Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: d_samy2003
Pregnant and Want to exercise

hi there.
i just found out that I am 2 wks pregnant right before after i decided it's time to lose weight. I am about 40 pounds overweight and in addition to walking I am torn between 10 min. prenatal pilates and summer sanders. which do you suggest? also I am open for more suggestions from others who have been where I am now.

btw, i haven't been doing any strenght/flexibility exercises for about 2 years now.

Last edited by d_samy2003; 02-10-2013 at 04:17 AM..
d_samy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Purrgirl
Stats: 146/128 5'6
WOE: Vegetarian
I have a personal trainer 3 times a week and do strength training. I'm nearly 21 weeks pregnant. I would check with your doctor and see what they recommend.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Purrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
It is actually very good to do exercise while pregnant, especially core body weights. It is important to be fit for childbirth. You might want to purchase a heart rate monitor, you can find a simple Polar HR wristband and strap monitor for like $40 I think and check out where your heart rate should be at during exercise. Some doctors are very superstitious about exercise, but others are more pro-exercise. Definitely consult your doctor, you don't want to over do it, but I hate seeing my pregnant friends stop everything because they are afraid something will happen because that is certainly worse than adding a little exercise.
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kriss
Stats: 145/142/115
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/3/14
Exercise is healthy when preggers!!! Always talk to your doctor of coarse, but after I had my daughter i ended up being lighter than when i found out I was preggers!

Just remember your not "eating for two" That is an old wives tale and how women get fat when pregnant.
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karrotcurl
Stats: 254/157/149
WOE: Atkins-OWL
Start Date: January 2010
I ran up through my third trimester. It was a lot harder but helped me stay healthy and keep from gaining a ton of weight (like I did with my first child). I'm now almost 9 weeks postpartum and only have 10 lbs to my goal weight. Listen to your body and don't overdo it and certainly talk to your doctor. I was already running 3-4 times a week before getting pregnant so keeping up that pace wasn't a bad thing... However most docs will warn not to START a program (of any kind) if you aren't use to the frequency/intensity. Pilates is good, but don't do too much ab work. Stick to planks for your core strength rather than crunches.
karrotcurl is offline   Reply With Quote