Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #571
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kpfaith3
need some info...

Hi all...new to this forum. I just purchased Body Flex and am awaiting shipment...Can someone explain the different programs, bodyflex vs shapely secrets vs abdona??? I'm not sure I ordered what i wanted.

Thanks!
kpfaith3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swinglow
Stats: 247.6/236.6/195
WOE: Simeon's R1P2 til May 15, 2010
Start Date: March 28, 2010
Hey Kpfaith, welcome!

Bodyflex is a deep aerobic breathing program in which you stretch and do some light isometrics. It's a short workout and many say they lost more inches on bodyflex than with shapely secrets.

Shapely secrets is a program in which you breath normally and do much deeper isometric contractions. Throughout the workout you work your total body in just 7 minutes. Half that of bodyflex. You can read through this thread for testimonials.

Abdonda is a 7 minute workout that combines the bodyflex breathing with the deep contractions of shapely secrets. Please see the following quote for a discription of abdonda.

Quote:
I promise, girl81, you don't need it! The abdonda vids are just the bodyflex breathing mixed in. Do the program outlined earlier in this thread (page 2 or 3, I think) and add in the breath. Be for each contraction, start the breath... pah and contract.... hold five seconds.... inhale but continue to contract for 20 seconds while breathing normally. That's one rep. Do four reps per contraction. Again, follow the contractions explained earlier in the thread or choose your own isometric contractions from doing searches on youtube. Lots of great examples there. Whichever you choose, remember to do four reps.

I hope this helps.

"Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning" - Anonymous
swinglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #573
Junior LCF Member

Which series does everyone find most beneficial?

I really hope this works! I quit eating bread, pasta, rice and soda a few months ago and have still not lost a POUND!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #574
Senior LCF Member

You will be happy to know they all work! Abdonda is probably most complete because it's like adding aerobics to strength training.

I highly recommend reading the thread, though. There are so many great testimonials. Amazing inch loss throughout!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #575
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: BeyondClueless
I am still waiting for mine to arrive. They take forever to ship.
BeyondClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Everal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everal View Post
Hi, I'm slowly making my way through this thread with interest. I actually saw the info-mercial a couple of months ago, and it looked interesting. (Of course, we never want to admit that we might believe something that is sold on tv. )

I do not understand the tricep exercise from the explanation early in the thread. Can someone either help me understand it better? Or perhaps post photos?

Thanks.
Anybody?
Everal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
thank you denise.
I wonder, do they have w/o dvds at blockbuster/rental places?

Last edited by girl81; 03-19-2008 at 10:12 PM..
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

You're very welcome girl81. That's a good question... or maybe at the local library? hmmmm
Old 03-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #579
Junior LCF Member

try this too...

SO, I still haven't received my BODY FLEX BUT, I have been squeezing like hell for 3 days and feel a difference in the butt!!
If you haven't heard of JUMPSNAP, go to their website! I'm incorporating this 12 min calorie blaster into my workout and feel AWESOME! 12 min- 200 calories!
I also got the ARBONNE protein shake mix. Mix it with fresh fruit, with ice and fat free milk.YUMMY! keeps me going all morning!
Talk to you soon!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bfuser
Stats: 221/213/130
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2006
Thanks for the info on Jumpsnap. I had never heard of it. The website looks like an infomercial, and it doesn't really give you much information other than the opportunity to buy a product. It also looks like you have to be in pretty good shape already to use it. Jumping rope is difficult at best for someone who is out of shape.

You burn more calories with the old Body Flex program in one workout with less effort that it looks like you would with the Jumpsnap program. The SS Abdonda series is amazing. The inches continue to peel away!

Keep squeezing, everyone!
bfuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #581
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crmcdonald
Stats: 231
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: February 11, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfaith3 View Post
SO, I still haven't received my BODY FLEX BUT, I have been squeezing like hell for 3 days and feel a difference in the butt!!
If you haven't heard of JUMPSNAP, go to their website! I'm incorporating this 12 min calorie blaster into my workout and feel AWESOME! 12 min- 200 calories!
I also got the ARBONNE protein shake mix. Mix it with fresh fruit, with ice and fat free milk.YUMMY! keeps me going all morning!
Talk to you soon!
Hi: I looked up the Arbonne protein shake mix at the Arbonne web site. They do not list the nutritional breakdown. Would you please tell me the calories, protein, fiber, carbs per serving. Thank you. Carol
crmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #582
Junior LCF Member

Hey Carol, The protein shake is soooo yummy!
Arbonne Protein Shake:
Per serving
110 calories
18g protein
1g fiber
8g carbs
You have to order through a consultant, so if you want to order through me you can. My consultant # is #17577622. Shop online, then once you get to the checkout, you will need a Client ID number. Click on CLient Registration, then you enter my ID # in the space provided, then finish your check out.

The Protein shake is so good. I also take the going going gone supplements and the fizzy's. They give you energy, BOOST metabolism and curve appetite!

OK, so today was day 3 on BODYLEX...I am feeling good. I did 3 sets, instead of 1 with the gymbar. My arms are killing, stomach is sore too!!!
I measured myself the day I started my cycle, so I don't know if this will affect my results...they may look better!! we shall see.

How long before I really feel and see a difference?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:40 AM   #583
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaPagrl
Stats: 185/163/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 14, 2008
I'm back! And happy to report that after 2 weeks (and missing FOUR days of exercise in that time), I am down 5 lbs. and have lost SEVEN inches from my waist!! I've lost .5" on my arms, 1.5" on my thighs and 1" on my hips!! Yes, this is after only TEN days of the introduction to Shapely Secrets video (the one with the exercises explained on page 2/3). I just did the lower body abdonda this morning - yowza! Denise, thanks for explaining the breathing b/c Greer did NOT explain what the heck she was doing, so thank God I had your explanation nearby so I had a clue!

Oh, and, Denise, guess who's in those one-size-too-small jeans?!! YEAH, BABY!!! I can hardly believe that I couldn't get them to button or zip only TWO weeks ago yet was able to not only button & zip yesterday, I could even **breathe** in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everal View Post
I do not understand the tricep exercise from the explanation early in the thread. Can someone either help me understand it better? Or perhaps post photos?
Everal, if you lean your body forward slightly and put your arms behind you, squeezing your shoulder blades together and have your arms bent slightly (fists just behind your hips) - you'll kind of look like a person doing a ski jump if you've ever watched during the winter Olympics. You squeeze your shoulder blades together and squeeze your arm muscles as much as possible for 25 seconds and then raise your elbows each time (4 levels) - your arms will kind of straighten out with each change in position until, by the end, your arms are almost perfectly straight behind you with your fists maybe a foot away from your back. Does that help??

Last edited by CaPagrl; 03-30-2008 at 05:57 AM..
CaPagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:53 AM   #584
Senior LCF Member

OMG, Capagrl, that's huge! HUGE!!! I'm so happy for you, I'm dancing a jig in my living room right this moment!!!

Congratulations, friend.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaPagrl View Post
I'm back! And happy to report that after 2 weeks (and missing FOUR days of exercise in that time), I am down 5 lbs. and have lost SEVEN inches from my waist!! I've lost .5" on my arms, 1.5" on my thighs and 1" on my hips!! Yes, this is after only TEN days of the introduction to Shapely Secrets video (the one with the exercises explained on page 2/3). I just did the lower body abdonda this morning - yowza! Denise, thanks for explaining the breathing b/c Greer did NOT explain what the heck she was doing, so thank God I had your explanation nearby so I had a clue!

Oh, and, Denise, guess who's in those one-size-too-small jeans?!! YEAH, BABY!!! I can hardly believe that I couldn't get them to button or zip only TWO weeks ago yet was able to not only button & zip yesterday, I could even **breathe** in them
Seven inches in your waist?!? That's unbelievable!
WTG
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #586
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaPagrl
Stats: 185/163/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 14, 2008
I lost 5" the first week and 2" in the second week just in my waist. I have to wonder if I started out with some PMS bloating or something b/c it seems so extreme, but I'm happy with the loss regardless!

I've lost an entire pant size and am finally getting people to *notice* the change in my body. I honest to God look like I have a waist and I think I might even see a hint of obliques happening! My mom, who has also struggled w/ her weight most of her adult life, saw me Sunday for the first time in about 3 weeks and was AMAZED at what she was seeing. She wants to start SS now I'll probably give her my starter DVD while I go on a business trip this week - but I'm taking my measuring tape, timer & journal with me!!

Oh, and, Denise, since reading your explanation of the abdonda breathing, I've started incorporating that into my regular 7 minute work-out. It's fun b/c it gives me something else to focus on instead of just thinking, "Dear God, I hate doing the tri-ceps! When will this ever end?!" and the workout seems to go even faster now (as if 7 minutes doesn't fly by as it is! lol). Thanks again for that!! I've read reviews on Amazon about Greer's first book about just the breathing (I think it was probably pre-body flex) and some of the results reported on there are simply AMAZING! I wonder what my measurements will be *this* Saturday after a week of abdonda breathing?! I'll be sure to report (but if I'm late, it's only b/c I'm out of town on a business trip, so I'll touch base as soon as I'm able).

Now I have to go dig out some of my OLD "skinny clothes" to see what fits and what my next goal jeans are!

Keep up the great work everyone who's doing it!! And for those still on the fence, all I can say is that this is the easiest 'exercise' I've ever done (yes, I get a little sweaty, but it really is ONLY 7 minutes - no warm up, no cool down, etc.) and I am literally someone who is 99% couch potato. Physical activity nearly kills me - walking up the stairs still takes effort for me (I was a smoker for 15 years). But I can (and do) do this! And I'm losing icky inches & seeing muscle in it's place! I bought the WHOLE set (maybe $80 total?) and it's been worth EVERY penny - and I'm only on my 3rd week!
CaPagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smilingirisheyes
WOE: Plant Strong
Start Date: Autumn 2009
Teresa, I'm really happy for you...7 inches off your waist is incredible. How is it going now and how much more have you lost???
smilingirisheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Heya Gals!

I just got SS (as a gift) and did my 1st workout today.

Are any of y'all STILL doing the SS 7-minute basic workout? (The exercises on pages 2/3)

I wanted to do the SS because Callanetics was hurting my neck and I just couldn't do the Callan often.

BUT, the results from Callan are amazing and I'm not sure the SS can compare.

Anyone doing just the SS and seen AMAZING results and STILL using it?

Thanks!
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Hey Mountaingirl! I'm doing SS (Advanced mostly) and Lifelift (40 breaths at least daily), which is sorta like Bodyflex. So, I'm still in here and have just started this back up in the last few days. I feel great though!

I sure hope others chime in with their progressing. It is really inspiring
Old 04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Hey Smiling! I've been curious about the lifelift breath. How does it differ from bodyflex?
Old 04-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinglow View Post
Hey Smiling! I've been curious about the lifelift breath. How does it differ from bodyflex?
The creator of Lifelift, BTW, was Greer Childer's (former) SIL...funny huh? She taught her how to do it, and Greer modified it. Okay, it differs only a little bit. It is more gentle, but basically the same with different positions. Rashelle Haines is the creator of Lifelift and she has several websites; check it out! I had tried Oxycise, BodyFlex, and eventually just have the Lifelift now. Oh yeah, and just for fun, I bought a Breathasize tape (almost identical to Lifelift and Bodyflex too) off of Ebay LOL!!

Hope that answers your question. Are you doing SS??
Old 04-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for the reply! Yes, that helps a bunch! I've learned the bodyflex breathing and the oxycise breathing but I can't say I've used either with much regularity. Lately, I've added what I feel is a softer less funny looking form of bodyflex to my weight work out, though. I have to rest 60 seconds between sets and I was getting bored just standing there. So I've started adding 6 to 8 breaths in between. Very nice! Gives me something to do and makes my workout almost like aerobics with weights! Also, the whole thing takes me about 45 minutes so I have an increased oxygen flow for quite some time. I'll report back in a couple weeks or so and let you know if I think the combination of the two is doing anything special.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #593
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rasmus
Stats: 160/160/135
WOE: none
Do you get good results with the basic 7 minute program or do you really need to get the advanced or abdonda series?

And also am i right in thinking that greer shows you the exercises once (just holding for 25 seconds) and you then have to stop the dvd and do the routine another three times?

One more question, how many times a day are you supposed to do the routine to get the best results?

(sorry if all these questions have already been answered-its a LOOONNNGGGGGGG thread xx)

Last edited by rasmus; 04-14-2008 at 09:23 PM..
rasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:38 AM   #594
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rasmus
Stats: 160/160/135
WOE: none
just did this for the first time-wow!!!! the sweat was dripping off m and i can feel th ache already.

I shall report back in a week )
rasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:17 AM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinglow View Post
Thank you so much for the reply! Yes, that helps a bunch! I've learned the bodyflex breathing and the oxycise breathing but I can't say I've used either with much regularity. Lately, I've added what I feel is a softer less funny looking form of bodyflex to my weight work out, though. I have to rest 60 seconds between sets and I was getting bored just standing there. So I've started adding 6 to 8 breaths in between. Very nice! Gives me something to do and makes my workout almost like aerobics with weights! Also, the whole thing takes me about 45 minutes so I have an increased oxygen flow for quite some time. I'll report back in a couple weeks or so and let you know if I think the combination of the two is doing anything special.
Swinglow, that is an awesome idea. I think oxygen is great at anytime...it just really helps our cells get more energy/power to do their job...very cool isn't it? I'm looking forward to hearing about your results...please keep us all informed! I feel I'm already losing inches, not much on the scale though. I still need to watch those protein portions...aurgh!!

Oh yeah, have you went to the famous book store online that starts with "A" and rhymes with amagon ? Check out "Be A Loser" reviews...very inspiring!!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingirisheyes View Post
Swinglow, that is an awesome idea. I think oxygen is great at anytime...it just really helps our cells get more energy/power to do their job...very cool isn't it? I'm looking forward to hearing about your results...please keep us all informed! I feel I'm already losing inches, not much on the scale though. I still need to watch those protein portions...aurgh!!
I will definitely keep you informed! Yes I kept commenting on how energized I felt all day yesterday and I know, now, that it was the oxygen in between. Normally when I go to the gym and come home, I feel like I need a nap! :blush:

I hear you on the portion issues, friend. I finally figured out that I do better with three snacks and two meals rather than three meals and two snacks. At the end of the day, I can almost feel that I'm in an energy deficit. It's pretty neat. Then I sleep on an empty stomache. I go to bed at around 11 so nothing but ice cubes after 7 or 8. I don't even drink water after the cut off because I'll drink a ton and end up going to the bathroom all night! ok, maybe too much info... lol

Quote:
Oh yeah, have you went to the famous book store online that starts with "A" and rhymes with amagon ? Check out "Be A Loser" reviews...very inspiring!!
Oh my, I hadn't done that but I definitely will! I love inspiration any day of the week! Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Swinglow, 3 snacks and 2 meals sounds like a great idea! How do you divvy it all up throughout the day??

I have a report too...wow! I went to grab a larger pair of jeans in my closet to be *comfy* today, but I obviously grabbed the next smaller size (and don't we girls all have several sizes in our closets ). As I was putting them on talking with hubby, I commented that these were pretty darned snug for the larger jeans. I had him look at the tag and it was the tightest smaller size 14 in my closet and I was wearing it without pain! That definitely means I have lost some inches from SS and Lifelift breathing...wow! I love this stuff...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Okay, I've been following this thread forever. I'm amazed by the incredible results you all have. I desperately need to work out. My body just feels weak and blah! I had three babies in four years, but my youngest just had his first birthday so there are really no more excuses to continue being this way. Still, I have the hardest time finding the time to workout. I CAN DO 7 minutes, though!

So I have a question...I noticed that Teresa who has had really great results mentioned that she purchased the "whole" set for around $80, but I can only find where it says the entire Abdonda set is around $27 or $29. Is there some other video I'm missing?

Denise--I appreciate your explanation of all of the breathing and how combining it with the SS moves explained earlier in the thread essentially makes it Abdonda. I don't have any of the videos, but I'm thinking I'll start now by doing those moves from the thread and try to figure out the breathing. I'm hoping to find some ideas about the breathing through Youtube. I really have no clue. I've heard of Greer and Bodyflex before, but I've never seen anything about it.

Keep posting the great results please! They are so encouraging and motivating!

Thanks.
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Smilingirisheyes, that's fantastic news!!! Congratulations!

Lemonmama, you're so welcome! I'm glad I could be of help. The bodyflex breath can be viewed here: Looks absolutely rediculous but is very effective!

Hey Smiling, the three snacks/two meals breaks down like this:

First thing AM: Several glasses of water because I wake up pretty thirsty. After that settles, I mix two or three ounces water with a serving of supreme greens, a tsp cocoa powder, half a scoop chocolate protein powder and a couple tablespoons of half and half. I sip this over ice. Tastes divine and it's around 100 to 150 calories and around 3 carbs.

Around noon I have a nice sized low carb lunch; often a salad. Either I make a knock off version of the roadhouse ranch salad from quiznos; or a chicken salad with homemade honey mustard dressing (lc, of course); or a taco salad or whatever else I can think up.

Mid day snack is usually coconut bark with almonds or another shake or a little of both.

Dinner is around 7 and it's whatever I'm craving; another salad, Linda Sue's enchilada casserole, chicken divan.. just something yummy. With veggies on the side, if it's not a salad.

My last snack is actually dessert. Either another shake or one of Blue Bunny's Fudge Lites (35 cals, 4 grams sugar and only 1 gram sorbitol) I usually eat it around an hour after dinner or immediately following, depending on my mood. I don't eat anything after this; only tea sweetened with stevia or water. I like to go to bed on an empty stomach. I even work out on an empty stomach the following morning (if it's a workout day) and do not eat for an hour following. This was recommended in protein power and body for life. Definitely helps with fat burning.

I'm glad to hear you're getting such awesome results! I lost quite a bit of weight my first week and then spent the next couple weeks losing inches and gaining muscle at about the same rate I lost body fat. Since I've switched up my eating, though, the scale has been moving again and I'm still losing inches. I like that combination, a lot! I think I'll keep it!!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Swinglow, that sounds like a yummy shake. Do you not drink coffee?? I do, and hubby is kind enough to bring it to me in bed (awww!!!), but this morning I actually got my breathing in before coffee. I'm wondering whether NOT having coffee before working out is just as important as not eating....I don't really think so, but would like your opinion. Interesting about going to bed hungry; I do like that idea.

Do you take any supplements? I take the CLA/GLA combo, and have been taking it for a while. I'm thinking of laying off it for a while. I'm also taking it easy on T-tapping for the time being, but I do need to do it at least twice a week to *keep my hand in it*...LOL!

*Threadjack over*

I did get Greer's Be a Loser book from the library and the how-to Bodyflex tape to remind myself. I wish I could get over being the perfectionist about if I'm rolling up my ABs enough....grrr!! I think I am...