Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Help please! Lo Carb/Low Sugar - 3 weeks no results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/825124-help-please-lo-carb-low-sugar-3-weeks-no-results.html)

Slider09 03-10-2014 11:06 AM

Help please! Lo Carb/Low Sugar - 3 weeks no results

This is getting slightly silly.
Week one - fine, maybe I overate (but still just cheese and meats).

Week two - dropped all nuts and small portion peanut butter from week 1/ took out 70% of cheese) - good all week

Week three (past week) I was a model citizen.
I'm in ketosis - (moderate to large)

Have worked out 2-3 days a week.
And I'm a grand total of 4 pounds down.
Meat, eggs, vegetables, salads with oil.

I'm confused. And of course frustrated.
Does this just not work for some people?

ravenrose 03-10-2014 12:08 PM

were you eating low carb before you started this plan? if so, you won't get that water weight loss because you were already in ketosis. a lot of times people are eating low carb enough for this to be true when they were just meaning to "count calories."

actually, 4 lb is quite a respectable amount to lose in 3 weeks! it all depends on how obese you are to start with. if you weigh 350 lb, I would agree it's a disappointing result.

Slider09 03-10-2014 12:53 PM

I wasn't doing low carb at all before this.
I weight 200 and looking to get to 180, so needless to say I'm a little disheartened at these results.

shenon1 03-12-2014 05:11 PM

Are you drinking enough water?

Patience 03-12-2014 05:55 PM

Don't discount 4 pounds. It is really important.
I think many people expect too much too fast.
This is a long haul change in the way you eat, so I'd encourage fortitude not discouragement.

I recommend Atkins induction. No nuts at all are allowed.
I have also found it confirmed, although I did NOT believe it at first, that exercise is good but not necessary for weight loss. I have lost 30 pounds in a year, with far less exercise than in the past, and me in my 60s.

You need to opt into a permanent change in your way of eating, one you can maintain, and not expect too much too fast in terms of weight loss. It will happen, if you persist.

JudyJo 03-14-2014 10:32 PM

Have you seen this information about the Fat Fast?

Fat Fast For A Few Days To Induce Weight Loss « Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low Carb Blog

Just Jo 03-15-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patience (Post 16834872)
Don't discount 4 pounds. It is really important.
I think many people expect too much too fast.
This is a long haul change in the way you eat, so I'd encourage fortitude not discouragement.

I recommend Atkins induction. No nuts at all are allowed.
I have also found it confirmed, although I did NOT believe it at first, that exercise is good but not necessary for weight loss. I have lost 30 pounds in a year, with far less exercise than in the past, and me in my 60s.

You need to opt into a permanent change in your way of eating, one you can maintain, and not expect too much too fast in terms of weight loss. It will happen, if you persist.

I agree with the exercise thing -- I've seen a lot of people lose weight doing low carb without extra exercise but it does add a little boost.

Slider, are you keeping a food log? All veggies are not created equally. Since you don't have a lot to lose, it takes longer to lose it.

Which WOE are you following? Because all of them work if you follow the plan. Are you planning on making low carb your WOE or just a diet to get you to your personal goal?

:o Sorry if I'm asking too many questions...

Wishing you much success in your journey to reaching your goal weight!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”

Harriet 04-15-2014 05:26 AM

Lost only 3 pounds

Patience, patience, its a way of life, not to go on and off. First few weeks of Induction -- no peanut butter for me. No nuts either. That comes later. Also those foods are very high in calories so even though they have no carbs or very little, they are to be consumed in moderation. Small handful of nuts three times a week. Concentrate on meats, salad, sugar free dressing. I use Atkins bars (but only once a day). Slow and steady.