Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
CALLANETICS Challenge MAY 2013

Let's make May a great month to get in shape.

Some of the benefits seen by Callanetics students:

Tight, lifted firm buttocks
Flatter toned abs
Long lean legs with awesome muscle definition
Lean, sculpted arms
Youthful neckline
Stronger pelvic floor
Increased flexibility
Increased strength
Restore youthful alignment and posture

Feel full of energy, vitality and empowered. There's nothing like Callanetics to safely tone and shape the body.

Callanetics is safe for everyone regardless of age and fitness level. It's particularly beneficial and safe for people with back, neck and knee issues.

Reclaim your youthful body shape by joining us for the Callanetics Challenge.

Certified Callanetics Instructors post regularly to help with any queries, modifications and intensifications.

Happy Pulsing!
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
I'm aiming to do Callanetics every other day for this month. Summer is fast approaching so no time to waste! Good luck everyone for this month
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rana
Stats: Originally 168/162/135 (5'3)
WOE: Trying to eat healty
Start Date: January 2013
I have been back to faboulous callanetics since January 1st. I have done maybe twice a week (sometimes once) . I really need to do it at least three times this month. So here I am commiting to that starting tommorow! I miss this thread too it helped me to be motivated a lot in the future!

Last edited by rana; 04-30-2013 at 04:00 PM..
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
I am aiming for 24 sessions this month. Last month's challenge resulted in me losing one pant size in only 15 sessions. It would be awesome if I could lose one more by the end of this month!
Silverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Count me in! One hour already done!

I'm not sure what happened, but all I can say is Callanetics is... Magical! I actually met and even surpassed my measurement goals on the majority of my body!!! I don't know what I weigh now (no scale), but I'm sure I lost there too. Now my main goal is to get my strength, posture, and flexibility in order, and that is definitely coming along, slowly but surely!

I am so grateful to Callan. Her contribution to this world has helped me on so many levels.

Thank you Callan!
Jigglebuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
I'm in, 10 hours for me this month.

Already 1/10 with Super this morning.
mandiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marthaquest
I'm in, too. I'll try to keep up with Jen at 24 hours in May. I'm also glad to be here. I've done Callanetics/Bar Method before with fantastic results though the last year I've been sidelined with foot surgery. But now I'm so excited to get back to working out! Thanks all of you for being here.
marthaquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scitech
Hi everyone!

I did callanetics 2 years ago for about 4 months and noticed a huge improvement in my body shape. (this forum was the trigger for starting )
I gained a bit of weight since then and i also stopped about a year ago.

Now i do Yoga twice a week (total 3 hours weekly) and i´m thinking that if i added Callanetics to my routine, i should maximize the shapening effects.
Although i never did yoga before, i immediately recognized a lot of Callanetics exercises coming from there.

Should i do 1 hour of Callanetics (10 hours 10 years younger) weekly as a plus or two days doing 30 minutes each (just the abs dvd for ex).

Thanks everyone!
scitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scitech View Post
Hi everyone!

I did callanetics 2 years ago for about 4 months and noticed a huge improvement in my body shape. (this forum was the trigger for starting )

Now i do Yoga twice a week (total 3 hours weekly) and i´m thinking that if i added Callanetics to my routine, i should maximize the shapening effects.
Although i never did yoga before, i immediately recognized a lot of Callanetics exercises coming from there.

Should i do 1 hour of Callanetics (10 hours 10 years younger) weekly as a plus or two days doing 30 minutes each (just the abs dvd for ex).

Thanks everyone!
Your body will let you know.
I say do a full hour, and see what it says.

Jigglebuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inmemoryofmolly
I'm stil in a workout rut from eating all that bad food yesterday and today. But good thing I tried doing PM Callanetics so somehow I was able to fit in 20-30 minutes for my first Callanetics workout this May. I think AM and PM callanetics is heaven sent for those who are not too disciplined like me.
inmemoryofmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: callmelucky
WOE: Clean Eating - Whole Foods
I'll play !

am new to boards - don't really know how to post even lol so hope this comes thru.

been hit and miss w Callan since she first came out in mid 80's - would LOVE to use this group to keep myself inspired and committed
callmelucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
I have been back to faboulous callanetics since January 1st. I have done maybe twice a week (sometimes once) . I really need to do it at least three times this month. So here I am commiting to that starting tommorow! I miss this thread too it helped me to be motivated a lot in the future!

Great to see you back Rana Keep in mind that the results come in quicker if you've practiced Callanetics in the past. The brain's a wonderful thing - it will remember and your muscles will respond beautifully
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
I am aiming for 24 sessions this month. Last month's challenge resulted in me losing one pant size in only 15 sessions. It would be awesome if I could lose one more by the end of this month!

Great Result and don't forget to notice the subtle changes in your body. They're just as important as it signifies that your alignment is changing.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Count me in! One hour already done!

I'm not sure what happened, but all I can say is Callanetics is... Magical! I actually met and even surpassed my measurement goals on the majority of my body!!! I don't know what I weigh now (no scale), but I'm sure I lost there too. Now my main goal is to get my strength, posture, and flexibility in order, and that is definitely coming along, slowly but surely!

I am so grateful to Callan. Her contribution to this world has helped me on so many levels.

Thank you Callan!

That's the word Jigglebuster 'Magical'. I love reading these posts...awesome work
Old 05-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scitech
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelucky View Post
am new to boards - don't really know how to post even lol so hope this comes thru.

been hit and miss w Callan since she first came out in mid 80's - would LOVE to use this group to keep myself inspired and committed

Do start and aim for those 10 hours.

When i first did it, it was with a workout buddy (to keep ourselves motivated) and we became instantly fans as the results were so obvious and quick!
We did about 14 hours in a month!

I honestly think it´s the perfect workout for people who don´t usually like to workout but want to achieve results quickly.
scitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitech View Post
Hi everyone!

Thanks everyone!

back It's a question what will work for you the best. I'm thinking that spacing two workouts over the week is a better deal even if it's only 30 minutes. The effects of a session last for three days so you'll be topping up with another 30 min workout in a shorter period. I'd love to hear how it works for you
Old 05-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

callmelucky (love your name)

This board is wonderful to help you stay on track, motivated and inspired so keep checking in
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Question: Does anybody do 10/10 in the evening? When i say evening i mean almost like finishing the whole hour 30 min before bed time. If so how is that affect their sleep?

I still havent done my session for this week i am having real hard time to find the time as I have two little children and they keep me super busy. So I am thinking even if i am not a night person at all maybe I should try to do it after my kiddos are aslpeep. Just wondering if anynbody else out there does it as an evening routine?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marthaquest
Hi everyone, I did an hour last night !! felt great, I'm going to see if I can fit in another hour this evening. Rana, it always helps me sleep when I do this in the evening. I probably spend a little more time stretching and get very relaxed.
marthaquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthaquest View Post
Hi everyone, I did an hour last night !! felt great, I'm going to see if I can fit in another hour this evening. Rana, it always helps me sleep when I do this in the evening. I probably spend a little more time stretching and get very relaxed.
Thanks! COngrats on your hour. I think i am gonna give it a shot for few days for evening sessions and see what happens... I am off to my first May session!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Toaster
Wow, so many posts and it's just May 2nd!

I have been keeping up with Callan (CE or 10 in 10) about 1 1/2 hours per week--not much, but I exercise daily, and my body seems to respond better when I mix in cardio, weights, yoga, etc. I haven't lost any weights, but I do seem to notice a slimming effect, which is why I've kept up with it...I need to take measurements again soon.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Just did my 1st session for May. My goal is to do at least 15 this month. Anything beyond will be just a plus

I am in love with this exercise I feel always so GREAT afterwards!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: puglove
Hi everyone!

I just joined this board for the callanetics discussion I first did callanetics over 10 years ago when I rescued the tape from my Mom's yard sale. I remember getting great results in a short amount of time, but I wanted a higher energy workout so I stopped. Now I have adrenal fatigue and don't have the stamina for those high intensity workouts, so I have returned to callanetics. I got 4 hours in over the past couple weeks and I hope to do 12 more this month.
puglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrissyH
Me too

Quote:

Me too! It's just gone 3 am in the morning and I can't wait to get started. I want to lose a dress size in 3 weeks!
ChrissyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Wow....I"m gone one day and look at the activity. Fabulous!!!!

I have only done 1/10 so far, but today is upper body weights (heavy and to failure with my buddy), so won't do session 2 until tomorrow. But my goal for the month is 10 and I should still see that happening. I did order 2 of the Super Callanetics DVD's for me and my exercise buddy, so we can keep up our own challenges with each other to do weights at the gym 2 days a week, Callanetics at home 2- days and one "dancey cardio" class on Wednesdays at the gym. We also walk and do the elliptical at home so that should be a full week for me. We will both be 65 this summer so we are determined to stay healthy and fit.

Sandra, I so excited to have someone so very knowledgeable here. Wish I had FB so I could look at her page, but don't. You wrote that the workout stays with you for 3 days. Is that why it's recommended to be done 2 days a week? Is there an advantage to doing it more often??? I would love any other thoughts that you can offer us.

Go ladies, go!!!!! We are surely on a roll with this!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I am checking in for my 2nd session... 13 more to go! I should say that doing callanetics two days in a row leaves you shaky
Old 05-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Wow....I"m gone one day and look at the activity. Fabulous!!!!

I have only done 1/10 so far, but today is upper body weights (heavy and to failure with my buddy), so won't do session 2 until tomorrow. But my goal for the month is 10 and I should still see that happening. I did order 2 of the Super Callanetics DVD's for me and my exercise buddy, so we can keep up our own challenges with each other to do weights at the gym 2 days a week, Callanetics at home 2- days and one "dancey cardio" class on Wednesdays at the gym. We also walk and do the elliptical at home so that should be a full week for me. We will both be 65 this summer so we are determined to stay healthy and fit.

Sandra, I so excited to have someone so very knowledgeable here. Wish I had FB so I could look at her page, but don't. You wrote that the workout stays with you for 3 days. Is that why it's recommended to be done 2 days a week? Is there an advantage to doing it more often??? I would love any other thoughts that you can offer us.

Go ladies, go!!!!! We are surely on a roll with this!!!!

Hey Shelley, Absolutely there are many advantages to doing this more often than twice a week. I especially recommend beginners to fit in as many workouts as possible in the first few weeks to create changes in the brain and ultimately in the body. Always take a couple of days off to rest your muscles but go ahead and amp your sessions and see how quickly things can change.

Another thing is not to forget to notice and acknowledge the more subtle changes. Stand in front of the mirror and preferably have some bikini or undie pics taken and look at yourself from top to toe. Notice the length of your neck, how wide are your shoulders, your ribcage, around the midriff, hips....every part of your body. Even notice where your arms hang naturally such as are they more in front of the body or do they hang to the side.

It all makes a difference Happy Pulsing Shelley and keep checking in here.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
I'm in!!!

Tried 10 in 10 for the first time today. Made it half way through. I think this will be easy to incorporate into my life! My goal is 12 hours this month!!
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Oh this is getting to be so much fun with so many! And lots of new people like me makes it even better!!!!

Sandra, Thank you so very much for you comments and insight. This evening I felt like doing something "more" after my AM weight training session for upper body. So, I did several of the lower body exercises and it felt so good. Thanks also for the idea of taking before photos. Very scary! But nobody has to see them but me. :-)
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrissyH
Wow, it will get easier!!

Did half of the South African version on "You Tube" phew, I am so unfit and out of shape.
ChrissyH is offline   Reply With Quote