Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Coop229
Barre Workout DVD'S Vs. Fluidity

Hi,

I saw the fluidity workout system on HSN the other night and although they offered a $139.00 discount I resisted and passed (I just can't invest right now in any workout equipment). I am however doing t-tapp, callanetics, and Ballet Beautiful (not at the same time). I find all three workouts have a great impact on reshaping your body. But my question is to users of the Fluidity system that have tried other barre methods, is the investment worth it? Also, will just adding a standalone bar in your home be just as effective. Thanks in advance for your answers to my questions.

Coop
Coop229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
from what I have read, Fluidity workouts/bar are not going to be any MORE effective that other barre-type workouts.

But I DO understand the appeal of the bar. Those infomercials are soooo convincing! LOL

A great resource/forum for video-related questions like this is VideoFitness.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Hi Kiley,

Thanks for the reply and the forum info. Those infomercials do make everything sound soooo good.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
JLA
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JLA
Just a thought - Have you checked Craigslist? Seen several people mention finding Fluidity Workout/bar for next to nothing there.
JLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Hi JLA

It can't hurt to check in once in a while to see if anyone wants to part with their machine. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lvbarre
I had a stand alone barre and got rid of it when I bought the Fluidity Bar. It does make a difference but nothing you can't live without. It's sturdy and isn't going to fall over but it's a space hog. Fluidity makes me feel safer and that works for me. The workouts are just like any other barre workout basically but since Michelle trained with Lotte Berk the setup of the exercises might be a little better.
lvbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Hi Ivbarre,

Thanks for the review. I read some of the reviews on hsn.com and they also stated they liked the system but the bar is too heavy and it takes up space. I think I will just stick to the dvd's for now. Thanks again for all responses.

Coop
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I love the fluidity bar for my p57 workouts...I snagged mine for $60 from Clist (it was listed for $25 but I offered more bc I really wanted it). I don't think it's that heavy its about 50lbs but it's well made and def beats using a chair. I'd def recommend clist
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote