LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Anyone do Rebounding?

Waiting for delivery for my Jumpsport Rebounder and was wondering if anyone else does this type of exercising.

Did my research and it looks like it'll be easy on my joints - especially my hip issue.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coop229
Hi,

I was thinking about a Bellicon, so I hope someone does give an opinion about rebounding.

Coop
Coop229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

I bought the book, "The New Arthritis Cure", by Bruce Fife and he recommended this exercise as the best for joints or for all exercise as far as that goes. However, most 'authorities' end up quoting A. Carter who wrote the book on rebounding. Some of the theories I take with a grain of salt as Carter is the one whose company is Bellicon.

However, Bellicon is top of the line which it should be for the cost. Jumpsport is the next best due to both rebounders use bungee cords rather than noisy springs. Bellicon is larger than Jumpsport, but the cost of the latter is more in the average person's budget.

Hope you've seen some of the Bellicon YouTube videos. I'm definitely going to use their 20 minute workout. They've done a great job with their YouTube videos. In fact, I started doing one of their exercises for the hip joint and it really helped just doing it using the floor.

Good luck and let us know if you get the Bellicon.

Sharon
Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Virago
Stats: 196/168/126
WOE: No diet plan, just eating sensibly
I have a Cellerciser which I . Rebounders make a world of difference to one's joints and it's said they're very effective in moving lymphatic fluids around the body and boosting cellular health. Sounds good to me but anyway, it's a lot of fun!!! I load up my ipod with good dance music and bounce away...

Last edited by Virago; 07-26-2013 at 01:30 PM..
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pease Pudding
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sept 2009
I have had a DP rebounder (with springs), which I bought in the 1980s - I have used it on and off over the years. I always found it extremely effective (plus easy on the joints) when used consistently; occasionally I would jog outside just to gauge how fit I was getting (I am not a fan of regular outside jogging/running) and I always amazed myself at how far I could go before fatigue.

I'm currently not using it as I'm doing enough aerobics at my health club but I would never sell it or throw it out (even though I stub my toe on it a lot if I leave it out on the floor - LOL).

PP
Pease Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I have a Bellicon and I love it!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pease Pudding View Post
I have had a DP rebounder (with springs), which I bought in the 1980s - I have used it on and off over the years. I always found it extremely effective (plus easy on the joints) when used consistently; occasionally I would jog outside just to gauge how fit I was getting (I am not a fan of regular outside jogging/running) and I always amazed myself at how far I could go before fatigue.

I'm currently not using it as I'm doing enough aerobics at my health club but I would never sell it or throw it out (even though I stub my toe on it a lot if I leave it out on the floor - LOL).

PP
I bought a mini-trampoline back in the 90's which was great. Unfortunately, I didn't know then what I know now and only used it for jogging once in awhile. I gave it away when I moved in 2003. Yikes! So now to get a good one cost a pretty penny!

Glad to see that some have rebounders. It's a fun way to exercise and like you said, so easy on the joints.

I haven't been back to LCFs for awhile because I found another Forum that has other Rebounder folks and Challenges <- which I love. Just keeps me on track. Presently I've joined other Challenges on the site, but keep up my rebounding too. I've joined Leslie Sansone's Walk one and also another one that counts any and all exercises with a monthly Goal. That one I can count my rebounding time, walking, and yoga, and any other exercise I choose to do.

I really like my Jumpsport rebounder, but do wish I could have afforded the 300 level one as it has more bounce. Fortunately, when I can, I can order cords that go to the 350 ones and just change the cords.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago View Post
I have a Cellerciser which I . Rebounders make a world of difference to one's joints and it's said they're very effective in moving lymphatic fluids around the body and boosting cellular health. Sounds good to me but anyway, it's a lot of fun!!! I load up my ipod with good dance music and bounce away...
Here's something funny and almost unbelievable. Before my Rebounder was delivered, I bounced on my bed several times a day just for my bod to get used to rebounding. Everything I read said one has to work up the time on it.

Well, I noticed my 14 yr. old cat would get on the bed while I was bouncing and really seemed to like it. Now, she sits there meowing while I'm rebounding so when I'm finished I lay on my back and she jumps up and lays on my tummy while I bounce using my butt. She loves it!

I swear, if my cat is getting some benefits, I know we are too.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Does no one use the Urban Rebounder anymore..... was there a problem with it???
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins (Induction)
Start Date: 1/14/2014 (again)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Does no one use the Urban Rebounder anymore..... was there a problem with it???
I hope not! I just purchased one this morning! LOL
brooke&kaitlynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

I know this is an older thread, but would any of you be interested in a challenge thread here?

I'm happy to set one up for us!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

So I jumped the gun and started a challenge, feel free to join!

Rebounding challenge Autumn/Winter 2013
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/131.2/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat
Start Date: January 15, 2006
Anybody still rebounding? I ordered a Jumpsport 350 and it should be here on Monday. I wanted a Bellicon but the Jumpsport was more in my budget. They had 10% off on their website for Halloween but when I called, they gave me 15% off.

I guess rebounding isn't as popular as it once was but I think it's a great alternative to jogging, especially for a not so young person.
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

I do! Have not updated my challenge thread above your post, but it is recent. Come join us there!

XXX mims