Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyllah View Post
Translationmx:

I took a cheat day a few weeks ago but it wasn't worth it since it took me 3-4 days to get back into Ketosis. Currently I weigh 181 and this is after losing 14 lbs so I have quite a ways to go too. The fast sounds interesting. I'll have to check into it. I also keep looking at the leptin reset stuff. Congrats on reaching recovery week!
I'm totally with you on that one. Coming back from my weekend at the beach I felt so darn bloated and guilty

I'm doing great with my plan. I finished my first fasting day, and then my egg day went great. I'm thinking about stopping my intake of food around 2 pm today, otherwise I'll do another egg day, and then another fast day.

If you're interested in the topic, I'd advice you to get Brad Pilon's book (Eat, Stop, Eat) or visiting the blog Lean Gains (leangains.com). On Lean Gains the owner of the blog, Martin, has lots of scientific info that supports the rationale behind fasting, and why it's good for you in terms of fat loss and general wellness. I'm nerdy, so the scientific stuff appeals to me

I planned on taking a walk with DH and a friend of ours during the afternoon. My back is tender now, so I'll don't do anything strenuous today so I can tackle my recovery week, and then Base II

My ancestors didn’t claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

2nd. ESE day

I started my second 24 hr. fast today at 1 pm. I'm feeling great!! It feels like a detox after the feeding "debauchery" of this past weekend

Tomorrow I'll go for another meat and egg day. Actually, that's the WOE that suits me the best. All my cravings go away, and I eat when I need to, not when I'm bored or whatever else

Tomorrow also it's the start of my recovery week I'm looking forward to do some yoga and take a breather after starting Base Conditioning II. The splits workouts in later weeks look killer
Old 09-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Peri Week 4 Day 1

Yaaaaay!!! I'm re-learning the meaning of the word "basic". I did Basics I again for my first workout in week 4, and honestly basic should not be mistaken with "easy" - ever!!!

My back still hurts though. Sleeping in a bad mattress over last weekend didn't do me any good

I'm taking it easy this week - no extra workouts other than Peri
Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zyllah
Yesterday was a bust workout wise. I always have a hard time getting myself to do cardio and I was so sore from the night before plus PMS I just couldn't do it. I did do a bunch of foam rolling but I'm not sure that counts as a workout I am so sorry about your back that was me yesterday! I would certainly take it easy too. I haven't bought the fasting book but I did look up some threads on it and I think I'll give it a shot. Today I did really well though I had one cup of coffee and according to ****** I've had 10.7 carbs so I'm pretty proud of that. Tonight my plan is to do a yoga class of some sort and some dance. I bought the new Misty Tripoli and I really like it. Anyway I hope you feel better. Oh! I have noticed something new...my underarm flab is going away which is kinda nice.
Zyllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luvia
Stats: Fat/chubby/lean & tight :-)
WOE: Negrita Jayde's Cycling Carb Diet
Week 1 of BalletBody Peri DONE!

Those workouts are INTENSE!

I felt more or less pooped every time - but hey, I like the feeling

The workouts are almost too tough for me, but that is just the way I like it, because it makes me work harder and gives me something to strive for.
If I were in it to breeze through my workouts, I would have chosen something else. With these I really have to push myself every single workout.

It really has been a challenging week. First of all, I had to admit to myself, that I really wasn't any where near the shape I thought (or hoped?) I was in
In the upper body workout, Leah recommends 2-5lbs dumbbells. Being used to lifting weights, hey I have finished P90 and CLX and lift every week, I had a real humbeling experience: after only a FEW minutes, I had to swollow my pride and dig out my 1lbs aerobic dumbbells And still the workout made my muscles burn like FIRE not to mention the DOMS

Second of all, I had to let go of all my illusions about getting to my goal the "easy" way = shorter mid-intensity workouts a couple of times a week.

Yes, an hour and a half is alot of time to commit to working out 3 times a week + cardio on top of that, but I have to face the fact that I need to work hard to reach my goal. I'm not getting any younger (32 at the moment) and it will only become harder in time to slim down.

My birthday is in late march so that makes 28 weeks in all (Peri + the 4 weeks of other types of exercises Leah recommends) to reach my weight loss goal - and I didn't even plan for it !

I have some other goals I want to achieve next year. Slimming down to 110lbs is a kind of temporary starter goal. After that I'll have to evaluate what I need to achieve in terms of fat/muscle ratio, fitness level etc. but that is another post.

For now, I'm looking forward to my next week of Peri starting tomorrow (I always begin my workout week on a sunday) and cardio-wise I'll be doing Turbo Jam - Fat Blaster + going for a run for the first time in 10 years!

Have a great day
Luvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zyllah
They are tough workouts, by the end of the month though they do get a lot easier I've found. You still feel the burn and shake but it's different. I just finished my last workout for month one. I still need to try and fit in some cardio today too. Cardio is my downfall since I find it difficult to make time for it. I'm 2 years older than you so I hear you on it getting harder every year. I hope to hit my goal near my birthday in January but as long as I am closer to it that's good enough. Anyway good luck
Zyllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moonlitworld
Start Date: 09/20/2011
Hi everyone, I've been doing barre style workouts on and off for a few years, I know everyone loves Callanetics, I really tried to like it but it's just so outdated, but more importantly, after I tried Bar Method and Pure Barre, Callanetics (at least the 10 in 10) didn't seem like a full body workout. Bar Method is really good, the DVD's are really well produced and I haven't found any other bar workout with better instruction/cuing. Pure Barre is by far the most difficult one I've tried (again, the ones I've tried being Callanetics, Bar Method, Pure Barre, and Core Fusion). Just wanted to share my experience since it seems some of you are still "trying on" different barre workouts.

moonlitworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Zyllah – I hear you… Darn TOM messes me up good. I feel so blah and lacking energy. Back is better, I guess my current discomfort is due to sleeping on a bad mattress for a couple of days. It’s mostly gone by now though. I too got the Misty DVD!! I’m waiting for the mailman to bring it home to meeee!!! How good is it? Ditto on the arm improvements – Even DH is noticing by now

Wow Luvia!! Congratulations on completing Week 1. Every Peri workout is a humbling experience. I was swinging huge kettlebells prior to this, and I too had to get baby rattle sized dumbbells out of not being able to complete my reps with 3 pound DB. Being truly challenged is amazing. I love how Leah’s workouts are thought out, she’s just out to tone up every area with a very specific aesthetic goal in mind. I do see why she focuses on shoulders and triceps more than any other area… that’s how you achieve the best results in the shape of the arms. I’m only a month in, and I’m plain loving how I’m starting to look

Hi moonlitworld!! Thanx for stopping by! I too give my vote to Bar Method. Burr Leonard is an amazing teacher and her method is quite effective and well-rounded. I have to say I like Leah Sarago’s style better, as she fusions many other disciplines, like yoga and pilates, with traditional barre. I’m having a blast with Periodization

Have a great day everbody!!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Totally forgot!! W4D2

Forgot to check in my workout for Week 4 Day 2. Tomorrow I'll be doing workout 3, and then I'm on to Week 5 - Base Conditioning II
Old 09-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 for Week 4 today!!! woooo whooooo!!!!! Base Conditioning II looks brutal. I previewed some of the segments while I was preparing my playlists, and oh boy... even watching made me sweat and hurt

My eating has been on point for a week now. Even with two family get-togethers over the weekend I was able to stay on plan. I have a big event coming up in about a month, and I want to look my best, but most of all, I want to regain discipline and organization in my day to day life. Just the simple action of logging my food and keeping an eye on my water intake makes a big difference for me

I will be taking pictures of my progress every week. Not sure if I'll be gutsy enough to post them, but I think it's a good tool to see if things are changing. Sometimes the scale and the tape can't tell the whole story
Old 09-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

W4D3

Week 4 is in the books!!!

Basic Conditioning II looks just brutal I'm wondering if I'll be able to do some of the moves. I just previewed briefly my playlists and I guess I'm in for a wild ride. For some masochistic reason, I'm loving that thought

I finally broke the 160s!!! I weight in at 159.6#. I plan on keep the fasting days (I resume eating today at 1pm), and will be watching what I eat on my eating days
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Base Conditioning II

It gets more interesting!! I've been previewing some of the segments I'll be doing this month, and I'm a bit in awe at how strong and graceful Leah is

I'll be doing my workout in a bit, and will report back.

I've been watching my carbs and doing my fasting days. Today I'll stop eating at 1 pm. I feel great, the sluggishness that I felt by mid-afternoon is gone. I'm sore, but I'm loving the pain - some clothes that were tight on me are starting to feel a bit loose.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

W5D1

Whoa!!!

Zyllah, Luvia, guys... if you thought Month 1 was hard... wait until you get to Base II. My oh my!!!! I took countless breaks, and my legs are still shaking, but I made it!!!

No wonder Leah prescribes a rest day between Periodization workouts. She exhausts every muscle, from every angle. Each individual segment looks very doable, but the combination of them is what makes this a true challenge.

I feel accomplished, raving... I guess I'm hitting an all-time barre high.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow... I'm foreseeing waking up almost handicapped after today's workout.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up feeling fine, amazingly...

I feel some soreness in the sides of my tush, but noting major. Let's hope tomorrow I keep doing all right. I'm debating between doing my next workout tomorrow or Sunday... it feels like jumping to the water on the deep end of the pool

I like the level of difficulty of these workouts. I can always modify, but even the modifications demand attention to form. Leah will be releasing the DVDs in the next few months. I'm anxiously waiting for them!! Can't get enough of Ballet Body. I'm loving how I feel, and the results are amazing
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

W5D2!!

Just bumping in real quick to say that Leah is a MONSTER!!!

I'm loving the challenge. I'm yet to measure this week, but my clothes fit way better by the day. Watching what I eat and following Leah are truly giving me the results I wanted.

Total barre high here!!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #76
Junior LCF Member

I like Tracy Anderson, Callanetics, Physique 57, the Barre Method (especially Advanced Dancer's Body). Buns of Steel...the original with Greg Smithey is technically not a barre workout but I really like it.

How many times a week do you girls do the workouts? What kind of results have you been getting? Do you combine the ballet workouts with cardio at all?
Callanetics Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there, Callanetics Addict!! Ballet Body prescribes three workouts a week, adding your own cardio (which I have skipped for the most part).

In later stages of periodization I'll be doing four workouts a week. I had to interrupt my BB workouts last week due to a business trip, but I'm back into it excited and ready to rock it!! I'm restarting Basic Conditioning II, since I only did two workouts for Week 1. I'm happy to report I didn't put any weight on, even though my eating wasn't perfect. I did walk a fair bit during my trip, so maybe the walking helped me out.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

W5D1 - arms and abs

Did my first half of day 1 week 5. I'm going to split my workouts for this month. The two times I tried to do the whole thing from beginning to end (all segments) I felt like dying.

I also added some dancing at the end. I'm hoping to lose more weight/inches this way. Hopefully it will work the way I expect.

I was craving my workouts actually. I found myself dreaming of the feel of accomplishment I get after finishing... barely alive
Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

RESULTS!!! week 6, repeating week 5

I'm very happy!!!! To date, doing nothing but Peri, I've lost 11 inches

My body is definitely looking better. I can see and feel the changes. As much as I loved other forms of exercise, I'm coming to terms with the fact that this style of workouts is what is giving me the best aesthetic results. Let's put it this way - this week, even without working out, I lost about 4 inches - that's what I lost after doing a 14-day strict T-Tapp bootcamp. Bottom line, it's same results, half the time.

I'll do my legs for w5d1 in a bit. I definitely need to write a nice thank you email to Leah - she's a true organic plastic surgeon
Old 10-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

W5D1 - legs

Whoa! The legs segments left me on the floor, curled up in a ball!!!

I definitely need a nap. I don't know why, but this time I really felt the lower body section. I'm guessing it's because I dug deeper into the movements because I wasn't pre-fatigued with the upper body stuff. I'm loving the feeling!

I'm currently mad about fage. I love the taste and the texture. I'm thinking about doing a three day yogurt fast/detox. Some peeps raved about that, as I saw in older posts.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Pain... oh sweet pain

I'm hurting everywhere!!! In a good way. No strange kinks in my joints or lower back.

I think that the idea of dividing the workouts is going to yield better results for me. It gives me more room to grow and more goals to look forward to. I think I'm going deeper, lower and stronger now that I'm doing three segments or so at a time. Doing five or six segments all the way through right now might be a bit too much for me, and I don't want to get hurt again.

Today I'll do my arms and abs for week 5 day 2. I might add one of the legs segments, depending on how I feel
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

W5D2 - arms and abs + cardio

I have to say that the pain I had wrapped around my butt and legs greatly subsided after my workout! I'm feeling great. I'm afraid of tomorrow's workout - 3 leg segments Let's see how that one goes.

I see myself committing to Ballet Body in the long run. The variety seems endless, and everything feels new and challenging. I'm starting my second month, and that's close to unbelievable for me. I did feel this way about Tracy Anderson, but my back injury made me think twice about keep on with her workouts. I might try omnicentric in the future, when I'm stronger... who knows...

I'm looking forward to this week's results. I'm loving Leah's magic!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

W5D2 - legs + cardio

I did my lower body segments and some cardio. I'm trying to learn some dancing combos, so I add the dancing after my Peri stuff. I'm having fun!! I'm soooo looking forward to the end of the week, and see if doing splits works better than doing Periodization just as prescribed.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gretalyn
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: off and on since 2004, on to stay since March 2011
Newbie here with a dumb question. How can I do a barre workout at home where I, unfortunately, do not have a ballet barre? Did you guys invest in a portable barre? Or do you make do with something you already had around the house? Or do some of these workouts not require an actual barre even though they are based on similar methodology? I'm confused!
Gretalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Gretalyn! No question is a dumb question, IMO

Thanx for stopping by. I do Leah Sarago's Ballet Body. The workouts require a bar or some very sturdy piece of furniture (or a counter top, for example) that you can hold on to. I use a chin up bar that uses pressure to adjust in the frame of any door. I set it up slightly over waist high, screw it tight, and presto! Works great for me

I was looking into getting a Fluidity bar, or even installing a fixed wall bar, but so far my portable chin-up thingy works great

Which barre workouts are you doing, or thinking about doing right now?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

W5D3 - split

I did my upper body segments yesterday, and today I did my legs and abs. Boy do I feel it. Splitting the workout allows me to do the exercises better, but I think I feel more tired now that I'm doing one thing one day and the other the next.

On the sunny side, the results are up to par with the effort
Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

W6D1 - no more splits

I did my first workout for day 6 all the way through. I think I felt more tired in general doing splits, so I'm back to the system as-written.

I'm half dead, but raving!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
I've just read through this whole thread and I'm so intrigued by the Ballet Body Periodization System- I think I am going to have to check it out! Are you still doing it?
laurakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurakitty View Post
I've just read through this whole thread and I'm so intrigued by the Ballet Body Periodization System- I think I am going to have to check it out! Are you still doing it?
Hi! Most definitely!! I'm totally hooked on Periodization. I'm loving the results - in six weeks (including an unplanned one week break) I've lost 11 inches all over.

If you enjoy barre I bet you'll enjoy Leah's style. She mixes traditional strength ballet moves with pilates and yoga. It's challenging, but like I've said before, the challenge is totally up to par with the results.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gretalyn
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: off and on since 2004, on to stay since March 2011
Translationmx, thank you so much for the reply, and I apologize for taking so long to get back!

I haven't done any workouts like this before, and in fact I would be grateful for your thoughts on which one(s) is/are good for a beginner. I really have no idea where to start. I've done yoga (love it), pilates (hated it), and T-Tapp (great at first, then got bored) before, but I've never tried this. I was drawn to it because it seems like it's very good work not only for the legs and butt, but especially the core. I have a very hard time (neck and shoulder pain) with ab work that you do on a mat. I hate it (and that's why I hated pilates). Standing core work which includes balance is much, much better for my body. And I wouldn't mind firming up my flabby rear either!

Any suggestions for me?
Gretalyn is offline   Reply With Quote