Amanda
7x 10/10

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Liberty'93
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Liberty'93. Good to have you on the thread. We look forward to your input and insights as you work towards certification. I've been doing Callanetics on and off since July of '88 (unfortunately for my body more often off than on) and have determined to make it a lifelong commitment from this point on. I've been a passionate advocate for these gentle pulses the entire time. Yes they do work. That's a great career choice you've made.
Thank you Susan....I will keep you posted on my journey through the training. Yes, Callanetics may have been around a while, but boy does it work! I'm so looking forward to promoting 'my' classes to all the 'younger' generation out there (pre 80's) babies...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Liberty'93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrace View Post
I'm still a newby here at LC friends and would like to do the Callanetics challenge with y'all. I'm currently using snippets of youtube videos to get started. Could someone please let me know what 10/10 is?
Welcome hgraceyou about to embark on a wonderful journey!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pease Pudding
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sept 2009
Had to change my schedule over the last couple of days but managed to do a whole hour today, all in one go That's 2 under my belt! Still not up to 100 pulses but maybe by next week....

It will be great once my body remembers the stances and moves without me instructing it, though I guess that will take a month or six . (I have found a trainer locally and am considering attending a session or two just to make sure I am getting everything in the right position.)

I continue to notice a new subtle toning and firming, on my legs particularly, which I am sure is due to Callanetics and not my aerobics classes, which I have been doing for many months. Time will tell but I am very pleased so far .

Pease
Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pease Pudding View Post
Had to change my schedule over the last couple of days but managed to do a whole hour today, all in one go That's 2 under my belt! Still not up to 100 pulses but maybe by next week....

It will be great once my body remembers the stances and moves without me instructing it, though I guess that will take a month or six . (I have found a trainer locally and am considering attending a session or two just to make sure I am getting everything in the right position.)

I continue to notice a new subtle toning and firming, on my legs particularly, which I am sure is due to Callanetics and not my aerobics classes, which I have been doing for many months. Time will tell but I am very pleased so far .

Pease
How lucky you are to have a local instructor. I would definitely take at least one lesson if you can afford it. You will likely be surprised at how spot on you are. And those toned legs? Yeah,that's Callanetics for sure.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Oooo! Very jealous Pease! I'd love to find a local instructor to check my form out, but sadly Callanetics instructors are few and far between in the UK

Another 10/10 bites the dust. 7.5 hours for August 6 out of my 15 10/10 target completed and 31.5 hours in total. This week is going to be tough as I've got Super lined up for Monday and Friday and 10/10 for Tues, Weds and Thurs.

Can someone tell me about Evolution? Is it the same exercises with a new spin? Or are there any different ones?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #97
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
to all the new people joining this wonderful journey and brilliant group of caring people.

8th hour of 10/10 done this morning . I have promised myself a small tub of luxury ice cream when I complete 10 x 10/10 - naughty I know!!!

Amanda
8 x 10/10
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
to all the new people joining this wonderful journey and brilliant group of caring people.

8th hour of 10/10 done this morning . I have promised myself a small tub of luxury ice cream when I complete 10 x 10/10 - naughty I know!!!

Amanda
8 x 10/10
The key is that it's a small tub and it's premium. I always say, if you're going to splurge on a normally restricted food make it the best quality you can find. You're doing a fabulous job Amanda. You deserve a little treat.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pease Pudding
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sept 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Oooo! Very jealous Pease! I'd love to find a local instructor to check my form out, but sadly Callanetics instructors are few and far between in the UK
I agree there aren't many instructors to be found out there at present. The class I'm considering is in the West End - day membership/drop in - don't know if it would be feasible for a day trip for you - though it sounds like you probably don't need much basic instruction now as you are more advanced

Pease
Old 08-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Zula, I know what you mean about the monotony of counting. That's why years ago I started chanting one word affirmations instead of numbers. My personal ones are love, faith, hope, peace, joy, vision, direction, control, success, wealth. Ten work well since the movements allow you to chant one from 5-10 times before you move on to the next affirmation. Now my sessions are as much food for my soul as physical challenge as these aspects bind themselves deeper and deeper in my psyche. Working like this makes it easier to focus on the movements and my body.

Another Saturday session in the bag. I've started doing the first two Behind and Hips on my mat without any support. Wow! What a challenge! It takes incredible strength to hold the proper positioning and keep the torso erect while staying calm. Another couple of sessions and it will be much easier.

I'm finally up to 50 Open and Close, done in 5 blocks of 10 pulses each. Today I can feel it in my groin and I'm frustrated by it. I just need to stick with it because I really missed doing them. I have to believe it will improve. This is the hardest movement in 10/10 for me. Having all this belly fat in the way doesn't help, but I'm determined to stick to my diet geared to a steady 1-2 pound a week loss. My body will have to adapt.

I've also replaced the underarm Tightener from 10/10 with the one from Evolution. Bending at the hips and knees makes the muscular action so superior to 10/10 that I could no longer justify staying with the original form.

I had planned on cutting back to two sessions a week this month but that is so not going to happen. You all understand the passion these movements create.

Ah, how I love these movements. Happy pulsing all.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly weigh in shows me down 3.3 lbs this week!
The significance is that my caloric restriction is set for a steady loss of 1-2 lbs a week and this week I exceeded that limit at least twice and yet still lost excess pounds. I chalk it up to the fat-burning effects of consistent and thoughtful Callanetics practice. I could get used to this.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
I forgot to log in my 3rd hour for the month on Friday.
Just got back from swimming. All 4 strokes at 360 feet each. My arms and chest are sore but it is worth it. In my swimming group one of the ladies noticed my arms getting tighter. I told her. Had a gain which is muscle tone as they don't "jiggle when I wave".

I have been doing well on keeping positive and being less negative about myself. The big thing is not comparing myself to others and how they are succeeding. I am still aiming to reach my goal of size 12 for September. It is Rosh Hashanah and I want to be healthier this year and continue on with my success.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Susan ~Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work
Old 08-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #104
odo
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Weekly weigh in shows me down 3.3 lbs this week!
The significance is that my caloric restriction is set for a steady loss of 1-2 lbs a week and this week I exceeded that limit at least twice and yet still lost excess pounds. I chalk it up to the fat-burning effects of consistent and thoughtful Callanetics practice. I could get used to this.
Well done Susan !!!

Amanda
Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahviya View Post
I forgot to log in my 3rd hour for the month on Friday.
Just got back from swimming. All 4 strokes at 360 feet each. My arms and chest are sore but it is worth it. In my swimming group one of the ladies noticed my arms getting tighter. I told her. Had a gain which is muscle tone as they don't "jiggle when I wave".

I have been doing well on keeping positive and being less negative about myself. The big thing is not comparing myself to others and how they are succeeding. I am still aiming to reach my goal of size 12 for September. It is Rosh Hashanah and I want to be healthier this year and continue on with my success.

Have a great day everyone.
Good workAhviya. You are already healthier than you were last year. This is only a beginning.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kb910
Stats: current 166 Goal 120
WOE: Keto Zero Carb/ AdvoCare
Start Date: 11/2012
Its been about a week since my last update. Last Wednesday was hour 8, then I went to Dallas for 3 days and wasnt able to do anything! So this week I am going to buckle down and get my Y workouts in as well as my callanetics. Back on schedule!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Completed my 3rd hour last week before going on vacation. I've been a good girl and ate normal portions.

I'm petite, 5'2'' and weigh 112 lbs. People tell me that I am slim enough but I've got a lot of jiggly parts to lose. Going to try for the 4th hour tonight.

Ermm...dumb question, but how do you ladies stay motivated? I visit my favorite online boutiques over and over again, and I keep telling myself that one day, I'm going to look reaaaaal good wearing these clothes. And of course, the support of this forum helps a lot.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Finished my 4th hour today. I feel healthier and more confident about myself.

Thank you Susan for reminding of this. Have a wonderful day everyone. Be gentle to your body and kind to yourself.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and cheer for you!

I'm slowly catching up on my sleep and will soon be able to do Callanetics again, I'm sure.

Susan, good to hear you're seeing the teardrop move. It's always interesting to watch one little spot change, then to open your eyes and realise your entire body was too.

Anyway, I'll get back. I have the desire, just not access to a body that works just yet.

Happy pulsing all!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Susan! 3.3 lb is a huge achievement in just a week!

Ahviya - no jiggly bits on your arms sounds fab! It's all the small things that we and out immediate family don't notice so much as we see ourselves (or get seen) every single day. The changes are so subtle that you need to bump into someone you've not seen for a few weeks for them to notice! But they are happening and each step forward is a step nearer your destination.

Sometimes we don't like the journey to health/weight loss/strength, but it's often like our souls need the journey to be able to understand, process and find things out about ourselves. I keep telling myself this at the moment as I've been seriously unwell again today (only just stopped throwing up) and I'm so horrifically swollen I can barely move. All my test results are clear so we are no closer to finding out what on earth is going on. I am having what looks like all the symptoms/presentations of addisons but my blood work is all totally normal!

So my week this week is (hopefully) going to be Tuesday-Saturday rather than Monday-Friday as I am in no fit state to do my Callanetics today
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #111
odo
Senior LCF Member

OMG ZULA.
I really hope they get to the bottom of what is wrong with you asap.
Sending all my best wishes and positive thoughts

Amanda
Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Completed my 3rd hour last week before going on vacation. I've been a good girl and ate normal portions.

I'm petite, 5'2'' and weigh 112 lbs. People tell me that I am slim enough but I've got a lot of jiggly parts to lose. Going to try for the 4th hour tonight.

Ermm...dumb question, but how do you ladies stay motivated? I visit my favorite online boutiques over and over again, and I keep telling myself that one day, I'm going to look reaaaaal good wearing these clothes. And of course, the support of this forum helps a lot.
At 59 going on 60 my main motivation is the desire to become stronger and more flexible every year from now on to avoid becoming 'old' . I am the person responsible for moving all my husband's peritoneal dialysis supplies around, so I need to be strong enough to continue to do that with ease. Those boxes weigh about 25 pounds apiece for the dialyzer alone and we get a delivery of 25-30 boxes delivered every two weeks so you can appreciate the necessity for a strong and healthy musculature. Additionally I decided it might be nice to turn back into the tight little body Dale married 32 years ago this week. Lastly, our daughter lives in the apartment next to ours and she also is passionate about Callanetics so we keep each other motivated. I also dream of being able to shop for clothes in a department that has no large sizes. As you can see I am incredibly motivated. In the end though Callanetics leaves me feeling so wonderfully supple and balanced and calms my soul so beautifully that I refuse to stop again.

I'm so proud of your restraint while on vacation.

Last edited by susanw53; 08-12-2013 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Additional comment
Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kb910
Stats: current 166 Goal 120
WOE: Keto Zero Carb/ AdvoCare
Start Date: 11/2012
Ok, just got done with my 9th hour total and I believe 3rd hour for August. We just got back from Tx so I have a lot of water retention I am trying to get rid of. Tomorrow we will be going to Indiana Beach to have some fun with the kids before school starts. I will get some exercise in then as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #114
odo
Senior LCF Member

Wow Susan, that is so inspiring, thanks
And congrats on the anniversary!!

marlenelet My goal at the moment is getting to 10 x 10/10!!
I want to get fit and strong and I have found that doing callanentics stops my knee pain. Plus I stopped smoking in March this year and have piled on a lot of jigglie fat that has been given it's eviction notice!

Amanda
Old 08-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

susan, you are an inspiration and congrats on your anniversary! I have to admit, I got into Callanetics for vanity reasons but to my surprise, it has helped with my back problem and I did not expect it. I had 2 bad neck sprains recently and have not recovered fully from the 2nd one. I'd wake up every morning with a slight backache and tension in my neck, and my fingers would be numb, sometimes all the way up to my forearms. At one point, I thought I had carpal tunnel syndrome. Glad to say, Callanetics helps and the symptoms are almost gone after I'd started.

odo, I know about those jiggly parts! I had my body fat checked and it was 26%, so I'm a skinny fat person. But that was many months ago before I'd improved my diet, so hopefully things are better now. I'm targeting to reach 10Hrs on the 10/10 as well, so let's keep each other motivated!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Done my 4th hour last night, and I'm surprised at how quickly I'm building strength. For the stomach exercises, I'd been using a nursing pillow for support and I was pleasantly surprised that I did not need the pillow support anymore at the 4th hour. I could actually get to 100 reps for the 1st stomach exercise.....but I'm still bummed by the 2nd stomach exercise even after taking breathers.

My behind and inner thighs already feel firmer......I hope this is not my imagination!

On the behind and hips exercises, I notice that I was pulsing faster than the visual counter. I could finish 100 reps by the time the counter reaches 80. Callan mentioned that the visual counter is for intermediate level, but I'm a beginner. Should I slow down my pulsing? It felt easier to do when I was pulsing faster, and harder to sustain when I was pulsing slower.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Marlenelet I started noticing surprising changes after 2 hours, by 4 my legs felt like they were made from steel! Callanetics really does work fast!

Super completed this morning. It's taken me ages and been interesting. Partly because I'm not on top form after yesterday and partly because someone is teething and kicking up merry hell every 5 minutes! He's currently rolled up in my pilates mat and laughing hysterically with exhaustion.

So I'm up to 9 hours for August (33 in total), with 2 supers and 6 10/10's crossed off.

I have ordered Evolution but it's not even been dispatched yet so I guess it will be next week before I can try that!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #118
odo
Senior LCF Member

Marlenelet - odo, I know about those jiggly parts! I had my body fat checked and it was 26%, so I'm a skinny fat person. But that was many months ago before I'd improved my diet, so hopefully things are better now. I'm targeting to reach 10Hrs on the 10/10 as well, so let's keep each other motivated![/QUOTE]

I am also a 'skinny fat person' LOL!!!!

I have promised myself (and hubby has agreed) that when I hit 10 x 10/10 I can have a small luxury tub of ice cream ... mmmmmmmmmm.
Plus, I think I can see changes around my body but then I think it is my imagination. After completing my 10 x 10/10 (tomorrow ) I am allowing myself to weight and measure myself to see if the changes are true.

I am excited to re-measure but also scared in case there are no changes
I will re-measure Thursday morning in theory, so I will either be over the moon or will need a confidence boost

Amanda
9 x 10/10

Last edited by odo; 08-13-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristal7629
Hi again everyone! I'm not sure how many hours I've done since I don't really track them but i imagine around 20. I do see results but really not super dramatic results like callan promises. If I have to wait months to see results I have no problem continuing but I feel so discouraged since callan says I should see big changes in just a few hours, I own both the 10/10 book and DVD and feel I do all the moves correctly, is it normal not to see dramatic results this early in? Ps my stats are 5"9 120lbs (but skinny fat) for anyone wondering
Old 08-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
susan, you are an inspiration and congrats on your anniversary! I have to admit, I got into Callanetics for vanity reasons but to my surprise, it has helped with my back problem and I did not expect it. I had 2 bad neck sprains recently and have not recovered fully from the 2nd one. I'd wake up every morning with a slight backache and tension in my neck, and my fingers would be numb, sometimes all the way up to my forearms. At one point, I thought I had carpal tunnel syndrome. Glad to say, Callanetics helps and the symptoms are almost gone after I'd started.

odo, I know about those jiggly parts! I had my body fat checked and it was 26%, so I'm a skinny fat person. But that was many months ago before I'd improved my diet, so hopefully things are better now. I'm targeting to reach 10Hrs on the 10/10 as well, so let's keep each other motivated!
Marlenelet, I'm of the opinion that many people mistake tight mid back muscles to be carpal tunnel. Might I suggest a YouTube browse for Feldenkraise method. The small and gentle movements will almost assuredly help you with the tension your back is holding on to. I've been lost there for the past two days playing with little movements here and there. Absolutely amazing. That experience I had last month was my first experience with back pain and I intend that it be my last. Enjoy, and remember to think of it as play.

As for the counter, slow it down. Advanced practitioners work slower, which takes more control. I recently noticed that I don't rush the last 20 or so of each movement, trying to finish faster, but instead begin to do them even slower. In the beginning we all want to just get done so we can rest. Work slower and take breaks if necessary.

Last edited by susanw53; 08-13-2013 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Additional comment
Closed Thread