Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
A few things were different for me today....

As expected, I wasn't quite as strong, so the leg exercises were more strenuous for me. However, I am more flexible! When I started in March, My knee was bent just as much as she shows with the arch on the bar for those who can't straighten their legs, and now my knee is probably a good 4-5 inches lower and my leg that much straighter, although not completely straight.

Also, my "elephant knees" are spreading to the lower portion of my knees, and I can also see a 'v' forming on my shin below my knee. The wrinkle of the elephant knee is also coming up onto my inner thigh in certain positions. I'm thinking of this with a positive mind, that I'm going to recognise my knees again one day, the same way I recognise my face again.

And, despite my calf not changing in measurements, I thought about it, and I think it might be higher than it was, because I'm starting to see a slight indent beneath it, as in definition that was not there.

Happy pulsing everyone!
All good things Jigglebuster. I like the way those elephant knees are shifting around. Exciting times
Old 07-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/?/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Okay, my knees are getting uglier and uglier. The elephant knee is starting to spread on top of my patella too, so something's happening. In fact, my knees are looking gaunt and puffy (and wrinkly) at the same time, if that makes sense. And my legs are getting lumpy again... I know what that means!!! A few more sessions and my measurements will change yet again!

I think I know why my knees never wrinkled before, in all the time I've been doing Callanetics since 2009. I was never this close to having fat free knees during that time; there was always a layer to keep it all smooth. Well, today I realised that 'V' under my knee I mentioned yesterday??? I totally struck bone there. As in, I can touch my shin and there's no layer of anything but muscle and skin there. I can't say that for the rest of my shin, but hey!

It's just so crazy watching my body goes through these changes, and so quickly!

And one more advancement! I'm up to 40 pulses on the ab exercises with my leg straight (not on the two legs up yet, I only have 3 pulses before I shake with that)!

Anyway, all this to say.... One more hour for me!!!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 184 hours (8/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

jigglebuster, learn to love those knees LOL!!! You should take a picture because they probably will never look like this again and you won't remember after a while : )
Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nemia
Did my 10/10 today, not complete but for 40 minutes. I notice that I take over more and more Evo ideas :-) Great feeling.

I'm feeling better with myself today, less cruel. Wouldn't be so cruel to anyone else, so why to myself?

I also notice a great improvement in my stretching ability. I add to the stomach series because they're easy for me, compared to other exercises. Somewhere in the depths there must be surprisingly strong ab muscles - though no one ever saw them :-D
Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Nemia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
jigglebuster, learn to love those knees LOL!!! You should take a picture because they probably will never look like this again and you won't remember after a while : )
LOL! You know, I was thinking the same thing.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Session 3 for the month done! An amazing session. I embrace the concept of T-r-I-p-l-e S-l-o-w M-o-t-I-o-n which allows for deep introspection and focus. I truly enjoy my breaks, taking time to rethink and modify.

I can't be the only one who finishes up Pelvic Rotations with an "Oh my God" followed by a good belly laugh .

I'm impressed by all the progress. Happy pulsing all
Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #68
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
every time she is like "if your own teacher does that you know you are in trouble" I crack up laughing..
I so wish someone would redo the video and put newer music in it..
I love 10 in 10 but every time I play it I can't help but think that I have been transported into Clockwork Orange.. Does anyone else think the music remind them of that?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vixentobe
LOL QueenB! I love when she talks about the coins, it's not funny which makes it funny if you know what I mean.

3/15 today. I did it in the morning instead of before bed. I think what I may do is the standing ones in the mornings and the floor work at night. It really relaxes me.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Weekly weigh in today. Down another 2.1 lbs. I'm glad to be losing again. Understanding what was going on helped to tamp down the urge to panic over last week's slight weight gain but I'm much happier with my modest but steady goal of being one lb lighter every week .

Happy pulsing all. Remember, effortless and relaxed.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #71
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

5th hour for July and 9th hour! ( does little Dance ) woot woot
Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud87 View Post
AuntieEm, are you referring to the hips and behind exercise? or is this something else?
Rosebud, I don't remember what the exercise is called but it does work the muscles in the bottom and the backs of the thighs.

In Evolution, they do this with the body weight on the arms. Lying face down, and turning the foot out to the side, isolates the back of the leg and the derriere, and also the muscles along the spine and neck. It's super!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I haven't done Callanetics consistently for a while, but I want to commit to 8 hours i know that's all it took for me to get a compliment on my waist last time, so at least if that's the minimum, i'll have ten hours (if i get lucky) by august. i hope everyone had an excellent holiday weekend
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GettingGorgeous
WOE: Clean Eater
Session 2 done on Sunday. Today I'm working out at the local gym (cardio en weights) Tomorrow will probably be Yoga. Next Callanetics is planned for Wednesday!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
So between my son on crutches for a week and working 12 hour days, I have been exhausted. The only happy thing was my grandparents came to visit this weekend. Giving me a break from being an "all I can be mom". My grandmother told me that I looked like I had lost some weight I only see my grandparents twice a year so this made me feel really good. As some of you know, I was stuck on the "unretouched photos of Jean"and why I didn't see changes that quickly. Going along with Susanw53 and jigglebuster, we don't see our loss as we look at ourselves everyday and see the same person. This gave me a happy little bounce all weekend ~ that was definately needed.

After a week off due to family, I completed my 2nd round for this month aiming for 12. Now that the nicer weather is here, I will be able to get in more swimming to help with the muscle toning.

Have a great day everyone and thank you all for you words of encouragement. But mostly for your support of one another.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #76
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

I'm so excited that this evening well be my tenth overall hour! woo hoo
Old 07-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Jeepman4me and Krissakris. We're glad to add you to the challenge. Enjoy the journey.

Ahviya, I'm so thankful you got the boost from your Grandmother. We tend to get so impatient for visible change and it's simply that we don't notice it ourselves because it is so gradual. The thing to remember is that, subtle as the changes are they are consistent and continual. If we devote the time and focus we WILL see results. Guaranteed. It always helps to have someone else point it out. Keep it up.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

I've decided to split my exercise up. I've done my standing exercises and will do the floor exercises before bed.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Well, I don't know what I did wrong, or when, but sometime yesterday while doing my parkour I must have landed incorrectly, or twisted something, because I came home limping and my lower ankle was swelling somewhat. I iced it, took some advil, and massaged it, then... CRACK!... it seems a bone had gone out of place and is now back in place. So, the swelling is diminished by 2/3rds of what it was las night, and it's only sensitive, not sore, but I still have it wrapped up in a bandage.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this will affect anything more than the "leg exercises", since I'm up on my toes for those, but we shall see. One more hour on its way starting in 10 minutes!

I should say too, it seems I gained weight, despite my losses, and so I will atribute this to muscle gain, because it sure looks like it!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 07-08-2013 at 02:07 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Be careful Jiggle don't overdo it! Just finished the floor work so it's 4/15 for me. I'm developing a six pack! The joke is I've still got a little pouch on my lower stomach. What to do? Never did I ever think I'd talk about myself & a 6 pack in the same sentence! I personally don't want it so I'm going to only do the stomach exercises twice a week. That way it's still getting a work out without developing it even more. What do you think?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post

Ahviya, I'm so thankful you got the boost from your Grandmother. We tend to get so impatient for visible change and it's simply that we don't notice it ourselves because it is so gradual. The thing to remember is that, subtle as the changes are they are consistent and continual. If we devote the time and focus we WILL see results. Guaranteed. It always helps to have someone else point it out. Keep it up.
Thank you Susan. I have decided to not be so judgmental towards myself and know that every move I make is a stride towards a better lifestyle and even better health for me and my family.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #82
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Woohoo just finished my 6th hour for July, and my tenth hour overall!!!x I'm so excited! I'm going to post my before and after 10 hours on my blog, hopefully some time tomorrow ( my last day being 32)
Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qpdoll
Stats: 176/162/138, 5'3",Muscular Med Frame
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2007
Hi Everybody!!
I've been so busy this month again but good news, I finally did my 1st one this month thanks to everyone's posts. It encouraged me to "Just do it"!!!!
Also I noticed even though I haven't done callanetics since beginning of June, I did not gain any weight and did not gain any inches...The magic of callanetics kept up with me even though I had to take a break!!! yay....

Keep up the good work everyone and don't stop pulsing even if its just a little bit!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixentobe View Post
Be careful Jiggle don't overdo it! Just finished the floor work so it's 4/15 for me. I'm developing a six pack! The joke is I've still got a little pouch on my lower stomach. What to do? Never did I ever think I'd talk about myself & a 6 pack in the same sentence! I personally don't want it so I'm going to only do the stomach exercises twice a week. That way it's still getting a work out without developing it even more. What do you think?
Yeah, well, I had to put my tensor bandage on to do the first warm-up exercise, and it seems I can't quite put my foot in the kneeling position, the creasing around the achilles puts too much pressure on the tiny supporting muscles on either side, which were part of the muscles strained in all this. So instead of the "exciting" hip rotations and pelvic scoop, I did some Super moves... the ins and outs and the leg extensions. Oh my!... Even the floor stretches with the legs together, put a bit too much pressure on my heel for me to take. I'm sure it won't take long to heal though.

As for your 6 pack, well I guess your one of 6% of women who can actually get one then, eh? Good to know! But really, it seems you might want to up your food intake to find that balance you want, because not doing the ab exercises will create and imbalance in your system, and then what's going to support your back?

Everyone else, I am reading your posts and cheering for you!!!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 07-08-2013 at 09:39 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Hi everyone

Off to a slower start this month but have just done my 2/10 session this month.
Vixentobe - I've been finding with the abs that I have definition on the obliques but the middle part of my abs from breastbone to lower abs are still quite ill-defined. However, I noticed a tiny definition on my lower abs today only a few centimetres across on both my left and right mid-abs but was really surprised. I'd felt I'd plateaued with the abs for at least a month up until now.

Jigglebuster - hope your ankle is healing up OK today

qpdoll - great start to this months challenge -keep up the great work

QueenBacon - Congratulations on your 10th session! Thanks for the sugar detox information and your blog is great btw

Happy pulsing everyone.

Last edited by keepfitbrit; 07-09-2013 at 04:33 AM..
Old 07-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
I've completed 4/20, with another session tonight.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Ahviya I'm glad you've decided to ease up on yourself. I'm trying to not say anything to myself that I wouldn't say to another person and it's actually hard!

Jigglebuster I hope your heel gets better soon. I never knew that only some women get 6 packs; lucky me I guess. I can't eat more though because I'm about 50lbs overweight (hips and thighs). I guess I'm going to carry on as normal then and deal with my stomach after my thighs and hips are where I want them to be.

Keepfitbrit Mine is the other way round. I have definition just under my breastbone. Well done it must be a great feeling to move through a plateau.

Happy pulsing peeps
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Dolly I'm glad Callanetics covered for you. Welcome back.

Vixentobe, Callanetics will gently sculpt your abs in balance with the rest of you. It's part of the beauty of the system, but you have to do all of them. They work in harmony. I believe you have to concentrate really hard work to get 6-pack abs. Callanetics gives you long, sleek lines.

Session #4/ 13 completed. It took me 2 1/2 hours to finish! I've spent the past day viewing videos on Alexander Technique and studying other materials available. Kind of a mini-seminar online. You have to love the Internet. Being so immersed, every movement in my Callanetics session began with the thought "What would happen if I relaxed my neck, to let my head come forward and up, to let my back lengthen and widen, to let my legs relax away from my torso and my shoulders out to the side? It takes longer to read than to think . After getting into peak position I paused, asked my question again and began pulsing, super slow. Today it was easier to completely relax the neck throughout everything. Amazing how much harder your body can work with more efficiency and less strain. Relax, relax, and then relax even more.

Sorry guys, I fell into a bit of teacher mode there

It was a wicked but wonderful session. My back was quite stiff when I started and it's much better now. I started my regular session yesterday but quit after the third interruption. It left me feeling incomplete all evening. Thank goodness time was available today. Still on schedule.

Jigglebuster , heal quickly

Good work all! Keep it up.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
I've completed 4/20, with another session tonight.
I love the way you keep moving forward Jen. You've got to be over 50 sessions since you started. Way to go girl .
Old 07-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
2.5/10 completed, it was actually on sunday but forgot to log it.
Closed Thread