Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abee
Stats: 170/170/125
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: 25 August 2014
Not sure where I belong...

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to high fat, low carb eating. But the last few times I've tried it I've not had the great results I had the first time. I'm thinking that is because I haven't gone into ketosis.

I did a fat fast type thing for about 2 weeks in April, lost about 10 lbs and kept about 7 off. But I keep getting derailed by stress and house guests. I can't keep my head in the game, so I'm here for some accountability.

My plan is to cycling between 3 days of egg fast and 4 days of EFGT for a while and then move to EFGT ratios permanently. I didn't really know about the book, but the ratios it recommends are the ones I'm usually aiming for.

Do you think I work here? I am a bit worried about ketosis since I have seemed to develop a bit of a resistance - but I checked out the LCHF area and I just felt more comfortable here.

I'm a bit afraid of no veggies on the egg fast - I'm considering adding in Perfectly Healthy Mega Greens MSM Powder. I can't find a carb count on that, since its considered a supplement. But I think I'll do the first 3 days and see how that goes before I decide to play around.
abee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish_Troy
Stats: Age 47 - 211/162/155
WOE: LCHF / NK / Fat Fast
Start Date: 1.1.2014
I was recently derailed while I was out of town and have discovered drinking 1 tbsp of MCT oil about every 3 hours helps get me back into Ketosis in lest than 48 hours and sometimes faster. I would say go slow on hold off on the veggie powder until you can get some idea of the carb count
Irish_Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Troy View Post
I was recently derailed while I was out of town and have discovered drinking 1 tbsp of MCT oil about every 3 hours helps get me back into Ketosis in lest than 48 hours and sometimes faster. I would say go slow on hold off on the veggie powder until you can get some idea of the carb count
Ok. Great I'll try that. If you go to my journal you can see that my 3 day egg fast results have not been so great, so maybe this will help

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...body-back.html

Last edited by abee; 08-28-2014 at 03:01 AM..
Old 08-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish_Troy
Stats: Age 47 - 211/162/155
WOE: LCHF / NK / Fat Fast
Start Date: 1.1.2014
I've also been starting my day with BPC which also seems to either keep me in ketosis or kick start it very quickly

My Bullet Proof Coffee recipe:
2 Cups Coffee
2 Tbsp. Grass-Fed Unsalted Organic Butter
1 Tbsp. Brain Octane MCT Oil (or 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil)
1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Blended for 10-20 seconds
Irish_Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:09 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Troy View Post
I've also been starting my day with BPC which also seems to either keep me in ketosis or kick start it very quickly

My Bullet Proof Coffee recipe:
2 Cups Coffee
2 Tbsp. Grass-Fed Unsalted Organic Butter
1 Tbsp. Brain Octane MCT Oil (or 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil)
1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Blended for 10-20 seconds
Wow, that's a lot of fat! This is my problem. I know that lots of people say calories don't count, but for me they seem to be important. If I were fat fasting (as you suggested in my journal) that coffee would be almost half the calories I'd be allowed!

I have done a fat fast before - I had a hard time keeping myself to 1000 cals, but around 1200-1300 cals worked well for me. The reason I chose to egg fast this time was because I wasn't supposed to be worried about cals and I could eat cheese with the eggs (I love cheese!).

But I think the cals thing is key for me unfortunately.... I will probably go back to a fast fat for 3 days per week starting out with BPP - but with less fat. Probably 1 tbsp coconut oil per cup or mct (but I do love the taste of the coconut oil...) Have that in the morning, start eating around 12 or 1 pm and then eat my 1200 cals before 8 pm.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Everyone is different, but I think, sometimes it takes a while. I didn't lose weight at all the first month (some water maybe) and then after I was eating "clean" for a long time, it's like my fat cells got tired of holding out on me and gave it up. I have lost 20 pounds in 4 months and I'm 65 years old--and a lifelong yo-yo dieter. So hang in there and don't weigh yourself every day. Just trust in the plan. Diet. Whatever you want to call it. And don't fear the fat.

Also, beware the cheese. I love it too but am realizing it's slowing me down. Not that I'm doing anything about it, but I'm cutting back on the dairy when I can.

Good luck!
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote