Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Donna D
Callanetics Challenge - December 2012

This is our last challenge for 2012; the year certainly has gone by fast!

Quoting Sandra
Some of the benefits seen by Callanetics students:

Tight, lifted firm buttocks
Flatter toned abs
Long lean legs with awesome muscle definition
Lean, sculpted arms
Youthful neckline
Stronger pelvic floor
Increased flexibility
Increased strength
Restore youthful alignment and posture

Feel full of energy, vitality and empowered. There's nothing like Callanetics to safely tone and shape the body.

Callanetics is safe for everyone regardless of age and fitness level. It's particularly beneficial and safe for people with back, neck and knee issues.

Reclaim your youthful body shape by joining us for the November Challenge.

Certified Callanetics Instructors post regularly to help with any queries, modifications and intensifications.

If you have a specific question for Sandra you can always ask on her Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/newcallanetics

Happy Pulsing!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
I don't post a lot but wanted say that the week of Thanksgiving I completed my first year of Callanetics. Three times a week every week for the year and I love it even more today. For the first year I did the workout with various pieces of furniture but last week I ordered a bar. Can't wait to get it and see if it changes the intensity or anything. Thanks to everyone here for their support during the first few months - especially Ben, Auntie Em, Twyla and Sandra for your tips and modifications.
Gulf Coast Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Thanks again Donna, for starting us off for December! Yes, the year seems as though it just flew by.

Gulf Coast Girl, I think you'll find that the bar will be even more helpful; coupled with the fact that it offers more stability than your average pieces of furniture.
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
It's that time of year when we all go quiet on here! I did Callanetics this morning. I'm going to try really hard to stay motivated this month but it's always hard with all the parties, shopping and food
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fxyz
Stats: 126
Hi! I am totally new to the forum and honestly it was the callanetics forum that drew me in! I've been reading up on it for quite some time now and last week decided to buy the 10 in 10 dvd and book from eBay and it came today. I tried the book out and to be very honest I thought the stomach excersizes and stretches were AMAZING - I could feel them working INSTANTLY --- however, I'm considering leaving the hips and behind bit out since I am quite happy with my behind and hips and don't want to slim those down! Legs however I was disappointed with because I felt kind of silly doing them coz I wasn't feeling I was doing it right hehe :$

My question is ----- is it okay for me to pick and choose and create my own routine? Will I still get the same results?
Also, one benefit I reeeeeallly reeeallly want is the bust firming - I've heard some women have experienced a firming of their bust which is something I would seriously appreciate since at only 19 my bust is quite saggy downside of being a large bra size and a fluctuating weight

I am going to track my results and measurements here like other members have been doing

After my half attempt of callanetics (0.5hrs maybe)
Bust: 37"
Waist: 26.5"
Hips: 36"
Behind: 39" (I know sounds like its huuugeee but it really doesn't look as big as it sounds)

Hope this forum is a good support place for a lost soul like myself! xx
fxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyWuzzy
Stats: 140/125/120
WOE: Sensible
Start Date: December 2010
Hi all, I'm hoping Sandra see's this and can give some advice.

I've had a sore hip/hip flexors since August from a CrossFit workout. Needless to say I've stopped doing CrossFit since then and have been really lax with the exercise. A few days ago I aggravated the injury even more. Thanks heavens I'm married to a chiropractor as he adjusted it and I'll need more adjustments along with icing. He's pretty sure it's bursitis. Will it be okay to do Callanetics with that injury if I tone it down and maybe only do the AM or PM workout as opposed to the hour one for right now until it starts to feel better?

I'm forcing myself to rest this whole weekend and just do a lot of icing and have Hubby adjust it again.

Thanks Sandra! Hopefully I can join everyone in the next couple of days with a workout.
LadyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Its been so long, Just dusted off 10 in 10 and finished my first hour in ages!
I'm already sore, and shakey!
I plan on completing 12hrs in December. so 1 down 11 to go..
In a perfect world I plan on waking up early and doing an hour before work every couple of days.
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyWuzzy
Stats: 140/125/120
WOE: Sensible
Start Date: December 2010
Well I went ahead and completed AM Callanetics and feel fine so far. Hip feels pretty good today, even managed a small walk with the dog. I'll just take it day by day.
LadyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TripleSlowMotion
LadyWuzzy, in recent years I've had some hip discomfort and back pain that seems to have gone away completely when I was doing the AM/PM workouts regularly. I've kinda slacked off since then, but the symptoms haven't returned in anything like the intensity they used to have.

The main thing I've learned from Callan is to always work at your own level, at your own pace, and listen to your body.

I really did make strength and endurance gains last summer doing nothing but Callanetics (mostly just the PM).

Of the two, I prefer PM, since the pretzel type moves in the AM are pretty intense.
TripleSlowMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: Pregnant!
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Hi there-

I am new to Callenetics, just completing my 2nd hour ever and 1st for December. I have a lot of room for improvement, but can really feel today's work out. Hoping to hit 10 hours in December. I am doing the original? one hour workout

Will be checking back hopefully with progress to report!
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/161/130
WOE: lchf/paleo/primal/keto
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
just finished my second hou woohoo!
I'm still very sore from my first hour! tomorrow I shall feel like death! Lol
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: labmini
Stats: Pregnant!
WOE: Keeping it real, clean and low carb
Start Date: 7/1/12
Did hour number 2 yesterday with number 3 up tomorrow
labmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWuzzy View Post
Hi all, I'm hoping Sandra see's this and can give some advice.

I've had a sore hip/hip flexors since August from a CrossFit workout. Needless to say I've stopped doing CrossFit since then and have been really lax with the exercise. A few days ago I aggravated the injury even more. Thanks heavens I'm married to a chiropractor as he adjusted it and I'll need more adjustments along with icing. He's pretty sure it's bursitis. Will it be okay to do Callanetics with that injury if I tone it down and maybe only do the AM or PM workout as opposed to the hour one for right now until it starts to feel better?

I'm forcing myself to rest this whole weekend and just do a lot of icing and have Hubby adjust it again.

Thanks Sandra! Hopefully I can join everyone in the next couple of days with a workout.

As long as you're not experiencing deep, jolting pain you should be fine. Your body will tell you very quickly. For the sitting hamstring stretch, I probably wouldn't recommend having your legs splayed out to the side as much as you normally would So go to only about 75-80% of your full range of motion.

In fact, if you were in my class I would teach you this stretch while you are recovering and healing:

Lie down in front of a wall and place your legs up on wall and open wide. Flex your feet and turn them outwards until you feel an inner thigh stretch. Hold for up to a minute if not too painful. Of course, if extremely painful come out immediately and cease the stretch. Just relax your entire body, arms relaxed beside you. You should feel a stretch from your inner knees up to groin. Remember to breathe

TIPS: Your tail bone must be resting firmly down on floor and your lower front ribs relaxed down so that you aren't thrusting upwards with ribs. In other words you will have a neutral pelvis. There will just be a very small space beneath your sacrum when your pelvis is neutral.

Saying it other words - absolutely no curling or tucking your tailbone under!!!

Hope that makes sense and please let me know how you go.
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buggy
Hi... I used to do Callanetics religiously... stopped, became lazy and ballooned. Yikes! Well, I'm back at it and did my first hour for the month this evening. Struggled a bit, but I'll work through it. I've seen what Callanetics can do before so I'll be doing check ins with you all. Cheers!
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Hi all.
I did Callanetics years ago. I am looking to pick it up again this coming year. I have the DVD. I am also going to watch as many of Sandra's videos I can on her face book.

Is there a newbie tip post? Some basic do and don't for the first month?

And do you do the routine each day or close to each day?

Thank you!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daphnelorraine
Stats: 36/44/41
WOE: healthy eating
Start Date: december 2012
Hi , i know its a bit late in the month, but id like to join your challenge, im half way through my sixth hour, and you all are inspirational, i have just taken my pics of my body and am both devastated and determined, to look as fabulous as i did in my twenties, this challenge will be the first of many thanks LCF !
daphnelorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and New Year - look after yourselves and see you 2013.

Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 186/182/148
Start Date: 12/16/12
Hello! New here! My Callanetics Evolution will be here on Thursday and I am definitely doing my hour that day. Is there going to be a January Challenge? I'd love to join in! It will be my first time doing Callan, however I certainly remember Callanetics in the 80's although I actually didn't need too much help then. Now I'm a lot older and certainly chunkier and really sick of my clothes not fitting right and chronic pain from FMS among other things that I know will improve with Callanetics. So excited to be a new me by spring

Happy holidays to all!
WonderfullyWitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
I am going to join your group. I have the Callanetics book from decades ago, along with 10 in 10 on a VHS. I also have several DVD's. I started my diet today, so I will start Callanetics today or tomorrow. I need to hunt down my DVD's or possibly the VHS and a VCR from the garage. I used to love looking at Jean's before and after photos in the book... so inspiring.

Wonderfully... did you get yours in the mail? I will definitely do it along with you.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote