Old 06-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahviya View Post
Well finished my 15th round of callanetics for this month . This month I actually reached my goal

I will post measurements on Sunday. I still have 2 days of exercising to do. I won't be discouraged if there is not a major difference. I figured I would need at least 30 to see a difference, but knowing that I achieved my goal is the best.

“Whenever you feel like giving up, remember why you set this goal in the first place.”
Thank you for the inspiration. Congratulations on reaching your goal
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
You all did amazingly well this month! Yay!!!! :cheer:

My body fell apart the past few days, so I've been out of commission, however, I am proud of what I've accomplished, and even got 12 hours in considering! I know I will have lost some flexibility and strength (cataplexy does that), but I'm not concerned; I know it will return quickly in July, and I know you are here to keep me motivated and inspired.

Vixentobe, having someone we love pass away can sometimes feel like a part of us have died along with them. It's okay to be where you are, it's okay to cry, and it's okay to make mistakes. And please don't put any time limits on your mourning. It will take as long as it takes.

If you look back to 2009 you will see I was mourning, and had been for quite a while. A major thing that had lifted me up after I had fallen down so deeply was actually Callanetics. First, I had to walk, though, and walk I did. I walked and hiked across an entire province, up and over quite a few smaller mountains. Once I got home, I was ready, connected to this body again, and that's when I heard Callan say, "If that's all you can do, that's okay...." She inspired me to do what I could, continuing what I started on my hike and camping trip, and every little bit added up. Pulse by pulse, breath by breath, I was coming alive again... and so will you.

Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 185 hours (1/? this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Up 4.3 lbs from last week. On any other program that would be discouraging, but here it is cause for celebration. Looking back over my food journal I was careful about food choices and kept moving all week, meaning the only reason for the weight gain is my Callanetics practice is beginning to build muscle faster than I'm burning off fat. That's OK with me. I'm in for the long haul. Yesterday I had to buy smaller shirts and underwear. Life is good.

Happy pulsing all!
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nemia
I did the program until the lower back stretch. Maybe that's how I can do Callanetics every day: one day the whole program including the "exciting" pelvis workout (which I dislike because my feet cramp something horrible as soon as I sit on my heels, even with a rolled towel tucked under), one day without. For me, the main thing is stomach, hips, behind - and even more important: doing it at all.

I still stick to the 10/10 program. I don't see myself "graduating" yet to the Super Callanetics tape, but I wait impatiently for Evolution - I ordered it and it should arrive any day.

Susan, I wish I could see any progress with my body... but the fat % on the scales, weight and circumference are all unchanged. It's encouraging to see that for others, it works, so theoretically it could work for me, too.

Let's hope it will happen in July. June was a good beginning. I really hope that July will be just as good. I was so totally out of shape that I shouldn't wonder my body is slow in taking in the message.

But how glad am I that I re-discovered Callanetics. I never tried any other workout tape and I'm thrilled that I'm not the only one who still thinks that Callanetics is a wonderful program.
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: custardcat
well done on your goals everyone keep it up x
custardcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GettingGorgeous
WOE: Clean Eater
I did my 8th session today. Unfortunately I did not make it to 10 this month. The past week at work was exhausting and I could not get myself to do much in the evening. On Saturday I spent most of my time in bed sleeping. Can't believe how tired I was!

I will be joining the challenge again next month though! I love having a support base on the forum, so thanks everyone and see you in the July challenge!
GettingGorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Scorpio3110
WOE: Primal
Start Date: February 2011
Hi all, I joined the forum a little while ago after lurking for a few months reading all your amazing results from doing Callanetics. Like many of you, I did it on and off in the late 80s and early 90s but then got into other things.

I've got the 10 in 10 dvd and I've also ordered the Super. I'll join the July challenge and I'm about to take my measurements to monitor my progress.

Looking forward to seeing how we all progress.

Well done on what you all have achieved so far.

Last edited by Scorpio3110; 06-30-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Scorpio3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
I didn't get to do my measurement yesterday. My son injured his left knee, Thank G-d it was just muscle. Growth plate and patella are not broken or misplaced. Spent a lot of time at the ER by the time we got home, I was exhausted like I worked out at a gym.

Congratulations to everyone. You may not have achieved your goals, but you attempted to get as much done as possible. For that you should be proud of yourselves.

Have a great day. Off to work.
Ahviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
which dvd is better? Should I order the basic and go for super after learning the ropes or shoot for gold and order both?
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
Thank you everyone for your responses to my inner thigh squeeze question. I haven't been by here in the last few days as I have put my back right out and can't do any Callanetics at the moment. It feels like a tough lesson to learn as I was just getting back into exercise and slowly starting to love and honour my body. I have been immobile and in a lot of pain since Saturday and am really missing Callanetics. It has really made me pause and reflect though and realise that I probably wouldn't be in this much pain if I had been taking care of my body - it's been a real wake up call.

Enjoy the gift that is our body. Movement is such a special part of our lives, it brings so much joy. It's what our bodies were made for. I so miss moving freely and without pain and it's only been a few days. The ostepath said it would clear up soon, no major damage done but gee it was quite a scare and makes me appreciate my body so much more.

Although I can't do any Callanetics yet, I will be right back into it the moment I am pain free and can manage at least some of the exercises as I know it will lead to a quicker recovery.

Thanks for the ear and happy pulsing everyone!
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote