Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: purple rose
Stats: 180/165/135
WOE: zig zag 02/2012
Start Date: Oct 2011
Have you ever had the feeling that someone or something was out to get you?

Well, I went back to 10/10 last week and lost the 2 inches that I had gained.

However, I have gained 5 pounds.

I know that muscle weighs more than fat but sometimes it feels like someone/something is out to sabotage me.

I'll keep chugging along. I'm not ready to give in yet.

purple rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jill_in_the_box
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: April 4th, 2011
One hour down! I started this months ago and got one hour in, then our town got hit by a massive tornado. So between volunteering and being downright depressed, I really had no motivation to do anything. But I realized that the longer I put off being active, the more depressed I was going to get. So I got off my butt tonight and popped in some Callanetics. Ouch! But it's ok, I pushed through and I plan to do another hour on Thursday. Good luck to everyone participating in this month's challenge!

Jilly
jill_in_the_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maya fit
I am committing myself to 20h this month, plus some cardio
I have done only 1h so far, but I am ready for the challenge as I was very lazy in December and at the beginning of this year.
Maya fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snazy
Hi all and here's wishing everyone a wondeful 2012.
Been doing the 30 day shred for about 2 weeks now, but am feeling all stiff n tight. I would like to include a 20 min quick callanetics session each day. So I'm committing to a 20 minute session at least 5 times a week.... Hope i can stick to this programme, i really enjoy the flexibility that comes from callanetics
snazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Hip weakness/pain

Did anyone experience hip pain when doing the thigh exercises (on the floor, leg out to the side, pulsing either back and forth or the one that pulses up and down)? My left hip hurt a little when I was performing those exercises...like I was pinching a nerve slightly. When I leaned more to the right while hanging on to the back of a chair, it felt a little better. This didn't happen on my right side at all, but then again my right side is my stronger side. Did anyone have this issue at first, then it went away after that area strengthened?

Jilly
Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Jill,

Sorry to hear about the situation in your home town.

I hope that everything is starting to come together.

It sounds like you are doing the leg exercises from 10/10.

I had so much pain the first time that I could only do 20.

I rested and started again and it felt better.

The second time, it went better and now I do more than 100 each time.

Callan states that it is alright if you lean all the way over.

I have gotten so strong that I don't use the barre(prop) anymore.

If you still experience pain after your second session, consider that your positioning may not be correct.

My right side is my weakest and I can only do 75 on that side without resting.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad that more people are starting to post for January.

I thought I saw tumbleweeds rolling on this board yesterday.

I hit a milestone this week.

I completed my 40th hour of callanetics.

I am extremely satisfied with my progress (except for my stomach area).

However, this area was my biggest problem and I knew it would take some time.

I just hope that I don't get so skinny everywhere else and still have a "Santa" belly.

Good luck to all & happy pulsing.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaneM
Stats: 68kg/60kg/55kg - 168cm
WOE: Nutritarian, clean eating
Start Date: January 2011
After week of doing nothing (illness, antibiotics ) I did one session today. Wow, I felt every muscle in my body. Those moments just reminds me how powerful and effective callanetics is.
Happy pulsing, everyone!
JaneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Dukan
I have been doing Callanetics for the past year, but mostly on-off due to a major house move, new job as well as a nasty throat and chest infection that floored me for 6 weeks.

Last week I hit the sales and ended up trying a dress that was quite snug on the hip and bottom area. When I checked the mirror standing sideways I had to look twice because until then I hadn't realised how lifted my bottom has become thanks to Callanetics!

I am so delighted that I am going to try and make time for Super Callanetics at weekends from now on (during the week I only have time for AM-PM or Quick Callanetics)
CoulottesDeCheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
That's hour 4 done (5 in total but 1st was 31st Dec so not counting it) I also did a 4.5 mile run, hoping to finally get the figure I want! I have taken before pics and may try after when I have got to the 10 hours.

I also get the hip pain especially the more I turn my pelvis, feels like it's right in the bone. I also struggle with the stomach exercises, but my muscles aren't great as I had my second c section just over a year ago so I'm hoping they will improve lots too!
mandiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarrieK
Stats: 175/130/120 5'2"
WOE: Knife and Fork
Start Date: November 2010
2 more hours complete (AM/PM and QC Abs).

I may be delusional or I didn't have my tape measure aligned properly last week but I've lost an inch in my waist.
CarrieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

That's great CarrieK!

Unfortunately I didn't get to do my hour last night. My daughter's birthday party is on Saturday and I ran around town like a crazy person trying to get things together and the cake started. Why oh why did I pick this week do start Callanetics? I'm going to shoot for another hour on Saturday evening. I hate how busy life gets sometimes that it makes it so difficult to focus on my health!

Congrats on your 40th hour, purplerose!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kreebby
I know I'm late, but I'd like to do 5 hours this month. I know it's not a huge goal, but it's halfway through the month. I have the 10 in 10 DVD. My problem is that I never really workout. I always got my exercise from working at the barn I worked at and now that I've stopped working there (I moved) I have lost all muscle tone. It's terrible. I don't have access to a gym, either, so I'm giving this a shot in the hopes that it works. Does it?

Last edited by kreebby; 01-14-2012 at 05:14 AM..
kreebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PinkBlob
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreebby View Post
Does it?
Aye, quicker than anything else out there.
PinkBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kroz
Hi everyone!

For some reason took me a while to find the thread. I hope everyone had a great vacation period. I personally love Christmas and had a lovely but quiet New Year. So I have been a bit bust for the past two months but expect to start ack my routine within the week. Wish me luck! Started a healthier diet plan. So all systems go! Hoping for good results!
kroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snazy
No, no ,no .....have this horrible throat infection that just wont go away .... So much for my best laid plans.... Is it safe to do callanetics when you feel under the weather, i know youre not suppose to do any cardio?
Hope to get into my routine soon
snazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Madison Ave
Stats: 186.6/151.8/125 5'3 and a bump :)
Start Date: January 6, 2012
I've just started doing Callanetics again(only 2x's) but already feel a difference I too remember it from way back when...I only had the book at that time, but, I do remember it being very effective.

So seeing it is more than half way through the month...I am going to commit to 6hrs. Although I am going to shoot for more...I think I should be able to get the 6 in.

Happy shrinking
Madison Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shhirl
Stats: 130/122/115-110
Start Date: This time? December 2011
I've gotten in two 1/2-hour sessions and one 1-hour session so far. I got off track for the week/weekend of my birthday. Low-carb and Callanetics totally flew out the window, so the 5 pounds I'd lost came back with a vengeance. Aaaargh! Darn self sabotage.

I haven't taken any measurements or photos. I'm afraid of not seeing tangible evidence that it's working or seeing proof that it's not.

I did a session in our short hallway. It has a full length mirror at each end so I can get a look at my form. I found I was leaning a lot further forward during the "pear to a peach" exercises than I thought I was, but I also wasn't pushing my hip out during the standing side stretches like I thought I might have been.

Does anyone else have a feline personal trainer? My cat insists on walking circles around me during the ab work. Walks under my neck and legs and rubs herself on my arms. It's a lot more distracting than Callan makes it seem in the pictures in the first book. LOL
Shhirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mandiew
Hour 5 done! Couldn't be bothered tonight, but forced myself to and now feel great
mandiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarrieK
Stats: 175/130/120 5'2"
WOE: Knife and Fork
Start Date: November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jill_in_the_box View Post
That's great CarrieK!

Unfortunately I didn't get to do my hour last night. My daughter's birthday party is on Saturday and I ran around town like a crazy person trying to get things together and the cake started. Why oh why did I pick this week do start Callanetics? I'm going to shoot for another hour on Saturday evening. I hate how busy life gets sometimes that it makes it so difficult to focus on my health!

Congrats on your 40th hour, purplerose!
How was the party? I love the AM/PM program for days like that. If I think about an hour of exercise I start compiling a list of everything else that needs to be done and coming up with excuses to not do it, but I can spare 30 minutes. It's kinda like I'm bargaining with myself, start at 60 minutes and negotiate down to 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazy View Post
No, no ,no .....have this horrible throat infection that just wont go away .... So much for my best laid plans.... Is it safe to do callanetics when you feel under the weather, i know youre not suppose to do any cardio?
Hope to get into my routine soon
As far as I know Callanetics is perfectly safe if you're feeling up to it but if you can't stop coughing or you get dizzy while exercising you should probably wait until you're feeling better. (I am not a medical professional, this is just my opinion).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison Ave View Post
I've just started doing Callanetics again(only 2x's) but already feel a difference I too remember it from way back when...I only had the book at that time, but, I do remember it being very effective.

So seeing it is more than half way through the month...I am going to commit to 6hrs. Although I am going to shoot for more...I think I should be able to get the 6 in.

Happy shrinking
I had the book too! I used to prop it up on the kitchen counter and hold on to the side of the sink. I didn't know about any Callanetics videos until I found these challenge threads.

I've completed another session of 10 in 10 and one AM/PM QC Abs combo. That's 5 total for the month and I'm feeling it in my legs.
CarrieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Just finished hour 3. Shooting for 6 more this month.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maya fit
So far only 4h done and 6 sessions of cardio
Maya fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya fit View Post
Some work is better than none. Keep up the good work, Maya fit.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya fit View Post
Look at it this way: You've done something 10 of 18 days this month. I'd say that's pretty darn good.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
It's great to see so many doing Callanetics.

I do my routine each day, sometimes more reps, sometimes fewer. Some days, I put in exercises from Evolution, in addition to my old ones from Ten in Ten. The Call. Concepts applied to everything I do, when I remember. The Concepts are the greatest!

Best wishes to all.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GettinHealthy
Stats: 193/ 180/130
WOE: Metabolism Miracle/Step 1
Start Date: 9/14/09. Again on 12/7/2012
Only got 1 hour in so far this month I don't think I'll be able to do the 3-4 hours per week I had originally posted. Extremely busy with work this month. I am going to aim for 1-2 per month, and work my way up.

I did the 10/10 and man did I feel it!! LOL. I am going to do another hour of it tonight, which will bring me up to 2 full hours.
I am not good at the pelvic rotations, and pelvic tilts, but I am using the beginner ones until I can get adapted to them, as my knees hurt when I kneel down on them.
I did some cardio yesterday as I took our 2 pups out for a walk. Each one had an hour walk, so I ended up with a 2 hour walk!! This included a pretty big hill that we had to go up as well.

Any suggestions on how I can do the kneeling to attempt the pelvic rotations and tilts, or is doing the beginner ones ok at this point?
Thanks everyone!!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
GettinHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sette
Stats: 215/199/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: December 2011
Hey Hey!
What a lovely group of people! Excited to finally get to chit chat with you.
Does anyone else have a hard time on the stomach exercises and your neck? I have more pain in my neck than my abs!! I have been holding my neck periodically during the workout when it gets unbearable. I don't want to baby my neck as I know it will get stronger but also don't want to jerk..Callan might not like that!
sette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GettinHealthy
Stats: 193/ 180/130
WOE: Metabolism Miracle/Step 1
Start Date: 9/14/09. Again on 12/7/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sette View Post
Hey Hey!
What a lovely group of people! Excited to finally get to chit chat with you.
Does anyone else have a hard time on the stomach exercises and your neck? I have more pain in my neck than my abs!! I have been holding my neck periodically during the workout when it gets unbearable. I don't want to baby my neck as I know it will get stronger but also don't want to jerk..Callan might not like that!
Hi! I have the beginner's callanetics as well as the 10/10. The beginner's one says that if you feel pulling in your neck/shoulder area, it is ok to put your hands behind your head for support until those muscles become toned and trained.
I personally put my legs up on the sofa, and put my hands behind my head, and I can do all 100 pulses. Man do I feel it the next day then in my abs!!
GettinHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthy View Post
Any suggestions on how I can do the kneeling to attempt the pelvic rotations and tilts, or is doing the beginner ones ok at this point?
Thanks everyone!!

I do these standing up because I have a degenerated knee.

Pretend that you are a rocking chair and squat down with your arms out.

But don't squat down too far.

Tighten your pelvic floor and try doing them standing up.

I do it this way and I can still feel it.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RoyalRose
Hello, I am joining you all in the New Year 2012 Jan. challenge. Thank you again Purple Rose for directing me here. I am so glad to see these posts, and glad to see others enjoying Callanetics. I just started the 10/10 a just under 2 weeks ago. I remember this from the 80's but never tried it. I am glad I finally did!
I am not one to work out, but it is time I do. I plan to continue the 10/10 three times a week. I am at 5 hours now, and I am really enjoying it!
RoyalRose is offline   Reply With Quote