off between Monday and Thursday, which is always the hardest time to get through. You will be more excited after you slip past your 30th session and begin to see results after every session. Any day now people will begin asking you what you are doing to lose weight. Good times.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Marlenelet, I'm not a big fan of measuring since it can be imprecise and ultimately confusing. I prefer to measure progress by the way my clothes fit. I personally don't measure again until I've completed another 20-30 sessions from the last checkpoint. The muscle development balance is mysterious - I'm seeing the same mystery in my neck and can't think of any possible explanation so I'm pressing on and anticipating that sooner or later it will balance itself out because that's what Callanetics does. . My guess is that you are doing everything right and the best approach is to refuse to worry about it.
I get what you mean, but I guess a lot of beginners are all too eager and impatient to get results, and in that, we end up stressing ourselves when the scales or measurements don't drop. So, I'm going to heed the advice and stop measuring until I hit the 20th hour. I'm seeing a thigh gap where there wasn't any to start with, so I'll take that as a good sign of progress.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Well I did an hour of 10/10 yesterday and an hour of evolution this morning so I'm up to 16.5 hours for August and 40.5 hours in total.

I have to say I wish I was able to see a physical difference but I am SO bloated/swollen that I look worse (as in bigger, weigh more and flabbier) than when I started. No one is asking me if I'm losing weight! I just keep telling myself that any day now we are going to resolve this swelling issue, it's all going to fall off and I'm going to look fabulous (well comparatively anyway!) underneath!

I do however, on the less bloated hours, usually first thing in the morning, have holes in my buttocks where the fat has gone, my forearms are very different with my wrist bones visible and brachioradiarlis and that group of extensor muscles are both easily seen without any touch or manipulation. The Callanetics has also somehow helped to greatly reduce the swelling in my neck and face which look almost normal.

I'm scheduled for a super tomorrow but I think I'm going to put it off till Friday and do another 10/10 as I've got the in-laws coming, two doctors/hospital appointments and two couriers due.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kb910
Stats: current 166 Goal 120
WOE: Keto Zero Carb/ AdvoCare
Start Date: 11/2012
Just finished #11 of 10/10. I do see results, I cant imagine how many results are being covered up by my fat. Going to drop the kid off t school andhead to the gym for some me workout time! Taking a spark with me to replenish my vitamins as I workout.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2AandE
Stats: 237/177/140
WOE: Low Carb-due to PCOS
Start Date: May 25, 2013
My 10/10 dvd just arrived! Now I get to figure this all out.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2AandE View Post
My 10/10 dvd just arrived! Now I get to figure this all out.
Have fun Jennifer. Prepare to be addicted.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: niseylee
Stats: 188/188/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 28,2013
Hello all, just another lurker. 2 hours down. Let's see what I can do by the end of the month
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

8th hour of 10/10 done.

I have a question on pelvic rotation. I notice that when I rotate to the front, I tend to raise myself higher. I can't tell from the video if they are doing it this way. Are we supposed to keep the rotation on the same plane? I find it very difficult to rotate on the same plane, so what I'm probably doing is 3-inches raised when I go to the sides and back, but maybe 5-inches raised when I rotate to the front. That said, my legs are like jello by the time I do the thigh stretch!

I still don't know if I'm doing all the exercises correctly, but I'm happy to report that my behind is starting to take on a smaller, rounded look; I'm developing a thigh gap and the cellulites on the back of my thighs are significantly reduced! I've recently started chewing my food more thoroughly and also supplementing with Betaine HCl, and I think these have both helped with reducing the bloating.

Still a long way to go to look good in jeans....but I have faith Callanetics is the way to go!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday I got in a 30 min aerobic/weight training workout done after dropping off my daughter after doing my callan. Today I finished #12 of 10/10, going to do the same thing as yesterday with the gym. Between that and the keto diet and eating for only 8 hrs a day, if I dont lose weight in the next month, I am giving up!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
8th hour of 10/10 done.

I have a question on pelvic rotation. I notice that when I rotate to the front, I tend to raise myself higher. I can't tell from the video if they are doing it this way. Are we supposed to keep the rotation on the same plane? I find it very difficult to rotate on the same plane, so what I'm probably doing is 3-inches raised when I go to the sides and back, but maybe 5-inches raised when I rotate to the front. That said, my legs are like jello by the time I do the thigh stretch!

I still don't know if I'm doing all the exercises correctly, but I'm happy to report that my behind is starting to take on a smaller, rounded look; I'm developing a thigh gap and the cellulites on the back of my thighs are significantly reduced! I've recently started chewing my food more thoroughly and also supplementing with Betaine HCl, and I think these have both helped with reducing the bloating.

Still a long way to go to look good in jeans....but I have faith Callanetics is the way to go!
Marlenelet, when I do rotations there has always been a tendency to raise up some in the front. My object is to keep my upper body as tall and relaxed as possible, keeping the action confined to the lower part of my body. As your muscles grow stronger you will be able to control the raise more, but for now relax and go with it. At some point you will be strong enough to try them in figure eights! Remember, Callanetics is about relaxed and effortless control, not strain or frustration. Do what's comfortable and expect that to change as you evolve your form. If you're seeing the results you are doing something right, and your results sound right on track. Good work. I also have my old jeans waiting in the closet for my body to fit them again.

kb910, I feel your frustration. The challenges you fight have less to do with your fitness program and more to do with your metabolism. From what you have shared this has been an ongoing concern and will resolve itself in it's own time. Try not to punish yourself by denying your body the restorative benefits of Callanetics, which go far beyond weight control. The strength and flexibility you are gaining will serve you so well as you go forward in life. We will be here to help you through the difficult passages, but stay with us. The tendency of the human body is to heal and in all my years I have never come across a program that does more to heal body and soul as Callanetics. There IS an answer out there. Have faith that your medical team will help you find it. We just want to help you grow stronger as you search.

niseylee, ! It's always nice when a lurker jumps into the pool. Ask anything. Someone here can usually answer it. Enjoy the journey.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

I didn't have time for super today, but I have done a 10/10 so I'm up to 17.5 hours for August and 41.5 hours in total. I'm planning to do super tomorrow.

My lower abdominals are responding so well to the evolution and pulling in of my pelvic floor during 10/10 that I actually feel like I'm wearing a muscular girdle!

kb910 - I totally feel your pain! It doesn't matter what I try and do I can not shift weight, I have in fact, on a calorie controlled and low carb diet managed to put 4lb on! I'm hoping it's just water but still I know how you feel. I'm pushing on and through and occasionally I have a day where I get so fed up I blow the diet a little but I think we all need the occasional treat day. Stick with it! I find a treat (hot stone massage or facial for me) and a proper relax stops me talking myself out of my diet and keeps me going.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday session in the books. Today I felt a noticeable difference in curling up for the abdominals. I let the abs do all the work and came up so sweetly and smoothly without strain that I had to smile. . For the one leg up ones I suddenly felt compelled to do them as Evolution, leg up, other leg extended, arms to the outside of the raised leg (that's a tricky trunk rotation to do that!) and head turned to the alternate side. What focus it requires, but I could feel my muscles in my back and abs singing with joy! I may stay with that adaptation.

It really is amazing how much better I can feel the muscle actions with each additional session. As you progress past the sheer struggle of getting the movements controlled and being able to relax as you work you can better focus on the action you are working for. I thought of this during the Waist Stretch in the warm-ups as I stretched up through the spine and relaxed over to the right, picturing my intercostal muscles contracting to compress the ribs on the right and stretching to fan open the ribs on the left side while keeping my feet equally balanced on the floor and my neck relaxed at all times. This is one of my favorite movements, made more intense with better visualization.

As much as I love the stretches I still groan when beginning the first one and it always takes me four times longer to get relaxed far enough into the stretch to my satisfaction then it takes to do the 50 count once I'm there. I don't pulse anymore while stretching but I do relax again every 5 counts to reach just a teeny bit further. Bliss!

My husband watches me do those rotations and scoops and gets more and more intimidated. He still hasn't started Callanetics. Coward!

Marlenelet, straight from the book. Pelvic rotations:
" Sit back on your heels. Stretch your arms over your head. Lift your head and torso high, stretching upward so that you feel you are 2 inches taller than you really are. Feel your abdomen stretch. To protect your knees, kneel on a pillow or cushion that is large enough to pad both feet and knees.

Raise your body 3 inches off your heels. Stretch straight up. Then take your hip to the right as far as you can, while maintaining your stretched position. Your arms and head should be held high.

Continue to slowly move your pelvis to the front in a circular motion. Pretend you are stirring a pot of soup with your pelvis. Your body will be further off your heels than when you started with your pelvis tipped up to the front.

Still stretching your body upward, move your pelvis to the left side as far as possible. Keep your knees together and hips even. Now, take your behind to the back, your buttocks over your heels, to complete the circle. Complete 5 circles to the right and reverse. (You can also do 10 figure 8 rotations.) This loosens your pelvic girdle and stretches your thighs. " - Callan

I personally prefer the figure 8 rotations. Wicked!

Zula your body is responding so well that you're going to have an amazing look in no time. It's only been 41 hours and look at how your body feels already. Good work girl.

Time for lunch. I was remembering that just last year lunch was a Swiss cheese sandwich with mustard and fruit. Today it's most often Greek yogurt, half a banana and a graham cracker. Always improving. Happy pulsing all.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Ok, so this morning I am not going to be working out. Apparently I have done a lot and my whole body is sore. On the bright side I have now started losing a little weight, so apparently what I am doing is working, although very difficult.

Here is my regimen:
eat only 8 hrs a day, fast 16
Drink at least 2 liters of water
eat ketogenic diet (absolutely no carbs)
Breakfast at 7am ( 4 slices of bacon, 1 egg, 1 apple with my carbease (carb neutralizer)
Callanetics and Gym totally 1.5 hrs a day

Although today I am taking a break I will be restarting tomorrow. Not sure I can avoid doing callanetics tonight though

Thank you to everyones support, my body hasnt wanted to drop the extra weight since I was a child. To the point that my obgyn after my second child told me that to get rid of my extra tummy skin I would have to have a tummy tuck and no amount of weight loss would fix it.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Well done Susan on your Thursday session. I admire you so much for going three 2 hour sessions a week. It takes me 1.75-2 hours to do super and I really need the right frame of mind to maintain the relaxation and control for that long. Once, occasionally twice a week is all I can manage!

That said Super done this morning! Gets me to 19 hours for August (only 3.5 hours to goal!) and 43 hours in total.

My waist *looks* smaller from the front, I have more definition and more 'hour glass' shape coming back however I measured this morning when I wasn't too bloated and all my other measurements are same as 20 hours but my waist has increased from 26.5 to 27.5. I must be deeper from front to back because my waist truly looks like is coming back. Could this be things moving around?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #197
odo
Senior LCF Member

Finally got another session in today. After having 3 days off, I found it sooooo hard to get going again!!

My original target for August was 10 x 10/10 but I have exceeded that, so I will try the new target of 20 x 10/10 (with the additional advanced moves already added) by the end of August.

I am sure my body is not expelling any fat. It is just moving it around!! I have bumps where there weren't any before. It will soon get tired of moving it around and expel it soon I am sure. (the fat is loose and jiggly which I read is a good sign as it is the solid fat breaking down and getting ready to go ).

Everyone on here is going brilliant. Keep up the good work!!

Amanda
14 x 10/10
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Well, I finally found time to do my introduction session of my 10/10. I could not do most of it. It is deceptively hard. I also have a hard time doing any stomach stuff, kinda made me feel sick. Next time I will do it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I am also feeling really stiff and my back hurts now. I sure hope it improves with use. Still waiting for the 10/10 book so I can see more alternative moves for beginners.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Reading the posts today warmed my heart with the reality that you have all become blissfully addicted to Callanetics. You will appreciate the beauty of this moment later in your lives when others around you succumb to the creaks and groans of growing old while you continue to move with youthful grace.

kb910, for most of us weight loss is a simple formula of controlling calories and increasing movement. I admire your positive attitude confronted with another reality. I'm glad you are shedding some of that weight. Rest assured that as long as you continue to practice Callanetics at least twice a week your body will continue to reshape slowly but surely. Let's see if we can prove your obgyn wrong. It will probably take a ridiculous amount of time by our standards but you never know.

Zula , I am in awe that as a busy working mother you find the time you do for Callanetics. When my children were young and we had our own business I was hard-pressed to find time for two sessions a week. Kudos.
I would consider the measurements are reflective of fluid retention. The increase in the waist is likely movement that is about to burn off with your busy lifestyle. You aren't imagining that lovely shape your waist is developing. It's the magic of Callanetics in action.

Amanda, splendid work. No wonder things are migrating. Now prepare to watch it melt away session by session. I swear, every time I look in the mirror I look younger. It gets to be more fun the longer you do them.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, I finally found time to do my introduction session of my 10/10. I could not do most of it. It is deceptively hard. I also have a hard time doing any stomach stuff, kinda made me feel sick. Next time I will do it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I am also feeling really stiff and my back hurts now. I sure hope it improves with use. Still waiting for the 10/10 book so I can see more alternative moves for beginners.
Mom2AandE, you are having a typical reaction to your first attempt at Callanetics. My daughter and I laughingly call them the hardest easy exercises we have ever done. Remember to be gentle with yourself and don't force your body to do anything it is not prepared to do. That may mean just getting into position and holding it while you imagine the movement. It may mean you can only do a few pulses of the movement before taking a break. Eventually, sooner than you expect, you will develop the strength and endurance to get through them. The difference between what you will be able to do 10 sessions in compared to today is immense. Be cautious about trying too hard. Most of us started out forgetting how tiny 1/4" - 1/2" really is. It's about control, not strain. Hang in there. It will get better.

Last edited by susanw53; 08-23-2013 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Adding word
Old 08-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Mom2AandE, you are having a typical reaction to your first attempt at Callanetics. My daughter and I laughingly call them the hardest easy exercises we have ever done. Remember to be gentle with yourself and don't force your body to do anything it is not prepared to do. That may mean just getting into position and holding it while you imagine the movement. It may mean you can only do a few pulses of the movement before taking a break. Eventually, sooner than you expect, you will develop the strength and endurance to get through them. The difference between what you will be able to do 10 sessions in compared to today is immense. Be cautious about trying too hard. Most of us started out forgetting how tiny 1/4" - 1/2" really is. It's about control, not strain. Hang in there. It will get better.
Thanks for the support. I was very gentle and know my limits. I just watched the last few stretches to get an idea of how they are done. I am not even counting this as a session since I really just wanted to watch, try and watch some more to get familiar with the program.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

I hope your right Susan and that it is just moving around ready to burn off!

I did an hour of pilates this morning. I fancied a change and the DVD I did required much more movement so therefore has more of a cardio impact that Callanetics does. My lunges were better than they have ever been! I wasn't even trying and the limiting factor was that the knee of my back leg was hitting the floor I was getting so deep, and without feeling anything! I was also able to spend long lengths of time in 'chair' without feeling my seat.

It has really highlighted for me just how much strength Callanetics has given me. It has also highlighted that I'm not, currently at least, getting enough upper body as in the plank, press up, reverse press up and side plank positions whilst my tummy muscles were coping wonderfully my arms and shoulders were screaming! I'm also not doing enough CV work as I had to stop 4 times throughout the hour to drink a bottle of water a time, wipe the sweat from my beetroot coloured brow and get my breath back before continuing. Cardio is my downfall as I loath it, but I need to work out how I can increase it in an acceptable way.

Arm work is easy to add in as I'm someone who thoroughly enjoys strength work in the form of Callanetics and pilates, it's the cardio I need to work out :S
Old 08-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #203
odo
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the support. I was very gentle and know my limits. I just watched the last few stretches to get an idea of how they are done. I am not even counting this as a session since I really just wanted to watch, try and watch some more to get familiar with the program.
Hi Jennifer,

I spent 2 - 3 weeks just learning the exercises in July before I did my first full session at the start of this month.
I put no real pressure on myself for learning it, my first goal was to learn the warm up section, then once mastered, I moved onto the stomach (I knew this was a harder section) so left the nice stretch session for after I had learned the stomach. I found that by doing the warm up, then the stomach and keep adding, the first sections got easier whilst I was learning the other sections. This method worked for me this time round.
Last time (10years ago) I did the whole session but only 1/4 of the exercises and then built up the number but I found that this took me ages as I was still learning each and every position at the same time.

Just listen to your body and figure out a way that works for you. You will soon be addicted like us

Amanda
Old 08-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #204
odo
Senior LCF Member

Another session in the bag this morning .

This time, instead of doing them in my pj's which happily hides the lumps and bumps, I did them in shorts and bra top.
Well, at first OMG my front thigh muscle... wow it really pops out when I ask it to work and looks brilliant!!! Then I glanced down at my inner thigh and see the jiggly stuff then I look back at my front thigh .... and kept doing this through most of the exercises with different parts of my body Good part, bad part, good part, bad part...jiggle bit you will soon be gone, oooo nice muscle, bye bye jiggly bit, wow I didn't know I had a muscle there.... Basically an interesting morning of discovery And even under the jiggle bits, I can feel and sometimes see muscle lurking!

I am constantly telling myself at the moment that I am only into week 3 of this exercise routine and it takes at least 4-6 weeks for any training programme to really work. I finally realised this this morning whilst doing the inner thigh stretch ( a epiphany moment ), that if you were to follow Callan's instructions for the number of times to do the 10/10 per week, it would probably take the 4-6 weeks. So, doing 15 sessions in 3 weeks doesn't necessary mean that I will see the same results as the pictures in the book because I haven't allowed the extra time for my muscles to readjust, repair, rebuild (does that make sense?). But I am hoping that in September, when the results are due, they will be brilliant because of the extra sessions I have put in this month So I am now looking forward to the middle/end of September LOL!!

Sorry for the waffle

Amanda
15 x 10/10
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
Hi Jennifer,

I spent 2 - 3 weeks just learning the exercises in July before I did my first full session at the start of this month.
I put no real pressure on myself for learning it, my first goal was to learn the warm up section, then once mastered, I moved onto the stomach (I knew this was a harder section) so left the nice stretch session for after I had learned the stomach. I found that by doing the warm up, then the stomach and keep adding, the first sections got easier whilst I was learning the other sections. This method worked for me this time round.
Last time (10years ago) I did the whole session but only 1/4 of the exercises and then built up the number but I found that this took me ages as I was still learning each and every position at the same time.

Just listen to your body and figure out a way that works for you. You will soon be addicted like us

Amanda
Amanda, that is a great approach. I will do that too. It is kinda what I was doing yesterday since I completely skipped the last exercises.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #206
odo
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Amanda, that is a great approach. I will do that too. It is kinda what I was doing yesterday since I completely skipped the last exercises.
Glad I could help. Any advice needed or encouragement and the people on here are absolutely brilliant.

Amanda
15 x 10/10
Old 08-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Another Saturday session done. I started smiling when I got up this morning because I know my muscles are going to get a thorough work out. I got some amazing extension in my spine today after watching a series of videos on YouTube about Feldenkraise movements showing the relationship between arm rotation and spine extension. Slowly but surely the tension in my back is releasing.

I almost talked myself out of this session and then when I started I kept having to talk myself into doing every single pulse and not cut corners. You know that little voice, the one trying to convince yourself that you've worked hard and can afford to take a walk through "just this once". My promise to myself this time was to ignore that voice until I'm at goal weight. So far I've succeeded in laughing it away. Being accountable here is a great motivator.

Excellent change going on here. Keep it up. Happy pulsing.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

9th hour of 10/10 done.

Susan, thank you for the book excerpt. I think I'm probably doing it right, but control of speed is what I lack....someday I hope I can do the figure 8 challenge. There are 2 exercises in the 10/10 which I still can't execute that well. Pelvic rotation is one of it. The Pelvic Tilt ( 2nd exercise in the 10/10 ) is the other one which I have not yet learned to execute gracefully. I did my 9th hour at the gym yesterday and the guy at the next machine was giving me funny looks when I did the pelvic tilt. I've never liked working out at the gym but the good thing about yesterday was there were a lot of mirrors and I was able to check my form.

Couldn't resist a weigh-in, but I've gained 1lb in 2 weeks' time, which is significant gain for me since I'm very small framed ( 5'2" ). My pants are looser so I guess that must be some loss/shifting of fat around and some gain in muscles.

Amanda, I did my 8th hour on Wed, then stopped for 4 days before continuing the 9th hour on Sunday. I was improving in strength from session to session but my legs really felt the ouch! yesterday....I wouldn't dare skip that many days in the future.

Last edited by marlenelet; 08-25-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

I've come across counterpulls in the challenge threads. Can anyone help to explain the concept?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Got in another session this morning. I won't be able to reach my goal. For the past two weeks I have been working 12 hour shifts and I am exhausted. Although I noticed I am more tired without dong callanetics. So I am a week away from the mini goal that I set for myself and I realized this morning I won't reach that goal either. But at least I can say that I gave it my best shot and set a new goal. Have a good one everyone.
Closed Thread