LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sling73
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
Tracy Anderson Mat Workout?

Has anyone tried this? I found it at my local Walmart and I wonder if anyone has tried this. I have done it twice and I have to say, this is awesome. It is not for the faint of heart. I will say that she does not cue very well, so you have to watch her to see what she is doing and she doesn't talk very much which I really like. I figure after doing it a few more times I won't need to be cued anyway. I cannot do all of the reps that she does, but that is something I can work towards. Has anyone tried anything by Tracy Anderson?
sling73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I've tried some of her stuff but never stuck with it. You will def see results of you commit to it at least three times a week. Her post pregnancy abs DVD always kills me that'd be a nice add in as well. Good luck!
krissakris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Video Vixen

Gallery: MLE777
Stats: 151/145/122 5'2"
WOE: Sugar Detox
Start Date: 6/23/14
I own about 200 workout dvds {blush} Of the 200, I have a list of about 10 that I will NEVER get rid of. TA's Mat Workout is on that list. I love the arm work in it and I love the music. All (well, most) of the arm work is in counts of 8 (since she's a dancer), so that helped me to catch on a little bit quicker. I also really like the standing ab work as well. I'm not as big of a fan of the floor ab work, so I usually turn the workout off after the floor lower body work.

DH and I before our 1st Tough Mudder. I am a three-time Tough Mudder
Emily

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. -Earl of Derby
MLE777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Yes, I've done a lot of her videos. They're different, but quite effective I agree about her cueing. The dance cardio one is the worst with that.
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
Tracy's Mat DVD is terrific!!! I have done her Metamorphosis program and some of Continuity. I love the Mat workout (particularly the arm segment) and also her Post Pregnancy DVD. I've never had a baby, but the ab segment is about 20 minutes and very complete.
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Toaster
I got this a couple of months ago and think it's a great workout; I enjoy the moves and love the music! Unfortunately, I don't know if Tracy's lower body work actually works for me: I was doing this workout 3-4x week for awhile with no results. I actually joined this board because I wound up adding in Callanetics instead and found those threads here. However, I am still using Mat occasionally and have been adding in the arms work in particular--I definitely think I am seeing some results from those segments.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Toaster
I looked at the arms workout on youtube- looks pretty good, but as others have said her cueing seems lacking.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote