Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Exercise Board (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/)
-   -   November 2010 Callanetics Challange (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/exercise-board/697070-november-2010-callanetics-challange.html)

Donna D 11-01-2010 03:09 AM

November 2010 Callanetics Challange

Quoting Sandra

Some of the benefits seen by Callanetics students:

Tight, lifted firm buttocks
Flatter toned abs
Long lean legs with awesome muscle definition
Lean, sculpted arms
Youthful neckline
Stronger pelvic floor
Increased sex drive and stronger ******s
Increased flexibility
Increased strength
Restore youthful alignment and posture

Feel full of energy, vitality and empowered. There's nothing like Callanetics to safely tone and shape the body.

Callanetics is safe for everyone regardless of age and fitness level. It's particularly beneficial and safe for people with back, neck and knee issues.

Reclaim your youthful body shape by joining us for the February Challenge.

Certified Callanetics Instructors post regularly to help with any queries, modifications and intensifications.

For more information become a fan of:

Callanetics Evolution | Facebook

and

Callanetics | Facebook

Donna D 11-01-2010 03:10 AM

I seldom post my workouts but plan on more Callanetics this month as we are rapidly approaching holiday season.

beebee76 11-01-2010 07:42 AM

Hi! I would like to join the challenge. I just joined the forum recently and started Callanetics on October 20th and did 6 hours of 10/10. I am aiming for 15 hours this month. I don't have a lot of weight to lose...maybe 5-10 pounds but I really need to tone up/ lose inches.

Surprisingly, most of my results so far have been upper body. I lost 1" off each upper arm and 1 1/2" inches below my bust and 1 1/2" off my bust( I think it's inches off my back). My bust seems to be lifted! Which I am very happy about. Have others noticed their bust lifting? I am wondering if any of the other videos have other exercises that work on this area. I am assuming it's the under arm tightener that's working this area.

I also lost 1" off my hips but gained an inch on my waist :(. Reading through the forum, I've seen others say that's temporary so I hope it starts going down soon. That's the area I was trying to tone up the most and my belly looks bigger now. I've also noticed that the left side is starting to get some lines but the right side is not. I'm not sure if I'm doing some of the exercises wrong and not working the right side enough.

I am thinking about getting Callanetics Evolution. I have a very bad swayed back. Are there more exercises to help with a swayed back in that dvd?

Overall, I'm amazed at how fast I've lost inches in my upper body though! I just took a look with a mirror at my back and it's very smooth and I have very little fat on my back now. So exciting!

lostintransition 11-01-2010 02:43 PM

I too first see results on the top part of my body. Breasts lift. At the same time, ankles appear thinner. Calves elongate almost immediately. Then come the knees and lower thighs. These tone and firm, becoming visually slimmer. At the same time, more definition appear on the bust / rib cage area. It really seems to be working from both ends towards the middle for me - the waist and tummy being last to transform!

pconnolly 11-01-2010 04:36 PM

new user here!!! just completed my 1st hour of 10/10 and wow it was tough! took sme b4 pictures and will post after 10hrs, plan on doing 20hrs this month!

Javaholic 11-01-2010 10:50 PM

I am so diappointed..

After starting so well with the challenge I got knocked right out by a chest infection, and coughed my way through the rest of October. :cry:

Now that I am starting to get better, I really want to ease back in. I miss it!

So for this month I am aiming for 10 hours of 10/10, and maybe some Evo when it arrives (ordered from Amazon).

All the best to the rest of you guys with this month's challenge.

szilvihorv 11-02-2010 05:20 AM

Hi!

I haven't been around lately because I temporarily needed to stop callanetics but I started to work out last week again!

I have a question and I hope there's someone who can help me out here :)
How do I know I do the stomach exercises right? Callan says to round my torso in my stomach but how do I know really 'round' it or I'm just using my back/waist muscles? Where should I feel sore/pain? I can't really tell whether I use my stomach muscles or my back muscles. What I know is, my stomach muscles start to hurt pretty early and my back+waist don't hurt.
I know it's hard to answer to a question like this but the smallest help would do wonders to me I guess :)

sweettooth 11-02-2010 07:05 AM

ThankDonnaD for starting the November challenge! I've just completed my first hour of 10/10 for the challenge.I hope to complete at least 10 hours, maybe 12.Hope o reach my goal! happy pulsing and good luck to everyone!

beebee76 11-02-2010 07:23 AM

I did my first hour of 10/10, for this month last night(I've done 7 total now). 14 more to go! :)

I noticed my thighs were looking different today...actually they are looking bigger so I measured them and they are actually a 1/2" smaller on both sides.

Any ideas what could make them appear bigger when I actually lost inches?

alaskachick 11-02-2010 09:27 AM

Hello everyone!

Logging one hour 10/10 yesterday.:clap:

Goal: 2 per week, plus my cardio.

Erica

beebiz 11-02-2010 09:30 AM

I would like to join this challenge this month. I ordered the 10/10 last month and watched it. I am going to aim for 10 hours this month. I'm just trying to figure out when I can claim one uninterrupted hour for myself to do this. I can't wait to get started and seeing results.

alaskachick 11-02-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beebee76 (Post 14050102)
I did my first hour of 10/10, for this month last night(I've done 7 total now). 14 more to go! :)

I noticed my thighs were looking different today...actually they are looking bigger so I measured them and they are actually a 1/2" smaller on both sides.

Any ideas what could make them appear bigger when I actually lost inches?

Maybe your adjoining areas are portionally smaller, (hip/knee?), making your thigh appear bigger?

That's my vote! :kicking:

Javaholic 11-02-2010 12:10 PM

woohoo! 1hr of 10/10 completed.

pconnolly 11-02-2010 12:53 PM

woop 2nd hr completed!! and boy it was tough but i must definitely be doing it rite my muscles definitely feel worked!!! :up:

planetbenjamin 11-02-2010 06:03 PM

Did my hour tonight. Good luck for the month everyone :)

mevluvmark 11-02-2010 08:38 PM

I did 10/10 yesterday:clap:, tomorrow i will do evolution. I am thinking about doing a bootcamp starting this monday 11/08 of callanetic everyday for a week to give myself a jump start. Do you guys know of anyone who have done callan everyday for a week? I know that you are suppose to take a day break in between session, but i just want to see what results i would have.

planetbenjamin 11-03-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mevluvmark (Post 14052261)
I did 10/10 yesterday:clap:, tomorrow i will do evolution. I am thinking about doing a bootcamp starting this monday 11/08 of callanetic everyday for a week to give myself a jump start. Do you guys know of anyone who have done callan everyday for a week? I know that you are suppose to take a day break in between session, but i just want to see what results i would have.

I've often done it everyday in the past. It always made me feel AMAZING! If your body starts to ache, just take a day off. Your body will tell you if it's had enough!

tempted_by_food 11-03-2010 03:57 AM

I had a plan to do it ever day for a month I did it 19 days and wiped myself out never again lol take some rest if needed. I did it along with other exercise.

beebee76 11-03-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskachick (Post 14050556)
Maybe your adjoining areas are portionally smaller, (hip/knee?), making your thigh appear bigger?

That's my vote! :kicking:

Thank you. That could be it since I have lost about 1 1/2" from my hips. Hopefully, the thighs will start shrinking more!

I did my 2nd hour last night and bought Evolution on Amazon. I am going to alternate 10/10 and Evolution once I get it! :)

pconnolly 11-03-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mevluvmark (Post 14052261)

hey mevlumark, i started callenetics on monday, just completed my 3rd hour of 10/10 tonite, im planning on doing it for 7 days straight, i took my measurements and before pictures (which were awful!!!) so i can let ya no my measurements after 7 days.. was gonna wait til after 10 sessions but if it helps u any i may as well

kode 11-04-2010 03:35 PM

Hey Alaskachick... I just moved from North Pole to Eielson Air Force Base.....loving Alaska!

I did finally get my tapes and have been doing it. Does anyone know if we can do them 5 days in a row like Mon-Fri?

kode 11-04-2010 03:41 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get my picture to show up in my post hehe I can't get it to do that.

pconnolly 11-04-2010 03:48 PM

4th hour of 10/10 in done and it aint getting any easier!!! lol

and kode some ppl have 1 day on 1 day off other people do it mon - fri i think as long as ya give urself a break and listen to ur body ull be fine im even planning on doing it for 7 days straight! lol just a kick start

planetbenjamin 11-05-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kode (Post 14057701)
Can anyone tell me how to get my picture to show up in my post hehe I can't get it to do that.

The easiest way is to go to a site called photobucket.com Sign up for a free account. Upload your photo. When your photo is uploaded it will give you a link that you copy and then paste into your post on this site. :clap:

laurakitty 11-05-2010 07:11 AM

1 hr of 10/10

alaskachick 11-05-2010 09:35 AM

hi kode - glad you are loving the interior! we are in the sloppy slushy stages now......=(

beebee - i would love to know how you like evolution, i have been thinking of ordering that to mix things up a bit.

logging 1hr 10/10 yesterday. (body feeling it!)

my husband says the upper part of my behind is looking FLATTER.... huh???? i think maybe the bottom is rounder comparitively and throwing off his perception.... heehee!!!:laugh:

aw, well, i know those muscles are getting tight! i can feel it!

erica

pconnolly 11-06-2010 04:54 AM

5th hour done!! couldnt be bothered doing it today just wanted to stay in bed but done it anyway and then my mum told me it looks as if ive lost weight :D so made it all worth while!!

laurakitty 11-06-2010 06:23 AM

Woke up late so only had time for half an hour- hopefully I can fit in the other half this evening.

sweettooth 11-06-2010 02:34 PM

Managed to do half an hour yesterday: hips/behind and abs from Evolution.

Erica

Quote:

i would love to know how you like evolution, i have been thinking of ordering that to mix things up a bit.
I have both: 10/10 and Evolution, and I bought Evo because it contains very useful infos about pelvic floor, counterpulls etc. etc. Plus it has different exercises which will help you to keep your muscle challenged as they won't be working always in the same way.And last but not least, modifications are shown so you can choose if doing beginner or intermediate level.
Hope to have helped you a bit :)

Javaholic 11-07-2010 06:02 AM

Logging 1 hr of Evolution. I love it!!!!!! :heart: it's such a relaxing but effective workout.
Just wondering whether anyone has an idea of the number of reps to aim for?
It would be nice to have a number to work up to.
Thanks!