Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   Anyone here Jazzersize...? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/796309-anyone-here-jazzersize.html)

sweetpoison 02-04-2013 04:20 PM

Anyone here Jazzersize...?

Can a older (almost 60) and larger (227)do this type of workout? Dont want to be making a butt of myself with alot of little chippies.. :)

Thanks
Vicki

Adoug4ho 02-04-2013 04:46 PM

I did it for a long time! Loved it :) The center had a WIDE range of participants. Best part is, no mirrors! Such a great environment to dance your heart out. I usually burned 500-600 cals too.

Jebber 02-04-2013 05:04 PM

Yes! You might want to start with a BodySculpting class if the center offers that format. It will get you going and there's no "dancing" involved.

The moves may seem hard at first, but if you keep going you will see there is a definate pattern to their classes and they repeat the moves often so you get used to them

I do low impact myself and it's much easier. You can make the workouts what you want. I say, grab a friend and go!!!

Forgot to say...I'm 50 and there are many ladies there who are older than me. We have one lady who comes back from Florida each summer...she is in her 70's!!!!

Kimberli33 02-04-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpoison (Post 16239556)
Can a older (almost 60) and larger (227)do this type of workout? Dont want to be making a butt of myself with alot of little chippies.. :)

Thanks
Vicki

Why not??Age is all a matter of the mind...You would do fine in a JazzerSize class,heck go for Zumba...plenty of different ages in my class 16-70 plus.I think its really cool when I see someone older really enjoying life,kwim??
Chippies...lol,never heard of that one.:laugh:

Nelle Belle 02-04-2013 07:02 PM

After YEARS of running, I stopped and started jazzercise. Loved it but after a few weeks my knees were killing me. I can still run but bouncing up and own ruined my knees. Be careful. I can't do squats or kneel down. Looking for things under furniture is a nightmare.

SkepticalMe 02-20-2013 04:35 AM

I Jazzercise, with low impact

I joined Jazzercise in January -- they were having a special -- and I have a 12-month contract.

Like Nelle Belle, I also have bad knees and can't do all of the hopping required. I just do low impact, instead. When the hopping starts, I simply march in place. I also have a bad rotator cuff, so I can't do some of the reaches. What I DO like is the circuit class on Thursdays with hand weights. I like it so much so, that I bought myself a set of resistance bands and a workout book to use at home. Strength/resistance workouts have your body burning fat long after the workout is over.

As soon as I determine whether the increased exercise will hinder my weight-loss results during this current round of hCG, I will up my strength/resistance training.

I realize that this is more information that you asked for. I am 52 years old, menopausal, have lost over 150 pounds (not from exercise), have hanging skin from losing weight, and I find Jazzercise effective for getting me into a heart target range where I can burn fat. I find it difficult to rouse myself from bed at 4:30 a.m. to go to the classes each day of the week. On average, I go 3 days each week.

I hope this information helps.