Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Forgot to post that I completed 11 hours in May. Just one hour short of my goal ~ But will improve for June.

Congrats to everyone wether you met your goal or not, at least you gave it all that you could
Ahviya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
susanw53!

I'm one of those that did it years ago, and reconnected then came back to it yet another time. The best part is each time I restart, I find getting the technique down is easier.

See you on the June thread!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: UglyDuckling
Is there a place to get Callanetics Certification still?

Hi everyone! I have not posted in this thread for over 5 years! Wow time goes by fast!

I am an on again off again Callan lover. I have been mostly off the last few years due to becoming a Jazzercise instructor and I teach 4-5 times a week. It's SO much fun! That being said you can probably imagine how much more then ever before I would be benefitted by bringing Callan back into my life to balance all my high intensity movement. I am interested in teaching it, but I see that the Callan website no longer exists?

There are several teachers on this thread so I thought they may have more insight as to the status of the company and if trainings were still available.

Thank you all and happy pulsing! Ha!
UglyDuckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
Hi everyone! I have not posted in this thread for over 5 years! Wow time goes by fast!

I am an on again off again Callan lover. I have been mostly off the last few years due to becoming a Jazzercise instructor and I teach 4-5 times a week. It's SO much fun! That being said you can probably imagine how much more then ever before I would be benefitted by bringing Callan back into my life to balance all my high intensity movement. I am interested in teaching it, but I see that the Callan website no longer exists?

There are several teachers on this thread so I thought they may have more insight as to the status of the company and if trainings were still available.

Thank you all and happy pulsing! Ha!
UglyDuckling, there isn't anywhere to officially train at the moment. Callanetics Management Company at Callanetics offer a training program but Callan took out a lawsuit against them for breach of trademark and copyright infringement. She said she didn't approve of or endorse the company or it's programs, despite their claims. I have no idea if they are still offering teacher training but it might be wise to be cautious due to the trademark issues. There is a company in South Africa that also offers Callanetics teacher training, but again they were not approved of or endorsed by Callan Pinckney. It might be wise to hold off until the lawsuit has been concluded or an alternative official program is offered. Hope that helps.
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nelliebelle
Are there any Callanetics challenges still going on? I'm new to the board but not new to callanetics. I would like to join the Callanetics group.

Thanks!
JJ
nelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle View Post
Are there any Callanetics challenges still going on? I'm new to the board but not new to callanetics. I would like to join the Callanetics group.

Thanks!
JJ
Over here!!!
CALLANETICS CHALLENGE - November 2013
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote