LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ss1
Stats: 160/137/130-125
Start Date: september 2012
Insanity program HELP!

Before i started low carb, I did the insanity workout without changing my diet (BIG MISTAKE) now that im on low carb, I want to do insanity again to gain muscle and lose this last bit of stubborn fat. I keep my carbs around 20 per day. I have been researching this and get conflicting information. Some people say to do insanity or HIIT while low carbing, others recommend a refeed and others say to NOT to it at all because your body will eat your muscle for fuel. ugh its a little frustrating. Do I low carb and do insanity or not!?
ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tnic22
I did insanity also but made the same mistake of not changing my diet... Not results I was looking for. my husband however did clean up his eating. He ate carbs but "cleaner" carbs. Ie. whole grains, whole wheat etc. but he did not eat carbs later in the day. His results were amazing!! He neede the carbs to fuel his workouts. So in my opinion I think you should eat some carbs. Hope that helps.
tnic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Thanks that does help, I just dont want to do more harm than good. Maybe ill try eating a little higher carbs before i work out but vlc the rest of the day, that is if I end up doing it.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tnic22
That is pretty much what he did! Good luck, thinking of starting again myself!
tnic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
once you get into fat burning.. you do not need carbs to fuel a workout..
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbHarb
Stats: 195/138/130
WOE: LCHF - Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: October 2011
I started low carb almost a year before I did Insanity. I didn't have any trouble. I just made sure I kept my protein and fat content up to get me through the workouts and had carbs immediately after my workouts to replenish glycogen stores.
LowCarbHarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I did low carb the first time I did insanity as well. I was mostly low but if I for hungry I'd allow myself to have a kashi bar which I found out later had more carbs/sugar than I'd have liked. I got great results so I'd say try it. Maybe have a healthy/higher carb refeed once a week instead of eating junk.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
ss1
Senior LCF Member

alright thanks guys. I hate working out but my body doesnt seem to want to let go of the fat anymore. I figure insanity will give me the results the quickest though, so id rather do that then. Heres to hoping the last 10 finally come off!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gaelen
I love Insanity, however I found that the strain it was putting my body under meant I was sick all the time. I took that as an indication of my diet rather than my body to the exercise as before it I was Kickboxing 4 times a week.

I've tried numerous types of diet, paleo, plant based, Atkins and they all had different issues for me. I'm intolerant to wheat, gluten and dairy, so the majority of the time I will follow a paleoesque diet but on training days I introduce lentils and buckwheat pasta. This gives me the energy to work out properly and stops me feeling cranky as well.
Gaelen is offline   Reply With Quote