Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 682
Gallery: Domino
Stats: 258/198/140 5'7"
WOE: Low carb my way/Atkins OWL
Start Date: April 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
I tried Evolution last night for the first time. I liked it okay, but prefer 10/10. I felt like I was going to injure my back, so I stopped about 30 minutes in. I liked working my muscles in a different way, though, and there were some things I learned that I will apply to the 10/10 exercises.
I *did* somehow aggravate my back from evolution, and had to see the Chiropractor yesterday. I'm not sure how, but I think there's a couple exercises that they do quite differently that were the cause. I agree that there are a few points in Evo. that were useful, but that's all I'm taking from it. I'll go to super if 10/10 ever gets easy!

As for 10/10: I did hour three this morning... is it too soon to do hour four? It's too soon, right? Right?? I really want to do another hour. THIS IS SO WEIRD that I'm serious. I am really going to wait, but seriously, I cannot wait. I really wanna go again. Like a fun amusement park ride. WEIRD.

Maybe tomorrow.... is that too soon?
Domino is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #182
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England
Posts: 58
Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Hi everyone

6/10 completed today.

Zula - great work - you are looking fab!

Sorry to hear of people's experiences with back issues using Evo. I found it has helped me with my back - weird! We are all different, and if we all try and use different aspects from all the Callanetics series we will have our own tailor-made system that suits us and can be altered as we gain in strength and technique.

Managed 8 pulses today of ab (single leg raise) lower leg out straight - I'll get there slowly but surely
keepfitbrit is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Session #8 for July done. Even with air conditioners going in both ends of our 700 sq. ft. apartment it was a chore with this unbearable heat and humidity. I almost blew it off because we went to do labs this morning and got stuck out in the heat for over an hour when the bus didn't show but after a brief time of relaxation and a visit to the thread I made myself get to it. I love all the preparation; moving the furniture out of the way and setting up the floor pads, changing into exercise clothes and filling the water glass for hydration. It all gets me into a calm frame of mind.

Jigglebuster if you're working without ac I am impressed that you got any movements done. There were times today when my muscles felt like they were going to rebel, but I kept relaxing and going on. When I started with Callanetics in 1988 we didn't have ac and I would finish my summer sessions dripping wet. At 59 I'm not sure I could pull it off like that anymore.

I was thinking through the stretches for you again today. I let gravity take care of letting my body fall towards the floor while I concentrate on l-i-f-t-i-n-g away from the hips and sliding even more out along the counterpulls, particularly through the crown. At this point, even with the ample amount of belly fat I'm still carrying I am about four inches from resting my nose on my leg. It takes me a full 2-3 minutes to get the initial stretch to the center. I keep telling myself someday it will be lots easier. Right now it's a steady focus to try to relax my tight lower back. In your own time you will get there too (but you already knew that )

Zula your picture is wonderful. Wait until you compare it with one from your 40th session. . Now my focus is going to be to convince you to keep Callanetics in your life after you reach your goals so you don't repeat the mistake many of us made in stopping, only to find ourselves having to work that much harder to regain the benefits as we got older and decided that stiffness and dumpiness wasn't what we had planned when we became grandmothers. I agree with Jigglebuster about the camomile tea. It will boost your immune system as well.

kb910, I introduced my daughter to Callanetics when she was 16. Although she stopped them after a couple years and then let her weight rise to 325 lbs, when she turned 31 she began controlling her diet and went back to Callanetics. She was my inspiration to finally return to Callanetics as well. Now 80 lbs less and feeling like she's in her early 20s again she wanted me to ask you to encourage your daughter to make it part of her life. She won't regret it.

Jen, I'm like you with Evo. There's a lot to learn and apply to 10/10 , but I never feel like I'm working as strongly with Evo. My plan is to try to use it a couple times a month at some point because I also like working my muscles differently. Actually, when I do the Hips and Behind on the floor I've been doing half of them from 10/10 and half from Evolution. It's just those two movements but I like the way they complement each other.

Fabulous work everyone. I'm envisioning lots of tighter bodies out there! Happy pulsing
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
I *did* somehow aggravate my back from evolution, and had to see the Chiropractor yesterday. I'm not sure how, but I think there's a couple exercises that they do quite differently that were the cause. I agree that there are a few points in Evo. that were useful, but that's all I'm taking from it. I'll go to super if 10/10 ever gets easy!

As for 10/10: I did hour three this morning... is it too soon to do hour four? It's too soon, right? Right?? I really want to do another hour. THIS IS SO WEIRD that I'm serious. I am really going to wait, but seriously, I cannot wait. I really wanna go again. Like a fun amusement park ride. WEIRD.

Maybe tomorrow.... is that too soon?
Domino you are so cute! Been there and know how you feel. Today is too soon. Tomorrow would be better. Let your muscles recover a bit. You're working more than you think you are. Tomorrow try working even slower. No DVD or distractions. It will work your muscles harder. Keep that exuberant nature.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #185
Junior LCF Member
 
Cartzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Gallery: Cartzy
Hi All! A little late to the July challenge but better to start now than not at all. I used to do Callanetics way back in high school and don't know why I ever gave it up! Being 44 now, lifting heavy weights and running just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I need exercises that are softer on my joints. I started taking (refresher) swimming lessons in June and have 2 more lessons left for this session and will start the advanced session on Sept. 5th. I LOVE swimming! I plan on doing Swimming, Callanetics, Yoga, and walking as my form of exercise.

I'll do my first session tomorrow and my goal will be to get a total of 5 session in before the end of the month.

A little about me, 44, female, married, work full-time, have a 7 year old daughter and 2 pups, Loki and Thor. I hope to get to know all of you!
Cartzy is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 682
Gallery: Domino
Stats: 258/198/140 5'7"
WOE: Low carb my way/Atkins OWL
Start Date: April 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Domino, I think it might have been your eagerness that hurt your back. It's difficult for most people to understand how gentle these movements are supposed to be, or how gentle with ourselves we are supposed to be, so some have started and pushed themselves too far, trying to do more than is necessary, and voila! they hurt their back.

Thanks for the concern, but nope. I am very careful, my muscles are barely sore-- only that I can tell I worked a little. I try to be very aware and I'm really good at recognizing when I'm doing too much too soon. You have to be, when you have back problems like mine. To be fair, I *already* kinda needed to go in to the chiro for maintenance, but something in Evo pushed things over the edge to the point I was barely able to walk. I'd have to look at it again to be sure what it was, but I have a couple ideas.
Domino is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #187
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,811
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
14.5 total hours, and 10.5 for July
wow it was amazing how much I could stretch being as sore as i am! Yay
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartzy View Post
Hi All! A little late to the July challenge but better to start now than not at all. I used to do Callanetics way back in high school and don't know why I ever gave it up! Being 44 now, lifting heavy weights and running just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I need exercises that are softer on my joints. I started taking (refresher) swimming lessons in June and have 2 more lessons left for this session and will start the advanced session on Sept. 5th. I LOVE swimming! I plan on doing Swimming, Callanetics, Yoga, and walking as my form of exercise.

I'll do my first session tomorrow and my goal will be to get a total of 5 session in before the end of the month.

A little about me, 44, female, married, work full-time, have a 7 year old daughter and 2 pups, Loki and Thor. I hope to get to know all of you!
Cartzy! Glad to add you to the challenge and welcome back to the beauty of Callanetics. We look forward to getting to know you better.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member
 
Silverrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 214
Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
Reporting in for another hour! Yay! Another tonight and tomorrow, then a rest day. I am looking to have a fairly active weekend. I hope everyone enjoys theirs as well!! Happy Friday.
Silverrain is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member
 
Ahviya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern, Connecticut
Posts: 58
Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Well finished my 6th hour for the month and a total of 30 hours since May. My body is sore from an hour of swimming last night. I tried the arm raises (the ones where arms are behind the back) last night in the pool. They were very easy to do and I did 100 of them but am paying for it this morning. Have a great day.
Ahviya is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member
 
Silverrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 214
Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
Oh, I just wanted to add that I have completed 51 sessions since I've started with this. I wish it could be more, and that is going to be my focus for the rest of this summer.
Silverrain is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #192
Junior LCF Member
 
kb910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 22
Gallery: kb910
Stats: current 166 Goal 120
WOE: Keto Zero Carb/ AdvoCare
Start Date: 11/2012
Ok, yesterday I didnt workout at the YMCA, just didnt feel like it. So tell me this, I have gained 5lbs in 3 days ! This is the wrong direction. I am on a keto no carb diet, drink plenty of water, take my supps, and workout and there is no way I gained 5lbs of muscle. I shouldnt be retaining water, so what gives??
kb910 is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 477
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb910 View Post
Ok, yesterday I didnt workout at the YMCA, just didnt feel like it. So tell me this, I have gained 5lbs in 3 days ! This is the wrong direction. I am on a keto no carb diet, drink plenty of water, take my supps, and workout and there is no way I gained 5lbs of muscle. I shouldnt be retaining water, so what gives??
Sounds like water to me.
Jigglebuster is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 477
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Thanks for the concern, but nope. I am very careful, my muscles are barely sore-- only that I can tell I worked a little. I try to be very aware and I'm really good at recognizing when I'm doing too much too soon. You have to be, when you have back problems like mine. To be fair, I *already* kinda needed to go in to the chiro for maintenance, but something in Evo pushed things over the edge to the point I was barely able to walk. I'd have to look at it again to be sure what it was, but I have a couple ideas.
Ah, well, at least you have some ideas. Remember, though, Callanetics realigns you too, and your back might not like that at first.
Jigglebuster is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member
 
Cartzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 6
Gallery: Cartzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Cartzy! Glad to add you to the challenge and welcome back to the beauty of Callanetics. We look forward to getting to know you better.
Thanks for the welcome Susan! A bit of a change in plan today, really wanted to swim first so I did that, practiced 20 minutes of laps, freestyle and elementary back stroke. Came home, did some chores and then did some select Callanetics moves. Plan on doing some more throughout the day. Pretty tired from the swimming. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Cartzy is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England
Posts: 58
Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Hi everyone

7/10 finished today. I hope to do another 3 by the end of July but it will be tricky with the children on their 6 week school holidays. I'm not used to exercising in the evening and I don't really want all the noise, interruptions or an audience during the day . I feel frazzled just thinking about the August challenge -any suggestions would be welcome on how mums get round exercising with their DVD in the school hols.

Cartzy.

I can't wait to see your new website Sandra, it sounds great!

Great work everyone!
keepfitbrit is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
Gallery: mandiew
5/8 completed, I am starting to see a slight 6 pack appear which is amazing as my stomach has always been my worst area - even as a size 8 16 year old, I always had a tummy. It's still flabby when I sit down, but when I stand I can feel it all stretching and looking much flatter and smoother.

Loving Callanetics so much, I started Jan 12 and have done it every week since, bar 3 months last year when I fell pregnant and subsequently miscarried, it's a way of life now
mandiew is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Wow! I wonder how many hours we've collectively logged so far this month! Sounds like a lot!

Mandiew, sounds like amazing tummy progress! Tummy is my problem area too and I'm loving the effect Callanetics is having!

I logged hour 11 yesterday and have just competed hour 12 ths morning.

Got a couple of questions though. On the hips/behind section of the 10/10 I am struggling to hold my pelvis tucked, I have to engage my tummy muscles to hold it in the correct position. I'm not sure whether it's my hyper mobility (I've got huge ranges of movement but little-no strength to support it) or whether I'm missing something somewhere? I find tucking pelvis under fine when standing, but that sidelying position hard! Am I doing ths right?
Secondly, in the abdominal section, I find it all but impossible to hold my legs up straight, either singlarly or together, owing to not yet having though quad strength. My quad/s shake then my back starts to take over. My hamstrings are loose and not causing any issues. So I've been doing them with a very slight bend in the knee. Is this okay to do for now?

Last edited by Zula; 07-20-2013 at 02:45 AM..
Zula is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Wow! I wonder how many hours we've collectively logged so far this month! Sounds like a lot!

Mandiew, sounds like amazing tummy progress! Tummy is my problem area too and I'm loving the effect Callanetics is having!

I logged hour 11 yesterday and have just competed hour 12 ths morning.

Got a couple of questions though. On the hips/behind section of the 10/10 I am struggling to hold my pelvis tucked, I have to engage my tummy muscles to hold it in the correct position. I'm not sure whether it's my hyper mobility (I've got huge ranges of movement but little-no strength to support it) or whether I'm missing something somewhere? I find tucking pelvis under fine when standing, but that sidelying position hard! Am I doing ths right?
Secondly, in the abdominal section, I find it all but impossible to hold my legs up straight, either singlarly or together, owing to not yet having though quad strength. My quad/s shake then my back starts to take over. My hamstrings are loose and not causing any issues. So I've been doing them with a very slight bend in the knee. Is this okay to do for now?
A quick look through the thread I counted around 92 sessions cumulative, not counting Auntie Em who does them daily. That's just the posted ones. Good work all!

Zula part of what we learned from Evolution was that instead of squeezing the buttocks together for the Hips and Behind we engage the pelvic floor by beginning with a gentle squeezing of the sit bones together, which gets the lower abs to contribute to the movement, then gently curl that pelvis under before you lift the working leg. To keep my pelvis tucked I usually pause briefly every ten pulses and curl under again. Do what you can, continue to see it in your mind and your body will eventually master it. The same holds true for the abs movements. When things start to shake enough that your back tries to get involved take a break to relax and recover then go back to finish. You will be amazed one day to discover that your legs float like feathers, beautifully extended out along your counterpulls and delicately poised as you work. It will happen. All of us probably had to do it with bent legs in the beginning. I remember thinking at first that it would be impossible to pull off and here I am at 59 doing them like it's the most natural thing in the world. You will too. Keep thinking of them as feathers, floating lightly up into place.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 477
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
One more hour for me!

I was right about the heat. It has calmed down, and now my muscles are tighter again, but I just took my time and let my body do what it can.

Zula, my way of thinking of tucking the pelvis is by focussing on the back, not the front. By elongating my lower back, if I just keep going beyond elongating, it turns into a tuck, no stomach needed.

There's a lot of information in these threads. I think if you keep reading everyone else's posts here you will find many of us share the same challenges, so answers to their questions, will probably answer yours too.

For me, I gradually was able to straighten that leg from only 3 pulses, with the rest bent, to just recently 100 pulses. It takes time, just listen to your body and it will tell you when it's ready. In the meantime, bend those knees, because that's what your body can do right now. I think the name of the game here is 'no judgement'.

Happy Pulsing!
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/30.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39.75"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 175 hours (18/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Session #9 for July complete. I just realized that makes a grand total of 32 sessions. Tomorrow when I do my weekly weigh-in I'll take the time to do some measurements. I had intended to do them following my 30th session but we were all having so much fun I forgot! there are some really neat things I'm beginning to notice:
- I can see the veins in my feet again.
- When I wash my face I can feel the bony structure of my face again!
- The fat layers on my back are beginning to finally melt away.

It's the little things that matter most. Every day, in every way, I'm getting better, better and better. A little more toned, a bit tighter, slightly stronger than yesterday.

Jigglebuster I love your posts. They are so full of gentleness and love for us all. I'm glad we met, even if it's only in this virtual world.

I think I'll take my husband to lunch now. Happy pulsing all.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Thank you so much Jigglebuster and Susan! The imagery of lengthening my spine really helped my entire workout (hour 13 done!) this morning. I was able to concentrate on keeping my spine lengthened and soft and it considerably improved my workout. Hubby home today too, so I got him to watch my abdominal work. When I think my legs are bent they are actually straight. I'm mobile through the knees so I was finding it hard to tell what is actually straight and I was attempting to hyper flex them and going past straightness. So that is that problem hugely reduced!

92 sessions (well 94 now with yours and mine Susan) is amazing!

Lovely to hear your seeing more changes Susan! I have the same back fat issue and I'm finding as parts of my body are relaxing off I am able to work other areas more effectively and the results are transmitting further up. Suddenly I've noticed a significant reduction in my under bra back fat.

I adore Callan's stretches as I normally seriously struggle to stretch muscles with my long ligaments just lengthening making me effectively weaker. But these stretches are really getting the body of the muscle. My only problem is that the lower back stretch (my right knee went all the way to the floor for the first time today!) puts me into such a place of glorious bliss and tranquility that I struggle to get up to do the pelvic rotations.

Only just finished hour 13 and I'm already excited to start hour 14 tomorrow!

Last edited by Zula; 07-21-2013 at 04:19 AM..
Zula is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Weekly weigh-in shows a drop of 2.4 lbs this week. This means that despite that 4 lb. gain I had last month that I chalked up to muscle weight I now weigh less than I did when I joined the challenge. More importantly to me I now weigh LESS than 220 lbs and less than my husband.

Although I resist measuring, since it can be so inexact, I did them as promised because it's important for newbies to see what Callanetics is capable of.
The initial numbers are from right before my 10th session, the second ones from following my 32nd. Losses all around.

neck 17
waist: 45/44
upper abs (right under breast ?/41.5
lower abs (one hand span above belly button 44/43.5
hips 51/49.25
L thigh 24.5/22.5
R thigh 24.25/22.5
above knee 19/18.5
calves 16.25/16
chest 48/47.25
wrist 7/6.75
ankle 10.75/9.75

There they are. Make of it what you will. I'm pleased with them.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by susanw53; 07-21-2013 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: Add measurement
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
The neck measurement is from today. I didn't take one in June because I was taking pictures. I looked in the mirror last night and realized that you can once again see where my jawline starts below my ears. It's been years since anyone has seen that! Whoo-Hoo!!!!!
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Thank you so much Jigglebuster and Susan! The imagery of lengthening my spine really helped my entire workout (hour 13 done!) this morning. I was able to concentrate on keeping my spine lengthened and soft and it considerably improved my workout. Hubby home today too, so I got him to watch my abdominal work. When I think my legs are bent they are actually straight. I'm mobile through the knees so I was finding it hard to tell what is actually straight and I was attempting to hyper flex them and going past straightness. So that is that problem hugely reduced!

92 sessions (well 94 now with yours and mine Susan) is amazing!

Lovely to hear your seeing more changes Susan! I have the same back fat issue and I'm finding as parts of my body are relaxing off I am able to work other areas more effectively and the results are transmitting further up. Suddenly I've noticed a significant reduction in my under bra back fat.

I adore Callan's stretches as I normally seriously struggle to stretch muscles with my long ligaments just lengthening making me effectively weaker. But these stretches are really getting the body of the muscle. My only problem is that the lower back stretch (my right knee went all the way to the floor for the first time today!) puts me into such a place of glorious bliss and tranquility that I struggle to get up to do the pelvic rotations.

Only just finished hour 13 and I'm already excited to start hour 14 tomorrow!
I know what you mean Zula. I can't get to the floor yet but I always find myself staying stretched out for twice the allotted time thinking "OK Susan, get on with it"

It's wonderful how the pulses work from the inside out, giving you such amazing strength. Years ago I had a student in her early 70s who came to our third class telling us how she had needed to move her stove the day before and without even thinking simply reached out and did it with ease instead of calling her son in as was her custom. Flexibility, strength, sculpting, alignment, and general peace of mind. Those were what brought me back to Callanetics. It's a lifetime commitment for me now. I have granddaughters to keep up with.
susanw53 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 477
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I have seen the light!

I was taking my shirt off after my skate last night and I saw the line I lost many years ago, and when I did lose it it saddened me. I used to be in extremely good shape (I could have competed in Ms. Fitness, or gone a little further and competed in Ms. Olympia), so I appreciated certain attributes this gave me. One of which was the line between my pecks that could be seen when I moved. And I saw it! Not as defined mind you, but it's back.

It's interesting. The only changes that are happening in my measurements at the time being is with water retention. Ha ha! But I'm watching muscle definition form in the middle of my hips (one palm down from my belly button), and my knees are getting uglier and uglier as the elephant knee areas don't just dent, but completely cave in, as bulges of fat surround them. I'm also watching lines of fat bulge out as the lines between start to sink in like my elephant knees. I know in time the bulges will catch up, because I'm also starting to see more definition in my thighs.

Here are the recent negatives I'm experiencing from doing Callanetics:
- when I sit on a rock by the river, it isn't as comfortable (not as much padding!)
- I can feel my spine on the floor during the stomach exercises and am having to fold my blanket to make it thicker (again not as much padding)

Anyway, today is my parkour day, so I dare not do Callanetics too, except for stretching.

Zula! Oh good. I'm glad we could help!

We seem to have the opposite problem, my over tightness and your over extendedness, but to me that just means we will be able to learn from one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post

Jigglebuster I love your posts. They are so full of gentleness and love for us all. I'm glad we met, even if it's only in this virtual world.
Aww! Thanks Susan!

And Holy Moly! Congrats on all the changes and the losses! That's amazing!

I'm all like "Ooo la la Baby! let me check out that jaw of yours!"

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 07-21-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #207
Junior LCF Member
 
kb910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 22
Gallery: kb910
Stats: current 166 Goal 120
WOE: Keto Zero Carb/ AdvoCare
Start Date: 11/2012
This morning I did hour 3 (10/10) while watching church online. Total since last monday I have 3.5 hrs. I did realize that some of my meds were messing with my water retention and stalled weightloss, increasing weight as well. So This last week I have been in the process of trying to ween myself off my meds and altering my supplements as necessary to facilitate the water loss etc.

I have noticed that my thighs are becoming cut. I have always had a tendency to gain muscle quickly which has been happening at the gym. Adding the callanetics is helping to cut my muscles. Yes, I do look more cottage cheesy in the abdomen area, I think thats because of the fat loss in the pockets where it indents. I am not perfect at my form yet, but I do get to muscle failure during my callanetics 10/10 workout.

I went on a date with my hubby yesterday and cheated at starbucks. I still had under 100 carbs, but that is way more than my usual zero carb intake. Funny thing is, this morning I was down 2 lbs of what I gained last week. This week I should see much improvement. I am now at 169, minigoal of 150 by my birthday 8/27.
kb910 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
Gallery: mandiew
6/8 done!
mandiew is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 73
Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Measurements are amazing Susan!

My husband commented earlier that my behind is looking like "a toasted cheese sandwich". Unfortunately I did have a mouthful of green smoothie at the time and I did manage to spray it everywhere in response. When asked exactly what he meant by that statement (in that dangerous-woman-alert voice), the justification given was that my behind is looking very full, but "crimped in" around the edges like sandwiches from the machines which seal the edges to keep the cheese in. I *think* it's a compliment to the effect it's looking more muscular!

I'm going to get my animals to bed then I'm going to do an extra lower back stretch before bed today. I've been struggling to get to sleep and I just feel so fabulous the stretch I hope it sends me off!
Zula is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member
 
susanw53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 871
Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Jigglebuster I'm so excited for you! It's such an empowering thing to reclaim our bodies. Slow and steady does the trick.

I wanted to share my pictures. Being new to this the only way I can figure to do this is two postings. The first is before beginning Callanetics (I started mid-May) and the second taken this past week. Here goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.5 KB, 36 views)
susanw53 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.