Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   At home exercise tapes - what do you recommend? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/790962-home-exercise-tapes-what-do-you-recommend.html)

Boosya 12-08-2012 02:53 PM

At home exercise tapes - what do you recommend?

Hi everyone,

I really want to get into an exercise routine, and refuse to pay for a gym membership when this can be done at home/ outside. Are there any at home workout tapes you have and use on a regular basis?

Thanks!

jhbyrd 12-08-2012 03:09 PM

I have a gym membership but never use it (work pays for it) because I would rather do it at home. I use DVDs and I have a LARGE collection. If you do not exercise now you would need to work up -like start with easier things. You can go to collage.com and look at start videos of dvds you might like. I have been exercising at home for years my favorites are-Cathe Friedrich, The firm, Christi Taylor and Ellen Barrett. Each for different forms of exercise for example-Cathe F and Christi Taylor for step, The Firm for Circuit workouts (cardio/weights and Ellen for my easy cardio/pilates/yogi and strech. Good Luck with your choice!!! Also a good starting walking workout could be anything from Leslie Sansone.

jhbyrd 12-08-2012 03:10 PM

Also Cathe F does have great weighted workouts but I Like the firm better for that.

kilogirl78 12-08-2012 03:37 PM

30 day shred by jillian.

CarolynF 12-08-2012 03:40 PM

I love, love, love Slow Burn from Fred Hahn..

tobelowcarber 12-08-2012 03:50 PM

I agree with jhbyrd to go to collagevideo. They have clips of all the workouts plus reviews. Another good site for reviews is videofitness I have more than 100 dvds and I find it hard to recommend something as we all like different things. If you are new to working out, you may want to look into Leslie Sansone, Debra Mazda, Stephanie Huckabee for cardio. For weights, I really Cathe and Jari Love and older FIRM. Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

MsBlondeGRIT 12-08-2012 05:43 PM

Jari Love. Hands down

Arctic_Mama 12-08-2012 09:58 PM

TTap has netted me better results, quicker, and with more comfort, than any other workout I've done. To gain three pounds and lose two sizes in less than two months, because my body composition was so changed? That's success, right there. I've tried other workouts, including Leslie Sansone, Jillian Michaels, Callanetics, etc, and nothing has worked as well or been as easy to stick with and see success as TTap workouts.

JMacB 12-09-2012 04:24 AM

Taryl, I want to do T-Tapp but get stymied when I go to the website. Can you recommend specific DVDs to buy? I have her book, but that's not working for me to follow.

I wish, in this day and age, I could buy and download to my iPad. I want to workout wherever I am! Actually, I just want to workout wherever my kid isn't, and if I'm in the den using the tv, he will inevitably want it, too. I know, being picky.

And thanks to everyone who recommended collage Video! Never had seem that before and WOW what a gold mine!

cammie 12-14-2012 11:26 AM

T-Tapp looks really interesting! I got excellent results with Jillian Michaels' DVDs but they hurt my knees and hip.

JMacB 12-30-2012 08:43 AM

I've just discovered amazon has a bunch of exercise videos you can download to an iPad. I'm going to try out several I think. This will help because the room I'd like to exercise in doesn't have a tv, and I wasn't going to buy one just for that.

melanie09 12-30-2012 09:04 AM

Jillian Michaels all the way! :)

LCJunkie 01-01-2013 04:35 PM

I love Jari Love's dvd's and also have a small collection of Jillian Michael's.

Kiley2801 01-03-2013 07:09 AM

Jillian Michaels - her new Body Revolution program is great, but if you don't want to invest that much, her other videos are good too.

Slim Series by Beachbody - had really fast and impressive results with these

TurboJam and TurboFire - lots of fun!

The Firm Classics (volumes 1-3 particularly) - the ultimate in bodyshaping!!!

10 Pound Slimdown with Chris Freitag - there are 5 workouts on one dvd, only 20 minutes each, but they pack a punch.

10 Days to a Better Body. Very straightforward and effective.

spoiltmomof2 01-03-2013 11:54 AM

Chalean Extreme is excellent and will help you build up muscle!

EmPugs 01-03-2013 06:21 PM

As a large breasted woman who's had 2 kids I tend to avoid JUMPING at all costs for several reasons. I really like Leslie Sansone she has many different walks and she also pays attention to the arms, I tried a FIRM workout, but it was a little much for me and I'm pretty sure they were jumping. I just read this thread about the T-Tapp and it sounds interesting I may try that. I like low impact personally.