Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   Does anyone here go to CURVES? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/805427-does-anyone-here-go-curves.html)

marieze 06-04-2013 08:54 AM

Does anyone here go to CURVES?

How has it worked for you and how much is it per month? Thanks!

Avy 06-04-2013 08:09 PM

I used to until they closed the one close by. Less than $50 a month for me here in BC. I liked it because it was fast and easy, no thinking or effort, just go, run around the circuit twice, stretch and leave, 30 mins total.

The results were good. It's the perfect gym for someone who is just starting, scared of working, or who hates it. It might get boring though, it's a circuit, and there's nothing to do but go around in circles on the same machines each time you show up.

I have to say though, the results I am getting from a "real" gym now are faster and more pronounced, and the tons of free classes are a nice bonus... oh and it's cheaper.

I'm pro Curves though. I think it's a fantastic gym, and encourage anyone who wants to start getting in shape to try it out.

marieze 06-06-2013 01:52 PM

Well, despite the lack of response, I joined this morning and worked out...I loved it! Got a good workout and only $34.00 per month!

No thonged butts to compete with, just overweight normal ladies...I can do this!!

Avy 06-06-2013 04:38 PM

Good for you! it's a great place to start getting in shape, and much cheaper than we pay here.

And damn straight you can do it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieze (Post 16458700)
Well, despite the lack of response, I joined this morning and worked out...I loved it! Got a good workout and only $34.00 per month!

No thonged butts to compete with, just overweight normal ladies...I can do this!!

marieze 06-07-2013 12:18 PM

Thanks Avi!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 16458937)
Good for you! it's a great place to start getting in shape, and much cheaper than we pay here.

And damn straight you can do it. :)

I really am surprised more women here on the board aren't curves members. Maybe it's just too elementary for everyone but me...I worked out yesterday and today and boy, do I feel it!!!!

Avy 06-07-2013 03:33 PM

I agree, I was surprised too. I think most people underestimate the power of the Curves circuit, it's definitely a workout.

Sharss 06-07-2013 08:39 PM

Thanks for posting. I'm checking into it. Do you have to become a member and pay monthly fees automatically? (I'm waiting for a call back.)

Ntombi 06-08-2013 12:42 AM

Yes, you have to become a member.

I went in for a free trial when they were first sprouting up everywhere, but I didn't think too much of it. I preferred a gym with more options.

But like Avy, I think that if it's enough for you, even for a short while, and you'll go, definitely join!

If you can find one. The ones around here have all closed down.

marieze 06-08-2013 03:26 PM

Hi Sharon!

I was able to have my membership waived because I was still in their database from several years ago when I needed to stop due to knee problems. That particular club closed but this one is still only 5 minutes away. This club offers zu ba 3x weekly, a stretching room with stretching equipment I loved and the owner has owned it for 15 years.

I love the hydrolic equipment that I don't have to switch the weights on, the music and the fact that you can get an aerobic workout while strength training at the same time!

With everyone moving from piece to piece of equipment at the same time on the circuit, there is no waiting for equipment and one can beg a great workout in 30 minutes.

When I did it in the past I always lost weight AND lots of inches...now that I had my knee totally replaced in Late December, I'm rearin' to go!

Tell them you can't afford the initiation fee and see what they say...I believe there is flexibility on that!

Lillalotte 07-02-2013 03:50 AM

I really loved Curves, but when I moved the equipment at the Curves by me was really old and didn't do much for me. So now I'm at Planet Fitness. I really miss Curves though!

I did find that I dropped the most weight when I did the circuit three times instead of two. They frowned at that a bit though!

marieze 07-12-2013 07:19 PM

It's been 4 weeks since I joined and I go 3x per week! I love it and miss it on my "off" days. They just did the first measure and in the 4 weeks they said I lost 4 inches and 6 pounds! I'll take it!

I'm really there to get stronger since I was disabled for so long and my stamina is returning in spades! I LOVE CURVES!!!

Avy 07-12-2013 08:17 PM

That is so fantastic, congrats!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieze (Post 16512708)
It's been 4 weeks since I joined and I go 3x per week! I love it and miss it on my "off" days. They just did the first measure and in the 4 weeks they said I lost 4 inches and 6 pounds! I'll take it!

I'm really there to get stronger since I was disabled for so long and my stamina is returning in spades! I LOVE CURVES!!!

vixendrop 07-14-2013 08:08 PM

Many years ago I was a member of Curves when I lived in Phoenix. I didn't get a membership when I moved to Colorado and now the one in my town has closed. I'm sad. I was wanting to go again.