LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Great Greta!

Rest day for me today. Heading off to work and then Christmas wrapping, preparation, and a bit of shopping maybe after work. Got a new Comcast/xfinity set up yesterday. Phew what a hassle! Still don't have the phone set up and our premium channels aren't working. I hate Comcast and the help line tech was rude and hung up on my husband when he called and my DH is the mildest, most polite guy you ever met - not like he was abrupt with the clerk or anything. Phew - I'm about ready to chuck the whole thing and go back to rabbit ears lol. Wish DH had never gotten taken in by their sales call and signed up for all this stuff!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gretalyn
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: off and on since 2004, on to stay since March 2011
You have my sympathy re: dealing with Comcast. They are AWFUL. Worst customer service ever. Watch your monthly bill very carefully, because they will sneak things onto it that you didn't ask for. They "upgraded" us to a package of sports channels that we didn't ask for - neither my husband nor I watch sports. I called them and had them remove it, though they of course refused to reimburse us for the charges, claiming that we had requested the service, which was an outright lie. Two months later, guess what? They were charging us for it AGAIN. We decided to ditch them. I stood in line for over an hour for the privilege of returning their equipment to them, and then they had the audacity to keep charging our credit card after the service had been discontinued. When I called to complain, they said they'd send us a check in six to eight weeks to refund the charges. Yeah, right! In the meantime, I'd still have to pay my credit card bill, and just trust that they were going to send me the money. No way. I had to go through several employees and threaten to file a complaint with my credit card company before they would agree to reverse the charges. I will never deal with Comcast again. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with them! Enjoy your Christmas shopping and wrapping and try to put Comcast out of your mind for awhile.

5 mile hike today, so I met (exceeded) my goal for the week. Yay!

Greta
Gretalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCINFLA
Sorry yu guys are having trouble with Comcast... it is the only thing here for the TV..(we can't have direct TV in our condo, nothing attached to the roof).. we also have internet and phone.. quite $$ , and it goes out alot..

Friday I did an hour of weight training... muct have picked up a bug, and have been coughing and a sore throat..my DH has it now...

I am going to try and walk today, I am going to Target to get some meds for relief, I hope..

Hope everyone is having a better week-end than me..
Lynn
LCINFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn - hope you feel better soon.

Greta - we are like Lynn - very little choice on cable providers. DH was on the phone with Comcast twice again yesterday. Very annoying. And we were supposed to get a deal as new triple play customers but now they say no deal because we had Internet through them in the past so we only get $50 off a month for six months instead. Almost $200 a month for everything and surly, incompetent service as well. Grrrr! Phone still isn't working and now they can't seem to let us keep our current phone number. I'm too old to learn a new one lol. Wish Verizon was in our area.

Plus 3 before work and that will be it. Raining and too much to do after work. Phew the holiday rush is on!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
Greta - we are like Lynn - very little choice on cable providers.
I understand. Undoubtably they know that's the situation most of their customers are in, and that's why they can get away with horrible service and dishonest business practices.

We didn't switch to another cable provider, though. We switched our internet to CenturyLink (they have been WONDERFUL so far - actually lowered our rate!), and now the only tv we watch is through Netflix and AppleTV. It costs us far less than cable, and we don't have to watch commercials. It really irritated me that we were paying a tremendous amount of money for programming that was 1/3 commercials! It's true that we don't have the same selection we would if we had cable, but it's also true that we're not paying for several dozen channels that we never watch just to get the handful of channels that we do like. I've heard that HuluPlus is even better than Netflix, so I might look into that. But I'm actually much happier than when we had cable. It's really nice.

Lynn, I hope that you feel better! My husband and I are both not feeling well today. Not sure what's going on, though. We're both just really dizzy and light-headed, no other symptoms. Weird, huh? I'm too dizzy to trust myself to drive so I stayed home from church. :-( No more walking for me until this passes.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

My daughters are very tech savvy and do all their TV watching and even their phones through their computers somehow. They do save a lot and see most of what they like without problem. They also download movies from the Internet and have always seen the latest movies and their kids have iPods that are loaded with every kid's movie that comes out. A different world out there. Now I know how my grandma felt when suddenly cars and electricity came into her life in old age. I feel like the world is changing so fast. Now if we can just learn how to have all this technology and not destroy our environment or kill each other it may allow for a better life for everybody.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

I am still home sick, and my DH is worse, and he played tennis today and is paying for it now..

Got my COMCAST bill... up $26- what a rip off...we don't have a choice in our condo (564 condos) comcast is the ONLY way to go...
I hope to be up and about tomorrow....

Lynn
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

We were on the phone with Comcast for an hour again last night too Lynn. Got our bill and it was $80 more than we were quoted when we signed up for the "triple play". Very poor customer service again too. We were on hold for more than 45 minutes. SO MAD! We are stuck with this for a year but may make another change then but like you there is not really a choice in our area. Hope you and DH are feeling better soon! I'm still a little jealous of your condo unit but do still love our home. We won't be moving anytime soon as it looks like we will never be able to retire. Sigh - getting tired.

Greta hope you are feeling better too. Must be some virus going around.

Plus 3 this morning but that's it for today as I have to wait around for the garage door repairman after work. We need new springs and DH can't do it since his heart surgery. Hope the guy shows up!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Plus 3 today and woohoo I passed last year's total. Probably won't make goal this month with the holidays but very happy that I have continued walking for another calendar year.

The next week will be busy for us all. Hope everyone is having fun, healthy, and not stressed by the coming holidays!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Still under the weather, went to the dr. yesterday.. Bronchitis, I am on alot of meds... but I am feeling better...

Lynn
Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Lynn sure hope the meds help and you feel better soon.

+6 in two walks for me today.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, Lynn, bronchitis is miserable. Hope you feel better soon.

Got in two and a quarter miles yesterday and again today.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

feeling a bit better except the cough.. 2 miles yesterday and 3 miles today... it is nice and cool in Florida and makes you feel like Christmas..

Lynn
30 miles for December
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are feeling better Lynn. I like the cold air this time of year too.

+3 for me today. Day off tomorrow for family Christmas party in CT. Will be on the road most of the day.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I am not walking today... 35-40 degrees out today... I am going to a tennis party at noon... I am feeling better, so I will skip the walk today....

Hope everyone has a good day...

Lynn
Old 12-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I got in two and a quarter again today, but that was not nearly enough to make my weekly goal. Oh well. There's always next week!

I wanted to wish safe travels to all of those who are traveling for the holidays, and a very blessed and wonderful Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Back to work today and got in 3 miles early this morning. Won't walk tomorrow so we can open gifts before work and quickly head to the grandchildren after work.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Monday - weight training at the gym...
Weds- 3 miles...34 miles for December

I am still coughing alot so I am not up to what I would be at this time..

Hope everyone had a Great Christmas..

Lynn
63 years young
760 miles walked in 2012
Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

We had a wonderful Christmas. The grandkids were so excited it made us all smile.

Those darn coughs can hold on a long time Lynn. Glad you are improving at least.

3 miles for me this morning. Feeling lazy and queasy after eating too much and too many carbs over the holiday. Back on track today with just BPC (bullet proof coffee) for breakfast and won't eat again until suppertime. Time for all those serious recommittments now that the New Year is approaching. I want to keep fasting bgs under 95 and after meals under 140. Going to take some work. My weight is very stable and I plan to keep it that way.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

+3 again today. Hoping to get to 1300 for the year but am satisfied either way.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Hope that you all had a joyful Christmas!

Haven't been very consistent this week, but I did manage to get in a 5 mile hike the day before Christmas and a 6.25 mile hike today.

I got an iPod nano for Christmas, and it has a Nike+ app on it that counts your steps and estimates your distance covered. I took it on my hike today, and my husband had his GPS. They were recording distances very close to each other: within a tenth of a mile at most, sometimes within just hundredths of a mile. So that's pretty awesome! And I think there's a way I can sync or track the info on Nike's website, but I haven't looked into that yet.

Hope you both feel better!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Greta. The app sounds cool. I love gadgets lol but not very good with the high tech stuff.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Cool here again today... Thursday 3 miles.. 37 miles for December..

I bought a count your steps from nike , at Target. I had to take it back, I had the guy set it and when I got home, almost 2 miles it said 36 steps. I wish I could find one that worked and was not too expen$ive..I want to go 10,000 steps or 5 miles...

Today I am off to the gym..
T>G>T>F>

Lynn
63 years young
763 miles for 2012
Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Plus 3 again today. Last of the holiday luncheons today. Now just New Year's to get through and then it's back on track!

10,00 steps a day is a great way to go Lynn. I used to do that when I worked on the floor and constantly walked at work. I forget what brand of pedometer I used but it worked well.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

+3 this morning. Good thing as it is snowing hard now.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

I did not get in a walk today, but I did 45 mins of weight training at the gym... it was great there were only about 5 people there...

Hope everyone is having a good week-end..
Shunsweets, how much snow did you get???

Lynn
760 miles walked in 2012
Old 12-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Invictus
Stats: 281/267/199 5'11"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/28/2012
1.2 miles today - just getting started ;-)
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Invitus, to our group... we hope to hear more from you.. the new year is right around the corner..

Lynn
63 years young
760 miles walked in 2012
Old 12-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sure the gym will be much more crowded in January Lynn! We only got 1/2 inch of snow- very pretty and no driving problems - just the way I love it!

Hi Invictus. Look for our January thread and please join us there too. You will find it helps a lot to check in here - really keeps you going. We are low key and very friendly!

Greta is probably out hiking!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Oops forgot to add my 3 miles for this morning. I may try for 4 tomorrow to get an even 1300 for the year but DH is off and it is New Year's eve so who knows what the morning may bring.