Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rana
Stats: Originally 168/162/135 (5'3)
WOE: Trying to eat healty
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpdoll View Post
Hey everyone!!! I have not been on this thread since 2008 yikes!! !
back qpdoll, good to see you here again I think I remember you from 2008 its been that long for me too!!

ok so I am behind but I was able to do my 10/15 today... I still have hope to do another 5 before end of the month we shall see
rana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qpdoll
Stats: 176/162/138, 5'3",Muscular Med Frame
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2007
Hi Rana...I know I think I remember you too!!! You look GREAT!! Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. I'm sooooo glad to be back. And yes here's what I noticed already.

My stomach has pulled in and is feeling tighter. I saw less cellulite on the front of my legs this morning...so cool....I'm really looking for the little subtle changes and trying to stay motivated.

Question: Is everyone pretty much staying on low carb or are ya'll seeing results with regular diet too.. I've been on a gluten free, low carb for 4 months now and lost some weight but i'm losing my resolve and I want a pizza..lol

I guess what I'm trying to ask is that will I still achieve results if I maintain a moderate carb diet and do callanetics?

OK about to do session number 5! Be blessed

Dolly
qpdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whistlemytune
WOE: Callanetics and Pilates
Start Date: 16th May 2013
I'm not dieting at all, because I'm breastfeeding (which has helped me lose the weight, actually) - I need the calories.

I'm only here for the Callanetics. I've done 4 hours so far, and 3 Pilates workouts since starting. I don't see a difference yet, but I feel good.
whistlemytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Hey qpdoll! Welcome back!

It hasn't been that long; you were on here when I was - circa 2009-2010. Anyway, it's true, there's this muscle memory thing that seems to be happening to us who have stepped away for a bit then returned, and I'm very grateful for it.

Glad you found your way back!

Oh! you asked about diet? Well, I try not to eat anything packaged, and I don't eat a ton of meat either, mostly fruit and veggies, lentils and fish. I'm not as raw as I used to be, but still... And I make sure to have a bit of chocolate every day too! In other words, I eat what I like; Im not on any specific diet plan. I find the more I let go of stress, the more I lose /lost. But, yeah, like some others here, I'm pretty much here for the Callanetics thread.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
Starting all over with 197 hours (2/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 05-25-2013 at 08:01 PM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Silvergirl68
Stats: 151/140/110 5'2
Quote:
Hi Rana...I know I think I remember you too!!! You look GREAT!! Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. I'm sooooo glad to be back. And yes here's what I noticed already.

My stomach has pulled in and is feeling tighter. I saw less cellulite on the front of my legs this morning...so cool....I'm really looking for the little subtle changes and trying to stay motivated.

Question: Is everyone pretty much staying on low carb or are ya'll seeing results with regular diet too.. I've been on a gluten free, low carb for 4 months now and lost some weight but i'm losing my resolve and I want a pizza..lol

I guess what I'm trying to ask is that will I still achieve results if I maintain a moderate carb diet and do callanetics?

Yes, I think you will see results on a mod carb diet! I had the book (10 in 10) in college. I don't think it had any ref to diet in there. But remember, Callan says that you will pull in and loose inches but if you are trying to lose weight, 10 pounds would look more like twenty with your workout results! So, I don't feel that her program matters what kind of diet or eating program you are on, you will still have results. Also, you will be gaining muscle and it might make your scale go up as you are getting smaller (muscle weighs more than fat!). I stopped weighing myself and I am going by measurements. When I reach my goals then I might weigh my self out of curiosity to see. Hope that helps Dolly!
Silvergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: canic
Jumping in late this month. I've done Beginner's Calanetics 4 times in last week. I plan to move on to 10/10 this week. I've read this, but still need to ask. Will 3-4x week 10/10 help with cellulite and saddlebags? I've lost 25 lbs and look great in certain clothes, but definitely not in a bathing suit. I've never had much muscle in my legs though, so I have a lot of work to do.

Thanks.
canic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Got in my 4th hour tonight. It was so hard doing the abs but I know its worth it! My hips are melting off and my legs are looking great!

Aloha Canic, I heard that 3x a week is a great schedule for Callanetics. Read the "Callanetics before and after" thread for cellulite testimonials.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meeko
Stats: 148/145/135
Hey guys it's been a while, just checking in

I've done 11 hours so far this month, about to do another hour tonight. I've noticed prominent indents at the top of my thighs which kind of separates the top of the leg and the inner thigh... I can only take this as a good thing! My calves and thighs look thinner in general which is greaaaaat, I'm actually starting to like them which has NEVER happened before. They've really firmed up too. I can't wait to see what they look like when I've lost some fat.

I ate horribly last week (so badly) and I've not been too great this week due to special occasions, however I'm still getting smaller. I guess I could be doing better but I'm still seeing results, I'll just try harder with my diet next week. I'm now 145 pounds but I'm smaller now than the last time I was 145 pounds which is great.
meeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Way to go Meeko!! That's awesome!!!! That inspires me because my previous question was about eating and doing 10/10. Thank you and keep up the great work!!

Hey Silvergirl68 - thanks for the warm welcome and your tips and advice.

Hi There jigglebuster - Thank you also for the tips and advice!!

I will not stress out about food, Eat some chocolate now and then and just keep doing magical callanetics.

I just want to reach out and kiss ya'll for being here!!!

Ok doing session 6 today. I only have 5 days left before going to the islands. Got to stay motivated. Not worrying too much about eating but eating clean...

Love yall.....God Bless!!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Rana...I know I think I remember you too!!! You look GREAT!! .

Thanks qpdoll

For your question yes you will see results without dieting or eating clean so to say but it will just be slower in terms of to be visible to others.. If you checked the earlier messages in this thread I had posted my results from back in 2011. Those results were with no diet whatsoever. I still am big in the second picture but the result was drastic it just took a long time (about 4 months ) to see those results but I was doing it average twice a week sometimes 3...
So since you are doing it a lot more often and sounds like your body being muscular I think you will see faster results than I did even with no dieting...

Now I have been back to Callanetics since January I averaged twice a week (sometimes less ) up until this month and I still saw results my clothes were tight in January are visibly loose now. For the month of june though I am hoping to stay away from sugar and simple carbs to see better results on my tummy I am so SICK of my tummy so we will see hhow it will go!

I have done my 11/15 yesterday, I didn't do any callanetics today because I hiked with hubby for about two hours...

Hope everybody having a wonderful weekend!!

Last edited by rana; 05-26-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Just finished my 10th hour of Callanetics

Have two more hours this month to reach my goal of 12 hours.

Have a Great Memorial Day Everyone.
Ahviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahviya View Post
Just finished my 10th hour of Callanetics

Have two more hours this month to reach my goal of 12 hours.

Have a Great Memorial Day Everyone.
Way to go Ahviya! I cant wait to be at the 10 hour mark. Off to do hour 5 if the day doesnt get away like it did yesterday. Have fun this day!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
The key is to ensure that you are thoroughly stretched out of pelvis up through your spine and also to keep both heels firmly rooted down in to the floor. Check that when you stretch UP and OVER that the heel on the working side hasn't lifted...even slightly !!! Also, keep your ribcage relaxed down and aligned over your pelvis...avoid allowing it to move forward as this will 'switch off' your waist and abdominal muscles.

Relax your waist and hip (and when I say 'relax' I mean 'melt' completely and utterly. Keep your shoulder blades down towards hips and wide. The shoulders must not rise up to ears. Remind yourself that the stretch is up through the spine and not from the hip up through shoulders. This makes a huge difference to the exercise and stretch. One thing is that it's easier to breathe

Focus on the pulse coming from the waist only and not the ribcage

I sometimes like to teach both Evolution and traditional Waist exercise in class. So, we do 75 traditional and then move in to wide format for the Evo style.

You can intensify every single exercise by relaxing more. When you're in position just breathe deeply and on each exhale relax your body more and more whilst you focus on lengthening further out through the counterpulls. It really becomes imagery once you're in position and pulsing. Imagine that your counterpulls are infinite...they go beyond the crown of your head and heels.

Relaxing every single muscle group, even the muscles you're training and allowing your body to open, think expansive, billowing outwards while you pulse or hold a stretch. This is the key to gaining absolute control over your body and feeling and seeing the spectacular results.

Everytime I do a workout for myself I'm blown away with how my body has sculpted magnificently the next day. It never fails to amaze me and I fall in love with Callanetics all over again and so grateful for the day I bought Callan's first book

Let me know how you go Marianne but it really comes down to focusing more on your technique and relaxing (melting) during your workout. Technique, form become more and more important and it's part of the learning process. In the beginning it's normal for movements to be jerky, bigger than they need to be and less coordination. This is natural and how the brain works. But after a few times the learning phase moves in to refining your technique as it will take up less space in the brain. So, movements will become smaller, especially as you maintain counter pulls and smoother.

When you are performing your waist exercise, or any of them, try to do it in front of a mirror and see how much movement there is. If you can see a definite movement of your torso and it's more than a 1/4inch than you definitely can refine your technique. You should barely be able to see it but most definitely FEEL it.

Sorry, for going on too long Marianne I tend to get Callanetics verbal diarrhoea

Sorry guys - just had to make change to this post; meant to read "...should barely be able to see but most definitely feel it" Note to self....must proof read what I write
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
Super today - 4/8. Not going to reach my target this month, will do 10/10 tomorrow but then Thursday I'm working 8.30am - 9pm so won't be doing anything then I'm away next weekend. Never mind, I've been doing so many other things that it doesn't feel like I've been slacking
mandiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ADLMA
Used to do Callanetics, but stopped. It must not have been for a good reason, as I don't recall why. Sandrahanna posted that one's body recalls the muscle use and will respond quickly. Getting started in Callanetics again, and I sure hope Sandrahanna is right!
ADLMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 1SlimSlytherin
Stats: 216/168/130 5'5
WOE: Atkins OWL previously Weight Watchers
Start Date: October 2012
I know I'm late :/ but I figured this is a nice way to jump into the community. I just got Super Callanetics in the mail and did an hour (sort of). There was a leg split exercise that I could not do to save my life and I felt so nauseous afterward. I should probably do it before bed with plenty of time after I've eaten. Doing it in the middle of the day makes me too pooped to do chores. This lady is kickin my butt. I've missed ballet and this is kinda close, makes me hope to get that body back again!
1SlimSlytherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

HI Ya'll

Just finished session 7 of 10/10 . Should have done more by now but time is escaping me!!! Wished I had started earlier in this month...OH WELL

Yes Slim I also have not done callanetics in like 5 years!! I just restarted and have done 7 in like 12 days. I'm already seeing a difference. My waist has gone in and the front of my thighs are less jiggly!! yay!!

So don't worry it will work like that looks like!!

I have another question?? The front of my abdomen is getting this pooch kind of thing! Is that good or bad? Am I doing something wrong? I'm a little worried but I'm thinking it's getting tighter so something must be happening!!

Thank you!! God Bless!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: canic
I did 4 sessions of Beginner Callanetics last week and did first hours of 10 in 10 today. It felt great and I'm glad I had the slower Beginner DVD as an introduction.

Question - how many times a week can you do 10 in 10? Can you do some days back-to-back?

Thanks
canic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
HI Ya'll

I have another question?? The front of my abdomen is getting this pooch kind of thing! Is that good or bad? Am I doing something wrong? I'm a little worried but I'm thinking it's getting tighter so something must be happening!!

Thank you!! God Bless!!!
Hey qpdoll,

Other Callan gurus will be able to answer better but I know that everything kinda get in the very middle of your abdomen before it melts away I think.. I have been having similar issues and just now I started to feel it started to melt down starting from top of my abdomen... Hopefull it will keep melting..
but I am curious about a better answer too!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Hi Everyone.....it's never too late to jump in...and I"m sure we'll do another June challenge to keep us all on track and reporting in to encourage each other to keep up! ha ha

I hurt my back and have spent a week doing basically nothing but functioning. I went back to 10/10 from Super today and did the entire thing, but only counted to 75 on some of the 100 pulses. Just too tired to do 100, but soon I should be back at it.

So, today was #14 for May. I only expected to do 12, so I'm thrilled...and then there is still tomorrow! haha

Canic....I don't think there is a right/wrong number to do in a week. Sandrahannah says to do as much as you can....it's all good. I know some do AM and PM sessions, others once a week, others 2-3 times a week, and some more. It's all up to you and how your body reacts. I'm going to aim for 15 in June, which is every other day! Yikes! And I think I'll alternate with 10/10 and Super Callanetics. Do you think I should also buy Evolution???? Anyone have thoughts on that? Thanks!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Just did my 12/15 and that's it for the month for me. Being sick a week I couldn't finish my goal BUT this was the most I did it in a month since I restarted Callanetics in January so I see it as a success and all because of this forum!!!!!

Thank you ALL for being such great motivators and spending time in the forum
Old 05-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hi qpdoll....you're doing great with your workouts. I doubt you are doing anything wrong at all. Callan says to relax and not hold in/suck in your stomach when doing the abdomen stuff, so that's all I can think of that might be done "wrong".

I'm guessing that until we get to hour #30 or so, we might see shifts in our bodies, but not the real dramatic changes we want now!!! The exercises go "deep" into the muscle tissue so perhaps you are tightening "inside" and you are seeing what is "outside". Does that make sense? I"m guessing with time the outside will catch up and be firm and flat....just the way we all envision our goals to be!
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
Just did my 12/15 and that's it for the month for me. Being sick a week I couldn't finish my goal BUT this was the most I did it in a month since I restarted Callanetics in January so I see it as a success and all because of this forum!!!!!

Thank you ALL for being such great motivators and spending time in the forum
Rana, you did great!!!!! I'm going to try for 15 next month, but think it's a bit unrealistic unless that is the only form of exercise we do. I lift weights at the gym 2 days a week so doing this every other day is something I'm going to have to work on. But you did 12 and that was my goal for this month, so I'm excited for you.

I agree with how much motivation we offer each other here...it's so supportive and I love it when sandrahannah comes to offer ideas and help. Truly a joy to have you all around to encourage us newbies!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Hi Rana,

Kudos on doing 12 sessions!! I'm soooo proud of you. Thanks for your answer. It makes sense!!!

Hi Shelley,

Thank you so much for your answer and your encouragement . You're right I want that awesome body now!!! Can we please hurry it along!!!

Anyway, I won't be able to do any more this month. I will be gone for a week and will start again!

I agree I wouldn't have even kept up this much if it hadn't been for the support of this forum. I started late this month but I'm gonna go full force next month. I'm so excited to see the changes and hit the 30th hour mark! I have never done that before!!!

Everyone have a great upcoming week and keep up the good work! Love ya'll
Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 AM   #175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GettingGorgeous
WOE: Clean Eater
I am soooo joining again for next month's challenge! You are all so motivating!

In April I started the 10/10 program after doing am/pm on and off for years. In my experience 10/10 is better and gives faster results.

Total done in April and May is 16 sessions and I love the results. I'm aiming for 10 next month!
GettingGorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Hi...got up, dressed in exercise gear, didn't eat/shower and came up to do my Super Callanetics. Couldn't get through the whole thing, but gave it an hour! So, I got in 15 for May. Way beyond what I was hoping for. By my birthday, I will have hopefully gotten to the 30 hour mark and will take a look at my body at that point...not before!

Dolly, you are just adorable with all your comments and praise!!! GGorgeous, I'm so glad you are joining us. We all do motivate one another for sure! 10 is ideal in my opinion. Any more is a major bonus. I wish I lived near sandrahanna to take her classes as I know I would do more and do better in an environment of others around me working hard. So, I keep all of you in my mind as I do the pulses...knowing you are doing the same somewhere around the world. We are definitely from all over the place.

Have a great weekend...tomorrow is June! The start of a new month and new challenge to get in 10 or more. We can do this!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Congrats everyone on all of your progress! Even if you didn't reach your goals for the month (like me) it is all good and better than not doing anything. I put in my 5th hour the other day and did not post it. Hey, but I see my waist pulling in my back, hips are slimmer, and tummy slightly pulling in and I am feeling taller. I will try to do one more hour tonight. You are all very inspiring! See you on the June Challenge!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 1SlimSlytherin
Stats: 216/168/130 5'5
WOE: Atkins OWL previously Weight Watchers
Start Date: October 2012
Cant wait to see y'all for June. I did SC last night as well. Unfortunately, I gain weight after doing it but I assume it's just from muscle water retention? You guys are superheros for doing it every other day. I think I'll stick to 2 days a week for June. Anyone else experience weight gain afterwards as well?
1SlimSlytherin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlimSlytherin View Post
Cant wait to see y'all for June. I did SC last night as well. Unfortunately, I gain weight after doing it but I assume it's just from muscle water retention? You guys are superheros for doing it every other day. I think I'll stick to 2 days a week for June. Anyone else experience weight gain afterwards as well?
I do heavy weight lifting for upper body 2 days a week, 2 days of HIIT, and then Callanetics on the other days, about 3 days a week? I notice the scale is nasty....up and down and up and down and varies up to 3# on any given day. I'm focusing on the size of my jeans and the number on the tape measurer that I do every Sunday. Don't worry about the number on the scale!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Hi! New to this thread. Actually this my first venture into a forum. I started practicing Callanetics in 1988, and like so many of you wandered in and out of practice for all these years. Now I'm approaching 60 and at 230 pounds find myself weighing more than ever and feeling the years more than I'm comfortable with. With the inspiration of my daughter I have begun again, with new resolve to make these delightful exercises a natural part of my life from this point on. There are no other exercises that come close to these for effectiveness and quick results. This month I started at mid-month and have already gotten 8 hours of the classic form down. I'm working on a 3 day a week schedule, working from the book (really old school). I begin every session with the mentality that it doesn't matter how long it takes to finish. A good mind set since it can sometimes take over 30 minutes to get through the abs alone! There aren't enough words to describe how powerful you feel after each session. Although my daughter and I motivate each other to stay on target I thought it might be a good thing to share in this ongoing conversation and hopefully motivate some of you to continue. If you stick with Callanetics you WILL see dramatic results. At the end of eight sessions I am now weighing in at 225.7 pounds and feeling marvelous. It's wonderful to be able to move freely again. On to the next month!

Last edited by susanw53; 06-02-2013 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Put down wrong weight.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote