Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   CALLANETICS AFTER 40 HOURS pICTURES (NO DIET) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/715512-callanetics-after-40-hours-pictures-no-diet.html)

rana 03-29-2011 04:09 AM

CALLANETICS AFTER 40 HOURS pICTURES (NO DIET)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everybody,

These are my photos after 40 hours of Callanetics and no dieting. I know there is a Callanetics before after thread but its been more writing than pictures there so I thought I would share this here. I worked with Romy Hoffman (Certified Callanetics teacher )and very thankful to her...

ChristineCQ 03-29-2011 04:11 AM

I just saw this on Facebook this morning! Amazing!

ValR 03-29-2011 04:26 AM

Amazing results! You look great.

Janna 03-29-2011 09:44 AM

Wow, that is really impressive. I'm glad you posted this, it's remotivating.

I've been doing other things for the past week and feel I'm losing a little ground. I get bored with the Callanetics after a while though. Super Callanetics is fun adn challenging, but since it is a little over an hour I can't fit in (or don't want to). most days.

Saff 03-29-2011 12:17 PM

Hi Rana - congratulations, these are fantastic results!!

Can I please ask when you starting noticing results? I have now done 22 hours and yet to see any real noticeable improvements to my shape.

Thanks for posting - this will keep me motivated!

Kaimi2008 03-29-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValR (Post 14512620)
Amazing results! You look great.

Ditto!! :up::clap::high5::up:

planetbenjamin 03-29-2011 12:49 PM

Looking great! Congratulations :)

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 03-29-2011 02:58 PM

Rana,

That's a whole-lotta smoothin'/leanin' goin on there, girl!

Wow. Great results. Congratulations on your hard work. It certainly paid off.

:shake:
:high5:

Key Tones 03-29-2011 03:21 PM

Wow, thanks for posting!

I did Callanetics once in college where I really stuck to it, and it seriously lifted my rear. I mean, as in totally changed the fit of my jeans. I thought, "are these really my jeans?" I didn't care so much about it back then, but well, I should look into this again!

I still do the back stretch (shoulders on the ground, lift on knee and twist hips until knee touches the ground on opposite side, leave shoulders flat on floor, though, don't let them lift) because it feels so good.

jiggles 03-29-2011 03:57 PM

Wow! You look great! Those kind of pics always make me want to pull out my 10 in 10 video but I'm never able to stick with it. I always get bored. But maybe I should start finding a way to enjoy it!

rana 03-30-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saff (Post 14514095)
Hi Rana - congratulations, these are fantastic results!!

Can I please ask when you starting noticing results? I have now done 22 hours and yet to see any real noticeable improvements to my shape.

Thanks for posting - this will keep me motivated!

Saff, I had taken pictures at 10th lesson and not very much visible results but I could start feeling it in my clothes.
I am no expert but If you havent felt ANY changes after the 22nd in you clothes I would think the form might be the problem. I had done callanetics 4 years ago about 65 times and I havent seen as big results than as now after the 40th. That time I worked by myself with 10/10. This time I worked with EXCELLENT callanetics teacher Romy. I could tell my form before wasnt very good and I hadnt really grasp some of the concepts.. (like really isolating the muscle)

Romy ALWAYS reminds me keep my pelvic floor sipped and stay tall and corrects my form when not right so I am lucky to get the chance to work with a instructor.
I would say while working out try to remember

keeping your pelvic sipped
try to work at your best form
do it slowly but right
If the muscle is burning and is hard than is probably correct form also your muscle almost jumps a little when its correct form...

I hope this helps hope the experts in the forum will give some ideas as well.

rana 03-30-2011 02:25 AM

Thanks everyone:heart::love: for your encouraging words really motivated now! I started dieting this week my goal is taking 60th picture after adding the dieting. Hopefully it would be good enough to share it... :aprayer:

clackley 03-30-2011 05:26 AM

Rana, you had to be eating - could you share? Great transformation!!

Baileyrangefan 03-30-2011 07:15 AM

:clap:Rana,
You do look great.
Thank-you for your comments about correct form that you made to Saff. I started doing some advanced moves lately and discovered/re-discovered that in some exercises, especially the leg and hip ones, that I was only contracting one way! When I contracted both ways my muscles shook.

DID you find that you needed a day off inbetween? I am struggling with what seems to be compulsion to do it every day. From the book by Callan she says her students don't work out every day and who has time for that. So how often did you work out???
Thanks.

rana 03-30-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clackley (Post 14515848)
Rana, you had to be eating - could you share? Great transformation!!

Clackley, Thanks for the encouragement:hiya: I am not sure what you are asking here, are you asking about my diet? I did not change my diet during this 40 hour period at all, I was eating everything and normal (I like eating so normal means probably too much )...
Just this Monday when I started my 41st class I also start watching what I am eating hoping at the 60th lesson with diet I will have good results..
Let me know if you are asking something else..

rana 03-30-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baileyrangefan (Post 14516196)
:clap:Rana,
You do look great.
Thank-you for your comments about correct form that you made to Saff. I started doing some advanced moves lately and discovered/re-discovered that in some exercises, especially the leg and hip ones, that I was only contracting one way! When I contracted both ways my muscles shook.

DID you find that you needed a day off in between? I am struggling with what seems to be compulsion to do it every day. From the book by Callan she says her students don't work out every day and who has time for that. So how often did you work out???
Thanks.

Baileyrangefan, Thanks for the encouragement its really motivation to keep going:kicking:
I actually under worked than ideal, meaning I did it two times a week mostly. It took me about 5 months! I really wish I did it more though had no time.. I was scheduled to do it Monday Fridays and once in a while I Would do it on Wednesday but not very often.. I personally think 3 would be ideal I do believe in your muscles getting too used to do it if its everyday and not work as hard..I tried to do cardio once or twice a week for 30 or 40min but was never regular, I think my cardio maybe would average to once a week in that 5 months..
I really cant imagine myself doing it everyday if I am doing it right, I feel my muscles DO need the rest the next day..

new2natural 03-30-2011 01:16 PM

I'm brand new on this board and finding out about Callanetics. You look amazing! I just ordered my 10/10 DVD and I hope to be there soon! Thanks for sharing!

Janna 03-31-2011 10:23 AM

rana- You inspired me to see if there is a Callanetics instructor where I live. Turns out there is! I am waiting until she opens a sutdio that's fairly close, right now she teaches at 2 other studios that are not as convenient. She said she has a modern take on Callanetics and is certified. Should be open by the end of April. I can't wait.

rana 03-31-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janna (Post 14520379)
rana- You inspired me to see if there is a Callanetics instructor where I live. Turns out there is! I am waiting until she opens a sutdio that's fairly close, right now she teaches at 2 other studios that are not as convenient. She said she has a modern take on Callanetics and is certified. Should be open by the end of April. I can't wait.

Janna! I am so happy you found one :clap:! It is SO worthed. There were days I wanted to stop because of budget reasons but I am SO glad I haven't and I wont as long as possible. I think this is the best investment I have ever done in my life for myself. Not only for look I feel SO SO much stronger and better and more energetic. Its not so obvious yet in the picture but the muscles I feel that I am building are serious! I hope you will enjoy your teacher as much as I do. Good Luck!

steakandNOpotatoes 03-31-2011 06:37 PM

My jaw just dropped looking at those pics! Holy cow!!

I'm going to get my DVD in right away and get started!

minimonkey 04-01-2011 12:38 AM

WOW! What a transformation! I love Callanetics... it gets results, and fast!

Satin 08-15-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rana (Post 14512600)
Hi Everybody,

These are my photos after 40 hours of Callanetics and no dieting. I know there is a Callanetics before after thread but its been more writing than pictures there so I thought I would share this here. I worked with Romy Hoffman (Certified Callanetics teacher )and very thankful to her...

Thats amazing! Ive been doing calanetics, and im starting to doubt, cuz ive put on fer kg... but im still doing it cuz i feel better, but i just thought that its not gonna help me (cuz of those fer kg ive put on :( ) but your pictures will keep me going... ive have done 7 hours now.. I reaaally hope my belly will go away :(

aneurina 09-22-2011 05:37 AM

Very good Rana!! So happy for you...you are an inspiration!

sunrise lady 10-01-2011 09:45 AM

Wonderful results! I agree what you say about getting the form right and (if possible) working with a teacher.

I've had the fortune in the past of managing to sneak a few detours via Sandra's studio for several classes with her, as well as a private to begin with to check my form. It made a lot of difference.

Then I didn't do much for the past year or two, and was fortunate enough to be in Chicago for 5 weeks this past summer where I averaged about 3 times a week doing a class with a wonderful teacher there by the name of Rita (oops, forgot her surname) - and it was just what I needed to kickstart regular callanetics again - body was really starting to get into great shape by the time I had to leave. Since then I hadn't been able to be quite as frequent so I'm playing a little bit of catchup with my legs, but I can see immediate differences when I do a really good and focussed workout on my own. And I'm doing my best to stick to every 2 (or no more than 3) days again.

(When I do Evo I tend to add 10/10's leg stretches. When I do 10/10 I tend to add Evo's leg routine and the extra hip and behind exs and inner thigh stretch. And boy does that speed things up!).

Teachers tend to kick your butt and take you further beyond your comfort zone then you would alone, that's for sure!! I wish there was a teacher near where I live.

But that being said, a few years ago, when I first started Callanetics, I was doing Evolution regularly and reading all the great tips posted in these threads - which really made such a big difference to simply working off a DVD with no extra support, and that summer I was doing it about every 2 days and my body (or at least my legs, which are my nemesis) really was in a great place.
This was before I ever had a chance to work with a teacher. So a lot can be achieved without one when there's no other choice.
And yes - I agree - form is everything!

Looking forward to seeing the updates in your pics after another 20 hours!

lindalove 10-23-2011 11:53 AM

Work it! Congratulations to you for your commitment to good health and a hellva bod. I hope you dance in the rain on your 80th session!

mevluvmark 05-30-2012 07:54 AM

Wow :jumpjoy:, this is amazing.

Jigglebuster 05-31-2012 04:17 AM

Look at you all pulling in!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :clap:

mevluvmark 05-31-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglebuster (Post 15691210)
Look at you all pulling in!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :clap:

Wow jigglebuster that's amazing:clap: so tell me, did you do this everyday or every other day and how many months. How long did it take before you started to see results. I have only done 18 hours, can't wait to see what I'll look like at 136 hours.

Jigglebuster 06-04-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mevluvmark (Post 15691363)
Wow jigglebuster that's amazing:clap: so tell me, did you do this everyday or every other day and how many months. How long did it take before you started to see results. I have only done 18 hours, can't wait to see what I'll look like at 136 hours.

Actually, it took me about 89 hours to bring my measurements down that much. The stats are from 2009, but I keep them up because I know they inspire people and show how fast Callanetics can work. At the time was doing about 13 on average hours per month, which is 3 to 4 times per week. As it is now, I still do Callanetics (I'm not sure how many hours I've done total as of now to be honest), and I'm doing 1 to 2 hours during the warmer months since I'm outside doing parkour a lot. In the winter I do it maybe twice a week now, and my measurements are the same.

It took me about 3 sessions to see results as far as my flexibility was concerned. And as far as pulling in, my body lifted before it pulled it, so my measurements didn't change for over a month, but I felt stronger, and I was taller, and felt just better, even emotionally, all within the 10 hours.

Hope that helps!

bubbshjs 06-09-2012 01:40 AM

Brilliant!