Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member
 
leena_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Gallery: leena_k
Thanks jigglebuster .. i am very happy surprised .. its a mixed feeling kind of a thing ... thanks Callan
leena_k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Gallery: mandy c
Hi everyone! I am new to this thread, but not so new to callenetics! I have done these exercises on and off for 10 years, but I notice after a period of absence, things have changed! I really need help and would appreicate any comments. I don't have much weight to loose, only about 6 lbs but I do need to tone up and I have always had trouble with the behind and hip exercises. I notice that some instructors are using different methods (eg laying on the floor) I'm really confused as I follow 10/10 and must admit my behind is never a peach! :-) I never feel these exercises working where am I going wrong? I'm on my 9th hour, improvement on my upperbody so far. Please help!!!
mandy c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 62
Gallery: morton19
Just finished 5/17!
morton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
Javaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Javaholic
WOE: trying to cut out the junk!
logging my hour of Evo done last night
Javaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 444
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy c View Post
Hi everyone! I am new to this thread, but not so new to callenetics! I have done these exercises on and off for 10 years, but I notice after a period of absence, things have changed! I really need help and would appreicate any comments. I don't have much weight to loose, only about 6 lbs but I do need to tone up and I have always had trouble with the behind and hip exercises. I notice that some instructors are using different methods (eg laying on the floor) I'm really confused as I follow 10/10 and must admit my behind is never a peach! :-) I never feel these exercises working where am I going wrong? I'm on my 9th hour, improvement on my upperbody so far. Please help!!!
Hi Mandy,

You really want to stretch your leg out, right out of its socket. Engage your pelvic floor, which will straighten your spine, and turn the working leg in. If you're still not feeling it, bring your leg back and inch or so, then turn it in, all the while engaging your pelvic floor. I like to stretch out my neck too, so the whole spine is in a relaxed but slightly taught position. Do yourself a favour and read all the previous monthly challenges, you'd be surprised how much information you'll discover there.

Another couple hours of a mixed bag of Callanetics!
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/30.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39.75"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 109 hours (6/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
Javaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Javaholic
WOE: trying to cut out the junk!
Another hour of Evolution last night.
Javaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Gallery: lostintransition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Hi Mandy,

You really want to stretch your leg out, right out of its socket. Engage your pelvic floor, which will straighten your spine, and turn the working leg in. If you're still not feeling it, bring your leg back and inch or so, then turn it in, all the while engaging your pelvic floor.
Yes, but when I stretch it out of its socket like that - as opposed to trdtitional way - I always find I get bigger thigh circumference (at a lower point of the thigh, too!) ... I wouldn't mind larger thighs at the top, but not lower... :-( Why is that, anybody knows?
lostintransition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Gallery: lostintransition
Help!

My thighs look like whales...
My knees are covered in fat.
I have been doing Callanetics 10/10 & superC regularly since last Feb. At first I got the nice, tight results and all was going well, giving me hope. Flatter abs, higher, rounder derrière, thinning thighs, fine elongated knees & calves.

But since Sept. I have been stagnating or, it seems, becoming flabbier. And now my legs have become, to put flatly, fat (pardon the pun!). They still somewhat retained the Callanetic fusiform look, but covered with fat and thighs are a like sausages. Pants and skirts that use to fit or even be too large are now too tight again.

I don't understand, I have been doing the exercises diligently every other day or so, along with cardio, aqua-aerobics, and yoga. I take days off, eat properly and not anymore than before.

The only new thing I have done more seriously since August are the hip rotations. I finally broke through the "oh-my-I-am-dying-can't-do-this" stage back then and started to build from there. Now I can do 20 of each, so I do. And I stretch too.

Maybe it's the culprit?

I am sorry for all this ranting.

It's just so frustrating to spend so much time and energy on something only to find you're body's changing... what seems like in the wrong way!

Today I went through and through my clothes, changing 3-4 times because the tightness was indecent, clock ticking... hate, hate it when it happens.

So I guess my questions to you are:

Has it ever happened to you?

Should I continue to include the hip rotations to my Call routine, or should I back off?
Or could it be due to something else entirely I'm doing wrong?

To those of you who are veterans and have seen all the colors and highs and lows of your body changing, do thighs eventually shrink back or do they just continue to enlarge in a Rubenesque direction when sticking to the hip rotations?

I should say I am petite (but not thin), 5'3: long torso, narrow hips, short legs that easily get muscular. I've had one child, not recent, if that can make any difference.

Thank you so much for your advice!
lostintransition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sandrahanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,352
Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Hi Mandy,

You really want to stretch your leg out, right out of its socket. Engage your pelvic floor, which will straighten your spine, and turn the working leg in. If you're still not feeling it, bring your leg back and inch or so, then turn it in, all the while engaging your pelvic floor. I like to stretch out my neck too, so the whole spine is in a relaxed but slightly taught position. Do yourself a favour and read all the previous monthly challenges, you'd be surprised how much information you'll discover there.

Another couple hours of a mixed bag of Callanetics!

Great advice as always Jigglebuster

One point though - when you engage the pelvic floor the legs turn outwards. You are right about keeping the neck lengthened, the lengthening starts at the tailbone and goes right up through the spine (including neck) and flows out through the crown.

I like to think of the counterpulls being infinite. They go way beyond crown and heel or knee. The more open your body is a feels the deeper you will be working. In the beginning you have to imagine it before you feel it but eventually you will feel a glorious lengthening and the mid section of your body will feel open and soft.
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sandrahanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,352
Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintransition View Post
Yes, but when I stretch it out of its socket like that - as opposed to trdtitional way - I always find I get bigger thigh circumference (at a lower point of the thigh, too!) ... I wouldn't mind larger thighs at the top, but not lower... :-( Why is that, anybody knows?


Callan taught stretching the leg out also so this isn't a new concept in Callanetics. The more thoroughly stretched the leg is to it's maximal length the longer and leaner the leg becomes. Check next time that you are lengthening the entire leg out, stretching completely the entire leg but still keeping your knee soft....but straight. Sounds like you may be stretching wonderfully from the top of the leg but then not completely through the rest of the leg.

Let me know if this works or helps
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sandrahanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,352
Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintransition View Post
Help!

My thighs look like whales...
My knees are covered in fat.
I have been doing Callanetics 10/10 & superC regularly since last Feb. At first I got the nice, tight results and all was going well, giving me hope. Flatter abs, higher, rounder derrière, thinning thighs, fine elongated knees & calves.

But since Sept. I have been stagnating or, it seems, becoming flabbier. And now my legs have become, to put flatly, fat (pardon the pun!). They still somewhat retained the Callanetic fusiform look, but covered with fat and thighs are a like sausages. Pants and skirts that use to fit or even be too large are now too tight again.

I don't understand, I have been doing the exercises diligently every other day or so, along with cardio, aqua-aerobics, and yoga. I take days off, eat properly and not anymore than before.

The only new thing I have done more seriously since August are the hip rotations. I finally broke through the "oh-my-I-am-dying-can't-do-this" stage back then and started to build from there. Now I can do 20 of each, so I do. And I stretch too.

Maybe it's the culprit?

I am sorry for all this ranting.

It's just so frustrating to spend so much time and energy on something only to find you're body's changing... what seems like in the wrong way!

Today I went through and through my clothes, changing 3-4 times because the tightness was indecent, clock ticking... hate, hate it when it happens.

So I guess my questions to you are:

Has it ever happened to you?

Should I continue to include the hip rotations to my Call routine, or should I back off?
Or could it be due to something else entirely I'm doing wrong?

To those of you who are veterans and have seen all the colors and highs and lows of your body changing, do thighs eventually shrink back or do they just continue to enlarge in a Rubenesque direction when sticking to the hip rotations?

I should say I am petite (but not thin), 5'3: long torso, narrow hips, short legs that easily get muscular. I've had one child, not recent, if that can make any difference.

Thank you so much for your advice!


Gosh, poor you - I can understand your frustration, and shock at this

I haven't heard of this before unless someone has gained a lot of weight through eating or has a thyroid issue. You may like to have a check-up with your doctor.

However, maybe you need to do something different; although it sounds like you do mix things up anyway.

Another thought...you may be changing very deeply 'inside' and very quickly all of a sudden and this is creating a blow out of the outer, larger surface muscles.

I know you don't use Evolution but try to incorporate the concept of lengthening through counterpulls and activating your pelvic floor. This accelerates the changes and creates wonderful changes to alignment and posture.

You'll find more info on this in Jigglebuster's posts and my last post. Let me know if you still not clear.
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Gallery: lostintransition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
Callan taught stretching the leg out also so this isn't a new concept in Callanetics. The more thoroughly stretched the leg is to it's maximal length the longer and leaner the leg becomes. Check next time that you are lengthening the entire leg out, stretching completely the entire leg but still keeping your knee soft....but straight. Sounds like you may be stretching wonderfully from the top of the leg but then not completely through the rest of the leg.

Let me know if this works or helps
Thank you Sandra! I will as of my next workout!
lostintransition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Gallery: lostintransition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
Gosh, poor you - I can understand your frustration, and shock at this

I haven't heard of this before unless someone has gained a lot of weight through eating or has a thyroid issue. You may like to have a check-up with your doctor.

However, maybe you need to do something different; although it sounds like you do mix things up anyway.

Another thought...you may be changing very deeply 'inside' and very quickly all of a sudden and this is creating a blow out of the outer, larger surface muscles.

I know you don't use Evolution but try to incorporate the concept of lengthening through counterpulls and activating your pelvic floor. This accelerates the changes and creates wonderful changes to alignment and posture.

You'll find more info on this in Jigglebuster's posts and my last post. Let me know if you still not clear.
Thank you again!

Thyroid: I do have thyroid issues, and have been under meds for 6 yrs. I had thought about it too. But regular checks indicate I'm fine...

Activating the pelvic floor: I sure do a lot of it during the exercises since reading all your wonderful posts. In the beginning, I felt the shake someone accurately described as bubbling, and also saw fast results.

But as of late it's true, I haven't felt the bubbling much. Maybe I should go back and review my form. I keep trying to both roll up the hips while leg rolled in.

Whre is the counterpull explained? Is it on the evo video? Should I start do this one instead?


Thank you so much this is giving me great incentive for my next workout!
lostintransition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
laurakitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 259
Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
I have to admit that I feel like I am gaining weight everywhere since I restarted callanetics also. I would have thought i was passed the point where you expand (and then woosh), but there has been no woosh and I'm even getting larger around my chest/back. Nothing fits and it all very upsetting for me, especially since I love callanetics. I'm sticking with it for the moment, to see if it does suddenly drop but I don't know what to do...
laurakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 444
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
Great advice as always Jigglebuster

One point though - when you engage the pelvic floor the legs turn outwards. You are right about keeping the neck lengthened, the lengthening starts at the tailbone and goes right up through the spine (including neck) and flows out through the crown.
Oops! Yes, outwards. :blush:
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 444
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintransition View Post
Thank you again!

Thyroid: I do have thyroid issues, and have been under meds for 6 yrs. I had thought about it too. But regular checks indicate I'm fine...

Activating the pelvic floor: I sure do a lot of it during the exercises since reading all your wonderful posts. In the beginning, I felt the shake someone accurately described as bubbling, and also saw fast results.

But as of late it's true, I haven't felt the bubbling much. Maybe I should go back and review my form. I keep trying to both roll up the hips while leg rolled in.

Whre is the counterpull explained? Is it on the evo video? Should I start do this one instead?


Thank you so much this is giving me great incentive for my next workout!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurakitty View Post
I have to admit that I feel like I am gaining weight everywhere since I restarted callanetics also. I would have thought i was passed the point where you expand (and then woosh), but there has been no woosh and I'm even getting larger around my chest/back. Nothing fits and it all very upsetting for me, especially since I love callanetics. I'm sticking with it for the moment, to see if it does suddenly drop but I don't know what to do...
Hi You two!

Another thing you may want to consider is your stress level.... Many women hold on to or gain weight as a means to emotionally protect themselves, not as a way to purposely be heavier, but as a means of having a place to put the negative energy. So, instead of releasing the stress, you may be storing it in your body. One thing you can do is while you're doing your Callanetics, practice breathing your stress out into the earth out through your pelvic floor, when engaging it. And of course another is to look at your life and see where you can make changes to have less stress in your life, and in how you're dealing with the stress itself.

Hope this helps!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
LoCarbLita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 198
Gallery: LoCarbLita
Stats: 14/4/7-8
WOE: Atkins 10+ years strong!
Is it too late to join for this month? I plan on starting mine tomorrow, and doing this till I drop, literally! I think I might feel bold and do my treadmill too. I have the 10/10, and I can't wait to join your successes! So, hi!
LoCarbLita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member
 
leena_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Gallery: leena_k
two more hrs ... how long did it take you guys to get the stomach exercises ... i am soo bad at those
leena_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 62
Gallery: morton19
Tomorrow I'm going to try Super Callanetics again. I have read that 1 SC is the equivalent to 20 hours of 10 in 10. Is this true? I desperately want to drop 2 sizes in the next month.

Also, my legs are slimming down significantly but my calves are still huge. They will always be large based on my body type but does anyone have any calf slimming exercises I could try?
Thanks!
morton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member
 
Javaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Javaholic
WOE: trying to cut out the junk!
Logging another hour of evo and 20 min cardio.

My hips and thighs are slimming beautifully, it's awesome!
My sister even asked if I was wearing a new pair of jeans! And I said no, just a new pair of hips
Javaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
Javaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Javaholic
WOE: trying to cut out the junk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morton19 View Post
Tomorrow I'm going to try Super Callanetics again. I have read that 1 SC is the equivalent to 20 hours of 10 in 10. Is this true? I desperately want to drop 2 sizes in the next month.

Also, my legs are slimming down significantly but my calves are still huge. They will always be large based on my body type but does anyone have any calf slimming exercises I could try?
Thanks!
Hi Morton19.

You are preaching to the choir over here. I have HUGE calves. To the point of feeling self-conscious about them and wanting to kill the people who comment on them :blush: ok, maybe I'm too young to serve jail time, but you get what I'm saying, I'm sure.

Soo, I am also researching calf slimming exercises, and came across one which I found on a callanetics thread some time ago and copied for myself. Please see below:


Here is another exercise I do with clients who are bothered with their calves.
In the studio I would use a stepper, at home I just use a couple of thick books on top of each other.
Stand with only the first third of your feet on top of books, hold on to chair for balance. Engage your PF and stretch up through the crown of your head as much as you can.
Push up on your toes as much as you can and then lower down, your heels should be a bit lower than books are, but they dont touch the floor. Do this 10 times in the beginning and work up to 50 slowly.

If you want to intensify: after you have done these reps keep your position on toes, heels as high as you can. Do very small pulses by pushing up on your toes even higher, this is millimetre work.
You will feel all the back of your legs working up to your buttocks.

To stretch after, lean your upper body forward and step one leg back and push heel into floor. If you can, keep the stretching leg straight, if not bend knee slightly. Hold stretch at least to the count of 20, but more is fine as well.

This one works well for my ladies, they are pleased with the results. Once I even had a message from a ladies husband who said he is pleased with the way his wifes body is changing - but he is not impressed with her spending so much money on new shoes/boots !!! I took it as a compliment


Unfortunately I cannot credit the author as I don't remember on which thread (month/year) I found it. Option 2 is below:


They're really easy to be done. And remember to do calf stretching, especially before and after high reps/ light weight training and cardio, to prevent tightness of muscles, which can lead to injury, pulled calf muscle, and bulking up your calf.

High reps/ light weight training
Low reps/ heavy weight training tends to increase muscle size, on the other hand, high reps/ light weight tone up muscle, so do high reps/ light weight training instead of heavy weight training, i.e. 4 sets of 15 to 25 reps standing or seated calf raised training using just body weight. Do it twice or more per week and your calves will tightened and shrink up.

Cardio
Cardio is great for losing fat and the good news is you'll never gain muscle from it. A lots of Cardio like swimming, running, cycling, skipping, etc. combined with high fiber/low protein intake diet can trim up your legs, you can even reduce muscle size and taken off an inch or more from your calves, it's good for your health too.

Pilates and Yoga
Exercise programs like Pilates and yoga that involve both strengthening and stretching are great to elongate and lengthen muscles thus give you a taller posture, which means longer and leaner legs.

Walking
Walking lengthens the muscles and gives a better shape to your leg. It's easy to be done and also reduces the risks of many major diseases like heart disease, diabetes, etc
.

I'll be trying to incorporate these into my exercise routine too.

So I hope these help us, and I can't wait for us to get awesome results
Javaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:02 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 444
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I lost many inches off my calves, and all I was doing was walking in deep snow, and ... Callanetics.

I would recommend doing a stretch specifically for the calves in addition to the program, but I think you'll find the second leg stretch on the bar is actually designed to stretch the calf too, once you get past the hips and hamstrings being so tight.


leena many people struggle with the stomach exercises. Fortunately, I wasn't one of them, but then, I have my own struggles. You didn't say what part of the exercise you were struggling with, exactly, so I can't specify here, but the key is to relax all your other muscles and visualize what you want to do, and let your body follow. In other words, don't try so hard, and it'll happen. If you try to force anything Callanetics, it'll work against you. So on the first one all your focus will be in visualizing the tiny rounding motion of the upper abs, the second one will be for the middle portion, and the third will be for the lower. If you need more specific answers, I know you'll find a ton within the previous monthly challenges.

Let us know how you do!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 11-17-2010 at 05:03 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member
 
leena_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Gallery: leena_k
Thanks for the info Jigglebuster, its just the count .. i can do upto 50 -60 and thats it ...
leena_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 62
Gallery: morton19
Thanks for those tips Javaholic! I just printed them out and will give it a try tonight.

Jigglebuster- That is encouraging too! Even in the past though when I was doing callanetics several times a week on a regular basis. I actually don't have that I have any tightness in my hamstrings or hips during those stretches. I love those stretches and always double them!

I'm off to do Super Callanetics. Or try to.
morton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 444
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by leena_k View Post
Thanks for the info Jigglebuster, its just the count .. i can do upto 50 -60 and thats it ...
Ah! If that's the case, then try tricking your brain and start at 1 again after 60. Sometimes this helps me get the exercises I think I can't do any more for. I'll go until seventy and simply do another 30 without stopping - so easy! Of course, if you can't pull off another 40, then try and do another 3, then another 6, or even 10. It doesn't have to be a big feat, this is for you, and is about taking care of you, be gentle and your body will respond in kind, it doesn't have to be a race.

Oh! And if you're not, start breathing while you're moving, you'd be surprised how much this can effect what we're capable of.

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 11-17-2010 at 08:22 PM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
Javaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Javaholic
WOE: trying to cut out the junk!
oh, happy to help.

logging one hour of callanetics evolution done last night. The abs completely killed me, and usually i can manage those. let's not even talk about the ab exercise where your legs are stretched out in a V-shape..
Javaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:53 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 283
Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: BFC
Start Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Oops! Yes, outwards. :blush:
COMPLETELY CONFUSED!!!
Outwards? Doesn't Callan say to turn leg inwards?? Where exactly should I be 'feeling' this?
Thanks!
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #88
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15
Gallery: lostintransition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Hi You two!

Another thing you may want to consider is your stress level.... Many women hold on to or gain weight as a means to emotionally protect themselves, not as a way to purposely be heavier, but as a means of having a place to put the negative energy. So, instead of releasing the stress, you may be storing it in your body. One thing you can do is while you're doing your Callanetics, practice breathing your stress out into the earth out through your pelvic floor, when engaging it. And of course another is to look at your life and see where you can make changes to have less stress in your life, and in how you're dealing with the stress itself.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this insight on this Jigglebuster. Yes, it's true, I have been under stress since Sept. I'm following your advice.
lostintransition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
Live Vintageously's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rocky Mountains, Colorado
Posts: 146
Stats: Lost 100 lbs. & 6 sizes; 30 lbs. and 2 sizes left!
WOE: Low cal, mod carb, and cycle it all
Start Date: Summer 2002
Checking in with Callanetics PM. Haven't gotten any C workouts in this week, as I'm resting up after becoming violently ill Tuesday night. No fun! Much, much better now. Will try to get in a workout over the weekend if I'm up to it.
Live Vintageously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 444
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
COMPLETELY CONFUSED!!!
Outwards? Doesn't Callan say to turn leg inwards?? Where exactly should I be 'feeling' this?
Thanks!
I know... But when you engage the pelvic floor, your leg will naturally turn outward a bit, I think Callan mentions this too.
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.