Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   Jump rope workout suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/805770-jump-rope-workout-suggestions.html)

NewestAtkinsFan 06-09-2013 06:59 AM

Jump rope workout suggestions

Does anyone have any suggestions on a jump rope workout for beginners? Just something I can do for maybe 10 minutes or less and get the metabolism going? Thanks in advance.

NewestAtkinsFan 06-09-2013 02:38 PM

In case the kind of rope makes a difference please note that my rope is an actual rope....Hollow Braided Polypropylene Utility Line bought from a store. Cheaper than the actual jump ropes for 6ft+ tall people but excellent to jump with let me tell you!

NewestAtkinsFan 06-11-2013 05:12 PM

I wanted to throw some more questions out there to you all:

Does anyone do Tabata style jumping rope workouts?
Do you jump for time? Or until you reach a certain number of jumps?

Thanks in advance.

NewestAtkinsFan 06-14-2013 08:23 PM

I decide to make the jump rope my workout for the week. I jumped Wed and Thursday the following reflects my general workout but also yesterday's specific workout.

I set my timer for 10 or 15 minutes (it was 10 yesterday)
I jumped for 50 jumps
I took a breather
I jumped for 50 jumps
I took a breather and I continued this pattern until the 10 minutes were up

I was able to complete 6 sets in the allotted time so I did 300 jumps. Knowing me im probably approaching my workout totally wrong, but u know what, it's a place to start. I had a good sweat, def. got my heart rate up, def. feeling it today (sore everywhere-- esp. my abs/stomach. I mean Wow!) and will keep this up for awhile.

NewestAtkinsFan 06-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan (Post 16471175)
I decide to make the jump rope my workout for the week. I jumped Wed and Thursday the following reflects my general workout but also yesterday's specific workout.

I set my timer for 10 or 15 minutes (it was 10 yesterday)
I jumped for 50 jumps
I took a breather
I jumped for 50 jumps
I took a breather and I continued this pattern until the 10 minutes were up

I was able to complete 6 sets in the allotted time so I did 300 jumps. Knowing me im probably approaching my workout totally wrong, but u know what, it's a place to start. I had a good sweat, def. got my heart rate up, def. feeling it today (sore everywhere-- esp. my abs/stomach. I mean Wow!) and will keep this up for awhile.

Did 15 minutes today. I completed 10 rounds for a total of 500 jumps. I thought it was a great cardio workout. :up:

NewestAtkinsFan 07-14-2013 12:18 AM

worked out at 1:25a.m. and actually enjoyed it

Was restless and wanted something to do, so just stepped outside found me a spot (about the size of a parking space) and jumped for 20mins

100 jumps
rest for a few
100 jumps
rest for a few
(repeat until the 20mins was up)

I lost count but it was either 750 or 850 jumps. Got a good pump going... loved it.