Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Minxz
Stats: 303/213.6/190
WOE: Atkins
I ordered the cardio callanetics. It might be too soon but I really would love to do my cardio at the same time instead of trying to fit two workouts in. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?
Minxz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #302
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hyacinth72
Stats: 170/148/120
Start Date: 1/25/2010
Hi all,

Getting started slowly.... Tuesday I did the warm up through the abs of 10/10 and yesterday I did the legs and hips. Eventually, I want to build up to splitting the workout between two days.
Hyacinth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mulberry32
Cardio C done for #18.
Minxz- I am not a fan of most cardio but I really like this since it is not high impact and it is very graceful yet I work up a sweat. I really feel it in my legs and behind. It also works your arms since you are moving them the entire time. The only other cardio I like is walking. The cardio portion is about a 1/2 hour so it is very doable. The separate toning portion is an abbreviated version of Evolution with a different hip & behind exercise and it is about 1/2 hour too. I feel worked out yet relaxed when I'm done. You can choose to do both parts or just one. Like Evolution, Cardio C shows a beginner, intermediate and advanced exerciser so there is room to grow. Let us know how you like it.
Mulberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

TY Mulberry! I have one more question. I journal my food and exercise and of course there is no option for callinetics. I’ve seen others recommend Yoga as an option but that says I only burn 174 calories in the 50 minutes of 10/10.. that CANT be right. I am sweating and working hard. Does anyone have an idea how many calories they estimate you burn doing the 10/10 (I know it’s a rough estimate due to weight and metabolism)
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

TY Mulberry! I have one more question. I journal my food and exercise and of course there is no option for callinetics. Iíve seen others recommend Yoga as an option but that says I only burn 174 calories in the 50 minutes of 10/10.. that CANT be right. I am sweating and working hard. Does anyone have an idea how many calories they estimate you burn doing the 10/10 (I know itís a rough estimate due to weight and metabolism)
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NorthernLight
Stats: 171/165/132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxz View Post
I ordered the cardio callanetics. It might be too soon but I really would love to do my cardio at the same time instead of trying to fit two workouts in. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?
I don't think that's too soon. There are three different levels of the cardio and I'd recommend to follow the easiest for the first time. Just to give you an idea what it is. It's great fun!

At first, I thought it's nothing more than a regular aerobics class, and then I got into the program and the movements It's quite sneaky and will do wonders with your legs

Actually, I tell my friends, who thought 10/10 to be too much to start (again) with either cardioC or evo.
NorthernLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

I split Evo to parts as I didn't have much time and the 30 min seemed to be too long a time. I ended up doing Callantics for 45 mins and didn't even notice

Yay! I've (nearly) reached the mid-point of my goal!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxz View Post
TY Mulberry! I have one more question. I journal my food and exercise and of course there is no option for callinetics. Iíve seen others recommend Yoga as an option but that says I only burn 174 calories in the 50 minutes of 10/10.. that CANT be right. I am sweating and working hard. Does anyone have an idea how many calories they estimate you burn doing the 10/10 (I know itís a rough estimate due to weight and metabolism)
Ben answered a question regarding that once:
Callanetics calories burned?

If there are more posts on this, I'm interested, too!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Hoppinn
Stats: 236/139/140
WOE: CALP & Exercise
Start Date: March 3, 2008
Callanetics, 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours!
I completed 1 hour!
2009: 23 hours
January goal: 13 hours
12 out of 13 completed!
Hoppinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbenjamin View Post
An hour of Callanetics done. I didn't do Callanetics over the Christmas period and because of that my knees had been really sore, even when just walking down the street (I had knee injuries as a child). I'm back into Callanetics properly now and all my knee pain has gone completely, even when running. It's like magic. Callan Pinckney is one smart lady!
To me she has a god like status - and I've never had bad knees!
I love her!
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enjoy
I've done 11/15, so if I do 3 more i'll be only 1 short of my goal. I've been doing it very late at night and find that I sleeper much better, it's really amazing. After being away for 2/12 months, my body just responded very fast, now I understand what Sandra means when she talks about muscle memory. keep pulsing it really works!!!!
enjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

I am a bit behind still at 9/12 if I do it every day I can make it but I am not sure how to do it this evening we are going to friends house and I wont be home until 10 or 11... will have to see how strong my dedication is lol.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Evolution done for #19.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: superstarlet
just joined,joining you.
i am doing one supercallan session a day for next 22 days.
superstarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Thanks for the reply Sandra - you are so awesome for helping us with all of this!!

One more 10/10 done yesterday for a total of 6/10 for the month.

Yesterday, I threw in the new hip/behind exercises from Evo after I was done with 10/10 and I could feel the muscles vibrating as you said, Sandra! I was so excited.

Although now I am at the point where my thighs have slimmed down nicely but my hips are still big and it looks odd. I think I gave up at this point the last time I tried this but I'll give it some more time and hope it starts to pull in.

Doesn't it feel great?

Stay focused during your workout...move slowly with 100% awareness of your muscles.

As we become stronger and more confident of the exercises there is a tendency to lose concentration. It starts to become habit! Don't let this happen

I've said this many times but it's good to reiterate this point. As a student becomes stronger it becomes more important to have more focus and conscious thought about how we are exercising and moving our body. We are learning how to voluntary relax our body as we progress through our workouts and this is something that is difficult to start but is achievable. However, it takes focus, deep breathing and a conscious continued stretching and lengthening through counterpulls.

This is what will totally change your body shape and slim down your hips. Work this way and you can see your hips lose inches within a couple of sessions.

Well done on your results but expect greater and more accelerated results.

Turn your Callanetics session in a meditation...just like Callan said
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandrahanna
Changing our brain signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoy View Post
I've done 11/15, so if I do 3 more i'll be only 1 short of my goal. I've been doing it very late at night and find that I sleeper much better, it's really amazing. After being away for 2/12 months, my body just responded very fast, now I understand what Sandra means when she talks about muscle memory. keep pulsing it really works!!!!

Actually, we call it 'muscle memory' but this is probably a good time to really nail what is going on when we are exercising and why applying the CallaneticsConcepts is so important to achieve the best results.

It's the brain that sends the signal to the muscles to contract, move, lift etc. Everything starts in the brain. So, really we are changing brain signals so that the signals reach the correct muscles to change our alignment and body shape.

As we age and experience stresses, traumas etc our body responds to this and certain muscle groups contract to either protect ourselves or even to prepare for something...a reflex.

This all happens within our central nervous system so we aren't consciously contracting any muscles. Once contracted we lose the ability to consciously, or voluntarily, relax those muscles so they remain in a permanent state of tightness and contraction resulting in a change of alignment, posture and bringing low back and hip pain.

This is why it's so hard in the beginning to relax while working out. It won't matter how hard we try it's impossible because we've lost the ability. This is one reason we say 'think relax' and 'breathe deeply'. It certainly helps but it isn't getting to the route of the cause.

So what our goal is...along with sculpting our body of course...is to change this through the exercises.

This is why we must move with awareness during our exercises so that we are aware of which muscle is working or moving. Which muscle or group that we need are training or stretching. Avoid, writing your shopping list, think about your partner or what's for dinner while working out.

If you are serious about receiving all the benefits; aesthetic and therapeutic, then adopt these principles. They will make a huge difference.

This is why maybe splitting up your workouts can be beneficial. It's easier to stay focused for shorter periods.

So, after a relapse of not working out and then resuming and you find that everything is so much easier and you experience this 'muscle memory' it really is that you have changed your brain signals during your previous workouts so the correct muscles receive the information and you feel everything so much deeper and with less effort.

I hope this makes sense...I'm typing this in a hurry as my husband is keen to go out so I haven't time to review. Let me know if I need to clarify somehing
Sandrahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #317
Junior LCF Member

session one super callanetics - complete
Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ThyckeCutie
WOE: Making Healthier Choices - Low Fat
1hr of 10/10 done and also added in some Core Fusion for the thighs. What a burn but feels great!
ThyckeCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inertia6
Just finished the Evolution DVD for the first time... That makes 12 out of 13 for January - one more hour to go. I won't say that I didn't like it, but it is different from 10/10. I'll wait and see if I can feel it later, then decide whether to keep it in the rotation... Trying to keep everything in mind that Sandra has pointed out in these forums - relax, remember counterpulls, concentrate, wait - relax!...
inertia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Hoppinn
Stats: 236/139/140
WOE: CALP & Exercise
Start Date: March 3, 2008
Sandra, I would also like to thank you for taking the time to help those of us that can use it. I have so much going on right now that every time my mind would wander, I took special care in paying attention to the exercise I was doing at the moment. Thanks again!

I decided to break my workout into two sessions and I believe it is going to work out well for me.

I completed 1 hour!
13 out of 13 completed!
Hoppinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Hi girls

I am new here,although not new to callanetics.
today I am doing a shorter session as I am feeling really tired.
I found a book today ''callanetics for your back ''.really wonderful book.

I am swapping between callanetics and supercallanetics,changing to suit my day,though never going a day without a session.

its great to find a place where so many are sharing the magic

good luck everyone
well done so far

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #322
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tangerine
Welcome Superstarlet!

10/10 today for a total of 7/10 this month. Not such a great workout today, couldn't get the PF to engage. I wonder why that happens sometimes, other times I have no trouble with it.

Also, Sandra or anyone who has had experience with this...when I try to lift the pelvic floor, I tend to hold my breath. I think I lose some of the engagement when I breathe in but I dont want to tense up and hold my breath...any advice?

Last edited by tangerine; 01-30-2010 at 06:03 PM..
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inertia6
How are you breaking it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn View Post
Sandra, I would also like to thank you for taking the time to help those of us that can use it. I have so much going on right now that every time my mind would wander, I took special care in paying attention to the exercise I was doing at the moment. Thanks again!

I decided to break my workout into two sessions and I believe it is going to work out well for me.

I completed 1 hour!
13 out of 13 completed!
Hi! I'm curious to know how you're splitting the routine? Splitting them up into an am and pm routine might help me get in another 30 minutes of Jillian or walking/running... Thanks for any advice!

Also - I said yesterday that I wasn't sure how I felt about Evolution... Well, I feel some sore spots today, and I love it, so I'll be keeping it in my rotation for sure. It is nice to have options!

Good job on reaching your goal this month, Hoppinn!
inertia6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enjoy
Hi sandra, thanks for explaining the muscle memory. It really makes sense, I have been so determined and concentrating, that must explain the result I'm getting, so glad we have you!!

I will do one more hr today 14/15, and be just one hr short of my goal.
enjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 PM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caovert
Stats: 237/174/155
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 10/01/2009
Hello everyone
I am fairly new to the lowcarb friends site and have been hanging out mostly at the south beach pages. I was just looking around today and saw the thread for Callanetics and could hardly belive my eyes. I have the vhs version and the book actually I gave my first book to my daughter and never got it back but found one over the summer at a yard sale only 50 cents what a buy I think I will dust off my old tape and give this a try again. Are you talking about new dvd when you talk about 10/10 is that something different? Would someone mind bring me up to date on Callanetics. I am really looking forward to finding out more. Thanks in advance.

Carol
caovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/?/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I did it!

1 hour of 10/10 this morning!

Even though I traveled 2229 miles across the continent I still got in my Callanetic hours, except the last few I got to do with my DAD! It was so great doing it with him, and I was amazed at how well he was doing them!

My legs also straightened for the first time this morning when doing the leg and back stretches on the floor! I'm so excited about that. It was like a whole different expersience!

January Total: 13 hours of Callanetics
January Goal: 13 hours of Callanetics

See you in February!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 184 hours (8/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tangerine
Quote:
Originally Posted by caovert View Post
Hello everyone
I am fairly new to the lowcarb friends site and have been hanging out mostly at the south beach pages. I was just looking around today and saw the thread for Callanetics and could hardly belive my eyes. I have the vhs version and the book actually I gave my first book to my daughter and never got it back but found one over the summer at a yard sale only 50 cents what a buy I think I will dust off my old tape and give this a try again. Are you talking about new dvd when you talk about 10/10 is that something different? Would someone mind bring me up to date on Callanetics. I am really looking forward to finding out more. Thanks in advance.

Carol
Welcome Carol!

10/10 is the original Callanetics workout - also called Ten Years Younger in Ten Hours(hence 10/10). The new one is called Callanetics Evolution.

Dust off your tape and join us as we pulse into february!!
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TerriG
Stats: 236/177/160
Start Date: June 2009
13th hour done and behind for January!!! Wooo hooooooo
TerriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Cardio C done for #20
Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #330
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caovert
Stats: 237/174/155
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 10/01/2009
Tangerine,
Thanks for the welcome, I did dust off the old tape and it was quite a workout. I can't wait for the February challenge I think I will be ale to do my morning workout as regular and do this in the evening. Usually exercising in the evening keeps me up to late because I have to get up at 4:00A.M. in order to get to the gym and be at work by 7:00 but this is so relaxing and such a deep stretch that I hope it helps me sleep Where can I find a preview of the Evolution dvd
Thanks
Carol
caovert is offline   Reply With Quote