Old 04-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/209.9/145 5'4" 34 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Fabulous Jen!!!!! I'll challenge you for May, okay?!

I did #5 today and played around with ways to not have my knees impacted. Found a way to do all the pelvic stuff that worked and made all the "work" to to my thighs which is how it's supposed to. I put my knees on a very thick foam pad (5" thick) and then I put a bolster (about 7"?) under my feet....so my feet were higher than my knees which is exactly backwards from what I figured would happen. But somehow it made me able to lift my derrierre off my feet just a few inches and still have the impact on my thighs and no pain whatsoever in my knees. So, little by little, I will reduce the height of my feet as I progress. So happy to find another "way". Also, I find that when I wake up in the morning, I do those pelvic rotations while lying on my back...really works the abs! ha ha try it!!!

Go Jen!!!!!
Yay, sounds good to me!! We can challenge each other. And you have a great idea with the foam pad and the bolster. I might have to try that! Go Shelley!!

I have gotten in 13/12 so far. I will do another hour today and tomorrow, coming to 15/12. Can't wait!! Still so loving this program!!
Silverrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Jen, you are doing great!!!! I've had 2 days out of the house all day and 2 days of upper body weights and too tired to do more than 6/10 for April so far. And tomorrow is back to the gym with my buddy for weights. I think I'll be lucky to get in 2 a week, but that's what Callan stated was ideal. So, we shall see.

You are going great guns though!!!! Does my weight lifting count? ha ha

I started reading her book "Callanetics Countdown" about how to begin her program and do it for 30 days. ALL her pelvic exercises are done standing and not sitting on your feet until the last week of the month! And the ones on your toes with your heels together and doing the "plies" (knee bends with pelvic tilts) and not done on toes or with your feet together for the first couple weeks. So, for those of us that got the 10/10 or the other videos, we are basically beginning at the intermediate level starting out. Super Callanetics is advanced.....am going to buy it for later. Still can't do some of it, but others I can do the 100 pulses with no problems. I do love the form of exercise though! (but also love my upper body weights!!!) (Jen, I'm nearly double your age!!!!!) :-)
Old 04-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Oh wow! I didn't know that! I have done the plie exercises with my feet further than hip-width apart, and I go down like that because it hurts my knees way less. I am hoping I will advance enough to be able to do the exercises as stated, but I won't be disappointed if that doesn't happen. Still feeling much stronger! I think you are doing very well, Shelley! Your weight exercises do count - definitely don't sell yourself short on that. Do as much as you can with what you love to do, and it will all work out in the end. I am looking forward to May and the challenges it brings, and I look forward to working with you during that time. Will possibly start Super Callanetics next month, if I'm feeling up to it!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
20/30 yesterday. I generally do in the evening and post in the morning. I'm getting quite a few compliments about my weight loss now. Not sure how much of it has to do with 10/10 because I've been walking also, but I know Callanetics is a contributing factor.

Enjoy your stretches everybody!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inmemoryofmolly
5/10 for the month of April. I am so inspired by the results of those of you who do it almost everyday, especially you sldeal. I'll try to do that this coming May. walking/running+callanetics everyday I can except during my period. I hope it works for me.
inmemoryofmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deosil
Stats: 290/221/138 & 5'6"
WOE: Induction (Paleo), JUDDD & IF w/BPC!
Start Date: Jan 11 2013
Well end of the month and I only really have done 4 hours total since starting a couple of weeks ago. I hope to do better in the May thread!
Deosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/?/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I thought I posted something this morning.... Oh well.

You all did so well!!!

Shelley, thanks for posting about the differences in the book. It makes em think I might want to get one for myself.

I managed to squeeze in 9 hours total in the latter half of the month, much more than I thought I would, but I'm soooo inflexible (more than ever before), that I wanted to get to that point when I would actually feel like I wanted "to learn how to relax even more". And I did it! I think it finally got me yesterday.

Anyway, today I was ecstatic, because during the stomach exercises I could straighten my legs! It was just for a moment, before I had to bend them again, and only for the single leg raises, but I couldn't do even that before today. It's hard to believe I used to do Super.

See you next month!!!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 184 hours (8/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 04-30-2013 at 02:31 PM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

I'm with everyone else that started mid-April and/or was sick. I have done 7 sessions and had so much fun reading the review of Super Callanetics on amazon....Kyra Sedgewick posted how she does Super Callanetics and how it has more exercises and you just do what you can.....if it's the same "kyra" as in the TV actress and wife of Kevin Bacon, it sure makes you realize how she keeps that shape of hers with age and kids!!! Ah....I can only dream.

sldeal....you are amazing!!!!!! I can't imagine doing it every day, but I have to pace myself with heavy weight lifting 3 days a week and tomorrow I am beginning a cardio dance class...we'll see if I can keep up with it. I'm trying to mix it all up and "shock" my body into behaving and leaning out!

Jen, you did the ideal thing with the placement of the legs on the plies and pelvic tilts. She says that with time the feet will come closer together and the depth of the bends will increase. So....good going!!!!!

Seems like several of us are doing a variety of different forms of exercise throughout the week. Let's make May a great month of consistency no matter what we choose to do, but if we are to do 2 sessions a week (per Callan somewhere!), that would be 9 a month minimum. So, the 10/10 starting at the beginning of the month is a great goal! And we definitely have some overachievers that I love hearing from!!! :-)
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

OK ladies (I think we are all ladies at the moment), shall we make ourselves a challenge? To do 10 sessions in May. And also take our measurements tomorrow morning....decide which ones....bust, waist, hips, abdomen, thigh, mid upper arm??? And then see how much we each will lose adding them all up at the last day of May? I always need to be challenged and have some sort of "competition" with someone else as doing it with myself never works. We do NOT need to post our measurements...only what we lose! Anyone want to play with me starting tomorrow?

Jigglebuster...You are doing great!!!! I got the book on amazon in the "used book" section for $4 plus the $3.99 S&H fee. Not bad at all. I also understand there is a DVD that tells the "secrets" and was done mostly for teachers to have "options". It's not expensive, but I have opted to just "wing it" with what I have already and what others in this thread have to share. If anyone has any questions about the book or a specific exercise, we need to ask each other. Deal???
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Just finished my last hour for April, I'm 21/30.

Shelly - I'm in, I just have to make sure I get up early enough to take measurements. The only thing that keeps me motivated right now is my vacation coming up late June. My goal will be 23 hrs.

Happy stretching all!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Alrighty, I made 15 sessions for April. Going for 24 sessions in May. I might switch to Super Callanetics halfway through the month, depending on how I'm feeling.

Unfortunately I didn't see the challenge of measurements before I got to work, but I will take my measurements tomorrow morning. I would love to see the difference by the end of the month.

I'm proud of everyone for doing so well this month. Keep it up, and let's all have a great May!!
Silverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

click below to go to May Callanetics Challenge

CALLANETICS Challenge MAY 2013