Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Hoppinn
Stats: 236/139/140
WOE: CALP & Exercise
Start Date: March 3, 2008
Callanetics, 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours!
I completed 1 hour!
2009: 23 hours
January goal: 13 hours
7 out of 13 completed!
Hoppinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cyberange
Stats: 75kg
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: january 2010
callanetics 10/10
Made the 5th hours yesterday today I have a break but I must say that it becomes easier day by day
I really love this !
Have a good week end
cyberange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLight View Post
Oh yes. I had one of those moments yesterday while doing Evo. I've been wondering why those hips&behind exercises don't really seem to work. I mean, it feels too easy. I've been checking my hip alignment, my back alignment, and all such things - no results. I just thought that maybe it'll come once it gets easier being in that position (or something). But still, it was sooo frustrating.

Then, yesterday, it hit me while I was doing the second exercise where the leg is extended to the side. I realized I had never really extended the leg from the hip socket. I must have read that a thousand times!

Well, now they work!

Great Once you experience how it really feels to isolate and feel the muscles working super deep you'll never go back to how you used to do it. You'll become a heap more confident and find further ways to intensify.

Once you're in position and pulsing continue to tighten your PF deeper and lengthen further and further through the counterpulls. For this one I put a great deal of focus on lengthen the leg out more than ever until I feel the muscles starting to quiver and you feel it right next to the bone. Breathe deeply to enable you to relax and this takes you even deeper. It starts to become pretty easy to recognise when you've lost your best position as you'll no longer feel it as strongly.

Make sure that you stay stable while you pulse. Keep shoulder over elbow etc. If you find your shoulder collapses forward or further over to side reposition yourself. Don't waste time and energy pulsing when you've lost counterpulls or collapsed inward. This becomes more and more important as you become stronger.

Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gillygum
Stats: 5'6 - 150+/132.2/120
WOE: experimenting
would like to join even though it's a lil late...! will do my first hour of callanetics tomorrow. is there any one here who does callanetics every other day?
gillygum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: happyladi
Stats: 251/164
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: February 19, 2012
Thanks Sandrahanna for your reply. Enjoy reading everyone else's post and tips Sandrahanna offers. Tonight doing the seated hip/behind section, really
s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out each leg and it made such a difference...couldn't do all the reps had been doing. I took yesterday off from Callanetics and just walked. Today did a 5-mile Leslie and 10/10.
Sandrahanna, also thanks for the diet suggestions. Even though the software I'm using is called "Weight-By-Date" the main reason I really enjoy it is I can tract exactly what I'm eating (trying to establish a good habit of mindful eating)
and it allows tracking of almost any nutrient...for me protein is really hard to hit my target because I loathe most meat so I'm needing to learn how to get enough from all other sources and watching how the numbers add up really helps me. Stay safe everyone.
happyladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:50 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: edna_scooter
number 9/16 yesterday
edna_scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TerriG
Stats: 236/177/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2009
Hi! I'm new here... been doing Low-Carb since June 15, 2009, down from 227 to 176, about 16 more to go!!! A friend of mine and I walked almost daily the whole summer, 2-3 miles a day. Once the time changed we switched to videos, including Callanetics. The holidays got the better of us and we weren't very good at keeping a steady schedule of exercise, but we've recommited and are now done with 7 hours of Callanetics since the first of the year. We also do a ballet conditioning/toning video. I can't believe the transformation my own body had taken, for example, I see definition lines forming in my ab region that have NEVER been there before!!!

We found this site looking for before and after pictures for Callanetics and I want to thank all of you for your motivation and inspiration!!!
TerriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ThyckeCutie
WOE: Making Healthier Choices - Low Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
would like to join even though it's a lil late...! will do my first hour of callanetics tomorrow. is there any one here who does callanetics every other day?

I do! And then try to do at least 45 min of cardio other days. I do try to take 1-2 days off a week

Going off to do my 1 hr of 10/10
ThyckeCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
I've been soooooooo lazy but I just did Super Callanetics. I can hardly walk!! Love it!!
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newmomtx
Stats: 129/129/110 5'2"
Toning part of the CardioC done for #6 (will do some walking instead of the cardio part today . )
newmomtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
another hr of evo makes 4 of 10
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellenalesa
Stats: 190?/177/160ish
WOE: Starting HHCG Rogue 7/12/11
Start Date: July 12, 2011
8 out of 15

I can feel my body moving differently, if that makes sense. I feel like I walk differently now. Something loosened up, not sure what it was.

Hoping to get rid of the "Thutt" area....the area between top of thigh and butt...
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kdoss
Weak Abs Trouble

Hello everyone,

Sandra I have a question;

Where did you get the firm cushion that's used in the Evolution Video? I am having trouble finding something similar...my sofa pillows are too big and bed pillows soft for support. I looked at other pillows but they seem too sot? Would a Bosu Sport Balance Trainer work? It's a exercise ball with flat bottom and comes in 45, 55, or 65 cm.

When I use my throw sofa they seem too big, raising me up from shoulder blades down and rectangular in shape...I thought they may minimize the effect of the exercises. Maybe I'm being too particular. I just want to maxmimze my results.

I'm asking because my abs are extremly weak and I'm having a hard time to stay rounded up. I can do about 3 reps then lose control and have to rest. I can my abs shaking and burning.

So far this month I've completed 3 1/2 hours...1 of 10/10, 2 of Evo, and AM portion of AM/PM. I love all the Callanetics video and how they may me feel, plus incorporating cardio for fat burning. I did them in summer and lost couple of inches but fell off the bandwagon and getting back on track now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kdoss; 01-17-2010 at 10:48 AM..
kdoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CJgetsthin
Stats: 5'1" Post-Preg 160/160/130
WOE: Low Carb, Exercise!
Start Date: February 24 2014
Hello everyone. I know it's half way through the month, but I'd love to join your challenge.

First thing though, I want to thank you for introducing me to Callanetics. I started reading this forum at the start of the month to help plan out my weight loss journey and was very happy to find such a fantastic group of motivated people.

I'm literally the laziest person you'll ever meet, so after getting the 10/10 video and trying it out I was absolutely surprised that I actually LIKED doing Callanetics! I also got the AM/PM (for the days I just wont' have time for a whole hour)

I'm only about a week into it at this point - you can see my progress on the Weight Loss Calendar, I'm hoping by sharing this info I'll stay motivated to do the activities.

Thanks so much for the inspiration! And just for the record:

1hr of 10/10
20min (AM Routine)
so far this month.
CJgetsthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
Another hour of Super Callanetics done. I know I'll sleep well tonight
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sreichfeld
Stats: 200/160/160 6"1'
WOE: low carb
1 hour of 10/10 done.

Does anyone know any good exercise that slims the calves? I have very strong calves due to sports, and if I tried to do the regular gym exercises that just made it bigger

i need something than can help to loose some muscles from my legs.

i run regularly besides callanetics btw.

thanks in advance for any help
sreichfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
1 more hour of 10/10!
6 hours of Callanetics for January
January Goal: 13 hours of Callanetics

I wasn't sure what you meant by quaking, Sandra, but think I am now understanding the difference between 'quaking' and 'shaking'. Quaking seems to be more of a bubbling coming from the bone area, and is apparently good, while control is still maintained and although there's effort, it is not a struggle per say. Shaking is going too far and losing control, doing too much, and feels like you're struggling, while the larger muscles feel a more severe burning feeling and shake all over the place. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Gillygum, I generally do Callanetics every second day, and either go run and play in the snow with my big boots, or cross-country ski on the other days (in the winter of course). Even on Callanetic days, I still go for a walk outside in the evening. I've also chosen a time that's realistic for me to put aside regularly that won't interfere with unexpected happenings in the day, that way I can enjoy it and not feel like I'm rushing it or resenting it.

Right on I like how you've described it...I could almost feel my deep muscles quaking as I read
Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoss View Post
Hello everyone,

Sandra I have a question;

Where did you get the firm cushion that's used in the Evolution Video? I am having trouble finding something similar...my sofa pillows are too big and bed pillows soft for support. I looked at other pillows but they seem too sot? Would a Bosu Sport Balance Trainer work? It's a exercise ball with flat bottom and comes in 45, 55, or 65 cm.

When I use my throw sofa they seem too big, raising me up from shoulder blades down and rectangular in shape...I thought they may minimize the effect of the exercises. Maybe I'm being too particular. I just want to maxmimze my results.

I'm asking because my abs are extremly weak and I'm having a hard time to stay rounded up. I can do about 3 reps then lose control and have to rest. I can my abs shaking and burning.

So far this month I've completed 3 1/2 hours...1 of 10/10, 2 of Evo, and AM portion of AM/PM. I love all the Callanetics video and how they may me feel, plus incorporating cardio for fat burning. I did them in summer and lost couple of inches but fell off the bandwagon and getting back on track now.

Thanks in advance.

The cushions in Evolution were designed by a Callanetics Instructor I think. However, the ball would be fine. Place it in the middle of your back just below the tips of your shoulder blades or on bra strap. Your waist and both sides of your pelvis must stay in contact and relaxed down on the floor.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygum View Post
keep checking in and posting your progress to help you stay on track and motivated.

It's fine to workout every other day if you wish. It's always best to not leave more than 3 days between your workouts anyway. Your body will tell you if you need a rest or if you need to do more. So, always stay tuned and listen to your body at all times.

Good luck and Happy Pulsing
Old 01-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJgetsthin View Post
Hello everyone. I know it's half way through the month, but I'd love to join your challenge.

First thing though, I want to thank you for introducing me to Callanetics. I started reading this forum at the start of the month to help plan out my weight loss journey and was very happy to find such a fantastic group of motivated people.

I'm literally the laziest person you'll ever meet, so after getting the 10/10 video and trying it out I was absolutely surprised that I actually LIKED doing Callanetics! I also got the AM/PM (for the days I just wont' have time for a whole hour)

I'm only about a week into it at this point - you can see my progress on the Weight Loss Calendar, I'm hoping by sharing this info I'll stay motivated to do the activities.

Thanks so much for the inspiration! And just for the record:

1hr of 10/10
20min (AM Routine)
so far this month.
great to read that you enjoyed your first Callanetics workout.
It's the perfect program for someone who doesn't enjoy exercise. You may surprise yourself even more by finding that you'll become addicted like many of us here. And even more so when you start seeing the changes in your body which can become visible in 2 - 4 hours.

Happy Pulsing
Old 01-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cyberange
Stats: 75kg
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: january 2010
10/10
6th hour done
Is it better to do it every day or on alternate days ? I'd like to see evolution as soon as possible even if I feel better onto my Jeans lol
cyberange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tangerine
Hour 3/10 for January done!

Sandra, I have a question for you, about the streches in 10/10 up on the barre. I don't have any furniture that is sturdy enough for that. Is there any other way to do the stretches? And is there a substitute item I could use for the inner thigh squeeze at the end of 10/10 since the chairs I have aren't sturdy enough to try it with.
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
1 more hour of 10/10!
Total for January: 7 hours of Callanetics! Over half way there!
Goal for January: 13 hours of Callanetics
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChickenJr
Stats: Pant size: 13/3/3 I made it!!
WOE: Gluten free Somersizing
Start Date: January 2009
When I first started visiting this site I saw the before and after Callanetics photos and HAD to get the DVDS. At the time I was walking for about two hours everyday while pushing my son in his stroller and doing some random exercise video every other day. I did my first hour and felt nothing, nada. I was soo disappointed I never tried it again. Awhile after that I fell off the exercise bandwagon entirely until a week or so ago when I dusted of 10/10 and it completely kicked my butt! I felt like I had just ran a marathon when I was done but I wasn't sticky, sweaty, gross or exhausted! I love these exercises and have done 10/10 everyday since for a total of at least 12 hours... I wasn't keeping track very well. I even caught a nasty head cold and was STILL able to do an hour each day! I'm soo glad I decided to try again. Also, after only 5 hours my thighs no longer touched. I'm thinking about taking photos although they won't really be before and after, lol, more like halfway there and after! Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the great advice, whenever I've had a question I just read through the posts and soo far everyone has been answered already!
Tangerine: I'm by no means an expert but you could try putting your leg up on a windowsill if wobbly furniture worries you, I doubt you'll push the house down! I've made do with my dresser and a desk but now I've got an old adjustable height garment rack which works perfectly. And for the inner thigh exercise I use my sons changing table, lol, sometimes we just have to get a little creative! You might even be able to pull it off with a large book like a dictionary or atlas.
ChickenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mulberry32
10/10 done today for #11.
Mulberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Hoppinn
Stats: 236/139/140
WOE: CALP & Exercise
Start Date: March 3, 2008
Callanetics, 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours!
I completed 1 hour!
2009: 23 hours
January goal: 13 hours
8 out of 13 completed!
Hoppinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Standing hamstring stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Hour 3/10 for January done!

Sandra, I have a question for you, about the streches in 10/10 up on the barre. I don't have any furniture that is sturdy enough for that. Is there any other way to do the stretches? And is there a substitute item I could use for the inner thigh squeeze at the end of 10/10 since the chairs I have aren't sturdy enough to try it with.

What about a chair, or back of lounge? Bed, stair? Make sure that your leg isn't too high. It's much better to have leg lower so that your hips remain even. Stay pegged up off the standing leg, so, make sure you don't collapse down on the leg. Reach and stretch right out of your pelvis through your spine, avoid bending and rounding at the waist.

I have my students standing in front of the barre with their hips and feet facing forward. Bring the leg up and place on barre or support without lifting up your hip. If you have to grab your leg and lift it up and your hip has to lift up then the barre is too high for you...find something lower.

You want to be able to freely bend or hinge at the hips without constriction. Keep your spine long, open and straight...again...don't bend from the waist. Stretch up first then stretch forward. It doesn't matter how low you go down to leg as long as you've reached your maximum position.

I know this is more info than you asked for but I thought it a good opportunity to give some extra tips on this particular stretch as it doesn't often come up here.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CJgetsthin
Stats: 5'1" Post-Preg 160/160/130
WOE: Low Carb, Exercise!
Start Date: February 24 2014
1hr of 10/10 this morning.
That brings me up to: 2hr 40 min (started 1/11/10).
CJgetsthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enjoy
Hi beautiful people, I have not logged in a while. I hve done 3hrs of 10/10 and 3hr of Evo for 6/15.
Happy pulsing everybody!
enjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Qzzznne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
What about a chair, or back of lounge? Bed, stair? Make sure that your leg isn't too high. It's much better to have leg lower so that your hips remain even. Stay pegged up off the standing leg, so, make sure you don't collapse down on the leg. Reach and stretch right out of your pelvis through your spine, avoid bending and rounding at the waist.

I have my students standing in front of the barre with their hips and feet facing forward. Bring the leg up and place on barre or support without lifting up your hip. If you have to grab your leg and lift it up and your hip has to lift up then the barre is too high for you...find something lower.

You want to be able to freely bend or hinge at the hips without constriction. Keep your spine long, open and straight...again...don't bend from the waist. Stretch up first then stretch forward. It doesn't matter how low you go down to leg as long as you've reached your maximum position.

I know this is more info than you asked for but I thought it a good opportunity to give some extra tips on this particular stretch as it doesn't often come up here.

Haven't posted in awhile but have been doing this for a full year now. I can tell you, you can put your leg up nearly anywhere to get a set done! I have used everything from the kitchen counter top to a windowsill. One of the reasons I love this and have stuck with it. You can do it anywhere you are.
Qzzznne is offline   Reply With Quote