Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   Move-It-Move it in March (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/798117-move-move-march.html)

Deb 02-28-2013 05:04 PM

Move-It-Move it in March

Havent had a move it thread for a while

post what-ever moving your doing ..walking..running..yoga..

as long as your moving :)

lets get accountable:jumpjoy:

and drink our water

Texas Cowgirl 02-28-2013 05:23 PM

Deb, I'll join you on the Move-It! :clap: I especially need the reminder about drinking the water. Haven't been doing enough of that lately, and I think I'll get a tall glass of it right now! :up:

Deb 02-28-2013 05:25 PM

:shake: TC im with you

its so nice to see you..everything ok?

im going to try and find a sight that tells me how much water we should be drinking a day....

Deb 02-28-2013 05:29 PM

oh sure they had to ask about the wine:sad:

:lol:

4 liters for me

Hydration Calculator: How Much Water Should You Drink Today?

CJMO 02-28-2013 05:38 PM

I'm in.

55-66 oz for me.

Moms part tree :stars:

Deb 02-28-2013 06:52 PM

yes Cheryl i do think your mom is part tree:eek:

glad your here:high5:

shelby'snana 02-28-2013 11:34 PM

I'm here. Just saving me a place ...... :)

misty1028 03-01-2013 04:27 AM

Count me in, I need to get back to more exercise. It's been so cold and snowy that I've been skipping the gym but I do exercise videos. Want to start walking again too

Deb good post on the water amounts. It says I should have 4.2 lts. And I thought I was drinking plenty. Looks I'm going to get alot of exercise running to the bathroom.

Cheryl you have to drink alot of water too. Guess we should set up our computor in the bathroom:rofl:

Deb 03-01-2013 07:47 AM

Nice to see everyone:sing::love::sing::love:

:hyst: Misty.....so true....we will all get our going to the bathroom workouts

when i lost my 60 lbs ..a while back now...i had a little trick

every time i went to the bathroom i did jumping jacks

started with i think 10 and worked my way up to a bunch

:D

today is a big cleaning day in the house
laundry room..a apartment..all 15 floors need vac'd

and i will take the stairs:)
filling up my 2 liter bottle

i think i will treat myself to a new water bottle at costco tomorrow
funny how a new water bottle can help:dunno:

Deb 03-01-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby'snana (Post 16287611)
I'm here. Just saving me a place ...... :)

You must enter that pix on your avi in a contest:love:

she is so beautiful and what a great picture

shelby'snana 03-01-2013 08:06 AM

aw... thanks . I love that sweet girl <3

I have been exercising in the bathroom at work too !!!! haha !
Doing 10 leg lifts on each leg and 10 wall push ups .......and I go to the bathroom all the time.....I drink tons !!!
They are probably wondering what I'm doing in there so long........... hehehe :)

Rbenz 03-01-2013 08:33 AM

:hiya:
Count me in too!:)
Off 2 Yoga I go & an afternoon session of Skiing!

Deb 03-01-2013 10:09 AM

Too funny Laura:lol:

Hey Pat..wow your going to have a great workout day..have fun !!

CJMO 03-01-2013 12:26 PM

Deb get the place all cleaned up? That's a workout! I vacuumed and got laundry caught up.

I'm wearing a pedometer to make sure I get up and about enough. I can't seem to work out without pain flair ups so this seems to be helping.

Misty I don't have to take my puter to the bathroom. I always have my iPhone. :D

Texas Cowgirl 03-01-2013 06:39 PM

Long morning at the healthcenter for me. I started with Pilates class, followed with 30 minutes treadmilling, then 30 biking and 20 waterwalking, running and "noodling" in the pool. I didn't do laps because I didn't want to get my hair wet and couldn't stay longer because I had to shower and get pretty to go out for lunch with the Pilates group! :rofl:

It was my first time this year in the pool. It's indoor and heated, but I tend to get bronchitis and other respiratory problems in the winter, so I stayed out this winter. But I've missed it lots and will be getting back to laps and water aerobics classes, too!

Have a great weekend, y'all! We're just staying home and gardening and other home projects. Dh is building a couple of wildlife observation shelters in the pastures. :)

Knittering 03-02-2013 06:25 AM

Oh yikes, I'm apparently supposed to be drinking 
 127.5 ounces a day? Wow, that seems like a lot.

Anyhow, I'm going to be mostly focused on Callanetics but alternating with Tae-Bo and Hula tapes for fun. :) I have to get up really, really early to carve out an hour of kid-free exercise time, but I figure the earlier I'm going to bed, the less tempted I'll be to snack in the evening.

Rbenz 03-02-2013 08:24 AM

I ended up not going skiing after all yesterday. Got out of the mood.:dunno:
I don't count my water intake. I figure I drink enough everyday.

TC~Wow!:notwrthy:

CJ~I used to wear my pedometer all the time & became addicted to it!:eek: I was on a pedo/walking thread here a while back where we would post our distances everyday & then total up @ the end of the month. I had to quit because it became annoying after a while!:eek: I still use it when I do walks in the Hood.;)

Knittering~Hear ya on the snacking.:stars:

You guys & the Bathroom Exercising!:laugh: Guess you gotta do what cha gotta do!

It's Yoga again today.

Deb 03-02-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 16290254)
Oh yikes, I'm apparently supposed to be drinking 
 127.5 ounces a day? Wow, that seems like a lot.

Im glad i found that link....im sure all of us were a little shocked at the amounts we should be drinking

and:welcome:

glad you joined us
we are a fun...kinda crazy bunch:p

well some of us are crazy:D

Deb 03-02-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Cowgirl (Post 16289693)
Long morning at the healthcenter for me. I started with Pilates class, followed with 30 minutes treadmilling, then 30 biking and 20 waterwalking, running and "noodling" in the pool.

:clap::notwrthy:

Cheryl i did get the place cleaned up...but its so big by the time im done i have to start over:)
Have a nice time at the Lake-house:high5:

Hi Pat ..
seems like you have been yoga'in for a long time now..:up: how long has it been?

Deb 03-02-2013 04:16 PM

PLAN,,,

sunday--bow-flex
monday-- 5k tread at the y
tuesday--bow-flex
wed--yoga
thursday--run..depending on weather tread or out
friday--bow-flex

there

CJMO 03-02-2013 06:28 PM

I took LD on 2 walks today.

:welcome: knit.

I'm having problems with my pedometer. It's an old one I dug out. I doesn't keep time well. And it automatically returns to 0 at midnight. Only midnight comes about 18 hours. :stars::lol:

I wish I could do yoga. I think. It may sound more fun in my head than reality. :dunno: I've only tried DVD ones. Living 30-45 minutes from town I know I won't go to any classes. Dr. wants me to try water aerobics. But that would take a huge chunk of my day when figure in drive time + class time. Plus work.

TC. Wow. When you exercise you exercise! Makes my statement look sorry. :o

Rbenz 03-02-2013 06:51 PM

Deb~Umm...doing Yoga consistently for about 4yrs. now?!

CJ~Swimming would torch me! Umm...wash ur hair every freaking time u swim?! NOT!;)
LOL...on the screwy Pedi! Get a new 1! Snort!:laugh:

CJMO 03-02-2013 06:58 PM

I hadn't thought about the hair! My highlights would prolly turn green? :lol:

Rbenz 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

:laugh: Snort! Green!:laugh:

Texas Cowgirl 03-02-2013 08:55 PM

:welcome: knit! We're glad you're with us and we are looking forward to getting to know you! I'm a married, retired teacher and administrator living in South Texas (think of between Houston and Corpus Christi). I never learned to knit, but my grandmother taught me to crochet and embroider when she could get me down from the trees; I was a tomboy, but she was determined to teach me some ladies' skills! :rofl:

And. ladies, I don't deserve much praise for my exercising. I spent extra time at the healthcenter yesterday because I was killing time until our Pilates group went out to lunch together! :lol: But I did order low carb and resisted the freebie bread and dipping oil! :high5:

I am fortunate enough to belong to a fantastic healthcenter -- my doctor calls it the "Gucci Gym." A lot of people complain because it is "too nice!" :dunno: It is luxurious and more like a spa than a gym, the most expensive place in town, but worth it! I'll scrimp on other things in order to pay the fees there! :) But I don't go into town on weekends when I can avoid it, so today my exercise was gardening. I cleaned out two raised beds and worked in lots of compost. Tomorrow I'll plant potatoes. I'm a little late on this since Valentine's Day is the traditional day for planting potatoes and pruning roses here. I also watered all the producing beds, the roses and the grapes and fruit trees. So all that counts as exercise, right? :lol:

Keep moving this weekend, everyone! :jumpjoy:

misty1028 03-03-2013 07:29 AM

Got my water in, not as bad as I thought and did the full dvd of Yoga. Starting to really enjoy it when I can't make it to the gym. Plus my usual exercise of shoveling:eek:

:welcome:knittering.

Cheryl maybe once summer comes you can to water arobics at the lake. I don't go to the gym in the summer, just think I get plenty of exercise on the lake.

Pat I just started doing yoga from a DVD. My neighbor gives me so many exercise tapes that I been trying. Don't know why she buys them all the time and never uses them. She does the samething with cookbooks. The one I'm doing now is supposed to be for your back and since I have back trouble I thought I start there.

Tex wish we had a gym like yours, I'd love it. Sometimes when I go stay at DS house I go to there gym and they have everything and I feel so good after. I never go to the gym on weekends either, it's just always so crowded. I can't wait to garden, that's enjoyable exercise.

Deb nice exercise schedule.

Knittering 03-03-2013 07:53 AM

Thanks for the welcomes, Deb, Cheryl, Cowgirl, and Misty! :D :D :D

I got up at 5:30 today to do my Callanetics. It's interesting exercising so early (before my morning coffee, even) -- it's almost like that hour is "out of time" and not even part of the rest of my day.

This week's plan:
Sun: Callanetics
Mon: Tae-bo
Tues: Callanetics
Weds: Hula
Thurs: Callanetics
Fri: Tae-bo

(And I'm a nearly-40 mother of two children with special needs. I live in a very rural area, so all exercise is done with tapes, not classes. In the evenings I like to knit, both because I love to create things and because if I'm using my hands to knit, I can't be stuffing my face, lol!)

Deb 03-03-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJMO (Post 16291789)
I took LD on 2 walks today.

I'm having problems with my pedometer.

Lucky L/D :love:

i have bought 3 pedometers and they were all junk..let me know if you find a good one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbenz (Post 16291829)
Deb~Umm...doing Yoga consistently for about 4yrs. now

:high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbenz (Post 16291853)
:laugh: Snort! Green!:laugh:

whats wrong with green hair:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Cowgirl (Post 16291999)

ladies, I don't deserve much praise for my exercising.

YES u do:shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty1028 (Post 16292359)
Got my water in, not as bad as I thought and did the full dvd of Yoga. Starting to really enjoy it when I can't make it to the gym.

GOOD for you Misty ! nice to find something you enjoy and i found it nice to find something different.I may think of getting a dvd also so i can yoga more than once a week.:high5: STILL shoveling:eek::annoyed:..but its good workout:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 16292406)

This week's plan:
Sun: Callanetics
Mon: Tae-bo
Tues: Callanetics
Weds: Hula
Thurs: Callanetics
Fri: Tae-bo

NICE !! I love tae-bo:heart:

misty1028 03-03-2013 09:49 AM

Michelle I hear you, I'm in the country too actually in the Mts. but if the weathers not bad I can make it to the gym. But have alot of DVDs that a neighbor keeps giving me. I crochet during the winter and like you said keeps are hands from eating:agree: I always get my exercises in during the morning before I get lazy.

Deb I didn't realize you went to yoga classes that's great doing it with other people. More motivating.

Deb 03-03-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty1028 (Post 16292646)
Deb I didn't realize you went to yoga classes that's great doing it with other people. More motivating.

yep...wed at the ymca at 6:30 and im pushing for a friday class

i have to get my workout done first thing too or i wont do it:cool: