Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 03:25 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alyzu
If you're still interested, the Slim Series Express workouts are available. I have them, and mix them in with SI6 and SS. I like them a lot.
alyzu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fatgirl101
Stats: 253/200/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 2004
anyone still doing this?
fatgirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2LoseLiz
I hate it!
Love2LoseLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bunnyliu
Stats: Starting Over 162/157/125
Start Date: February 4, 2014
i have th slim in 6 full version from the infomercial. I suppose they're alright workouts, but they are SO INCREDIBLY BORING after the first week. I was so tired of listening I had to listen to my ipod during them. Other than that the exercises are pretty easy so its not a difficult program to do. It's just sticking to it that's the problem because again, it is very dry and boring.
bunnyliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Diamond27
I didnt use bands and it was better!

Hi Tia:

I did not use any bands at all and I think I got better results than people who did. I used 8 pound dumb bells where I was free from the restraint of the bands and I always kept my weight strenght at the same level. It was great. I dont like bands because its just too much to deal with. The program would probably work even with no weights at all. Anyhow, the answer is no. You dont have to purchase anything from them other than the program. Everything else you can get from your local store that sells it like Wal Mart.
Diamond27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:54 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: d_samy2003
I am glad you have had such wonderful results. could you please elaborate on the diet plan. I mean what sort of fasting you did? and what is the 6 day miracle diet?
d_samy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Daisy09
Stats: size 16/8/4
I've heard people having great results, but it was way too boring for me.
Daisy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Slim Series is *much* better, in my opinion. I have been doing these on and off for 5 years now!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Hated it and pulled a muscle doing it-very boring.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dragonballz
Stats: 214/210/180-first goal
Start Date: 9/23/13
I just ordered the si6 series and I can't wait to get it so I can get started. I'll keep you updated on my results.
dragonballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I have been doing si6 now for about 2weeks. I love the program and the scale has finally moved. My pants are fitting me better and I feel amazing. I am doing the program 4-5day/wk. I am following atkins and doing really well. I do recommend the series. With my package I got the express package too.

I really like the way I feel after. I do not have that bored factor yet but my package came with like 15tapes so once the first 6weeks is up I am going to switch in other workouts and keep going. It came with a booklet to mix in other workouts so I am excited!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
my only advice is don't do it when your pregnant even if you already had a high activity level prior. I was fit and doing this workout caused my miscarriage, its so intense! I was sore everywhere I am sure it works if you work it. best wishes for success for everyone who is doing it.
MSN08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:59 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
my only advice is don't do it when your pregnant even if you already had a high activity level prior. I was fit and doing this workout caused my miscarriage, its so intense! I was sore everywhere I am sure it works if you work it. best wishes for success for everyone who is doing it.
I am so sorry for your loss!! I agree it is very intense.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TessZX9
Stats: 289/234/165
WOE: Alli program
Start Date: May 2008
Hello everyone. I'm considering buying these dvds because it looks like it's a program I'll enjoy doing. I like yoga and resistance type workouts and the routines look pretty good. I'm getting married this October and I desperately want to look great for my special day.
I'm 5' 9", and 234 lbs., size 18/20, my problem areas like a lot of women are my hips,belly,thighs and upper arms. Does this program work pretty decently?
I'm willing to do the hard work and diet, I just want to know how well this works before I sink 70 dollars into it. I read the posts on here and they all seem to say that it gets boring and the music is awful but I have an ipod so that's not an issue. Also it'd be nice to have a netpal who's doing the routine too so we can motivate each other. Thanks.

Tess
TessZX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #45
uki
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: uki
Not very effective

I've just finished Week 6. Did "start it up" for 2 weeks, then "Ramp It Up" for another 2 weeks, and now just finished the second week of "Burn It Up". Intense workout, and boring like others have been saying -- but my only results are tightening muscles and overall toning. I didn't stick to any diet or meal plans -- but I ate very healthy and really watched the portion sizes. I thought that I probably won't see any drastic weight loss but definitely would see at least a few pounds drop. I do feel good about the toning part -- but can't understand why I didn't lose a single pound. I started off with 160 lbs (5'7", 39 y.o.) -- and I'm still there. Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks!
uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amanishakhete
I have already experienced a negative with this series. The DVD does not play on my 2 DVD players but will play on my computer. I got a good look at the DVDS. They're scratched and have some white substance on the DVD.

This defeats the purpose of playing a exercise DVD on a computer and it does not come with a remote.

A replacement will be sent. Until then I will reserve my judgement for later.
amanishakhete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KlingonBabe
Stats: Miserable/Sane/FABULOUS
I love Slim In 6. "Workout DVD for Clumsy Old Ladies," is what I call it. I don't mind being bored by doing the same simple moves all the time. These moves work every body part, effectively. I don't have to WASTE my mental energy trying to learn dancy-schmancy moves, and feeling like the hippo in the back of the class because, even when I kinda learn the move, I am so bloody graceless. With Slim in 6, ALL of my energy is going towards doing moves that WORK.
KlingonBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AngieSG
Stats: 120.8/117.8/110
WOE: Low Carb-just healthier foods in general
Start Date: 1/21/13
Is anyone still using Slim In 6? I just ordered and should have it tomorrow. Sounds like people either love it or hate it. Just curious about results if you actually stick with it.
AngieSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachael66
Inspiration!

Hi guys, wow the amount of workouts available on Beachbody website is intense!

Thanks for all your advice on this thread, my main aim is a holiday with the inlaws famiy (lots of the family are beautiful and slim and the thought of it is filling me with dread and despair!) in 11 weeks time, so in my mind I have one opportunity to IDEALLY lose around 50 lbs and if possible to tone up - SO, what to do? SlLim in 6? Body Turbo? SO far I have done day one and day two of insanity (fit test and a cardio day) and it has floored me, I have never ever done any exercise in my life and this programme has killed me, it wasnt so much the intensity of it, although I no where near managed the levels they do, on more than one occasion I just had to stop and stare and watch them for a while - are they insane!!?! , my biggest problem with it and the reason I am looking elsewhere is the complexity of it, I just couldnt manage all the chopping and changing in moves, it made my head spin, so anyway, I digress - ladies which is the routine for me do you think? Any advice whatsoever is welcome and thank you in advance, you are all an inspiration! xxx
Rachael66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dariasen
Stats: 241/228/150-140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/14/13
I started with SI6 last year but quickly dropped it and switched to Jillian Michaels workouts. I liked Debbie's upbeat attitude but I found the moves very intense for a newbie and incredibly slow paced. I may go back to it but not sure. I hate when workouts get longer as you progress. Just because I'm fitter doesn't mean I have more time. I hour for a workout and a shower is just about all I can do on a normal day.
dariasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Just chiming in to show my love for slim in 6. I remember when I started I couldn't fit into a pair of jeans and by day 6 they were tight but I wore them out of the house and to the park. I'm more of an apple but I got serious results in 4 weeks. I have a short attn span when it comes to DVDs/I almost never complete them fully or w out tweaking. It is borIng but you get results. Add your own music if that helps.
krissakris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Zuri
Start Date: May 2013
I just started slim in 6 today and im really excited about it! I dont mind the boring nature of it at all. I got the dvd's from my mom but she didnt have the meal plan or other instructions anymore so i went to the beachbody website & they suggested a low carb diet. thats how i ended up here! lol i'm tired of being the fat chef and its time to get my life together!!
Zuri is offline   Reply With Quote