Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   Anyone doing CURVES? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/799167-anyone-doing-curves.html)

marieze 03-10-2013 10:24 PM

Anyone doing CURVES?

Here's the deal....I live in a condo assoc. where we have to pay dues which includes a clubhouse with a full gym and pool, tennis courts etc. it's really lovely.
It's about $60.00 per month AND mandatory for the community whether you use it or not.

I would prefer to go to the local curves where I really like the music, 30 minute workout and that it's just women. The thought of paying or two gyms is insane though.

How much does curves cost? Anyone have any idea?

Ntombi 03-11-2013 01:33 AM

I don't, but the Curves in this area have all closed down in the last couple of years.

shaunbeatscarbs 03-17-2013 03:57 PM

do you have a planet fitness your area? its $10- 20 a month and they have a 30 minute workout room (which is semi-private) that is pretty much a curves workout. It's co-ed but its a safe environment..they will ask people that are "throwing their weight around" ie dropping weights, grunting, etc to stop or leave. They also don't have the heavier equipment that attracts obnoxious gym goers.

Keptewe 04-03-2013 01:31 PM

Hey marieze....I belong to Curves and I absolutely LOVE it. I belonged about 7 years ago but when my life changed, I quit. I rejoined this past January and this time I am doing Curves Complete which is a program that includes doing the circuit, a diet plan and personal counseling. It costs me about $60.00/month. I think it is around $29.00/month if you just want to use the circuit. The extra is worth it to me because I really need a comprehensive plan and accountability. I find that the circuit in conjunction with walking 4-5 miles/day is the right combination for me to FINALLY lose weight and get strong! Hope this helps :).

peretroika 04-04-2013 05:55 PM

My mom did Curves and I've gone with her a couple times. It was great for her and she loved it and got a lot out of it. I think it depends on what you want out of a gym. It's not for me...for example, they talk to you and encourage you while you do your exercise, which I hated- I like to zone out and de stress. You do the exercise for a really short time and only for 30 minutes, total! I don't like my workouts so regulated.

So YMMV! Do you have a Lucille Roberts? That's a women's only gym that I have heard good things about.

raytamtay3 04-05-2013 12:58 PM

Hi! I belong to Curves and I love it! I go during my lunch break. In and out. I burn 400+ because I work out hard.

CTH 04-05-2013 01:27 PM

My wife went to Curves after our first son was born about 9 years ago. She loved it and I was amazed at the results. It sounded like a good program... especially for those who don't want to go a gym with a bunch of muscle-heads and stick-women!