LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 06:49 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Okira
Stats: 223/181/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August, 2005
Honest opinions about Slim In 6 please!

I can't believe the reviews I've been hearing. Either people completely adore it or they TOTALLY hate it! What's your opinion and why? Is it really boring? Does it really work? Thank you!
Peace,
Okira
Okira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: French
Stats: 198/178/150 (5'4")
WOE: Calorie Counting
Start Date: 9/3/2008
I can't believe no one responded yet!

I have Slim in 6 (SI6) and Slim Series (SS). Both are Debbie Siebers.

I prefer Slim Series because she doesn't incorporate Yoga (I hate hate hate yoga), and because it's 6 workouts to rotate rather than just 3.

Having said that, I can tell you undeniably...they DO work. I have a pear shape and these workouts targeted that unlike anything I've ever experienced.

I love them because they aren't dancy at all. I feel very empowered after completing my workout. Lots of squats, lunges, etc.

If you like dancy, perky, upbeat...think about turbo jam. If you like straight forward, hard work...go for the Slim products.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

YES!!!!! Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you for responding! I'm SO far from perky or dancy, but I love Turbo Jam. Hated it at first, but I finally figured it out! I prefer straight forward hard work! Thank you!!
Peace,
Okira
Old 10-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mindfulness
Stats: 195.6/140/140 F,38yo, 5'4"
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 07/23/2010
I have Slim in 6 and I agree that it definately works. The problem is that I didn't make it the entire 6 weeks, because I got so sick of doing the same thing every day. It is an intense workout, but very boring.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Is it a full 1 hour per day?
Peace,
Okira
Old 10-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mindfulness
Stats: 195.6/140/140 F,38yo, 5'4"
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: 07/23/2010
Eventually, yes. It is 3 different workouts: Start it up(which is about 35 min, I think), Ramp it up(which is a little longer), then Burn it up(which is an hour).

You're supposed to move on when you feel like you can handle it.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: gotchocolate??
Stats: 271/271/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart - 6/19/07
I have Slim in 6 and I am in the middle as to how I feel about it! lol. It definitely works....I did it for a straight 6 weeks and definitely saw results. It is boring though. And the counter on the side of the screen doesn't help...you just keep staring at it wondering how much time you have left. Also, with all the squats and stuff, your legs really feel it the next day! I would recommend the Firm instead because it is alot more fun (if you are someone who gets bored easily like me) and there are a lot of different videos and workouts that you can do. Good luck!!!
Jules
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 269/[COLOR="Purple"]269[/COLOR]/135
Size: 24/[COLOR="Purple"]24[/COLOR]/8
Smile often...Everyone will wonder what you are up to!! [/COLOR]
gotchocolate?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: French
Stats: 198/178/150 (5'4")
WOE: Calorie Counting
Start Date: 9/3/2008
I do think the "boring" factor is there...especially for Slim in 6 with only 3 workouts. The first one is 24 minutes, the Ramp It Up is 47 minutes, and I'm not sure how long Burn It Up is but we'll just say an hour because it's close enough.

Slim Series has 6 total workouts (one of which is a streching video) and while they are all very similar, at least there's something a little different rather than just the same one day after day after day.

I have to admit that when I did Slim Series in 2003 I got incredible results and actually loved them. Now that I'm trying to get back into working out, I'm not as excited about them. I still like how I feel when I'm done...but I do kinda dread the whole thing...until the last 6 minutes (stretch and cool down). Actually, it's not that bad...but I would love to find something brand new and fresh to keep my attention.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Feelin'Great!
I did a search on Slim In Six and came up with this thread. I hope someone can answer my question. I have been lucky enough to have been given a set of Slim In Six videos (VHS) but I don't have the bands. This may seem like a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway...Would it be benenficial to use bands purchased from a sporting goods store? Or should I buy the original bands from the web site?

TIA!
Feelin'Great! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: aunatural
Stats: 150/don't want to know/125
WOE: Breastfeeding-1800 cals 30% from carbs
Start Date: 02/06/06
I don't think there is any difference between the bands sold by Slim in 6 and the ones at the sporting goods store. I would get the bands that were cheapest and more convenient to get. I also think the sporting goods store is a better option because you can test the bands for sturdiness.
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrookJay
Stats: Which time?! High of 243. Low of 142.
Start Date: May 4, 2002
I respectfully disagree about buying cheap bands. You really do get what you pay for in this arena, just like everything else.

I have the Beach Body bands and I have purchased countless other bands from ProForm to Reebok to Nike to off-brands at everywhere from Walmart, Sportsmart, to Target. I wish I had just bought the BB bands from the get-go. They're awesome quality.

My biggest complaint with most of the bands out there isn't the bands, it's the handles. They either don't move at all, move too much, twist/pinch, etc. Regardless which way you decide to go on the bands, be sure that they don't have metal parts on the handles or where the handles connect to the bands cuz they will pinch and scratch. Be sure that the handles are good and sturdy, because ones made from nylon and whatnot are the kind that twist and move too much IMO.

HTHS!
~Brook
BrookJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jillieb
Stats: 170.5/168/145
Start Date: 7.11.12
I tried it tonight...and only the starter one...I was soooo bored. I've become used to Turbo Jam...and it's way faster and gets you going...her and her breathing..lol!
jillieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I finally got to try this. Boring? Yes, but I can tell it's going to work. I'm definitely going to stick with it for 6 weeks, but then I'm back to my beloved Turbo Jam!
Peace,
Okira
Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggiwegs
Stats: 198/163/150
Start Date: 1/6/04; restarted 1/9/07
Congratulations on finishing the whole 6 weeks! When I was done with my first go 'round with Si6, I was very happy to never do them again! I still do them every once in a while, but it will never be a first choice workout. Too uneven. When I hit "play" I don't want to be counting reps and so on. I want to be assured that the filming and editing have been done flawlessly and I can get a good even workout, like TURBOJAM!!
eggiwegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CindyLouWho
WOE: whole foods; gluten free
I had both SI6 and SS and they were very effective, but very boring and repetitive. I held onto them for about a year, but they had too much of a dread factor to them for me so I sold them.

I will say that nothing else has slimmed my lower body like Slim Series. I just don't have the patience for it.
CindyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aquarian
Stats: 297/267/155
WOE: Lean Protein, Very Limited Carbs - Kimkins
Start Date: Restarted 04/12/2007
Slim Series Express

I wanted to let everyone know that Slim Series Express is coming out and has shortened the workouts to 35 minutes or less. I just ordered the series on Ebay! I'm going to mix it in with Slim in Six!
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MINTYSHAKE
Stats: 166.5/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan 2011
I really like SI6 and have read about many people on a different board who got AWESOME results- I like Debbie the instructor.

My only complaint is doing Burn it Up 5-6X week the last 3 weeks- BORING!

She supposedly has a "Quick Toning" SI6 set now on Beachbody where the workouts are only 30 minutes.
MINTYSHAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Yep to the boring long Burn it Up Workout!

I'm going to do it most of the time but I'm going to throw in some of the new Slim Series Express Workouts, Keep It Up, and other slim series workouts to break up the monotony. The reason why I haven't just walked away from Slim in Six is because it was the only workout plan that I really saw amazing results with and I have never finished the entire 6 weeks due to the monotony. I got 4 weeks knocked out 2 years ago and I looked GREAT!!!! I was so cinched it, it was incredible.

I have had a trainer in the past and I own a whole lot of exercise DVDs but this was the only time I saw the type of results that were remarkable and the transformation in my body that I wanted. I was losing a size a week and looked great at my friends wedding, so good in fact I made a love connection with the best man!!! I'm going to use it again now because I stumbled across one of the pictures of the best man and I at the reception, and I want to look that good again or maybe even better, this summer!

Stepping off the soapbox now!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so glad you guys revived this thread. I am the one who received the free VHS tapes of SI6 but needed the bands. Well, I bought the bands from BeachBody and now I just need to get started. I don't have any of the paperwork or booklets that may correspond with the program. Can anyone tell me what the rotation and/or progression schedule should be? Just wondering.

Hey, is there a challenge for Slim In Six? A new one would be nice!

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggiwegs
Stats: 198/163/150
Start Date: 1/6/04; restarted 1/9/07
The calendar I got was very simple: 1/2 to 1 week of Start if Up, 2 1/2-3 weeks of Ramp it Up and the rest of the time is Burn it Up. Good luck! Let us know how you like it!
eggiwegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
I'm here to help!

Gallery: SugarFreeSheila
Stats: 141 to 110
Start Date: 2001
This is a great thread! I already do the "Slim & 6 Pack" ab segment (it alone is offered via my DVR) and really like Debbie and especially the counter!! In-and-Out workout attitude here, so that little detail is much appreciated.
SugarFreeSheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thisisrightnow
Stats: 240/172.8/150, 5'6", 30
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: 5/10/07 (generic LC/SB), 7/19/09 (Atkins)
I am attempting to download Slim in 6 from a Bit Torrent site (where you can download a bunch of different stuff) but it's going very slow. Right now it says it has 15 days left, so maybe I'll get it eventually. I'm also downloading all the Turbo Jam sessions. So hopefully once I get all those downloaded, I can burn them to DVD and won't have to shell out the cash to get them, even though I'm sure they'd be worth it, working part time doesn't get you very far money wise.

BMI before: 38.7
BMI now: 27.6
thisisrightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggiwegs View Post
The calendar I got was very simple: 1/2 to 1 week of Start if Up, 2 1/2-3 weeks of Ramp it Up and the rest of the time is Burn it Up. Good luck! Let us know how you like it!
Thank you Eggiwegs! That helps. Now I'm giving some serious thought to buying Hip Hop Abs and do both workouts. I gotta get offa my bfb!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:36 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I got started on Thursday, May 10, 2007, I missed Sunday partly due to Mother's Day but honestly I should have gotten up earlier to do it in the morning! Is anyone else out there doing SI6?
Old 05-19-2007, 06:19 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: M&E
I am going to pull mine out and see how 6 weeks goes for me too! I will start this evening.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: happycat
I started seriously doing Slim in 6 last week. Today, I thought I'd do something different, and I did the Power 90 3-4 Sweat. The whole time I was doing it, I was thinking "Man, I wish I was doing Slim in 6". I do get bored from time-to-time, but this time around I'm liking Debbie's workouts much better. And about the breathing....a long time ago, I had an aerobics instructor that did that. She said she wanted us to know when to breathe in and when to breathe out, and that it had an effect on your muscles (as far as toning). So, now I do it too! I'm also working out in front of a mirror, and that is helping a lot. I got one of those closet door cheapies at Wal-Mart and stand it up in front of me when I'm exercising. That helps me to see if I'm getting the correct form. And also, I always just have on a sports bra and pants or shorts. That way, I can see my stomach and see that I'm finally seeing muscle definition there. Yep, lovin' the Slim in 6 series!
happycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

You guys have got my curiosity stirred. So....I just ordered Turbo Jam! That way I can mix up my workouts so I never get bored. Plus, I love the beachbody series, so it's gotta be good!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Happycat, girl!

Happycat, that sounds like me I mostly workout to Slim in Six in my bra and panties too for the same reason. Plus I think it helps with mentally picture the muscle you are working. Now the thought of working out in the mirror scares me but I can imagine it is good to ensure good form!

Keep up the good work I'm going to have to make up yesterday and tomorrow of Ramp It Up! Due to poor planning and an all day trip I'll be on tomorrow! I will try 2 workouts in one day on Wed and Thurs though.

One of the main things I need results for is my nieces christening on June 11 I will be 2 sizes slimmer by then!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian View Post
Happycat, that sounds like me I mostly workout to Slim in Six in my bra and panties too for the same reason. Plus I think it helps with mentally picture the muscle you are working. Now the thought of working out in the mirror scares me but I can imagine it is good to ensure good form!

Keep up the good work I'm going to have to make up yesterday and tomorrow of Ramp It Up! Due to poor planning and an all day trip I'll be on tomorrow! I will try 2 workouts in one day on Wed and Thurs though.

One of the main things I need results for is my nieces christening on June 11 I will be 2 sizes slimmer by then!!!!

Good luck, Aquarian! You can do it!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
I love the Slim & 6 video. I do it most days of the week.
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote