Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   ~~Just do something challenge Aug ~~ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/809135-just-do-something-challenge-aug.html)

Deb 07-31-2013 06:18 PM

~~Just do something challenge Aug ~~

everyone welcome:)

Deb 07-31-2013 06:21 PM

Absolutely, Deb! How about you? What are your plans for August?

I go back to work on August 19 so I'm evaluating my schedule to make sure I get my movement in when work starts. I leave the house at 6:45 am and return around 4:30 if I don't have any after school meetings. So I guess I need to start getting up at 4:30ish am and walk on my treadmill to get at least 3500 - 4000 steps in before I leave for work.

Im with ya Jazz...........

up at 5 and get-r-done!!!!!!!!!!

Deb 07-31-2013 06:32 PM

July 31st- I got in 2 jump rope workouts today. One was Tabata style for 10 minutes the other was basic jump roping 20 mins worth.

Thanks to Deb who started this thread and for everyone who participated. I do credit this thread for helping me be as active as I was the month of July. There's just something about the 'I have to post and share what i did today' that just makes you want to get up and move!

Deb 07-31-2013 06:33 PM

sorry.........

that last post was from Atkinsfan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eliza_Jazz 07-31-2013 07:11 PM

Deb, thanks for making the August thread. For a new month full of promise! :high5:

iakaren 07-31-2013 09:39 PM

I am here. Hoping Aug ismore active than July.....
mom is doing better. Tile and carpet going in new building tomorrow........desks i needed are there......now I need to excercise more........

Sooz 07-31-2013 10:25 PM

I'm here... what are we doing?? Something??

Deb 08-01-2013 06:46 AM

heading to the y for my 1 hour rx class:)

yes Sooz.........something:high5::D

Sooz 08-01-2013 10:45 AM

What's an rx class Deb?

My refrigerator pooped out on Monday and last night the TV in the family room blew. SHEESH! I will start walking with the grandkids 3 days a week and I really am going to go next week and join a gym. Finding time is my problem!

Everybody doing "something" today?

Deb 08-01-2013 10:46 AM

Group rx is a 1 hour full body toning class

I love it !!!!!

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 11:37 AM

I'm at 4,200 steps right now. Goal -10,000. :)

misty1028 08-01-2013 01:40 PM

Went to the gym this morning did a little extra time because it's raining today so won't be walking with the group.

Eliza wow wtg you rocking it. Do you keep your pedometer on all day. I walk alot and don't even realize it, so getting a new one to keep track. Mine quit.

Sooz I've been walking with a bunch of friends, we do it all summer. You'll have fun with grands. they'll probably have you sprinting.:laugh:

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 03:22 PM

I started strict LC on July 5th, and my walking program on July 8th. Since then, I have lost 12.2 lbs. :) And built muscle. Tasks are so much easier now....from walking to doing housework, to simple movement. I totally ascribe the lbs lost to my walking program, because I have done strict LC with no exercise before, and didn't come nearly as close in the WL department as I have done since exercising.

Deb 08-01-2013 03:53 PM

wow Jazz !!!!

good for you:shake:

Deb 08-01-2013 03:55 PM

tomorrow morning I will walk with my friend in the morning.....

then I am away till Tuesday

:hiya:

Eliza_Jazz 08-01-2013 04:46 PM

Thanks Misty and Deb :) You're very sweet.

Misty, I wear a FitBit, but any pedometer works....I read the research and there were so many positive health changes associated with walking 10,000 steps a day, I decided to stick it out and do it. I used to average 3,800 before. Now I push myself. 10,000 steps for me equal about 4.5 miles (about 2250 steps per mile). Figured that would be a good number of miles to walk daily.

Trust me, it's not easy for a 300ish-lb. woman to walk 4.5 miles, but I've made the decision and, as a matter of fact, it's getting easier every day as my fitness level goes up.

I would encourage you to wear the pedometer and see, counting steps is fun. :)

hgrace 08-02-2013 03:08 AM

Sign me up! I really need to be held accountable for diet/exercise, so today, I'm going to get a pedometer and get busy stepping. I hate to sweat, and it will take a little while for me to enjoy moving again, but I've got to do something to raise my metabolism! Just got back on the LC wagon and am trying to get excited about this! Give me a few days, and I'll be feeling like I'm on top of the world! (I hope!)

Hester

iakaren 08-02-2013 05:01 AM

Yesterday I walked 1/2 mile and ten minutes arm workout(while. In my. Recliner)

I am committing to losing one lb per week...........I am not going anywhere in the weight area.

Eliza_Jazz 08-02-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgrace (Post 16541854)
Sign me up! I really need to be held accountable for diet/exercise, so today, I'm going to get a pedometer and get busy stepping. I hate to sweat, and it will take a little while for me to enjoy moving again, but I've got to do something to raise my metabolism! Just got back on the LC wagon and am trying to get excited about this! Give me a few days, and I'll be feeling like I'm on top of the world! (I hope!)

Hester

:welcome:

Sooz 08-02-2013 01:49 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing something and I NEED to get going but I'm not feeling well today. UGH! I'll check in over the weekend.

Eliza_Jazz 08-02-2013 08:04 PM

Done with the 10,000+ steps for today.

misty1028 08-03-2013 08:33 AM

Made 5 days at the gym, and lake walking. No gym on the weekends, so got my morning walk in and then going again today. If it warms up I'd like to get some swimming in.

Eliza going to get a new pedometer this week. Can't wait to see how much I walk in a day. 10,000 steps sounds like so much:stars: But I know when I walk to the firehouse it's 2 miles from my door. But I don't walk back because it's all uphill and my dog is getting to old to do that anymore.

Hester:welcome:

Sooz yes we just do something, most of use are doing walking.

Karen do you use a pedometer? I bet with all the running around you doing, you's be surprised at how far you really walk.

Eliza_Jazz 08-04-2013 04:28 PM

10,000 steps completed, and since it's only 5:30ish, I'll probably end up with 11K or more today :)

Misty, let us know if you got a new pedometer and how your walking is going.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day :hiya:

iakaren 08-04-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty1028 (Post 16543550)
Made 5 days at the gym, and lake walking. No gym on the weekends, so got my morning walk in and then going again today. If it warms up I'd like to get some swimming in.

Eliza going to get a new pedometer this week. Can't wait to see how much I walk in a day. 10,000 steps sounds like so much:stars: But I know when I walk to the firehouse it's 2 miles from my door. But I don't walk back because it's all uphill and my dog is getting to old to do that anymore.

Hester:welcome:

Sooz yes we just do something, most of use are doing walking.

Karen do you use a pedometer? I bet with all the running around you doing, you's be surprised at how far you really walk.

Glad u r doing well. Gym time is great.
dd hasn't found me a battery for pedometer. But I did find it......

State fair quenn contest starts for dd on Tuesday. Got sister back onplane 5 am today.

Life may return to normal by next year;):laugh: but we rode motorcycle hr today. And one tax return finished.......

iakaren 08-04-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooz (Post 16542773)
Sounds like everyone is doing something and I NEED to get going but I'm not feeling well today. UGH! I'll check in over the weekend.

Hope. You feel better soon.

I had dizzy going on but I think trip to chiropractor may have solved that....

Tough to do much. When you aren't feeling well.

CJMO 08-05-2013 07:47 AM

I'm back!!

I am going to continue with my 10000 steps/ day. I got my 50 mile badge from Fitbit while on vaca. I may try some upper body weights.

I need to catch up on everyone. BBL

Eliza_Jazz 08-05-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJMO (Post 16546046)
I'm back!!

I am going to continue with my 10000 steps/ day. I got my 50 mile badge from Fitbit while on vaca. I may try some upper body weights.

I need to catch up on everyone. BBL

Hi Cheryl! Did you have a nice relaxing vacation? Congratulations on your 50 mile badge! :high5:

You know, I thought they went in 50 mile increments. I was waiting to get a 100 mile badge and when I didn't after I exceeded 100 miles, I was even planning on emailing their customer service. After some research, I found out the next higher badge is for 250 miles :faint: So it will be a while longer before that happens. :hyst:

CJMO 08-05-2013 02:18 PM

Wow that's a long jump and a lot of steps.

I had a busy vaca with a lot of riding in the car and train. But fun and relaxing.

Deb 08-05-2013 05:19 PM

Had a great time away
very relaxing and fun !!

Deb 08-05-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgrace (Post 16541854)
Sign me up! I really need to be held accountable for diet/exercise, so today, I'm going to get a pedometer and get busy stepping. )

Hester

:welcome: Hester