Old 02-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
Cyclists!

What are you doing?

I have been doing 2 high intensity workouts on my trainer per week, I'm up to 2.25 hours. It is a very simple workout, starts off with spin ups based on cadence per time (50-120 rpm for 1 min each 5rpm interval; 70-150rpm with 5rpm per 15 sec), one leg drills (low gear, high cadence and high gear, low cadence)--LOTS of one leg drills, and then standing at a high gear/low cadence until I puke, with surges adding to the cadence in case I haven't puked yet.

I haven't actually puked yet, but I get very close. I still have a hard time standing 30 min straight, but I can definitely stand for a solid 10 min before I have to sit for a min.

Tomorrow I get to go for a little bike ride OUTSIDE! In the woods! Because all of the snow is gone!!! I plan to do my mtb drills and a nice light ride on my singlespeed.

Yesterday I went on a really strenuous, steep hike for 5 hours, it was great except the way down was very slippery and I didn't have snowshoes on.. it was a mix of slick soil and slush and icy rock!

I have also been xc skiing with my new backcountry skis, haven't done much downhill yet, but I have a ton of lift tickets burning a hole in my pocket.

So, what is everyone else doing for training? Any races planned? I'm super excited because I am going to be racing Singlespeedapalooza in April. My first race is April 21 and I feel very fit already!
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

*crickets*

I hope everyone is too busy on their trainers to post up!

I just found out that I have been volunteered to join my new teammates on a biking adventure. We are going to ride 90 miles through the Adirondacks to Lake Placid, stay overnight, then ride back the next day. In March. All I can say is... *brrr*. This is going to be an experience.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ab1ht
Stats: 160+/143/sub-140 (stretch goal)
WOE: Eating what Mother Nature provides
Start Date: December 2007
Hey there,

I only check into this board about once a month.

Still too cold (for me) in New England to bike. More like the roads are still too sucky. Been on the Cybex Arc trainer nearly day at lunch. I should be in good shape for when the weather gets better.
ab1ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

It is not too cold to bike. I went biking for an hour on one of the coldest days (high of 8F during my ride) so far! I was thinking about biking outdoors today, but the nasty weather and an oncoming cold/sinus thing kept me indoors. Instead, I did a 45 minute slow easy warm up and a 1 hour Sufferfest video. Yesterday was pretty cool, I've been doing these high intensity workouts and they include 30 min standing/climbing sections with surges and I was able to do the most amount of standing and the greatest number of surges. I guess I improve every workout, but sometimes I have a bad workout and I can't stand for as long. Tomorrow night is spin class 1 hour easy and Friday is another HIT workout, my long one. Saturday is a rest day and Sunday I hope to go mountain biking.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ragnar
Stats: 257 / 244 / 179
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January, 2013
Just letting you know that your not alone. There are other cyclists out there.

Right now I am just working on my aerobase. I am doing 1.5 hr rides 4Xweek keeping my hr well below LT. I do 80 min Spinnervals Aerobase Builder once per week.

Next week I am going to start a once-per-week intensity ride with Spinnervals.

I have a 300K ride coming up in May, so I better get hot!

Too much snow and ice to ride outside!

Ragnar
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

holy crap that is a lot of k!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ragnar
Stats: 257 / 244 / 179
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by creseis View Post
holy crap that is a lot of k!
Yeah... I am not fast, but I can go for a good while.

I did a 200K last year and it took me about 9.5 hrs including rest stops. In order to get credit for finishing, I had to finish under 13 hours. The 300k has to be completed in less than 20 hours. I am not sure my butt can handle more than 15 hours, though.

Each pound I lose makes a HUGE difference. There is no way I could keep up with someone speedy like you!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I'm not that fast :P I can't imagine sitting on my bike for more than say 7 hours. I think my back would break or I'd end up at the next bar drinking a cold beer!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I am doing my big ride this weekend. I have not been consistently below 50 g carbs over the last 2 weeks, I have had accidents like 1 or 2 meals per week. I don't want to bonk . I have a full shipment from my new sponsor, gu, that I haven't touched, it contains lots of gels, electrolytes, and recovery shake mixes. I plan to snack on Atkins bars, cheese sticks, and nuts, but to bring some gu just in case. I plan to eat eggs with cheese and peppers and turkey sausage for breakfast. What do u think?