Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   One side of my body larger then the other. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/801965-one-side-my-body-larger-then-other.html)

thismomrockz 04-12-2013 10:34 AM

One side of my body larger then the other.

I use to weigh 281lbs. I am now 210lbs. Here recently I have been working out to tone and get fitter. Trying to work my way back down to 135 and tone my body. I use my treadmill, do weights, do setups and sometimes work out videos. I noticed here in the past few days that my right side is larger then my left. My right waist, hip, tummy, arm and b**** is wider/larger (more fat on it ). If I do weights I always do the same amount of reps on the right as I do on the left. My exercises do not favor one side more then the other. Not really sure if this is normal. Kind of weird. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on how to even out :) About 2 inch's more on the right then my left.

avid 04-24-2013 12:13 PM

I think this is normal.
I workout with weights and cardio and am stronger and better developed on one side than the other. I too will work to try to keep things in balance but we are not perfectly symmetrical beings.

Jigglebuster 05-03-2013 05:28 AM

I know you wrote this a while ago, now, but I thought I'd answer just the same....

It's true, we are not symetrical beings. This is why you see mirrors in gyms, so people can actually check their balance and see themselves working their body evenly, although learning to feel the use of each side of your body as being equal is something very helpful to learn.

Another factor you might not be taking into consideration is your posture. Do you tend to lean to your right side more without realising it? That could add inches easily.

As for the arm difference, this is usually a muscle issue i.e. you might have fairly equal amounts of fat on both arms, but one could have more muscle too, making it larger.

Congratualtions on all the pounds lost!!! That's great! It sounds like you're on your way to a very healthy, strong body!!! :clap:

Spod 05-07-2013 07:30 PM

My trainer has told me it has to do with how I carry my baby around. Your name implies you're a min, so maybe you're baby carrying side is more toned?

Sharss 05-10-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spod (Post 16414131)
My trainer has told me it has to do with how I carry my baby around. Your name implies you're a min, so maybe you're baby carrying side is more toned?

I had a thought today kind of based on the same idea, but with working around the house. I.E. vacuuming, washing windows, etc. I thought of this today when cleaning myself and after my chiropractor told me Wed. about some issues regarding my left hip and leg. I'm unbalanced so I was more observant of my actions/movements and it reminded me of this thread. I'm sure using right side muscles more than left side.

Maybe putting it all together?