Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   CALLANETICS New Year Challenge JANUARY 2012 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/751721-callanetics-new-year-challenge-january-2012-a.html)

planetbenjamin 12-31-2011 03:15 AM

CALLANETICS New Year Challenge JANUARY 2012

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...netics-1-1.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!:jumpjoy::clap::hugs:

Quoting Sandra (our Callanetics Guru):
Some of the benefits seen by Callanetics students:

Tight, lifted firm buttocks
Flatter toned abs
Long lean legs with awesome muscle definition
Lean, sculpted arms
Youthful neckline
Stronger pelvic floor
Increased flexibility
Increased strength
Restore youthful alignment and posture

Feel full of energy, vitality and empowered. There's nothing like Callanetics to safely tone and shape the body.

Callanetics is safe for everyone regardless of age and fitness level. It's particularly beneficial and safe for people with back, neck and knee issues.

Reclaim your youthful body shape by joining us for the NEW YEAR JANUARY Challenge.

Certified Callanetics Instructors post regularly to help with any queries, modifications and intensifications.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...n/Callan-4.jpg
Callan Pinckney (born 1939/40 as Barbara Biffinger Pfeiffer Pinckney) is an American fitness professional who created the exercise regime known as Callanetics. According to a Time magazine profile from March 1986, Pinckney is a ninth-generation descendant of one of the founding families of the state of South Carolina. She was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia in the midst of old Southern opulence. However, she was also born with physical deformities of her spine and legs which required her to wear steel braces for seven years. She rebelled against the constraints of her social background, and left the United States without completing her college degree for what would become an eleven-year trek around the world. Upon her return in 1972, and faced with more health problems, she developed an exercise regime based on ballet lessons that she had taken as a child. The success of these encouraged her to proselytize her techniques among her friends and eventually to write a book called Callanetics. Although slow to take off, Pinckney's persistence paid off and book sales soared on the back of appearances on the daytime TV circuit, notably on shows hosted by Oprah Winfrey, Sally Jessy Raphael and Phil Donahue. The book went on to become a major bestseller in the fitness genre and spawned a popular video as well.
When she was in her 30s, Pinckney changed her first name to Callan on the advice of a New York numerologist.

For more information become a fan of:

facebook.com/callaneticsworld

facebook.com/newcallanetics (Sandra's Page)

facebook.com/callanpinckney

planetbenjamin 12-31-2011 03:17 AM

It's a day early but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I know a lot of us will be using the New Year to start a fresh and get back on track after the holidays. Good luck everyone! :)

JaneM 12-31-2011 06:20 AM

Hi! I know. I havenīt written a word for ages. Busy, busy, busy. I hope you all enjoyed Christmas! (I did ) and I wish you Happy New Year, hope that all your wishes would come true!
Enjoy tonight! :sing: :jumpjoy:
P. S. Ready for the challenge :)

mandiew 12-31-2011 06:29 AM

Hello! New here, but just did the 10 in 10 dvd for the first time - wow I felt the burn! :D I loved it though. What is the challenge? Don't want to agree to do something before knowing what it is :D

planetbenjamin 12-31-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandiew (Post 15285009)
Hello! New here, but just did the 10 in 10 dvd for the first time - wow I felt the burn! :D I loved it though. What is the challenge? Don't want to agree to do something before knowing what it is :D

The idea is that you commit to doing a good number of Callanetics sessions this month. By posting your progress on here it will help to motivate you and keep on track to your goal.:clap:

mandiew 12-31-2011 07:05 AM

Ok thanks. So how many should I aim for? I could probably do 3-4 times a week, so 16?

Romy@callan 12-31-2011 10:04 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 !!!

Love the picture Ben !

Happy New Year and happy pulsing to all of you :jumpjoy:

GettinHealthy 12-31-2011 10:30 AM

Hi everyone!! I am back, and I want to do at least 3-4 of the 10/10 per week. I have yet to do the full 10 hours, so I am wanting to make it happen this month!! I have also started doing my low carb again as well, so here is to a great new year!! :jumpjoy:

purple rose 12-31-2011 03:02 PM

I'm committed for January.

Finally starting to see that old hour glass figure I thought was long gone.

MissSun17 01-01-2012 02:42 AM

Hi and Happy New Year to you all!

Magic words and magic number, I commit to doing 10 sessions of Callanetics this month, 10/10 and Evolution. Not decided how many of each, I'll allow myself flexibility here ;)

Have a great start of the year and a great month! Happy pulsing! :D

Luzabeth 01-01-2012 06:56 AM

Committing to 9 hours this Month.

Hour 1 completed!

mandiew 01-01-2012 02:53 PM

Ok I think 16 hours is too much after reading some comments :laugh: I'll aim for 10 then, starting tomorrow as still aching from yesterday!

myluvbugg 01-02-2012 05:06 AM

HI all,
Which dvd do you recommend for beginners?

Bronwyn 01-02-2012 05:37 AM

I started this last month but not with much regularity. Three times a week with my 3-20 minute Quick Callanetic videos.

artemis19 01-02-2012 06:44 AM

Hey everyone! I am new to Callanetics. I bought a DVD last month and have tried it out twice. Definitely different than my other exercises! I go to the gym 3 times a week, so I am aiming to do Callanetics 2-3 times a week on alternate days (so 2-3 hours a week).

mrs lightyear 01-02-2012 07:07 AM

Hi and happy new year! I am commiting to 8 hours. I am using beginning callanetics dvd and callanetics for the back programme ( from Callan's book)

ScubaChick 01-02-2012 10:58 AM

Hi everybody! I did original Callanetics "back in the day" & recently discovered the Evolution DVD. Just ordered it, hope it arrives quickly so I can get started. I`m generally in good shape but often "yo-yo"...gained/got kinda flabby due to a long illness & resultant clinical depression. Determined to climb out of this hole in 2012. I`m going to use my Winsor Advanced Body Sculpting & Buns & Thighs until Evolution gets here. Glad to see how much everybody loves Callanetics, makes me wonder how I lost touch with it. Good luck to all & I hope to share my progress with you.

AmyLiz 01-02-2012 11:28 AM

shooting for 10 hours this month :)

Auntie Em 01-02-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myluvbugg (Post 15289482)
HI all,
Which dvd do you recommend for beginners?

I quite like the Ten in Ten video. It's what I started with.
If you can get two, the Callanetics Evolution is grand. The Callanetics Concepts are a wonderful addition to any exercise. I utilize them in all my Callanetics routines, and daily activities.

I do Callanetics almost daily. It's rare that I miss a day.

Happy New Year, everyone. :)

odetofantasy 01-02-2012 07:05 PM

Committing to 10 hours in January, but hopefully more!

Melodybinoc 01-02-2012 11:19 PM

Commiting to 20 hours in January! Pulse on, friends!

mandiew 01-03-2012 06:24 AM

Hour 1 done! Definitely found it easier than I did a few days ago, and only second go. But perhaps it's because I know what to expect now, am loving it though, may get the evolution one next! am going to get H to take some pics later so I can document it.

Sakinah 01-03-2012 02:23 PM

Hi!
I haven't done Callanetics (or any exercise) in so long. I can't wait to get back into it.
I want to do at least 10 hours this month.
I have 10 in 10 and Evolution and Cardio. I would love to buy the AM/PM DVD too. I looked on ebay, amazon, etc, every where seems to sell it for $20, are there any deals out there? Anyone selling a used copy?

planetbenjamin 01-04-2012 11:05 AM

Well I feel like I'm back on track. I did my Callanetics and then went for a run. I can feel everything going back into place already!! :)

mrs lightyear 01-05-2012 02:32 AM

QC hips and SACallanetics for beginners

mandiew 01-05-2012 12:48 PM

Hour 2 done! Woop am really enjoying it, now just need to get back running!

purple rose 01-05-2012 01:01 PM

I have had a mild setback but I'm not quitting. (It seems I have gained 2 inches)

I have gone back to 10/10 program to see if I just need to switch things up.

Maybe my body was getting used to Evolution.

I started Cardio dvd in December but had to quit because of major sinus infection. Hopefully I can start it up again soon.

Good Luck to all:up:

Auntie Em 01-06-2012 11:28 AM

Sakinah, I got my videos at thrift stores. I bought the DVDs: Evolution and Cardio, new, but my Ten in Ten and AM/PM are from thrift stores.

Best wishes to all in your routines. :)

mandiew 01-08-2012 01:21 PM

Hour 3 all done!

CarrieK 01-08-2012 03:18 PM

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a while and I've learned so much from these challenge threads. Thank you all!

I'm ready to commit to 10 hours this month. 4 hours of 10 in 10 and 6 hours of Quick Callanetics Legs/Hip/Abs.

Hour 1 completed today.