Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Welcome back anu.anusha Forget about being lax. It's all ancient history now. The important thing is you've returned to a system you know brings results. I had to laugh at your comment about the rotations I invariably find myself leaning onto my hands and knees at the end with a breathless "oh my God" and a hearty laugh!
Keep up the good work and eventually you know the extra pounds will melt away. Happy pulsing

- Susan
I loved this post! So true about not beating yourself up for what you haven't done, just get moving in the right direction by "doing"!

Anu...I lived in Bombay from 1987 to 1990 (now Mumbai). It changed my life and was probably one of the best experiences of my life. Where are you? If I asked already, I cannot recall (I'm old!!!)

I did 9/15 yesterday (total of 24) and plan to do 10 today to get back on track for the few days I took off. Even so, doubt I'll get in the 15 I was hoping for this month...too much "living" going on! Which is also a good thing!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
In our house we have always had an expression "See it, Believe it, Expect it, Make it so". I actually had that posted in a well-used hallway the entire time our children were growing up and now it's so firmly ingrained it's become second nature. The change is never quick enough for us, but it will all happen with consistent practice of Callanetics. Before you know it your neck will be slim again. Believe.

All night long I kept waking up to feel my ring, then I would smile and go back to sleep. Life is good

- Susan
Susan, you sure have a wonderful way of using words/expressions and also sharing love for the rest of us. Thank you for your posts! I love your "expression" above and am going to write it down and put it on my bathroom mirror to read as my morning mantra! And I am so happy for you with your ring. Mine is in a dish next to my sink and I try it on from time to time. I also have 2 rings...one when I married at 112# which I would LOVE to get back into, and the other a full size larger which is tight and no way I would put it on and keep it on "yet". So, big big big congratulations on that big milestone! I am just tickled pink for you on your ring fitting again.

Nemia...I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'd like to "ditto" the comments about starvation. Been there/done that and it truly messes you up for your later years!

I was slowly gaining bit by bit by following very strict macros and calories with a nutritionist in LC eating and being in ketosis. When I finally let go of it all and used "common sense" and eating carbs, yes fruit too!!!!, I started to slowly stop the gain and slowly have started to lose.....maybe only .5# a week, but it beats a gain every week. I think "some bodies" just need carbs as long as they are good ones. I am grain, sugar and dairy free and am feeling great. And I had my first summer peach last night! YUM!!!!!

Last edited by shelley; 06-22-2013 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: forgot to add about Susan's ring
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nemia
I'm 49 years old and remember very well when I discovered that I can diet and lose weight. It was in my early 30s. Hard to believe but I had never dieted before. It was a disaster called Slimfast. I slimmed down very quickly and gained everything back very quickly, too. It messed up my metabolism for good. I'll never repeat that piece of idiocy again. Slimfast is full of sugar and starch and transfats! I don't know what came over me. A complete boomerang.

I follow the Jonathan Roche exercise plan, more or less. I try to eat well, healthy, low carb, but within my needs. At the lower limit of my needs. I eat fruit because I love it and I can't deprive myself. I know it doesn't work for me if I deprive myself. I'm in for the long haul, not the short term effect.

Thank you for the great vitamin E advice. I'll go hunting for some capsules ;-)

I had a funny conversation with a friend today. She told me in happy tones about her inexplicable [is there such a word????] weight loss. She did nothing different, ate the same, no sport. It seems that since we are really good friends and connected on many levels that when I go low carb and work out, she loses the weight ;-) So she said: continue, continue, it's really having a great effect :-D
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Session 9 for the month done! That makes a total of 20 since beginning. Tomorrow when I weigh in I will retake measurements. I know I've lost some in the waist because my shorts are loose.

I can't be the only one who laughs throughout my sessions. Joyful, relief, impressed with the control and just out of sheer fascination with how intense these "gentle" movements are. Today I could really feel the abdominals right under the breasts working. Wow!

My husband is insulin dependent diabetic and on peritoneal dialysis so I've had years of refining our diet to keep his labs under control. Last visit to his Nephrologist his blood work looked completely normal It was confirmation that all those years of learning are paying off big time. In the end it means most of what we eat is made from scratch using wholesome and nutritious ingredients. Simple foods filled with healthy stuff. When I go grocery shopping I always review the cart before check out to see what processed stuff I may have snuck in that can be put back. Portion control was my concentration for the last two years and we have finally conquered that challenge. When I think of all those years we ate without thought

Thank you Shelly, and congrats on hitting 25 sessions. I'm beginning to think of you all as part of my extended family and I have a great desire to keep us all focused and motivated. Yes, life is meant to be lived and in my book any more than 8 sessions a month is a big time bonus. When I guided group sessions in the past I would recommend they resist the urge to go overboard until they were completely familiar with the movements. At this point I feel privileged to have the time available to do 3 a week. I usually do them while my husband takes his morning nap. I love the solitude and opportunity to completely focus on me. He's pretty happy about the results too

Nemia, how delightful that you do the work and your best friend gets the results How lucky is she?

Back to life. After ten more sessions I'm going to add in more advanced movements and start working on Super Callanetics. Need to order the DVD.

Happy pulsing all
-Susan
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Well worked a double on Friday and forgot to log my hour in for Friday. I was called in at 8:00am and worked until 11:00pm. By the time I got home, I was exhausted. Slept really well though.

Did complete my hour for today. Which gives me 12/15 for the month and a total of 21 hours for the past two months. Who would of ever thought I would be at 21 hours and getting up at 5:00 am to get my exercise in and start my day? I can hardly believe that I have been getting up at 5:00am for the past 8 weeks. Don't they say that it takes 6 weeks to actually start seeing results of any form of exercise?

Susan and Jigglebuster ~ for the compliments. Believe me I was shocked and thought could this really be happening. Yesterday and today, I felt a little more which is making me happy and not focus on the "unretouched photos." I am guessing with my pouch and extra love on the hips it will take longer, but at least I know it is working. So maybe for me 30 session may be the magic number of noticing changes.

back anu.anusha ~ we all need time to relax and get motivated. It is not easy. But with everyone on this thread, the help is there. I was able to vent to everyone and it felt good.

Keep up the good work everyone. Working from the inside out is hard, but sooooooo worth it in the end.

Last edited by Ahviya; 06-22-2013 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: spelling
Ahviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vixentobe
Thanks for the advice Jigglebuster.
Feel free to share more pearls of nutritional wisdom!
For various reasons, I'm going to have to start with wheatgrass powder for the time being. Oh my online health food shop is going to love me!

Congrats Susanw53, how lovely you can wear one of your rings again!

10/15 for me.
Vixentobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Ahviya......you are doing so great!!! And with such little sleep too! I'm really impressed!

I think I may be with you on the 30 total thing seeing the changes. Today I did 10/15 and total of #25 and I'm "feeling" the change and then go to try on my large pants and hoping they will just fall off me, but they remain tight. And tomorrow is weigh/measure day, so the reality will be in ink on my chart. I'll keep you posted.

Nemia...you cracked me up with you doing the exercise and your friend getting the benefit. Hopefully that too will change!!! Soon!!!!

Jigglebuster...please enlighten me how you measure your "bottom line", or are you measuring your hips/bottom?!?!!?! I have tried to look in the mirror and draw a line, but can't even figure out how to do that well. Maybe you have "notch marks" in inches to see how high your dainty little peach has risen????
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:14 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Shelly. I do believe since I have some extra cushioning it will take 30 to see the results that I want. I am waiting until the end of the month to do measurements. This way I can compare them to the measurements I did after 10 hours and see how I am doing. Some of my pants are a little tight in the stomach and thighs. But I know that is the bulge working from the inside.

So I just completed Super Callanetics. Apparently I thought I was ready for this 1&1/2 hour session I thought I was going to collapse. Just finished and layed on the floor to relax and say to myself ~ I know where my body parts are My legs are still not like feathers yet.

Maybe I will spend a few more weeks doing 10/10. Just to make sure I amstrong enough to do Super again. The stomach alternatives were not very nice I fell over and the coming back up was like I had an anchor tied to my back. Although I did order Quick Callanetics Hips and Behind from amazon, just waiting for that to come in this week.

Well everyone keep pulsing - and let your body be like a rag doll ~
Old 06-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Down another 1.4 lbs this week. Slow but steady does the trick. It's always a pleasant surprise to see any drop in weight. My mother always told me the trick is to weigh less every year as you get older. It took me long enough to listen to her

Ahviya, I am so impressed with your commitment. Sacrificing sleep time for Callanetics time with the demands of your field speaks volumes about your drive. The time you devote to fitness has to be paying you big dividends at work as well.

I also decided to stick with my modified 10/10 for another 10 sessions. I reminded myself that at 59 years old I have different considerations than when I was in my thirties. It's so exciting to feel younger that the immediate response is to accelerate for faster results. Patience and consistency are called for, at least with myself. It took years to get this large and I know with certainty that staying the course with Callanetics will get me to the fitness level I'm seeking. Already I'm walking like a 35 year old again and just yesterday I ran into an acquaintance who hadn't seen me in over a year who actually gushed at how much weight I'd lost and how much younger I looked. And so it begins....

Have a wonderful day all

- Susan
Old 06-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Ahhh ha ha ha haaaa!!! you all make me laugh so hard!!!

Nemia, please tell your friend congratualtions for me!

Ahviya, it certainly sounds like you felt like a ragdoll after you were done! LOL!

Susan, congrats on the weight loss! Oh, and what I've been doing is incorporating different exercises from Super every other session, one for abs and one for legs, and I add push-ups (knee) and a couple stretches from Evo. My "hour" lasts a little longer than an hour on my slow-mo days, but it's worth it. It keeps it interesting, and keeps it at a level I fee comfortable doing i.e. gentle.

Shelly, for the Bottom Line: Really it's an estimation, but what I do is I wrap the tape measure all around both legs putting the tape measure directly under my perky little peach, and looking in the mirror, make sure it's straight across my thighs, and level. Then I hold it with one hand and with the other I place my fingers flat and parallel to the floor on my crotch to give a clear view of where that is (I'm usually clothed), and guesstimate the distance between the top of the tape measure and the top side of my fingers. I'm sure it would be a lot easier if someone was helping me, and a lot more accurate, but hey, I've got to work with what I've got.

Vixentobe, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Today's my "day off", so a few stretches and then off to work!

Happy pulsing everyone!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 173 hours (16/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 06-23-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GettingGorgeous
WOE: Clean Eater
7th session done for this month. 3 more to go. I felt I was doing pretty well and noticed I'm improving with the leg stretches and I could round more during the stomach exercises.

The coming week will be challenging because things will be tough at work (i.e. late nights), but I should still reach my target of 10 for this month.

Good luck and happy pulsing everyone!
GettingGorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
Late starter

Hi All,

I'm just starting with Callenetics rather late in the month. I'm aiming to to 5 sessions per week.

Could anyone let me know if they are a pear shape and what kind of results they have had with the lower half of their body? I have struggled with the weight on my lower body for years and I'm hoping (fingers and toes crossed) that Callenetics will finally even me out.

Are there any pear shapes in the group?

Good luck all.
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anu.anusha1
Stats: 139/136/..
WOE: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
That was me qpdoll.

From the time I began to gain weight and all through losing the weight, I felt like I couldn't smile properly, like my mouth was pushing against something; it took effort to smile, and this upset me a lot.

I've always been slender, before the depression, before the hormonal changes, before the auto-immune disorder.... What I saw in my face was just a reminder that things weren't okay, that I wasn't okay. Of course I saw it in my body, as well, but it was my face....

Sigh ... i can relate to this ...

Since I have put on weight i have stopped taking pictures of myself! And being slender all my life this is a new phase for me ....

I had to read almost every post here and many other sites to finally motivate myself to start workin out.... so I thank you JiggleBuster and everyone else in this group to share and motivate people like to get up and take the first step
anu.anusha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Susan -

I did them yesterday and the pelvic rotations were kind to me ... I almsot did the 10 without stopping .... Though i do worry about my form .... so i first watch her and then start mine...

You guys are very motivational
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

qpdoll - I am so amazed by people having such similar situations ... Yup ! you are right !! NO LOOKING BACK

Shelly - I stay in Chennai (down south) ... But these days am travelling all around ... I hear a lot of people saying living in India was life changing ... and am always curious to know more about their experience as I feel I learn so much more about my home from them ....
Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

and before i forget ((am sorry about sending so many posts in th last 10 mins )) I did my 2nd 10/10 yesterday ... i still need to focus on my form and am pausing a good amount to look at the video ....

Happy Pulsing everyone !!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Rag doll checking in ~ just completed another hour and I only have 3 more hours to complete my challenge for the month.

Susanw53 ~ I seem to be moving faster at work. When I take lunch, I go down the 2 flights of stairs and walk back up. The health benefits are amazing. So far with the pollen and heat, I have not had to use my inhaler at all. I am breathing a lot easier than I was before starting callanetics.

Jigglebuster ~ I felt like someone ran me over with a mack truck after doing the super callanetics. But I thought I would give it another shot this upcoming weekend. I figured if I ease into it, maybe I won't feel so runned over. Although the stomach alternatives are tough.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

abrandnewu!

Check my siggy, and you'll see the result Callanetics can make.

anu! I'm glad to hear you're feeling motivated and moving forward. good stuff!

GettingGorgeous....

Vixentobe, I must have had a narcoleptic moment... The wheatgrass is 10% per ounce of the required iron; I usually drink 2oz, and between that and the dulse, plus my daily food intake, I'm good. However, it does do something in the body that aids in building more red blood cells by preventing iron deposits in the body. You might want to google all this. What I'm saying is it's worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahviya View Post
Jigglebuster ~ I felt like someone ran me over with a mack truck after doing the super callanetics. But I thought I would give it another shot this upcoming weekend. I figured if I ease into it, maybe I won't feel so runned over. Although the stomach alternatives are tough.
That's what I thought a ragdoll would feel like, just slumped over, can't move. Might I suggest you do few less pulses, and make it more gentle on yourself? Remember, Super moves are 20:100 to 10/10.

--------------------------

Well, everyone, one more hour for me! I think that makes 13 this month.

I've made some advancements too! I can now do 20 pulses on the stomach exercises with my leg straight! the rest I do bent. I'm very excited about this.

I can also do the first hip and behind exercises without a bar.

Also, last night I went for a walk, and I was like, "Wow! I feel so... upright! My posture is amazing!" I don't think my posture has been this good since my 20's, or maybe not ever. It made me feel lighter somehow.

On the negative, I'm getting elephant knees. they're wrinkling on the inner, upper aspect beside my kneecap. I'm hoping this will evolve, and tighten up? Has anyone had experience with this?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewu View Post
Hi All,

I'm just starting with Callenetics rather late in the month. I'm aiming to to 5 sessions per week.

Could anyone let me know if they are a pear shape and what kind of results they have had with the lower half of their body? I have struggled with the weight on my lower body for years and I'm hoping (fingers and toes crossed) that Callenetics will finally even me out.

Are there any pear shapes in the group?

Good luck all.
abrandnewu. Whatever your body shape,consistent practice of Callanetics will tighten, tone, align and strengthen you in ways you can
Only imagine at this point. Enjoy the journey. We will be here to help motivate you and try to answer any questions you may have.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingGorgeous View Post
7th session done for this month. 3 more to go. I felt I was doing pretty well and noticed I'm improving with the leg stretches and I could round more during the stomach exercises.

The coming week will be challenging because things will be tough at work (i.e. late nights), but I should still reach my target of 10 for this month.

Good luck and happy pulsing everyone!
Great work! Every session you feel better control. Good luck with your schedule. I'm sure you can get there. I'm rescheduling my first session today to go to the movies with my daughter but I know I can take time tomorrow morning if it doesn't get done tonight. You all keep me going.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post

Well, everyone, one more hour for me! I think that makes 13 this month.

I've made some advancements too! I can now do 20 pulses on the stomach exercises with my leg straight! the rest I do bent. I'm very excited about this.

I can also do the first hip and behind exercises without a bar.

Also, last night I went for a walk, and I was like, "Wow! I feel so... upright! My posture is amazing!" I don't think my posture has been this good since my 20's, or maybe not ever. It made me feel lighter somehow.

On the negative, I'm getting elephant knees. they're wrinkling on the inner, upper aspect beside my kneecap. I'm hoping this will evolve, and tighten up? Has anyone had experience with this?
Excellent commitment Yes the elephant knees will evolve into slender, lovely knees in time. You can count on it. It's all part of that fat shifting thing Callanetics does. Change that negative thought into excited expectation

I love the way we're all looking out for each other.

-Susan
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Excellent commitment Yes the elephant knees will evolve into slender, lovely knees in time. You can count on it. It's all part of that fat shifting thing Callanetics does. Change that negative thought into excited expectation

I love the way we're all looking out for each other.

-Susan
Thanks for this Susan!

My arms are definitely more defined but the same thing has been happening to the spot from my upper deltoid into my shoulder arm joint, if I lift my arm to the side. It's weird to see my knees do all these things though. They puff and wrinkle, all the while my leg above and below are developing defining lines. It's crazy!

So, consider my negative shifted to positive anticipation.

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 06-24-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
It is nice to see so much going on in the thread this month.

I watched Super Callanetics today, just to see Callan. How amazing she was.

Still doing my daily routine. I love Callanetics!
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Hi everyone

Up to #9 so far this month. This morning, I really didn't feel in the mood for exercise and then once I'd started the DVD and became more focused I really felt the benefit.
I'm fully recovered now and DD is back at school but I doubt I will reach my target for this month. I've still done 36 hours since I started which is longer than I've stuck to any exercise program before - and it is all because of the wonderful, funny, informative and inspiring posts from everyone on here

Keep up the great work everyone -one week to go until the end of the month

Also, Hi abrandnewu
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #205
Junior LCF Member

I don't know how to count my Callanetics sessions since that dog bite - I can't sit on my side so I only do part of the 10/10 program. The day before yesterday, I must have overdone the stretching, it felt painful yesterday, so I took a break.

I used to be very stretch-able, but now I'm not. I find that frustrating and so I must have "jerked" in spite of Callan's warnings. Well, I did it properly today, found myself much more stretched than before and LOVE the stretch parts more than anything. She is right, it IS a powerful and beautiful feeling, and I do crave more of it. If that means that I have to do pelvic rotations - so may it be. (I can't do them at the moment but my daughter said, when she saw me doing them, that I do them really well - it sure doesn't feel that way.)

I'm much faster than her count at the stomach exercises and simply do more. ;-) I love how fast you can feel progress.

Oh Callanetics, exquisite boredom and exquisite stretches and WONderful feelings of strength returning slowly.

I'm very curious for the Evolution DVD I ordered. I find the short programs (stomach etc) a bit of a letdown - just like curtailed 10/10 programs, without too much new stuff added. Super Callanetics looks intimidating to me - I'm not sure I can do all these movements! ATM, I stay with my true and trusty old 10/10.

It was my 12th Callanetics session since I started. I see absolutely NO difference in my body but that may come later and take me by surprise - let me dream! But I love the body feeling that even 20 minutes of Callanetics give me.

What a pity that dog bit me. It looks ugly and really hurts and itches while it heals. And I can't do my beloved hip and behind exercises!

Btw, did anyone try doing those with ankle weights? I did and I confess that I enjoyed the feeling. But I read somewhere that Callan didn't encourage the use of ankle weights because it puts too much pressure on the joints. Which sounds logical.

Pulse away, pulse away everyone.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #206
Junior LCF Member

PS: Susan, I love reading your encouraging words. Really great motivation. You just find the right words to make me smile when I read it.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
7am and just completed hour 5 of 8
mandiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
thank you for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome Susan. 2 hours of 10/10 completed this week. I don't know how may sessions I'll get in before the month is up, but I have aimed for 5 sessions a week.
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Session 10 for the month. At times while practicing Callanetics your muscles will suddenly shift into another gear. I sensed it was coming during my last session and today it hit in force! It felt like my muscles decided that they were ready to commit to the journey. Everything was controlled and focused. Muscles relaxed on demand. I would envision muscles lengthening and limbs would gently float away from my core. Abdominal exercisesmfelt like a challenge instead of a chore . During Pelvic rotations I could actually feel all of the muscles from the waist down working to control smooth figure eights. When I finished I felt more rejuvenated and less exhausted, a new first for this time around. No need to crawl to the hot shower to recover

This was the type of session I've been working towards. I approach Callanetics from an instructor's perspective (it's the teacher in me ) and I embrace the mind/body approach so I always spend hours thinking movements through and practicing the art of letting go so I can relax, leading to faster results. It sounds so paradoxical, relax to get better results, but it's so simple really. When you learn to let the tension go the muscle fibers get more oxygen and can stretch further. The energy you conserve by releasing tension can be focused on the muscles being worked. Learning to release tension benefits all aspects of our lives. On a practical level, learning to relax while doing Callanetics has improved my results dramatically. Now it's obvious that I look at least ten years younger, I sleep better, I move with greater confidence, and I've only begun!

Sorry about the gushing. I'm completely pumped!!

I'm so impressed by everyone's progress. For me the beauty of this board is the encouragement we offer each other to stick with a program we know will improve our lives. I love the feeling of getting up from the couch without having to push off

Keep it up guys!
-Susan
Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
PS: Susan, I love reading your encouraging words. Really great motivation. You just find the right words to make me smile when I read it.
Aww Nemia, that was sweet. Thanks.