LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ragnar
Stats: 257 / 244 / 179
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January, 2013
Starvation?

Let me preface this with a caveat... I am new to LCHF and watching what I eat in general. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and I think I might just be confusing myself.

My DW and I started on Atkins about 6 weeks ago. I picked up Art and Science of Low Carb Performance and decided I need to do more than just LCHF. I needed to eat more whole foods, shop on the outside of the store, etc. I don't consider myself Atkins now bc Atkins didn't (for what I could see) restrict anything but the carbs. I am not sure what program I am on.

I started at 257lbs and am now at 244lbs. (where I have been for a week) with a goal of 179lbs.

I am pretty active. I walk at lunch and then again when I get home. I spend 1 - 1.5 hrs on the bike every other day and get a big ride in on the weekends.

I do kettlebells or a heavy bag routine a couple times a week. That should be more, but I have 4 kids and I am tired!

So, I wasn't losing until I realized I was eating way too much protein. I started a food diary on a site to watch my percentages.

I don't know my RMR. I know that I should be under somewhat of a caloric restriction to lose weight, but I am wondering if I am cutting too many calories out. Is there a way to tell?

I am in Ketosis (ketone strip, not blood ketone). Most days I am not hungry, but every now and then I just feel like I am starving. I am tired a lot of the time, but I think that is because with my kids activities, I am burning the candle at both ends.

How do you gauge what is enough of a calorie deficit to lose weight while not cannibalizing muscle?

Thanks for your help!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ragnar
Stats: 257 / 244 / 179
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January, 2013
Crickets but no worries!

I went and talked to our fitness coordinator at work and Thursday I am getting a Resting Metabolic Rate test and LT test.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
to LCF. Maybe post this on the mail lobby; it gets way more traffic and more people will see it.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote