Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Hi Sandra. It's been a while since I joined you all but I could use some accountability. I've done 2hours this week...possibly 6 hours so far this month...maybe 7. My goal is to pulse another 5 to 6 hours. Actually I want to go for 7 since there are 31 days this month. thanks for the facebook reminder Sandra.
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Thanks Sandra.
Since I'm having neckpain and headaches from a recent trauma( have No idea what I did), I'm going to a chiropractor. i just started and that's how I found out about the kyphosis.

Yeah, I got headaches when I did the curl ups. It was very discouraging.
I like the detailed description of how to prepare for them. I'll try them....As soon as I find my video. I moved house and have to find my DVD among the mess. but It's a good sign that my BF is literally begging to restart the routine, so I've gotta find it fast. Yeah, Guys can nag too!

Thanks for the tips. I think I can remember the routine well enough to try it sooner than later.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 01-22-2013 at 06:51 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anglgrl
Stats: 231/135/130
WOE: HF/LC Paleo
Start Date: Mid Sept. 2011
Hey, everybody
I finished my goal of finishing the Callanetics countdown and I'm almost doing the whole hour now.
I've lost some inches and my jeans are looser
I look a little lumpier though (but that doesn't scare me - I've got a lot of extra fat to lose and I think the muscle is pushing the fat out) so I won't post pics till some of the lumpiness subsides.

After I finished the countdown I switched to doing the 10/10 workout every other day. I'm trying to find something to do on my days off to keep my hips and lower back feeling ok (the best they feel is after I finish the hour workout). Today I'll try doing the cardio dvd (minus the toning part) and the pelvis exercises and stretches from the 1 hour program.

Hope everybody is doing well with their goals this month.
anglgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wrappedinbooks
Stats: 155/155/130
WOE: clean eating
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
Neck discomfort is generally an issue that most experience when first starting the program

It's a combination of a variety of things:

1. Weak abs....surprise

2. Weak neck with tight contracted muscles down neck and across shoulders

3. Contracted back muscles preventing a good 'round up and in' position ideal for working the abs deeply.

Persistence and taking breathers during the 100 count is recommended. When taking a breather I always encourage my students to avoid coming back down to the floor unless it's really necessary but instead stay rounded up and hold on the inside of thighs/back of legs etc and stretch the elbows out and up towards ceiling as per the initial set up instructions.

Hold this stretch and breathe deeply focusing on stretching the back, shoulders and neck areas. Then release the arms one at a time and continue pulsing adding one or two more pulses then you think you can do and then take another breather repeating the stretch and hold position.

Other things you can try are:

1. Place a firm pillow/medicine ball or other support beneath your upper back to help keep you rounded in. Avoid collapsing back on to support though, you want your abs to keep you rounded in.

2. Have one or both hands resting behind your head and allow your head to sink heavily in to your hands to support head. Avoid pulling elbows forwards as this puts strain on your neck and all you will be doing in yanking your head forward. So, try to keep elbows out to side.

3. Lightly hold on to the back of your legs with one or even both hands as you pulse. Avoid pulling on the legs though as this will create tension in your neck. It's just a gentle hold...the abs should still be working.

The ab exercises also stretch, lengthen and strengthen the neck. The skin will tighten and you will be encouraging waste removal in the front of the neck as the back of the neck lengthens.

It will all come together as you continue to the program and this is why I like the full program and not just doing the exercises you like. Your back muscles needs to become soft and supple, your neck needs to lengthen and strengthen and your abs need to strengthen.

Hope that helps

PS don't miss out the neck stretches...do them slowly and every time. They are important

Thanks for the tips! I just finished 8/10 and I am shocked by how much easier it is already -- very little strain on my neck now. If I feel it, I know I'm not in the correct rounded position so I just start over.

I'm excited that I've already lost two inches from my waist! And one inch from my bust and hips. I can't really see any changes, but I can feel them. Everything feels more firm. Yay!
wrappedinbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
I have always had an aching neck when doing those too, next time I shall follow those tips.

Anyway 7/10 was done a couple of days ago but my laptop broke so haven't been able to get on. Hoping to get 8/10 done tomorrow
mandiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

8/10 done and now have a new laptop
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Well my neck didn't ache this time at all! 9/10 done.

This time I did it from memory which was great, and I think it helped as I wasn't constantly trying to look at the telly! Anyway, it only took 35 mins, did I miss some/do it too fast, or is that ok? It's 10/10 btw.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Have been doing callanetics for a couple of weeks. Can't wait for the Feb challenge so I can join in!!!
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote