Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
OOps...got a message that it didn't post and asked to hit the reply button again.....I did and got a double post, thus erasing it and writing this! :-)

Last edited by shelley; 05-18-2013 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: was double posted
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post
Hi there keepfitbrit and all other Callan fans!

I don't post often but read everything and think it's great there are so many enthusiasts!

I do Cardio Callanetics in the morning and it loosens everything up, giving me a nice "buzzing" body all day.
I couldn't do it all the way through in the beginning, because I found it tough (though it looks so easy). And not knowing the choreography well, made it really something I wanted to do unseen. But, sticking with it, I've found it to be a great all-round relaxing, and even toning, session. There's always enough challenge as far as improving form and making it more graceful is concerned. Doing it mindfully brings the best results, I've found, and keeps boredom away.
I do Cardio Callanetics with juice and yoghurt handy, as it can be too much for me on a completely empty stomach, but I do love it first thing in the morning, preferring toning and stretching exercises in the evening.

In short, very enjoyable and effective in making you feel good in your body, but something you have to take time to get used to. Good luck!

Monique
Thanks for that advice Monique. I gave Cardio Callanetics a try today and loved it!
I too thought it looked easier than it actually is. Keeping your arms up through the routine was tough in itself and like you said doing the routine mindfully, thinking of "stomach in," "pelvic floor contracted" and counterpulls as well made it a really challenging workout.
The hip and behind section was new to me as that exercise is not in Evolution. I found it tricky at first and the weight on my arms a strain but as my upper body strength improves I'm sure this will ease. I loved the sitting spinal stretch (I remember it from my yoga class years ago- can't remember the name of it though), anyway I paused the DVD at this point as I needed plenty of time to get into the right position with this stretch and also coming out of it too.

#13 this month so far -will do evolution tomorrow with added pelvic scoop and then cardio Thursday.

Keep up the great work everyone
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahviya
Stats: 215
Start Date: May, 2013
Need some help

I have been donig callanetics 10 in 10 this month. I rotate through M,W,F is Callanetics and T,TH is Fluidity. Then the next week switch it around. Here is my question and why I need help.

I have metal in my left ankle (not using this as an excuse) when we do the stretching on the bar placing our ankle on it, it causes pain. I have rolled a hand towel and put it underneath my ankle but still feel pain. I love doing callanetics. I get up every morning at 5:30 am to exercise. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestion to help ease the pain.

Thanks for your help. I will post stats at the end of the week.
Ahviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
I have completed 11/20 hours. I'll be doing hour 12 tonight after work.
Silverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahviya View Post
I have been donig callanetics 10 in 10 this month. I rotate through M,W,F is Callanetics and T,TH is Fluidity. Then the next week switch it around. Here is my question and why I need help.

I have metal in my left ankle (not using this as an excuse) when we do the stretching on the bar placing our ankle on it, it causes pain. I have rolled a hand towel and put it underneath my ankle but still feel pain. I love doing callanetics. I get up every morning at 5:30 am to exercise. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestion to help ease the pain.

Thanks for your help. I will post stats at the end of the week.
You could try lying on the floor and doing the hamstring stretch. Here's a picture from the Beginning Callanetics DVD:

planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whistlemytune
WOE: Callanetics and Pilates
Start Date: 16th May 2013
Phew! 2/6 hours done. I'm really enjoying the 10/10 DVD.
whistlemytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rana
Stats: Originally 168/162/135 (5'3)
WOE: Trying to eat healty
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
I have completed 11/20 hours. I'll be doing hour 12 tonight after work.
Wow you are doing great Silverrain! You are inspiring me to reach my goal!

Just finished 8/15... I did 10/10 purely.. ( I usually add couple more moves but today i was too tired)...
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlemytune View Post
Phew! 2/6 hours done. I'm really enjoying the 10/10 DVD.
10/10 is one of those things the more you do it the more you love it
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coupons325
New to posting, but I have been reading and enjoying all the posts. I have completed 8 hours this month. I used Callanetics in the past with great success (why oh why did I ever stop?) I can remember just really enjoying the challenge of the workout and the great feeling when I completed a workout....then, after a while, people started asking what diet/excessive program I was doing. I was amazed by the questions because I hadn't realized how my body had changed, but others noticed! All the wonderful results just crept up on me. When I was a faithful user of the program, I was in the best shape of my life!

Now, I am much older, and have MUCH more weight on me now than I did then. But I am hopeful I will experience the same results over time. I think after 8 hours and trying to eat healthy (TRYING being the key word) I notice my pants fitting a little different. I am again enjoying the challenge and the amazing feeling the workout gives you. You just can't describe it to someone who has never done it before....it is just amazing.

I was just wondering when people started noticing any physical changes in their appearance from doing Callanetics. I know it will take me more than my 8 hours I have so far, but was just curious of your experiences. I am enjoying my journey, and I know it takes time, but I also can't wait to be in smaller clothing and feel even better!
Coupons325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/?/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbenjamin View Post
You could try lying on the floor and doing the hamstring stretch. Here's a picture from the Beginning Callanetics DVD:
I do these! Ahviya, I started incorporating them before each of the side stomach exercises. And Since I started them I noticed a difference. I mean, yes, I am doing the other stretches as well, but doing these added an extra dimension to my flexibility, especially since I've become so good at relaxing all the other muscles in this position. Anyway, I concur, try these if you can't do the other stretches!

Another thing I just thought of too is, it might be an angle thing that's aggravating your ankle. You could try doing it on a lower "bar", that might help quite a bit? The pressure would then be more on the lower part of you heel rather than on your ankle.

Coupons 325!!!

You know what? I think noticing a difference is somewhat like gaining weight with this program; you don't realise just how much your body is changing until you look up one day, and go "Wow!" Maybe, too, it was like this for me because I was more focussed on the measurements... and I don't have a full length mirror - ha ha! Buuut, I do remember looking down at my legs and knees and thinking they looked so skinny! all of a sudden. That happened both times for me (I did Callanetics religiously in 2009/2010), and both times, I noticed the same thing, however the first time I had more weight to lose.... Ah! You know what? I would say it depends on your body type. I tend to gain and lose pretty evenly throughout my body, with a bit more in my thighs. Anyway, I noticed the leg change this time after about 12 hours - my knees were pointier through my jeans one day.

---------

One more hour for me! I wasn't able to do anything over the weekend, because of some mild temporary paralysis (cataplexy), but I'm back on track again! It's all good!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 184 hours (8/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 05-21-2013 at 05:55 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupons325 View Post
!

I was just wondering when people started noticing any physical changes in their appearance from doing Callanetics. I know it will take me more than my 8 hours I have so far, but was just curious of your experiences. I am enjoying my journey, and I know it takes time, but I also can't wait to be in smaller clothing and feel even better!
For me the visible change starts around 30th hour.. Before that my clothes feel looser and fit better but the visible change for others and my husband to comment starts around 30 and after hour... At least that has been my experience in 2011 and now when I restarted... Either times I failed to diet and lose weight so maybe people would have noticed before if I dieted as well but I didn't... Or if I added cardio I would have seen faster results too but what can you do I am puririest
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Checking in for 9/15
Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Silvergirl68
Stats: 151/140/110 5'2
Hi, Ive been a lurker on here since January. I found this board from Googling "Callanetics"! I had major success with Callanetics 10/10 in the early 90s when I had the book and the VHS tape. I finally ordered my new 10in10 DVD and started two days ago. So i have completed 2/10 and I hope to do it everyday for the remainder of the month. It is still amazing! When I was in my 20s I could do all of the exercises with ease! Now, well, lets just say this 44 year old body will take it one day at a time. I have a back injury from skiing and a bad hip that gives me problems. Im going to not beat myself up by getting depressed that i am so out of shape but I will take baby steps, do the best I can and know that I am getting stronger and better every day!!
Silvergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Planetbenjamin and Jigglebuster Thank you both so much. I will try both of your suggestions. The floor may be the answer for me so there is no pressure. This is an exercie that I actually love doing and I don't want to use my ankle as a reaso for not doing it. I just finished my 8th hour of Callanetics and I am feeling pretty good.

Here are my stats - apparently I didn't write them down before I started.
LA/RA -14.5"
LL/RL - 29.0"
UA - 42.0" (thumb above belly button)
LA - 48.0" (thumb below belly button)
Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
12/20 Tuesday evening... I'll do another 1 hr this evening.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl68 View Post
Hi, Ive been a lurker on here since January. I found this board from Googling "Callanetics"! I had major success with Callanetics 10/10 in the early 90s when I had the book and the VHS tape. I finally ordered my new 10in10 DVD and started two days ago. So i have completed 2/10 and I hope to do it everyday for the remainder of the month. It is still amazing! When I was in my 20s I could do all of the exercises with ease! Now, well, lets just say this 44 year old body will take it one day at a time. I have a back injury from skiing and a bad hip that gives me problems. Im going to not beat myself up by getting depressed that i am so out of shape but I will take baby steps, do the best I can and know that I am getting stronger and better every day!!
Silver Girl! Its always encouraging to me to see people coming back to miracle Callanetics after years....
Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Just done 14th hour today and done a long walk as well - feeling great
Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Hour #3 of 6 (10/10) in May, done! Still loving it!

I found the stomach exercises harder today, because I'm also doing a Pilates video on alternating days, and it really focuses on tightening the abs.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Did #12 today and that was my goal for the month, so I"m happy. Like many others, I'm doing Super Callanetics and also am doing 2 days of upper body weight lifting at the gym (90 min session) and also walking, HIIT and the elliptical trainer. No change in body/weight or anything yet, so I was so happy the question was asked about when/how many times doing the program did it take to see/feel the changes. I read 19 somewhere, and to hear it's more like 30 makes me feel better because I can't imagine I'm going to see any changes in the next 7 times of doing this.

Like others, I have my good days and the really hard ones. Today was super hard! (did upper body weights and abs yesterday!)

I'm delighted we have so many happy ladies wanting to do this challenge. Thank you all for keeping me on track and "accountable" to you! :-)
Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coupons325
I got another hour in today! Love days that involve Callanetics.

While I would love BIG results even faster than 30 hours, I know that it takes time. Still, Callanetics gives results quicker than anything else I know!
Coupons325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

completed 3/10 this evening! i;m getting so relaxed doing 10in10 right before bed that I have been able to fall asleep fast and sleep like a baby. I just cant do the pelvic rotations, it hurts my left hip! oh well, I do feel great after my workout!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Alrighty, I've only gotten 12 hours done this month. Once again, life has gotten in the way of my exercise. My crazy week is winding down, though, and I will get back to it tonight for hour 13. I have so missed the workout and the de-stressing it causes. I can and will get to my goal this month. I will stick with 10/10, and no Super until next month.

Everyone else is doing so, so great. I am happy for all of you!! Keep it up!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi everyone. Did #12 today and that was my goal for the month, so I"m happy.
SHELLEY!!! Congrats on reaching your goal before the end of the month! I am very happy for you!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverrain View Post
SHELLEY!!! Congrats on reaching your goal before the end of the month! I am very happy for you!
Thanks Jen....we are at the same rate, but I hope that today (in a few minutes) I will be adding #13 to my list. Going to go back to the 10/10 today and see how that feels. Super Callanetics is so hard, but the counter goes so fast! I like it going faster to the 100 pulses!

Everyone is doing great. I think we are pushing each other. I know you are all pushing me to not be lazy!!! Thanks everyone.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

OK...#13 done. I did the 10/10 and was able to get through the entire thing (modifications for some with my knee issues-pelvic tilts, etc.), but after doing Super Callanetics so many times (and unable to do it all), this seemed wonderful and felt good to do it all!!!! If you want to feel really good and have the Super Callanetics, do that one to learn more exercises and then go back to 10/10 and you'll be surprised at how good you are! :-) OK...time to shower and dress for the day. I can't believe some of you do this before bed! Yikes!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qpdoll
Stats: 176/162/138, 5'3",Muscular Med Frame
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2007
Hey everyone!!! I have not been on this thread since 2008 yikes!! I have gained 20 pounds since then...I'm so mad at myself I stopped but no worries I'm back!! yay!! Everyone is so awesome and inspiring. I have done 4 times this week already. Man is this hard. I'm also having a hard time with the waist stretches. I feel like I can't breathe. What am I doing wrong? Also since I gained weight my knees hurt real bad. I can't bend too much.

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in 2 weeks... Can I drop a dress size????? How often should I do this to make that kind of a difference????

I'm soooo excited to be back on track..I hope to never get off again!!! Thank you for all of the encouragement and tips!!!!!!!

Dolly
qpdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #147
Junior LCF Member

I do it before bed, Shelley, because that's when my son is in bed for at least an hour, guaranteed! Well done for getting through all of 10/10.

Welcome back, qpdoll.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpdoll View Post
Hey everyone!!! I have not been on this thread since 2008 yikes!! I have gained 20 pounds since then...I'm so mad at myself I stopped but no worries I'm back!! yay!! Everyone is so awesome and inspiring. I have done 4 times this week already. Man is this hard. I'm also having a hard time with the waist stretches. I feel like I can't breathe. What am I doing wrong? Also since I gained weight my knees hurt real bad. I can't bend too much.

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in 2 weeks... Can I drop a dress size????? How often should I do this to make that kind of a difference????

I'm soooo excited to be back on track..I hope to never get off again!!! Thank you for all of the encouragement and tips!!!!!!!
Hey Dolly, Welcome back! Its never too late to start again. Beautiful picture of you!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Just finished my 9oth hour of 10 in 10. Decided to take pictures after 10 hours and post them with pictures after 20 hours. I am noticing some small improvement with the way my scrubs fit and less bra bulge - yeah :-) Have a great holiday weekend everyone.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone

Hi qpdoll. Wow! 4 hours in a week is a great start -I'm sure if you keep that up you will tone up a lot before you go away.
I know others have said before about "muscle memory" and because you are already familiar with the exercises you should achieve results sooner than you think. I last did the exercises 17 years ago and I just clicked right back into it - callanetics is amazing

I've done my 15th hour today but I doubt I'll fit any more in this month but if I do it will be a bonus. I might have to change from morning to evening exercising if I do. Anyway, I did 10 during April so 25 in total. My goal is to do another 25 hours by the 24th of July which is when the school summer holidays start in England.

Thank you everyone for keeping me going this month