LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 222/222/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
Anyone here Jazzersize...?

Can a older (almost 60) and larger (227)do this type of workout? Dont want to be making a butt of myself with alot of little chippies..

Thanks
Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
I did it for a long time! Loved it The center had a WIDE range of participants. Best part is, no mirrors! Such a great environment to dance your heart out. I usually burned 500-600 cals too.
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jebber
Stats: 188.8/181.6/135
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Forever starting 6/1/14
Yes! You might want to start with a BodySculpting class if the center offers that format. It will get you going and there's no "dancing" involved.

The moves may seem hard at first, but if you keep going you will see there is a definate pattern to their classes and they repeat the moves often so you get used to them

I do low impact myself and it's much easier. You can make the workouts what you want. I say, grab a friend and go!!!

Forgot to say...I'm 50 and there are many ladies there who are older than me. We have one lady who comes back from Florida each summer...she is in her 70's!!!!

Last edited by Jebber; 02-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: More info..
Jebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Can a older (almost 60) and larger (227)do this type of workout? Dont want to be making a butt of myself with alot of little chippies..

Thanks
Vicki
Why not??Age is all a matter of the mind...You would do fine in a JazzerSize class,heck go for Zumba...plenty of different ages in my class 16-70 plus.I think its really cool when I see someone older really enjoying life,kwim??
Chippies...lol,never heard of that one.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
After YEARS of running, I stopped and started jazzercise. Loved it but after a few weeks my knees were killing me. I can still run but bouncing up and own ruined my knees. Be careful. I can't do squats or kneel down. Looking for things under furniture is a nightmare.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkepticalMe
I Jazzercise, with low impact

I joined Jazzercise in January -- they were having a special -- and I have a 12-month contract.

Like Nelle Belle, I also have bad knees and can't do all of the hopping required. I just do low impact, instead. When the hopping starts, I simply march in place. I also have a bad rotator cuff, so I can't do some of the reaches. What I DO like is the circuit class on Thursdays with hand weights. I like it so much so, that I bought myself a set of resistance bands and a workout book to use at home. Strength/resistance workouts have your body burning fat long after the workout is over.

As soon as I determine whether the increased exercise will hinder my weight-loss results during this current round of hCG, I will up my strength/resistance training.

I realize that this is more information that you asked for. I am 52 years old, menopausal, have lost over 150 pounds (not from exercise), have hanging skin from losing weight, and I find Jazzercise effective for getting me into a heart target range where I can burn fat. I find it difficult to rouse myself from bed at 4:30 a.m. to go to the classes each day of the week. On average, I go 3 days each week.

I hope this information helps.
SkepticalMe is offline   Reply With Quote