Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarolStrong
Just Started Insanity Workout Program

Hey guys,

I'm loving the support in this forum!

I've just started the 'Insanity' 60-Day Total Body Conditioning Workout Program by Shaun T. I have to admit, it's a little bit more insane than I thought it would be

First workout kicked my butt!

However - it also felt REALLY good. I ran cross-country and track in high school so I'm a fan of intense workouts. I love to push myself. And I'm excited about getting in super shape for 2013!

What are some of your favorite workouts?
CarolStrong is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
You may be a little crazy. Or is that "insane"?

I stick with walking and Pilates. I don't really like to sweat. LOL
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August (this time around)
My 18 y/o DS is all about insanity. Followed by 2 hours at the gym. And eating LC to boot! He looks awesome!
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Dae
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dae
Stats: 5'5" (136/126/110)
WOE: 20-30g carb/day
Start Date: Restart: June 2012
I just started Insanity as well! Currently done with Day 3 and my legs - in particular the calves - are really sore; here's hoping my lower back doesn't conk out on me mid way. (I read a whole bunch of people have joint or back problems caused by this workout - possibly/probably due to the intensity + bad form?)
Dae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
walking, elliptical, weights, whatever I can fit in my day!
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Throwback
I just ordered the Fast and Furious 20 minute workouts. I can do anything for 20 minutes. I hope! A friend of mine is a beach body coach and lost 70 lbs with the program a couple years ago so she inspired me and is now coaching me.
Throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
I'm an Insanity drop out! I should have realized it wasn't going to go well when I was pouring sweat, exhausted, out of breath, kinda miserable, but still felt I was doing pretty okay for my first workout. Then Sean T said, "Alright, great warm-up!" Warm-up? WTH?

It's tough; I didn't quite make a month. Take a before pic so we can see your 60 day results. They should be amazing because that workout is no joke!

Last edited by theLossgirl; 01-10-2013 at 09:30 AM..
theLossgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbHarb
Stats: 195/138/130
WOE: LCHF - Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: October 2011
Insanity is insane!! I LOVE it!!

I did the 60 days last August. The first month was amazing, I never missed a workout...but the second month was intense, hard to keep up. I finished it but didn't feel like I really gave it my all that second month. I'm going to do the 60 days again someday, but I have a list of other programs I want to try first.

I started my low carb diet right after Thanksgiving 2011 and started working out last January (my new years resolution) . I finished Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, Insanity, and am currently doing P90X.

I have to say they are all great workouts, but my favorite by far is Turbo Fire! It's so much fun and the music really gets you pumped! I've lost 65 lbs total but my body feels amazing...I have never had muscles

Stick with insanity...you'll be glad you did! And yes, be sure to let us know how it's going!
LowCarbHarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
I have done P90X, Insanity and then a 90 day hybrid of P90X and Insanity. I'm looking for something new without going backwards.

LowCarbHarb, would you mind telling me a little more about Turbo Fire? Why you liked it and how it compares to Insanity? Thanks! I need something new! I'm getting serious burnout on the same old thing.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ss1
Stats: 160/137/130-125
Start Date: september 2012
how low are you going with your carbs? I have Insanity and did it before low carbing. im a little worried about starting it up again and not getting enough carbs.
ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
That's great! I'm starting a very stupidly intense cycling program (up from just regular intense) on Tuesday.
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
Dae
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dae
Stats: 5'5" (136/126/110)
WOE: 20-30g carb/day
Start Date: Restart: June 2012
I'm currently at 20g/day (max), but I started the Whole30 at the same time as Insanity, so - not sure if this is the best combination either, haha.

I do seem to tire quickly but then again, it is Insanity and I wasn't great with cardio in the first place....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1 View Post
how low are you going with your carbs? I have Insanity and did it before low carbing. im a little worried about starting it up again and not getting enough carbs.
Dae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbHarb
Stats: 195/138/130
WOE: LCHF - Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I have done P90X, Insanity and then a 90 day hybrid of P90X and Insanity. I'm looking for something new without going backwards.

LowCarbHarb, would you mind telling me a little more about Turbo Fire? Why you liked it and how it compares to Insanity? Thanks! I need something new! I'm getting serious burnout on the same old thing.

Hi Gilded Lily, I'd love to tell you more!!

Turbo Fire incorporates HIIT drills (High Intensity Interval Training) like Insanity. It gets really intense for 1 minute and then you rest and repeat! You're doing that 3 days/wk and incorporating stretching, toning and cardio the other 3 days. So it's along the same basic principles as Insanity but the 2 programs are very different. I found Insanity to be more like a bootcamp doing several reps of 1 move at a time, where TF you do several reps of a combination of moves.

I love it because it's so much fun! It's very "dance-y" with punches and kicks and the music really gets you pumped. I have a lot more rhythm now than I ever did before I also LOVE Chalene. I find her to be very motivational. Just when you think you can't do more she literally gets you to push yourself further.

I did TF before Insanity but I have a friend in one of my challenge groups who has also done P90X & Insanity and now just started Turbo Fire and she is loving it!

I definitely think you should try it.
LowCarbHarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info! I was desperate for something new, so I ordered Hip Hop Abs. Big mistake! I just don't have the coordination for those moves. I work out at 5:30 in the morning, and I'm not awake enough to concentrate on what foot/arm to put where. I'm sure a lot of people love it, but it is not for me. I want to try Turbo but those Beach Body programs are so expensive, I'll have to wait a bit.

Just how 'dance-y' is Turbo? I am seriously uncoordinated. It gets me annoyed when they do complicated steps and I can't keep up. I might be better off with Combat???

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarolStrong
This community ROCKS!!

The support here is just amazing

I did another Insanity workout yesterday. Did half of it (which was 20 minutes) but still felt great! However, I also agree with Dae - it is causing a few aches and pains. Can definitely feel it in the calves.

My main workout is running. To be honest - I'd rather go run 10 miles than do the Insanity workout I guess you just get used to some things and running is my first love.

I like the Insanity program but not so sure that it's what I want. I enjoy a workout routine with a bit more variety / fun / slightly less crazy

Any ideas? For me - a good 20-25 minute workout per day would be perfect.

Would love your thought!

Cheers,

Carol
CarolStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Carol. My dh is a runner too and hates doing any kind of indoor video workout. It bores him to tears.

Besides the time frame, what are you looking for in your workout? Strength, cardio, a combination? There are so many programs out there and most of them are good. You just have to choose one that fits what you want. For me, I can't do dance-y. I would suggest P90X for you but the workouts are way longer than what you are looking for. Almost all workouts are less intense than Insanity though. LOL