Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   free weights? Toning? Women. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/799989-free-weights-toning-women.html)

oceanlover66 03-20-2013 08:10 PM

free weights? Toning? Women.

I have been doing cardio. I have a set of free weights. (they are in a carrying case, so not very big). I need to know how to use them properly to tone all parts of my body. Any youtube recommendations or DVD's?

NH_Free 03-23-2013 05:55 AM

Can't really help you with a recommendation. I lifted weights years ago, so I remember proper form usually. I just googled "weights for triceps", weights for biceps", etc. to remind me which exercises did what and a bunch of youtube videos come up in the search results.

peretroika 03-23-2013 12:26 PM

How many pounds are your weights? Mine are 8lbs. There used to be loads of videos on Netflix that they took down :( but I usually do something like this:
10-Minute Arm Workout Video
Another good thing to do for a more whole body workout, is squats and lunges while lifting the weights laterally.

MagieDen 03-24-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peretroika (Post 16332351)
How many pounds are your weights? Mine are 8lbs. There used to be loads of videos on Netflix that they took down :( but I usually do something like this:
Another good thing to do for a more whole body workout, is squats and lunges while lifting the weights laterally.

Thank you for posting this, I have been doing upper body workouts while sitting at the computer or watching television so this workout video will work for me.

MSN08 03-24-2013 08:22 PM

All I can offer is don't be afraid of lifting heavier weight :)

KOO 03-24-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peretroika (Post 16332351)

Thank you for posting this. I will try doing it. All I have are two 10 lb. kettlebells which would be hard to use the way they do so I need to get some weights. Do you do this everyday or every other day?

peretroika 03-26-2013 04:08 AM

So glad I could help!
Quote:

Originally Posted by KOO (Post 16334451)
Thank you for posting this. I will try doing it. All I have are two 10 lb. kettlebells which would be hard to use the way they do so I need to get some weights. Do you do this everyday or every other day?

Every other day! You might be able to do it every day but I would give your muscles a day to rest and build. I only work out with weights about 20-30 minutes every other day but eventually I'll build up, and I already see a difference in my arms, strength, and especially thighs (from the squats and lunges)

KOO 03-26-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peretroika (Post 16336544)
So glad I could help!

Every other day! You might be able to do it every day but I would give your muscles a day to rest and build. I only work out with weights about 20-30 minutes every other day but eventually I'll build up, and I already see a difference in my arms, strength, and especially thighs (from the squats and lunges)

Fantastic! Thanks for the info!