LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chef
WOE: Low Glcemic Index Diet 3 years started with 6 week
Start Date: 11-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisrightnow View Post
I tried it on Monday for my upper body, but all I have is 5 lb weights, so while some exercises were a bit tough, they weren't something I couldn't endure. I didn't really get that feeling of, "oh, I don't know if I can do anothe rep". I do however get that feeling when I do it like I would regularly. All I have on hand are 5 lb weights currently. I think I might need to go up to 7lb or 10 lb to actually feel the burn. I will try the squats and lunges slow burn though. How many reps do you do and for how many counts?

I don't want my booty to get anymore rounder. I'm trying to do the opposite! But I have noticed with my current routine (upper body and squats/lunges), I have been losing inches off my hips and thighs, which is nice. And my butt *is* getting a bit flatter and lifted from those bun exercises. Oh, do those burn. Those exercises where you get on all fours are the worst, but also the best.
HI TRN,

Any new info on the slow burn?

Jim
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thisisrightnow
Stats: 240/178.6/150, 5'6", 28
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: 5/10/07 (generic LC/SB), 7/19/09 (Atkins)
I'm not really seeing results. Then again, I'm also not using heavy weights either. But I don't have the money right now to buy heavier weights, so I'm probably just gonna stick to my weights I have for now and when I get money, I'm probably gonna start up ChaLEAN Extreme instead. I think I'll see better results from her program.

Last edited by thisisrightnow; 08-21-2009 at 10:25 AM..
thisisrightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chef
WOE: Low Glcemic Index Diet 3 years started with 6 week
Start Date: 11-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisrightnow View Post
I'm not really seeing results. Then again, I'm also not using heavy weights either. But I don't have the money right now to buy heavier weights, so I'm probably just gonna stick to my weights I have for now and when I get money, I'm probably gonna start up ChaLEAN Extreme instead. I think I'll see better results from her program.
Hi TRN,

Thanks for the update. You are highly motivated as I see from your posts around. Great Job! Keep trying slowburn with what you have. Let your muscles grow and adjust it will take time. I think Ileen or Brian can explain how a woman might take more time to show muscle build and help understand to not let you get discouraged.

Take care

Jim
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
Hi everyone, I am still around but just have not been posting to much lately.
Been down some with my back and legs buit still getting in the pool and doing some of my water exercises, at least as many as I can without hurting my legs anymore than they already are.
Nice to see everyone else doing good.
Will try to get back soon and not stay away so long.
Pcola Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
Hello. Yes I'm going to give slow burn a try also. I just started the TNT diet plan, but after reading the Eades Slow Burn Fitness Revolution, I'm going to give slow burn a go instead. (Here's a link; not sure anyone linked to this particular book in this thread: Amazon.com: The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution: The Slow...Amazon.com: The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution: The Slow... )

The authors sure sell on the benefits of slow burn. It also has some interesting information about stretching.

It's going to take some figuring out for me to adapt some of the exercises they show in the book to free weights. They have to options in that book to do the exercises at home with basically no equipment, or to use machines at a gym. I have free weight equipment and a cable rack.

The Eades recommend a metronome and a count down timer for doing the exercises.

For those needing/wanting heavier weights without having to buy them, the Eades show using gallon milk jugs filled with water. Then you can tailor the weight to whatever you want (up to 8 lbs, since water weighs 8lbs/gallon).

Last edited by porcupine73; 06-03-2010 at 08:32 AM..
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Hey Porcupine!

How's the Slow Burn Going for ya?

My Butt is slowly burning right now after the squat, and the leg curls. Oi!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
Hi Metqa. The slow burn has been doing OK for me. I'm pleased with the results for the low time investment. I really do only upper body on slow burn. I do quite a bit of hiking so I don't focus too much on lower body. I added rotator cuff exercises to the routine.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wings1080
Venuto's Workouts A & B

Hi, I've been doing Doug Mcguff's body by science style workout for some time now and feel like it is a little imbalanced in that there are 4 upper body exercises and only 1 leg (lower body) exercise ... doing some googling around I stumbled upon this thread and am very curious to hear more about these Venuto's Workouts A and B slow burn style ... can someone send me a link to learn more about exactly what exercises these are? I can't seem to find it by googling, etc...

Thanks!
wings1080 is offline   Reply With Quote