Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Oh good! Glad Phil is well enough to come home!
Happy Sunday!

Blow those storms away!!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
There were tornados spotted in that fad storm of the other night but no serious damage to touchdowns. Extreme weather all over the world these days
No more extreme than we've always had at different periods in our earth's long history! This short time we've been measuring temperatures and extreme events is quite short, comparatively.
I have read, however, that a cool spring, such as we are having, usually means more tornadoes, darnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Oh good! Glad Phil is well enough to come home!
Happy Sunday!

Blow those storms away!!
I'll HUFF and I'll PUFF and I'll BLOW those storms away!
Happy Sunday to you!

MK I hope for a smooth day today and tomorrow.
I also quoted Carolyn but I don't see it here - I was laughing at your 2 oz. loss! TAKE IT! IT'S A BEGINNING!!

Debbie I am glad I'm not near enough for you to slap me for what I'm about to say....
Your DH's spaghetti sabotage is exactly why I started eating this way and exactly why I started planning my food and cooking in advance. I still want spaghetti, but I'll make my own sauce and I'll put it on zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash or I'll just admit it - sometimes no noodles!
Or it's VERY good on steamed broccoli!

It's the planning ahead for a busy person that gets us, I think. We can make nearly anything low carb, it just takes time and effort - that we funnel away from something else...

I think our Canadian Debby and my SS (skinny sister) eat fairly similarly from what I can tell - they will plan ahead, but grudgingly and very simply. It's a whole turkey or a whole chicken then they'll separate it into servings.
Anyone in their family can eat it, but at least they KNOW they have SOMETHING. Add a couple of vegetables or one & a salad with some yummy fatty dressing and KABLAM - dinner!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Thank you Carolyn and Judy. (And Judy...I wouldn't slap you!) I have been on Metformin for about 4 1/2 years and I guess I just want to be in denial. How's that working for me you may ask?! Not well...and my fluffiness shows it

Planning is huge. This summer I think I will be teaching 2 12 hour shifts and off the other days....need to make a part time job out of getting myself all into Low Carb. Next in the Fall my teaching schedule will be heavy, but not nearly as heavy as it is this Spring. It has been crazy for months! So many papers to grade and I like to give feedback...so that takes time!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I sure hope what you read is all wrong Judy. I sure don't like tornadoes! Especially in a house with no basement!!! Ugh.

Carolyn, I think I'd lost 2 oz too but then I think I gained it back. Up,down, up down, over and over and over. Insanity I guess. It sure fits the definition.

Planning is the worst part of eating this way. But, when you do take the time and effort to plan, it's amazing how well it actually works. I am talking to myself here too, you know.

MK, I sure hope Phil is doing well at home and continues to do well.

We're both dealing with terrible allergies already this year. I think living in a rural area is playing havoc with our noses.

I caught a 2 lb, 17+ inch trout today! I was so proud. And then I grilled it and another one from yesterday on the grill. Very good!!!! The season is about over and you can sure tell because they sure aren't biting like they were. I'm sure going to miss fishing for them until next November when it starts up again.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes - what I read about tornadoes could be ALL WRONG!!
I hope it's wrong, too.

Debbie I was kind of kidding - I was TOTALLY Monday-morning quarterbacking.
"well if you'd just planned and had other proper food, you'd be fine."

It sounded a little icky to me, but that is the only way I've been able to cope with an entirely different way of eating - is planning ahead, and cooking ahead.
Obviously you might find better and more efficient ways and easier ways.

Of course if you don't share them with us I might slap you. (NO! Never!!)
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep Judy, I have to prepare ahead... either that or starve. I don't freeze it in serving size though... bag full of cooked hamburger, bag of precooked burgers, bag of frozen dark turkey pieces, bag of frozen white turkey, etc. Then I always have a huge covered bowl of pre-cooked veggies... sometimes 3 or 4 different bowls of cooked veggies, oh then the hard-boiled eggs...
My problem now-days is that I can't think what to fix for poor DH! I'm all set (don't need variety)... but he likes variety & thus the mind-stump.

Yesterday we took the motorcycle out for a run. The loud noise was gone (not sure if I told you about that... the tires we had on it last year were making a loud noise), so DH changed the tire back to the original kind.

Anyway, only a couple spots where the snow/ice made getting through on the driveway tricky. Fun to ride. So, guess next week-end the studded tires will have to come off our vehicles.

We had the G-kiddo's for the last 24 hrs. It was fun. We just got back from taking them home. Gave their Mommy a nice long break (she needed it)!

Sandy your trout stories are great! Sure makes my mouth water!

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-06-2014 at 07:45 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
No more extreme than we've always had at different periods in our earth's long history! This short time we've been measuring temperatures and extreme events is quite short, comparatively.
I have read, however, that a cool spring, such as we are having, usually means more tornadoes, darnit.
)
No, no Judy, THE END IS NEAR, THE EARTH IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL, , don't rob me of feeding into this!!!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Kudos to our master of fishing, SANDY,
Old 04-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #69

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals

Sandy, you are a master fisherman. Is your dad still there??? I would find the closest storm shelter just in case. I am sure you can call for info. We have a basement, but ds is on the top floor of his building in BArrow. Let's hope it is a mild season.

Off to the gym. Maybe I'll lose another ounce. I need to drink more water. So I will make myself do that this week.

So glad Phil is home and that the nurse is visiting for a while. I know MK will make a great nurse, too and Merlin can be her nurse's aid.

Planning ahead is the key to food success. Debby seems to have some great ideas!!!

Off to the shower.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No, no Judy, THE END IS NEAR, THE EARTH IS SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL, , don't rob me of feeding into this!!!

OK....
Ok.

Quote:
Kudos to our master of fishing, SANDY,
*bowing* I concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals

Sandy, you are a master fisherman. Is your dad still there??? I would find the closest storm shelter just in case. I am sure you can call for info. We have a basement, but ds is on the top floor of his building in BArrow. Let's hope it is a mild season.

Off to the gym. Maybe I'll lose another ounce. I need to drink more water. So I will make myself do that this week.

So glad Phil is home and that the nurse is visiting for a while. I know MK will make a great nurse, too and Merlin can be her nurse's aid.

Planning ahead is the key to food success. Debby seems to have some great ideas!!!

Off to the shower.
I hope you will have lost many ounces, Carolyn!
I was also wondering if Sandy's dad was still there.

MK - still keeping you all in my prayers!!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning, earth still in orbit I see
Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #72

No, my dad went home so I'm on my own with my fishing now. He told me yesterday he's done fishing with me if I'm going to show him up by catching bigger fish than he did, lol. Really he said he was so sorry to have not been able to see me catch that one yesterday. I wish he could've seen it too!!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You.
Are.
So.
Funny!!!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #74
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's good!
Just got good news... my sister thought she found cancer on her breast... brown spots... turns out its a harmless growth common to 40+ people. PTL!! I've been praying for her. So relieved.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's good!
Just got good news... my sister thought she found cancer on her breast... brown spots... turns out its a harmless growth common to 40+ people. PTL!! I've been praying for her. So relieved.
Oh my - that IS good news.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:01 AM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Great news Debby!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:14 AM   #78

That is wonderful new Debby!! Thank God!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 AM   #79

Good morning

Dh left early this am to take a friend to KU med for a kidney transplant evaluation. Because of his bad sugar levels, he is on dialysis 3 times a week. He finally got them down when a doctor in Wichita told him that carbs make your glucose go up!! It was like a revelation to him. Dr. Cobb thinks that diabetes doctors giving out bad info should be liable for malpractice.

So happy that your sister is fine , Debby. It is always best to get things checked.

Off to the eye doctor's office to make sure my new $450 glasses are the right prescription. Lol. I can't read little street signs until I am very close to them. Not good.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!
I just turned in a report and in a few minutes we're going to have Maddox for a few hours.
His mother is a member of a tribe who has medical services in Norman, OK, so we're going to entertain Mr. Baby and she will drive to Norman, unfettered, to do exactly what Carolyn's doing - exchange her contact lenses for the RIGHT prescription! LOL

Choir practice tonight. Our Disciples churches in Tulsa are getting our choirs together for Good Friday service. The music will be good, anyway. Dark... you know...

I think Dr. Cobb is more than likely right, but I am sure those docs are just lazy about nutrition and probably jaded about a patient really changing their eating behavior. I don't think they have bad intent, but they are also not really really dispensing the truth, which might save some people. Being that she is herself a doctor and knows all the things we don't, I can see her wake-up call to her colleagues...

I hope the transplant person is a candidate. Dialysis is your whole life.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #81

Hi

Gary met Beth for lunch at some place called Aixois ( he thinks). Tiny was done his evaluation by 2. They said there is a waiting list 2 to 3 years in the Midwest, but on each coast it could be 5 to 10 years!!

Well, they got the wrong lens in my glasses. No wonder I couldn't see the street signs. Plus my contact wasn't polished correctly so it kept clogging up. All will be fixed!!!

Oh. I'm sure your Good Friday music will be great...Happy babysitting!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #82

Hi!,

Just saw that 20 Feet from Stardom is on instant Netflix. This is a great movie if you love Motown. These ladies were at Sundance when Beth was there and they sang for them which was indeed amazing!!!

Haircut today. She doesn't style it as she would curl it a bit, so I might have to go home and do something with it before reading and lunch with Dianne. My dear friend is moving to Lawrence soon.

You are right. Dr. Cobb is on a mission. We are very lucky to have her in town!!!

Any special Easter plans anyone?? Brett will come home and we will drive to KC for Sat for lunch with dd and her dh. We will come home the same day. I have church nursery on Easter so it will be overflowing with babies!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Probably overflowing with babies in super cute Easter clothes!!
I kind of envy you that. Together with your lunch in KC. That sounds wonderful.

I get my hair cut & colored on Friday, so I'm pretty close to my friends here with hair.
SO IMPORTANT!!

Setting up a new computer for DH today.
I would nearly always rather poke my eyes out with a fork, but DH's computer is dying, and was graceful enough to give us warning so we can transfer info rather than recover.

pray for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #84

You and Sandy on setting up a new computer. Dh and I aren't good at that one.

I am knitting baby bibs.. They are fun patterns and easy to do. I have 3/4 of one done.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #85

I hate setting up new computers and especially hate transferring everything to the new one from the old AND I hate backing up stuff, which has been known to bite me in the butt a time or two. I preach it to everybody but don't follow my own advice enough. It's on my to-do list though.

I'm so excited. My DD, DSIL and the two great-grandbabies are coming this weekend!! We're going to go to the Wamego Tulip Festival. Mostly just so the boys can ride the little train there. But DSIL is super excited about all the food trucks that are supposed to be there too. DD bought the boys western shirts to wear with their jeans and cowboy boots when they come. I can't wait to see them in those outfits. And she bought them darling little suits that match for Easter too. Fun times!!! So I went to the store and bought more carby stuff than I've bought in the last year for them, lol. And what's leftover will go home with them.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy that sounds SO neat.
So much to look forward to!!
A picture could be in order?

I love the thought of a tulip festival! I've seen tulips in Amsterdam and in Washington state. Might have to plan a trip next year to Wamego!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #87

Topeka has a tulip festival too, which I went to once a few years ago. I love tulips!!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #88

Hi ladies!!

Love tulip festivals. In Iowa Pella always had a great tulip festival. That is a huge Dutch community. The bakery always made the best Dutch Letters. (Not on plan). It should be fun, Sandy seeing the kiddos!!!!

Christian Women's Club is today. Our speaker is from Tulsa. She also wrote a book, of course. So, lots to do this am!!

I made the mistake of having my hairdresser blow dry my hair yesterday after she cut it. Normally a haircut is $16, but with her blow drying it was $34! It took her very little time, so I won't do that again!

Have a great day!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa! Hope you took a picture of that expensive haircut/blow-dry!

Working today - from home.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #90

No, Judy. It didn't look that great..really. My friend goes to her, too and has hair like mine and has her dye her hair. Nothing fancy, just basic brown. I do like my haircuts from her, though.

The speaker today was a TSA agent at the Tulsa airport. I thought I had seen her before. She is Native American and works the early shift. Very, very nice lady.