LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellenalesa
Stats: 190?/177/160ish
WOE: Starting HHCG Rogue 7/12/11
Start Date: July 12, 2011
For VFCookie on getting smaller and clumsier

I've always been a little clutzy...and it gets worse as I get bigger! I think the center of gravity changes. WHen I got down to (years ago) 163, I was holding a laundry basket against my hip and it just fell because there was no padding (fat) to hold it in place. And once, while I was hiking in the woods, I was crossing a stream on some rocks and felt like I was going to slip. I flexed my thigh muscle and regained my balance.

Looking forward to becoming more graceful.
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 02:35 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Em

My butt seems bigger OR smaller, depending on the day. My thighs look a heck of a lot better, though...and they were always heavy.

Like I said before, my butt seems higher but it hasn't pulled in. As a result, I look kinda like I don't have a waist...there's just a lotta hip and butt going on....

And it's funny, because when I was heavier, I was so in denial that I didn't even LOOK at my body...I just didn't want to know what was going on. So I try to be gentle with myself.

It just seems like we have to go through an awkward phase before we earn our "peach"....
Old 12-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweettooth
Hi everybody!
Don't lough at this...I just have to tell someone ... I lost half a kilo!
I know it might not sound as a great result...But my scale was stuck on the same weight since July, despite all the cardio and weight lifting I was doing...
Then I started Callanetics, and after 14 hours of 10/10 it happened!!!!
I was hitting a plateau, and I was really desperate because I have 3 kilos left to lose and much as I did nothing seemed to work!
Although I can't see particular change in my body shape yet, left aside my waist which is really smaller, it must be working somewhere !
Even if I've read that people usually lose 2 sizes without losing weight, I don't know why my body is working exactly in the opposite way
Anyway...I've completed my 4th hour for december, and will keep up to really good work,wondering what might happen at the end of december...
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoriMarie
Stats: 137/129/125(current goal)/115 final goal 5'4"
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: Nov 2008
That's great Sweettooth I love hearing others successes..It gives me hope...Thanks for sharing

Lori
LoriMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #215
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eates91999
Hi everyone .. i'm new to the forum and i have a question. Pls pls pls help me!! It will be sooo appreciated. I started doing this type of workout about two months ago. I have done callanetics a couple of times, after which i did the bar method (designer sculpting) about ten times, and the past two weeks i have done this workout called pure barre (similiar exercises, VERY strenuous) about four times. I'm thinking all of this is equivalent to about 15 hours of callanetics. I'm thin naturally so i'm not trying to lose weight. I've been seeing major improvements in my legs, they feel like steel!! However, my area of concern is my hips, saddlebags, and back of my legs. Mostly i'm concerned about cellulite in this area. I haven't seen too much improvement since i've started.

My question is, should i stick with it, do you think i'll see results soon? Or do you think i'm doing something wrong? Maybe i should add cardio? Thanks for any and all input!!! <3
eates91999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sreichfeld
Stats: 200/160/160 6"1'
WOE: low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
You want to have your pelvic floor consistently engaged regardless of what you do as it is our main support, pivotal and stabilising muscle group. Keeping it activated while you walk and run helps to keep the jarring and weight off your joints.

Watch a small child run and jump; they spring around without landing heavily on their feet and this is because their pelvic floor muscles are still beautifully strong. Of course, if they are overweight they won't be as springy.

Visualise your engaged pelvic floor as a trampoline while you run. Remember that you don't tighten your buttocks at all when you have activated your pelvic floor. Upper buttocks and low back are always relaxed. Also, think up and tall while you run.

Hope this makes sense
alright.. i think got the point. i will try out on my next run tonight.

thanks a lot for your support
sreichfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newjeneed
Stats: 292.5/212/150
WOE: Simeons HCG Protocol
Start Date: 5/15/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeneed View Post
This is my first post on this board, I usually hang out on another LC board but let me tell you ladies and gents, the stuff yall are posting about Callanetics is pretty dang intriguing!! I bought the videos and plan on getting started tonight. I am really ready to get going especially after reading through all the threads on here about the amazing results, but I have one question.

Everyone I've seen in these threads so far has been... well as far as I'm concered already pretty thin. Mid 100s which is pretty healthy for a woman. I still have a good chunk of weight to lose, about 60lbs. So what I'm wondering is: will I have the same results in such a short time? Or should I wait til I'm closer to goal and use Callanetics as a tightening tool? I really want to use this program as I need to tighten up as quickly as posssible for me wedding which is in March. Also, is it true that people are really losing whole dress sizes in 10 sessions?! That's mind blowing!!!

Any thoughts on this?

I did my first hour yesterday... sort of. I can't even pretend I got all of the repetitions. The hardest thing for me is that I'm a traditional weight lifter and the idea of something as small as a "pulse" making any difference is really strange lol. I had to conciously tell myself to relax pretty much the entire time. Anyway, I'm excited! The way I'm hurting, it MUST make a difference!
newjeneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KlingonBabe
Stats: Miserable/Sane/FABULOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeneed View Post
Any thoughts on this?

I did my first hour yesterday... sort of. I can't even pretend I got all of the repetitions. The hardest thing for me is that I'm a traditional weight lifter and the idea of something as small as a "pulse" making any difference is really strange lol. I had to conciously tell myself to relax pretty much the entire time. Anyway, I'm excited! The way I'm hurting, it MUST make a difference!

Sorry to be laughing at you. But I am, too, a traditional exerciser. I've always felt that if I'm not huffing, puffing, grunting, AND sweating profusely, I'm not getting any benefit out of exercise. But, after two tendonitis injuries in two years, I had to lay down the weights.

I still will think, in the middle of a workout "this is too gentle to be effective..." and then I'm sitting there, after the workout, barely able to stand up.

I think the key is that Callanetics really shapes the muscles from the inside out. Put the muscle in a position of resistance, and then just bring it in just that bit more... BAM!

I'm loving it.
KlingonBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #219
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
1 more hour - going for 10-10.

PS: I love all the leg work. Especially plies. They are the most effective for me.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Totally clueless about pelvic floor

I thought that tightening the behind was activating PF work?

Sometimes I think I can feel PF working when I'm all all fours and extend one leg straight back and pulse gently.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Sandra/Noreen/Ben/Anybody,

I've been doing my Callanetics faithfully and seeing great results, but I still can't do all the ab work without putting my hands behind my head. I usually have to do it for the last 25 pulses. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Thanks! Oops - Just did my 62 hour of 10/10
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: willBfit
I noticed these wonderful firm things on the outside of my thighs today, I'm pretty sure they are muscles!!! Even though I love 10 in 10 and Evolution, I am so glad I have the 20 minute videos. Always good to pop in when I'm short on time. Which is always!

Sandra, I am going to see if I can start a Word file where I can save all of your tips. I have had such better results since really getting my head wrapped around the proper form and technique. You, and the other ladies who post their hints, have my undying gratitude!

[COLOR="Purple"]If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If not, raise your standards![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.[/COLOR]
willBfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #223
ofo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ofo
Stats: 147/136/130
WOE: Moderate carbs
Callanetics in Phoenix, Arizona

Does anyone know of a certified Callanetics instructor working in Phoenix?
ofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCWizard
Stats: No More Scale
WOE: No Sugar Added & Persistence
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
Sandra/Noreen/Ben/Anybody,

I've been doing my Callanetics faithfully and seeing great results, but I still can't do all the ab work without putting my hands behind my head. I usually have to do it for the last 25 pulses. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Thanks! Oops - Just did my 62 hour of 10/10
Interested in this question too. I've just started, but hoping I won't have to use my hands at all eventually.
LCWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #225
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eates91999 View Post
Hi everyone .. i'm new to the forum and i have a question. Pls pls pls help me!! It will be sooo appreciated. I started doing this type of workout about two months ago. I have done callanetics a couple of times, after which i did the bar method (designer sculpting) about ten times, and the past two weeks i have done this workout called pure barre (similiar exercises, VERY strenuous) about four times. I'm thinking all of this is equivalent to about 15 hours of callanetics. I'm thin naturally so i'm not trying to lose weight. I've been seeing major improvements in my legs, they feel like steel!! However, my area of concern is my hips, saddlebags, and back of my legs. Mostly i'm concerned about cellulite in this area. I haven't seen too much improvement since i've started.

My question is, should i stick with it, do you think i'll see results soon? Or do you think i'm doing something wrong? Maybe i should add cardio? Thanks for any and all input!!! <3

pls pls!! Also, if anyone wants to and can share, how do you compare Super Callanetics with the Tracy Anderson Mat workout as far as results? Thank you all .. and thank you so much for this thread i have gotten SUCH valuable information already
Old 12-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #226
Junior LCF Member

And for those of you who have been doing Callanetics for a long time, at how many hours would you say you achieved your ideal body ..after which you just would need to work out for maintenance? I know i'm asking lots of question, sorry :/ , and thanks so much in advance ..
Old 12-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: enjoy
Did one hr of 10/10 today, 5 hrs total for the month. Felt the quivers in the hip/behind excercise, so I hope it will be the start of the change I'm looking to see in my thighs.
enjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #228

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
I bid on Beginning Callenetics (thanks planetbenjamin) & 10/10 on ebay. It's a package of the 2 videos & 2 books. I bid up to $10 which is a small investment for now, and I can always upgrade to DVD. The auction ends in 5 days, so fingers crossed that I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfCookie View Post
Thirdly... ok, I've only lost 50+ and have 30 to go, but I have become the biggest clutz in the world. I fall and run into stuff all time! I have reasoned that after years of weighing so much more, that to now weigh less takes some adjustment. It takes a certain amount of force to move a body forward. When that body is lighter, if you use the same force it will topple over! (this is why baseball players warm up with weights on their bats... same force on a lighter bat knocks the ball further.)

I have been dying to share that theory. Thanks for listening.

Happy Holidays!!!
Congrats on losing 50 lbs!
I definitely agree with your theory. I'm having trouble adjusting to my smaller size. (Although with 50-60 more pounds to go, I'm far from small). I'm forever turning sideways to get through spaces when I don't have to, thinking I can't fit into some chairs with arms, using too much force to get up off the floor & then lurching forward a few steps
I had no idea about weights on baseball bats. Learn something new every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrahanna View Post
Don't concern yourself with anything at this stage. Just start the program and things will become clearer after a while. Callanetics exercises bring great results even when not performed 100% correctly. Once you start the program and as you strengthen you will then be ready to take on more info and intensify.

The most important thing in the beginning is to ensure that you don't experience any pain that is sharp, jolting, makes you wince or just doesn't feel right. You can always post your concerns and queries and we all will help you on your path.

Welcome to the Magic that is CAllanetics;and this brings me to ask "where in the world is our fabulous Twyla?"
Thank you for saying this. I get so wrapped up in being perfect from the get-go, that I tend to give up when I don't feel like I'm doing it "right". I'll follow your expert advice

Thanks for the advice everyone. Hopefully I'll be back next week to tell y'all I've won the auction!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sydneyemma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenalesa View Post
My butt seems bigger OR smaller, depending on the day. My thighs look a heck of a lot better, though...and they were always heavy.

Like I said before, my butt seems higher but it hasn't pulled in. As a result, I look kinda like I don't have a waist...there's just a lotta hip and butt going on....

And it's funny, because when I was heavier, I was so in denial that I didn't even LOOK at my body...I just didn't want to know what was going on. So I try to be gentle with myself.

It just seems like we have to go through an awkward phase before we earn our "peach"....

I know what you mean about looking better depending on the day!
Let's just hope the awkward stage doesn't last too long!
Sydneyemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
I've been out of the loop for a few days. So busy this time of year! We were meant to fly to Brazil tomorrow but have had to postpone because my partner got a nice new job with Apple. He had to start immediately. A bit sad that we won't see any sun but happy he has a great new job.
So it's back to Callanetics. I'm about to climb out of bed and do Evolution.
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:39 AM   #231

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
And for those of you who have been doing Callanetics for a long time, at how many hours would you say you achieved your ideal body ..after which you just would need to work out for maintenance? I know i'm asking lots of question, sorry :/ , and thanks so much in advance ..
I began Callanetics the first week of November 2005. By middle January, I was at goal and had dropped major inches, having toned my hips and thighs like never before....I was dancing to the moon and back with my Callanetics results....been on the "soap box" evah since!
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
1/2 an hour of hips & Behind Callanetics
laurakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laurakitty
Stats: 158/158/132
WOE: Gluten & Dairy Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbenjamin View Post
I've been out of the loop for a few days. So busy this time of year! We were meant to fly to Brazil tomorrow but have had to postpone because my partner got a nice new job with Apple. He had to start immediately. A bit sad that we won't see any sun but happy he has a great new job.
So it's back to Callanetics. I'm about to climb out of bed and do Evolution.

Awww, that's too bad! I'm sure Brazil would be amazing this time of year.

Does this mean you will be in London over Christmas? I am there from the 22nd to the 30th, and would love to have an real life Callanetics lesson.
laurakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #234
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the reply, watch me shrink (sorry I don't know your name).. I can only hope to get results like that.. You look great! Did you diet and do other different kinds of exercises as well?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Am I the only one who thinks the pelvic circles and figure eights in Super Callanetics are just about impossible?

Since I just joined I wanted to introduce myself a little bit to you all.. I'm 23 , in college, live in Texas (on the Mexican border) and am originally from Turkey ( I visit every summer).. I'm single and don't have any children (however, I have two Pomeranians who may as well be my children I'm sure those of you with dogs know exactly what I mean) I appreciate this thread and everyone who contributes sooo much.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sydneyemma
Another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyemma View Post
Thanks again Sandra. it is so good to have people on here who no what they are talking about and can advise. My most nightmare is bulking up! I will be at 3 months by next week and I have noticed that my bum is smaller and looks nicer in trousers, and in some ooutfits I can really see it has gone down. Which is why it seems strange that my thighs and hips are goign the other way! My thighs are my body hate and even though I am not large really I just hate it! I have tried all different excercises but never found that they have been that great and I haven't really enjoyed them either! To be able to get back in my size 8's (which I was before, now a 10 but even when an 8 I didn't like my legs at all!)

It would be a great Christmas present to be in them by then!! I will try to keep stretching out as much as I can whilst I do them.

Em
Sorry another question. What exercise would be good for the front of the thighs?

Em
Sydneyemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #237

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, watch me shrink (sorry I don't know your name).. I can only hope to get results like that.. You look great! Did you diet and do other different kinds of exercises as well?
Eates, my name is Twyla. Nice to meet you.

I should have added to my earlier post that results will vary, depending on how close to goal one happens to be -- obviously, right?

But regardless, I found Callanetics to work very quickly and noticeably, esp given that I had tried other forms of workouts to reduce my thighs, and none worked as well or as rapidly as Callanetics. My hips/thighs are where I gain wait first, and they're the hardest to keep slender. A true endomorph, I am.

But to expand on your Q, yes, I also incorporated a minimum of 3 days of cardio, usually elliptical, 30 mins, each week, and I watched my calories and carbs closely at that time. I also lifted weights at that time for upper body sculpting.

But I attribute my most noticeable results during that period to Callanetics.

I wish you well in your journey.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #238
TFJ
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TFJ
Day 10 of Evolution done for December. I feel very stretched out and long! I always felt stretched with 10 in 10, too, but for some reason Evolution affects me very differently. Perhaps 10 in 10 will feel really different after doing Evolution for a while.

TFJ
TFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #239
ofo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ofo
Stats: 147/136/130
WOE: Moderate carbs
One hour of evolution done. My Cardiocallanetics dvd arrived today! Can't wait to try it.
ofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoriMarie
Stats: 137/129/125(current goal)/115 final goal 5'4"
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: Nov 2008
Another day of Evolution done today I am getting two wisdom teeth removed tomorrow so I may be MIA for a few days...I am hoping to lose a few pounds from the surgery due to lack of eating... Trying to see the postive in this..
LoriMarie is offline   Reply With Quote