Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
That was me qpdoll.

From the time I began to gain weight and all through losing the weight, I felt like I couldn't smile properly, like my mouth was pushing against something; it took effort to smile, and this upset me a lot. When I saw myself in pictures I could tell my smiles weren't free nor authentic. There was no point at the edges of the smile. It was like I had to push from a lower place, closer to the line of my lower lips to push my cheeks out of the way. I don't have really high cheek bones, but when I don't have extra weight on you can see the structure of my face. I've always been slender, before the depression, before the hormonal changes, before the auto-immune disorder.... What I saw in my face was just a reminder that things weren't okay, that I wasn't okay. Of course I saw it in my body, as well, but it was my face....

I know I haven't lost much weight since March, but still had a bit of that pushing feeling. Not only that, but I was seeing the beginnings of jowels forming, and thought I'd just have to accept it - it's all a part of aging right?

Anyway, the jowels are gone, any signs of a double chin I had, which was significant since I normally don't have one, is gone, the pudgy cheeks are gone, and I can see the structure of my face, in my jaw, my eyes, my cheeks, my temples..., even in my forehead. My smiles don't feel heavy, and there was just this day (I think when I wrote about it) when I looked in the mirror, and I was surprised to see myself, a face I hadn't seen in almost 8 years, and I cried.

It was in that moment that I realised that I have been doing this to find myself again, both physically and emotionally. It had nothing about the weight and what that all means in society, or what others think of me, it was to be able to look in the mirror and see me again, on all levels. I felt like I had reached the last crossing of a long journey, and was finally coming home.

Doing Callanetics, or doing any form of movement, and eating healthily, is not just about weight, it's about loving yourself. I always ask myself, if I would treat a child this way when I'm making choices that hurt me, and the answer is always, "No."

One of the reasons I listen to (not watch ha ha!) the video after all this time, is to hear her talk. When she says "If that's all you can do, that's okay. Never push..." I hear that on so many levels. It gave me permission to be where I was emotionally so many years ago, and I applied it to my daily living, to be okay with what I could do and not judge myself. As someone who goes paralyzed on occasion or needs to sleep suddenly, I need not to judge what I'm physically capable of, while I hear others judging, commenting on how long it takes me to get things done around the house, or to learn, or my lack of progression in sporting activities. I learnt to be gentle with myself, loving toward myself, and this approach worked better than any of the "no pain no gain" approaches.

So when I read your comments, and you judging yourself, all I can say to you is, "If that's all you can do, that's okay."

jigglebuster you made me cry. What a beautiful post I've spent the past 13 years helping my husband deal with increasing disability concerns and allowed myself to fall into disrepair. Now that I chose to cut 3/4 of my work week out to be with him rather than bring in someone else I have taken the time to reboot. I thought it would be nice to let him see the cute thing he married again while he was still alive (we plan on keeping him alive for another 20 years ) but also wanted to see "me" again when I looked in the mirror. I had become too complacent about the double chin, puffy cheeks and jowls. It's amazing how we can ignore the ravages of being out of shape. It feels wonderful to be able to encourage others to avoid my mistakes and work towards fitness.

I can identify with your comments about Callan. I haven't watched the video in years because I no longer own a video player but whenever I do a session I hear her gentle encouragement in my mind. This lovely woman I never met has changed my life for the better
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Quote:
Yay!!! You're all doing so well!!!

I know we al have days where it's difficult to motivate ourselves, and yes, feel as though we're slacking during the exercises, but we're DOING it! and that's what counts. I'm proud of you all!!!

Ahviya, it's sounds as though you're doing what you can, and that's perfect! One day, you'll see yourself doing what you think you should be doing. Heck! you should see me "stretch"! Ha ha! I would would suggest to focus on the visualization, extend your leg from your hip and turn it in, bring your pelvis forward, and find that sweet spot, but please don't put pressure on yourself to be able to do everything perfectly at this stage of the game.

I'm about to do my 10th for the month.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thanks Jigglebuster. I felt it was easier to talk/write to you all since you understand where I am coming from. I have a sister who wears a size 2/3 (who has had 5 children naturally) who is just being negative. Luckily, I knew that all of you would support me. Didn't eat the ice cream. But today I found some rasberry frozen yogur bars and thought I would treat myself to one this week.
Ahviya
Ahviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixentobe View Post
Aww Thank you. I keep telling myself that I will look back on these and be thankful, not quite there yet though!

When I go to class, my teacher always rolls my hip with the leg out more forward than I ever think of doing. The only way I get the same feeling at home is to be facing in the opposite direction of the leg; then tighten my bum and lift the leg. Hope this helps

I was looking at the open and close exercise in the book. I'd like to try it, but I have no barre or steady surface to grip on to. Is there an exercise on Evolution that is similar?

8/15 for me. I was soooo tired when I started, now I'm feeling more awake and nice and loose. Very interesting thing happened, I have little feeling on the left side of my body and while I was stretching, I had pins and needles. It felt so weird to feel something!
I'm quite happy because there are moves that I feel more in class than when I do it alone, but I felt them today.
Also.... Warning TMI alert.....

My doctor has me on a ridiculously high iron intake because my red count was nearly low enough to need a transfusion. I've been feeling uncomfortable as I was constipated. By the time I got to stomach exercise 4 I had to run to the loo!
So all in all a good session for me.
Thanks for your help.

As far as your iron ~ I would recommend swapping out some veggies with Kale or Spinach. Both have amazing iron and vitamins in them and Kale is a natural antiinflammatory. Also, you can add raisins to your diet. Talk to your doctor, unfortunately with iron supplements comes constipation. Drink lots of water but also if you feel too constipated, there is a tea that you can purchase in the grocery store it is "Natural Made" it is a all natural tea that can help move your bowels. It takes about 12 hours to work in your system. Drink it at night after dinner and then in the morning you should have a nice movement.

Last edited by Ahviya; 06-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Completed my 9th hour for this month. Only 6 more to reach my goal of 15.

You all are absolutely wonderful. With you positive posts; endless knowledge and a love for Callanetics.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qpdoll
Stats: 176/162/138, 5'3",Muscular Med Frame
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2007
Jigglebuster and Susan !! You both made me cry ...I''m so sick and tired of being mad at myself and frustrated with myself. I know we all need to stop being negative to ourselves and love ourselves the way God intended for us to do. Callan has also completely changed my life. Her soft tone and lovely way of speaking rings in my ears all the time.

I had Bells Palsy when I was 18 and I had complete recovery. Since turning 40 my facial features have changed and I feel that some of the bells palsy occurrence is returning. This is why I asked about the face tightening. It is really encouraging to see that this can truly happen.

Completed 1 more session today that makes it 2/10 this month. Makes that total of 9. The changes I'm seeing are very very subtle so I will just keep on keepin on. Thank you so much for everything!!

Love ya'll and god bless!

Dolly

Last edited by qpdoll; 06-19-2013 at 05:38 PM..
qpdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
May I introduce myself and participate in the challenge?

I looked my best when I did Callanetics regularly - but that was a looong time ago. Since then, depression, health problems, challenges all around made me forget that I have a body. When I saw that my BMI is getting close to 30, I started walking, banishing carbs and pulling out my much beloved Callanetics tapes.

That was three weeks ago. Since then, I've done the 10/10 program eight times, walked/run in intervals every morning for 20 minutes, and while I see no change in my body or the scales, I want to continue.

It seems to me that this forum is a motivational miracle ;-)

I wish to continue doing Callanetics and make it a part of my lifestyle.
Nemia. We try to motivate and support each other. Many of us have returned to Callanetics after lengthy breaks and are very interested in making it a permanent part of our lives from on. If we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask. Keep up the good work Nemia. You can do it
Old 06-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpdoll View Post
Jigglebuster and Susan !! You both made me cry ...I''m so sick and tired of being mad at myself and frustrated with myself. I know we all need to stop being negative to ourselves and love ourselves the way God intended for us to do. Callan has also completely changed my life. Her soft tone and lovely way of speaking rings in my ears all the time.

I had Bells Palsy when I was 18 and I had complete recovery. Since turning 40 my facial features have changed and I feel that some of the bells palsy occurrence is returning. This is why I asked about the face tightening. It is really encouraging to see that this can truly happen.

Completed 1 more session today that makes it 2/10 this month. Makes that total of 9. The changes I'm seeing are very very subtle so I will just keep on keepin on. Thank you so much for everything!!

Love ya'll and god bless!
You just keep on going Dolly. Every session you are just a little stronger, tighter, and more toned, not to mention feeling more centered and in control of your own life.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nemia
Thank you for the kind welcome.

I did my 10/10 today - my 9th session since my restart. From the beginning to the end. When Callan talks, I either continue the exercises or stretch or breathe deeply. I feel great. Also walked and jogged this morning for 37 minutes. Mostly walked but also jogged some ;-)

I use a little stepladder (this one, exactly) for my Callanetics routine. The upper step for the leg bend stretch, the handle for the arch on the bar stretch, and I turn it around for the sitting leg exercises. It's great because I can move it around easily but it's stable enough.

I feel that my body didn't forget Callanetics. Ca. 12 years ago, I went to a Callanetics group with a very good trainer who corrected my form. I remember her teachings - i.e., my body remembers.

It's such a good feeling to be active again. And even better to read your success stories on these boards. I'd love to get my old face again, to get rid of some chins and the jowl. You really give me hope

Last edited by Maryposa; 06-19-2013 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: removed link, replaced with image
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Well finished my 10th hour for this month. Giving me a total of 19 hours beginning in May until now.

While doing the stomach exercises, I felt my rectus abdominis while pulsing . Which kindof shocked me since I haven't felt that (unless poking my stomach) while working out before. Callanetics are definately working from the inside out.

Keep pulsing, remember, we can do it, we just need to believe
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Nemia great commitment I've stumbled in and out of Callanetics so many times over the years and I'm always amazed at how easily my body slips back into the routine. Hopefully this wonderfully supportive forum will be the key to sticking with it. I am blessed to have our daughter living in the next apartment to ours, and it was her starting to do Callanetics again after she had lost her first 60 pounds that finally got me back to them. We sit and gush about the wonders of Callanetics every day! I'm geared to teach so I need this additional outlet to encourage and share that this board affords. I'm so thankful you all let me gush.

How wonderfully creative to find a multi-functional item like that folding step. I can't believe I never thought of it. I'd been thinking of getting one next month for the apartment and your post decided it for me. Thank you for sharing that. I also envy your having had access to a qualified trainer. Many of us have never had that opportunity. They are sadly few and far between so we are forced by necessity to seek out each other and listen closely to our bodies (not necessarily a bad thing). How wonderful that Callanetics is so effective, regardless, if you pay attention to the concepts of no pain, tiny controlled movement, and staying relaxed, effortless and focused. Keep up the good work.

Ahviya one more session and you will be at 20! Well done I'm excited about how your body is responding. You have only begun. I'll be doing my 19th session this morning. After spending two days devouring past challenge boards I had to fight the urge to do it yesterday but I know myself well enough to understand that I need the structure of the schedule or I fall out of practice, so I made myself wait. All that reading had me almost constantly working with pelvic floor activation and thinking about counterpulls and by last night I FELT like I had done a session anyway Keep it up. We chose to grow older as fit, flexible, energetic individuals.

Happy pulsing all.

- Susan
Old 06-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Nemia!

I actually use a window sill for the leg exercises and and the arm of an armchair for the stretches. I used to use my desk which is a lot higher, but I moved and well, things change.

Susan, going through trying times when it lasts such a long time can certainly take its toll on us. I'm glad you're on the journey to see yourself once more!

Vixentobe, an excellent source of iron that is often overlooked is seaweed. I have some dulse every morning to start my day. Another is blackstrap mollasses; a couple of tablespoons a day is all you need.

qpdoll, keep it up, be nice to you, and be patient. It's not a fast process, but it is possible.

Ahviya, congrats on the rectus abdominus!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
WOW !!! What a truly wonderful post Jigglebuster and thank you so much for sharing this with us This is one of the reasons why I love coming back here as this thread has so many positive people sharing their experiences. If I'm having a trying day I find just popping in and having a read just lifts me up and makes me smile.

Would you mind if I copied some of this and posted on my Callanetics Fbook page? I'm sure many would be inspired by this.
No I wouldn't mind.... just one condition though - apparently I spelt "jowl" incorrectly (I've never had them before!). If you wouldn't mind correcting that, then we're good.

-------------------------------------

One more hour! This was the first time (this time 'round) that I really felt myself relaxing into the floor stretches!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 157 hours (11/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 06-20-2013 at 07:00 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

8th session this month done! Wow, what a workout! I made a couple changes this time, the biggest one being I took Sandra's advice and stopped pulsing on the stretches. I felt it was a better stretch in the end simply melting into position and breathing. I definitely saw and felt a difference, particularly in my lower back. While doing the abdominals I kept reminding myself to let the stretch begin at the base of the pelvis and realized that there was an entire segment of my lower back that I hadn't yet invited to the party! Needless to say I was able to curl up significantly better, which we all know will result in better results Saturday will be my 20th session since beginning again last month. I'm proud of myself

vixentobe, I remember my grandfather always prepared a glass of milk with blackstrap molasses that he put in the fridge overnight and drank every morning to keep his iron levels up. It worked wonders for him.

Off to the grocery store. My husband wants a lite lunch out today so I need to carefully walk down the 40 steps from our apartment to the street. Legs are still a little wobbly

Happy pulsing all

- Susan
Old 06-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CarlynB
Stats: 186.5/167.5/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 14, 2010
Wow, such beautiful posts on this thread!

I've completed my 8th workout for this month and 12th since my re-start.

I plan to do one more workout before we leave for our vacation on Monday, then try to do at least 4 while we are gone.

We are taking our home computer in tomorrow to be worked on while we are off on vacation, so I may not have another chance to check in here unless I do it from DH's office. If I don't, I just want to say I've enjoyed participating in the June Challenge and I'm planning to pick back up and get right back in for the July Challenge when we get home.

Happy pulsing, everyone!
CarlynB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vixentobe
Thank you Ahviya, I love spinach so eating more isn't going to be a problem! I've been meaning to try kale crisps, so I'll pick some up over the weekend.

Jigglebuster and Susanw52 would you say blackstrap molasses could replace iron tablets altogether?
I've got a faint bell ringing somewhere deep in my brain. Is this the thick thing that sounds like it should be sweet but is actually rather bitter?
Seaweed sounds great. Do you just eat it as it Jigglebuster?

9/15 for me
Vixentobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anu.anusha1
Stats: 139/136/..
WOE: None
Hello all!!

Well ... I am behind everyone else ... but I did start ((FINALLY)) ...

I did my 1st for this month day before .... I forgot how hard it can be ....

I think i managed 80 counts on an average .... and the pelvic rotations .... good lord the pelvic rotations... i stopped paused and rewinded so many times to get a hold of them ....

I was wondering yesterday whether i did them in the right form or not ... as i didnt feel sore... and when i woke up today I am sore all over !! Butt, tricep ((can feel it below th layer of fat)) , abs... calves .... so am guessing my form wasnt sooo off after all

SHELLY - where did u live in India ?? The wedding and the rituals and my over pampering ((and pampering for him means over-feeding me)) husband hasnt done me any good ... i have put on 20 pounds since the wedding .... and like 10 pounds before ...

JIGGLEBUSTER - YAY ... i have company .... Hopefully we can support each other and not have a gap like last time

May- 10/10 every other day!! No excuses
Total till April - 14
anu.anusha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Wow everyone, really loved reading all the beautiful and inspirational posts!

Nemia. You have made a great start and many of us have taken up Callanetics again after many years away from these amazing exercises. I must admit I haven't seen any change in the scales at all and I was concerned at first and then I opened the Callanetics book and read "throw away your scales". I laughed thinking that must be a sign to stop weighing myself so much and concentrate on how I feel, not just in my body but also emotionally and how much more energy I have.

I haven't done anymore Callanetics hours since last time (done 8 so far this month) as I have a poorly daughter off from school and also I think I may have a touch of the bug she has got. Nevermind, will sip some warm honey and lemon for our poorly throats and read my Callanetics book.

I will restart when I'm better but all I feel like doing right now is sleeping.

Thinking of you all......light as a feather......
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixentobe View Post
Thank you Ahviya, I love spinach so eating more isn't going to be a problem! I've been meaning to try kale crisps, so I'll pick some up over the weekend.

Jigglebuster and Susanw52 would you say blackstrap molasses could replace iron tablets altogether?
I've got a faint bell ringing somewhere deep in my brain. Is this the thick thing that sounds like it should be sweet but is actually rather bitter?
Seaweed sounds great. Do you just eat it as it Jigglebuster?

9/15 for me
Vixentobe, blackstrap molasses is a concentrated sweetener. According to my quick research 2 tsp. would give you 13% of you daily requirement of iron. If you decide to supplement iron intake by dietary choices be sure you discuss it with your doctor because those pills will keep you blocked up. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu.anusha1 View Post
Hello all!!

Well ... I am behind everyone else ... but I did start ((FINALLY)) ...

I did my 1st for this month day before .... I forgot how hard it can be ....

I think i managed 80 counts on an average .... and the pelvic rotations .... good lord the pelvic rotations... i stopped paused and rewinded so many times to get a hold of them ....

I was wondering yesterday whether i did them in the right form or not ... as i didnt feel sore... and when i woke up today I am sore all over !! Butt, tricep ((can feel it below th layer of fat)) , abs... calves .... so am guessing my form wasnt sooo off after all

SHELLY - where did u live in India ?? The wedding and the rituals and my over pampering ((and pampering for him means over-feeding me)) husband hasnt done me any good ... i have put on 20 pounds since the wedding .... and like 10 pounds before ...

JIGGLEBUSTER - YAY ... i have company .... Hopefully we can support each other and not have a gap like last time
Welcome back anu.anusha Forget about being lax. It's all ancient history now. The important thing is you've returned to a system you know brings results. I had to laugh at your comment about the rotations I invariably find myself leaning onto my hands and knees at the end with a breathless "oh my God" and a hearty laugh!
Keep up the good work and eventually you know the extra pounds will melt away. Happy pulsing

- Susan
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepfitbrit View Post
Wow everyone, really loved reading all the beautiful and inspirational posts!

Nemia. You have made a great start and many of us have taken up Callanetics again after many years away from these amazing exercises. I must admit I haven't seen any change in the scales at all and I was concerned at first and then I opened the Callanetics book and read "throw away your scales". I laughed thinking that must be a sign to stop weighing myself so much and concentrate on how I feel, not just in my body but also emotionally and how much more energy I have.

I haven't done anymore Callanetics hours since last time (done 8 so far this month) as I have a poorly daughter off from school and also I think I may have a touch of the bug she has got. Nevermind, will sip some warm honey and lemon for our poorly throats and read my Callanetics book.

I will restart when I'm better but all I feel like doing right now is sleeping.

Thinking of you all......light as a feather......
We'll be thinking of you too Feel better soon.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Have a great trip Carolyn!!!

Vixentube, when I started Callanetics in 2009 I was trying to heal from a lot of things, one of which was signs of anemia. Of course, talk to your doctor; I can only say what I did....

I started tracking my diet, not for calories, but for nutrients, and what I found was I wasn't getting enough iron, potassium, magnesium, or calcium (all needed to keep you from becoming anemic). So I got some black strap mollases and dulse (the mollasses has more calcium, and the dulse has more potassium), and I kept track of my eating habits. When I didn't have enough, I ended up looking up more foods that would help me get what I needed. I ended up having a crash course on the meaning of "empty calories" this way, and although my diet in general was not junky to begin with, I was obviously lacking. To this day, I check in here and there to keep me on track. So that's my actual diet - I get enough nutrients, eating nutrient dense foods!

I do eat dulse just as it is. I dont like it in salad, but I LOVE it alone, and munch away, although it's good in miso soup as well. I tbsp is 26% of your iron needs.

Blackstrap mollases is what's left after making sugar, so it's an accidental, nutritious by-product. In some ways, I find, it has something similar to chocolate syrup, but yes, a bit more bitter. 1 tbsp is 23% of your daily iron requirements. If you choose to go this route, I suggest getting the organic kind, so you're not adding all the extra chemicals your body doesn't need. A vegetarian friend of mind likes to throw it on toast with tahini, but you can eat it straight up, or mix it in with something else (experiment!).

Anyway, I think learning to get enough iron in your diet is a way better way of getting it than supplements. It might take you a little longer to get back on track, but it's also more gentle on your system.

Anu.anusha1, Yes, NO MORE GAPS! .... 80?!?! I could only do 60 pulses when I came back! good for you!

keepfitbrit, I hope you and your daughter feel better!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 06-21-2013 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 06-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qpdoll
Stats: 176/162/138, 5'3",Muscular Med Frame
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2007
Hi Anu!!! i'm from India too!! Welcome back and just keep going!!! I also restarted Callanetics last month after 6 years....

Like susan said don't look back, you're here now....yay!!!!
qpdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosebud87
good afternoon ladies

does anyone have any basic tips for me re: QCS? I haven't 'got it yet'...I know my form is wrong, do I tuck the pelvis?, etc.

when I'm doing the exercises, my stomach sticks out. granted there is a layer of fat there, but I always read (and see in the video) it should be laying flat. mine never is.

ahh help xoxo
rosebud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Vixentube... CORRECTION!: 1 tbsp of blackstrap molasses has 10% of iron

Oh! But I totally forgot,duh! I also bought a wheatgrass juicer and started juicing my own wheatgrass juice 1oz = 296% iron, 59% calcium, tonnes (way above requirements) of vitamins A,C, and K. Definitely worth looking into.

rosebud... what is QCS??? Sorry, my brain doesn't do well with acronyms.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

I am so excited! Sometime around 2003 I had gained enough weight that my wedding ring became uncomfortably tight and I had to stop wearing it. It's just a simple gold band, like my grandmother's was, but it was a symbol of the devotion I feel for my husband, my soulmate of 32 years now. When our son and his wife found out I couldn't fit the ring they took me to the store where we had originally purchased our rings and surprised me by buying me a new one, same style but large enough to be comfortable. Then I gained even more weight and had to stop wearing that one as well For years I've kept both rings on the mantle in the living room as a constant reminder that someday I needed to get my body back into shape. Today, after 19 consecutive sessions of Callanetics, I walked over, picked up the second ring and slipped that lovely gold band easily on to my finger! Now I feel a little more complete and even more thankful for the positive impact Callan has had on my life. From this point I work to be able to fit into my original wedding ring, knowing with certainty that it's only a matter of time

To anyone questioning our passion for these powerful little movements, it's these moments that reinforce our belief that we are blessed to have found a viable solution to our quest for fitness without pain. Anyone can do these gentle, controlled movements and reap the benefits we gush about. Believe.

Happy pulsing all

- Susan
Old 06-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Vixentube... CORRECTION!: 1 tbsp of blackstrap molasses has 10% of iron

Oh! But I totally forgot,duh! I also bought a wheatgrass juicer and started juicing my own wheatgrass juice 1oz = 296% iron, 59% calcium, tonnes (way above requirements) of vitamins A,C, and K. Definitely worth looking into.

rosebud... what is QCS??? Sorry, my brain doesn't do well with acronyms.
haha i'm sorry!! the ab exercises I use quick callanetics stomach.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
I am so excited! Sometime around 2003 I had gained enough weight that my wedding ring became uncomfortably tight and I had to stop wearing it. It's just a simple gold band, like my grandmother's was, but it was a symbol of the devotion I feel for my husband, my soulmate of 32 years now. When our son and his wife found out I couldn't fit the ring they took me to the store where we had originally purchased our rings and surprised me by buying me a new one, same style but large enough to be comfortable. Then I gained even more weight and had to stop wearing that one as well For years I've kept both rings on the mantle in the living room as a constant reminder that someday I needed to get my body back into shape. Today, after 19 consecutive sessions of Callanetics, I walked over, picked up the second ring and slipped that lovely gold band easily on to my finger! Now I feel a little more complete and even more thankful for the positive impact Callan has had on my life. From this point I work to be able to fit into my original wedding ring, knowing with certainty that it's only a matter of time

To anyone questioning our passion for these powerful little movements, it's these moments that reinforce our belief that we are blessed to have found a viable solution to our quest for fitness without pain. Anyone can do these gentle, controlled movements and reap the benefits we gush about. Believe.

Happy pulsing all

- Susan

I love love love this story. congrats Susan!!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud87 View Post
haha i'm sorry!! the ab exercises I use quick callanetics stomach.
Ah! Well then, now that I know what we're talking about....

RELAX the stomach. Don't suck it in, don't tense it, let it fall down between the hip bones, then do your pulses.

Hope that helps!

Susan! Holy crappers Batman! That's awesome! good for you!!!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 06-21-2013 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Bolding of the name
Old 06-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nemia
Lovely, lovely story about the wedding band. Mine is on a shelf next to my bed... my hands and feet are swollen and I hope that these swellings will stop once I get a bit lighter.

I was bitten and scratched by an aggressive dog yesterday morning when I started my morning walk-and-run. No worries, I was treated on the spot and the dog is vaccinated and its owners are informed. But that means that I can't do Callanetics sitting on my side. So I did yesterday and today only the hip and behind exercises start. I added some crunches for good measure.

Stomach is for me THE most important part and I'm glad that I can do those. I'll have to wait a number of days until I can sit sidewise again.

Still no gram less. I keep avoiding carbs, keeping my kcal under 1200, moving a lot and doing my interval walking, interval elliptical and my beloved Callanetics.

One day something will have to move, won't it??? I look absolutely the same

But feel much better. And: I hold myself more upright, lift my head higher, and whenever I have a minute, I do some Callanetics movement. My short, bulky neck is one of my pet peeves, and I hope Callanetics will make it look better again, slimmer, free.
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Let's talk about the bottom line....

Well, I don't check my bottom line very often, maybe once a month I'll wrap my measuring tape around just to see the difference. Last month I saw a 2" difference (and I thought my peach was a lot perkier). This month... I see a 1" difference! Oooo la la!

Nemia, I don't know how tall you are, but careful of not eating enough, it can be just as detrimental on your metabolism as eating too much.... I'm glad you're okay, and I hope you heal quickly! Saline solution is always good. And keep on going! You might not notice anything right now, but one day you'll wake up and say, "Whoa! When did this happen?!"

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 06-22-2013 at 04:05 AM..
Old 06-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
Lovely, lovely story about the wedding band. Mine is on a shelf next to my bed... my hands and feet are swollen and I hope that these swellings will stop once I get a bit lighter.

I was bitten and scratched by an aggressive dog yesterday morning when I started my morning walk-and-run. No worries, I was treated on the spot and the dog is vaccinated and its owners are informed. But that means that I can't do Callanetics sitting on my side. So I did yesterday and today only the hip and behind exercises start. I added some crunches for good measure.

Stomach is for me THE most important part and I'm glad that I can do those. I'll have to wait a number of days until I can sit sidewise again.

Still no gram less. I keep avoiding carbs, keeping my kcal under 1200, moving a lot and doing my interval walking, interval elliptical and my beloved Callanetics.

One day something will have to move, won't it??? I look absolutely the same

But feel much better. And: I hold myself more upright, lift my head higher, and whenever I have a minute, I do some Callanetics movement. My short, bulky neck is one of my pet peeves, and I hope Callanetics will make it look better again, slimmer, free.
Nemia, so sorry to hear about the dog fiasco What are the chances? Lucky you Are you aware of the healing properties of topically applied vitamin E? Poke a 400IU capsule and squeeze the liquid onto the clean wound like a salve. It will speed healing and significantly decrease the chance of any scarring. Continue to be careful to heal completely. Avoid getting anxious about doing all of your Callanetics movements until your body is completely ready.
Be very careful about calorie restriction. Not eating enough is just as detrimental as eating too much because your body goes into starvation mode and slows down the rate of loss instead of letting it go. I use a popular tracker into which I input every single thing I ingest as well as all exercise activities, with no judgement. It starts you off by having you enter basic data (height, current weight, goal weight, and how much you want to lose a week) and calculates what your calorie intake should be to stay on course. The game then becomes getting to the end of the day with at least a small calorie reserve, or at the very least on target. I aim to end in green numbers and stay out of the red (excess calories) as much as possible, but it's important to note that I resist being irritated with myself if I do go over. I have no interest in developing a love/hate relationship with food. It has helped tremendously in making me aware of choices and has motivated me to choose more nutrient rich foods over time. It also alerts you about not getting enough calories to keep you from starvation mode. Since beginning with this app I have consistently lost a pound a week on average, even with the muscle building of Callanetics.

Try to be less judgmental of slow changes. You are tightening from the inside out so initial changes are going to be as you mentioned; standing taller, feeling tighter and more limber. I'm always surprised when I look in the mirror and realize I'm not as svelte as Callanetics makes me feel. Then I smile and remember that it's an inevitable outcome that my inner vision and the outward expression will become the same. In our house we have always had an expression "See it, Believe it, Expect it, Make it so". I actually had that posted in a well-used hallway the entire time our children were growing up and now it's so firmly ingrained it's become second nature. The change is never quick enough for us, but it will all happen with consistent practice of Callanetics. Before you know it your neck will be slim again. Believe.

Jigglebuster, YAHOO!!! Keep it up girl Bit by bit, little by little. Every day a little tighter. I love that about Callanetics.

All night long I kept waking up to feel my ring, then I would smile and go back to sleep. Life is good

- Susan